PTI Group Employee Reviews

Employee Unfriendly Company, Greedy
Lead Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pecos, Texas "West Permian Lodge"November 1, 2015
The best thing about this job was my co workers at the he The worst part of it all was the upper management, maybe it was only coming from a few of them and it made everyone stress and get angry But whoever they were they liked to work us like farm animals and would cut your hours down in a New York second no matter what the work load still consisted of after loosing 60 men from our 300 man camp. Those 60 rooms had to be checked out along with the staying clients rooms also But our hours would get cut and we had to be on full charge from the moment we started to stop But we did it No type of gratitude or simple since at thank you even. From anyone outside our camp that is Not crying just seen the others bust their butts non stop for this company and then they did a huge lay off and termination shifting around of all the best people they had that made that camp go round Like cattle they dropped us just like that Great coworkers horrible Ungreat-full company and upper management
Pros
Coworkers on site, food, accommodations. Camp manager
Cons
Stress often to much to try and do in the hours given to us per day.
just not the right fit for me
Sales and Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJuly 25, 2015
The company is great! It just is not the right fit for me. I am looking for more of a challenge with more administrative work and less warehouse organization.
Pros
great environment and co-workers
Cons
pay scale
construction work doing plumbing
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Berthoud, COJune 17, 2014
Plumbing, hard work fast paced and enjoyed the job Learned to set water lines
Pros
pay rate
Cons
not enough hours
Great benefits, and working conditions!!!
Materials Team (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, COMay 13, 2014
Standard eight work day with options for overtime. Weekly "All Hands" meeting with plant employee's. Safe work environment.
Pros
Heathcare
Horrible company to work for.
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Casper WyomingDecember 10, 2013
The only good thing about this company is the benefits. Very disorganized and management is incompetent and disrespectful. Don't expect to make a living working for this company unless you can work 40+ hours overtime. I do not recommend this company at all!! Very disorganized and they have a horrible reputation in the oilfield... Don't waste your time.
Benefits
Cons
Horrible incompetent management
Do not trust this employer
Senior Chef I (Former Employee) –  Bakken Area, and UtahNovember 16, 2013
This company is the worst employer in the Oil Industry. Upper Management is void of integrity, morals, and honesty. I was the Senior Chef for this company for 4 months, I personally saw 2 cases of sexual harassment that I reported after it was reported to me go undocumented with no follow up. Upper management will layoff people without any notice, over promise under deliver to all employees, it is not a healthy work environment. I do not miss working for them at all. I was laid off for a period of 5 months as well before I was promoted to be the Senior Chef as well.
Pros
They paid for most of my travel expenses, except when I resigned did not pay for 4 past months which they were behind on.
Cons
Awful Company
Company fires/lays off with out notice
Senior Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  South TexasSeptember 26, 2013
Hired and laid off within 90 days. Company is getting ready to be spun off from Oil States and just RIF'ed a large chunk of US workforce. No stability or loyalty within the company.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
No regard to work life balance, no notice of lay offs, manager was on vacation for 30+days of my 90 days with the company
Absolute lack of integrity
Environmental Health (Former Employee) –  Denver/CasperFebruary 4, 2013
Mid management has no moral values. Will lie continually to workers to get what they want. They want honesty, especially when dealing with state/fed agencies, but will not give it to workers who do their best to comply.
Pros
met a lot of people who cared about what they did, just not in worker/management relations..
Cons
mid management lacked honesty, especially when dealing with workers.
Horrible management, not enjoyable, look elsewhere for work
EHS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 14, 2012
Management is clueless and disrespectful to workers. On boarding is the worst I have ever experienced; I came on with two other people and we were all more confused about the company, it's functions and our role. No one helped answering our questions. Management also does not recognize when they make mistakes and doesn't correct them.

I know it is a tough market, but I would seriously look else where for work. It's just not worth it.
Pros
it's a job...
Cons
management, type of work, location, people
Great people, great pay, long rotations
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  North of Fort McMurray, ABNovember 15, 2012
There are different divisions of PTI so experiences will differ.
I mainly worked large camps/lodges and love my job. The people are great to work with, the pay is good and as expected, hours are long.

The rooms were really nice and very well kept/clean, flat screen TVs with HDMI. Internet is there but slow at best, when everyone comes back from site/supper - good luck with it working at all. Cell service with Telus works great out here, but not so much with others.

Management was sometimes hard to deal with and seemed to change often. I think the hardest part of this job is that the rotations were 21 days in with 7 off - BUT that seems to have become the standard with any catering outfit now. Job security is great if you can take it. Most PTI camps now run like 4 star hotels and expect the same professionalism from their employees.

Best part of working with PTI is the awesome staff/co-workers, job security (Full Time-Year Round work) and financial security with awesome benefits.

Only improvement I could see would to have an option of rotations to staff (21/7 or 14/7 etc) and instead of busing it all the time, have the option of flying to/from site (PTI in this area is the only employer that does not fly their staff to and from site) and better E VAC procedure during fire season. (ie. Forest fire was REALLY close to camp, clients were evac'd, staff was not - fire within 5km or less of camp)

I hear very little complaints from clients other than they are bored ( and I have to agree, not much to do out here rec wise) and no food complaints except from the few "picky" clients
  more... who forget they are in the bush and want "steak and lobster" level of food every night and need to realize they are offered better services and food than most other catering outfits.  less
Pros
accommodation provided, great pay, awesome benifits, great staff, fun atmosphere, job security
Cons
long work rotations, management changes too often, slow internet, safety during fire season needs revision, not much for recreational choices after shift
Not a honest place
Materials handler (Former Employee) –  Johnstown , Co.October 25, 2012
Time clocks don't work properly
Employees very disrespectful to each other
Unsafe working conditions
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
no breaks
Warehouse
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, CoOctober 22, 2012
The management dont have a clue about materals in the construction field.
Safty does not meen a thing to this company.
I turned a guy in for doing drugs and drinking on the job, and they did nothing about it.
Also turned a guy in for exsessive speed on a fork lift, and the company did nothing.
Didnt follow rules on breaks and lunch breaks, most of the time did not get the required time.
If your a woman, be perpared to take a beating.
Not an equal pay company
Pros
hours are good pleanty of over time
Cons
respect
not a prime time player
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Stanley, NDJuly 18, 2012
get ready for payroll problems. not bad people just unorganized