PTI Employee Reviews

multitasking, but fun and exciting.
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJanuary 4, 2017
answer many calls and dispatch many drivers while counting there hours of drive time to make sure they get there rest or don't go out on a long trip without enough drive time. talked to many supervisors and managers on phone meetings.
Not a good job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 25, 2016
I was working hours behind the wheel that would have cost me my CDL. I was frequently not paid & when I complained was ignored.
Pros
You have work
Cons
They will work you until you or someone else would die
Avoid at all costs
Van driver (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, ILDecember 20, 2016
Avoid at all costs they do not guarantee you hours your not allowed drink anything while driving . Example you can. Be on 4hr trip but you can't take sip water or anything cause it's against rules you have be stopped take drink of anything... You can literally be on board all day long and not get to work. Worst place get job anything is better then this. They feed you all this full time hrs talk not likely to receive maybe for week when you start that's it. No way support yourself let alone a family at this job just avoid. You can make more money at temp agency's.
Pros
Lots of time of not working
Cons
Small pay checks, no guarantee hours, no drinks allowed
alot of great people, but also have people who you dont get along with. Some areas are a nice area to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tawas City, MINovember 22, 2016
a typical day of work we rushed to meat the required amount of parts. ate lunch and took breaks at the same time everyday. it is easy and sometimes fun work.
Worst management I have came across
Loader (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INNovember 8, 2016
Management did not recognize the want to be leaders. Nor have any affection towards their life or personal life! Would use terrible tones towards workers. Could be cussed or yelled at, at any point! Upper level would react on emotion.
Pros
Cons
Not enough time on lunch. No respect between empoylers or employes
Well structured and great environment
Chief Editor (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHOctober 9, 2016
My peers and I were hired in from outside of the company to make videos for the sole purpose of advertising their company and showing new emloyees what they do at PTI. We worked very well together just as we did on campus, but the professional setting was a driving point for us to stay focused and prompt.
Pros
Great schedule and ample time to finish
Cons
Was a temporary gig.
Inspection
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHOctober 1, 2016
A typical work day consists of me receiving information on the parts being inspected, rejection information and the amount of good pieces required to complete the order.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Not enough people to fill positions
fun place to learn about plastic and how they make them
Blow Molder Machinist, Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Hempstead, TXSeptember 13, 2016
I learned how to run a blow molder machine and how to change to the molds to make different parts that were needed to be made for the next part also learned how to make sure the machine is running properly
driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 16, 2016
drive to different locations, multi-task, set example, family oriented, driving for hours trying to stay awake, see different parts of the world
high stress ,fast paced ,repetative eniroment
3rd Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHAugust 15, 2016
Manufacturing & quality work..dirty ,loud high pressure environment. have to be great multi-tasker in fast paced environment. Was told on rate & job was hired into & started much lower & took quite awhile to get the promised amount & position. My crew was excellent to work with but had to constantly work with additional workers sent from main building, did have issues with some of them not having knowledge & issues with some of my existing crew. Had to try to smooth over relations constantly with GM employees. They could be non cooperative at times. Had to establish a good repoire with GM people.
Pros
not many
Cons
plenty of cons
Good company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mandan, NDAugust 10, 2016
Great company, and fun to work for. The problem was they had to many people hired, so you barely got any hours. I was on call all the time but rarely had any jobs available to me.
Pros
Good pay, friendly
Cons
Not enough hours
A very good company
Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 27, 2016
I love working for Wiregrass it was a very good company that paid very well and took care of all employees and made sure we had proper time off
Pros
Pay
Cons
Heat
productive and fun work place
Quality inspector (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 17, 2016
. i was the quality inspector. i made sure no part were damaged. check labels and make sure all parts was ready to ship. write the builders up if the make any mistakes. mad sure all part were in proper sequence .
Pros
gaining experience in quality inspecting
Cons
some managers were races, no raises
No work life balance
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 11, 2016
The job required 24/7 on call availability with zero off time. At the end the company had lost substantial business and was downsizing branch managers and asking managers to perform the same work at half the pay. There was never any upside opportunity with the company. The job included hiring and managing 40+ mostly minimum wage+ drivers. The hardest part was providing logistics/drivers for the client's needs 24/7. The best upside was that I could work from home.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Very low pay across all job descriptions.
very productive
Inspection Technician (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJuly 4, 2016
i inspected car parts for GM. i learned what was accepted for a job that requires you to inspect car parts or anything else that you're required to inspect. the management was decent. co workers didn't talk much to one another, only on breaks. the hardest part about the job was the math when i had to total all my bins and combined them with the previous workers.
Pros
nice people
Cons
short breaks
Pti
Driver (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 20, 2016
I enjoyed working with the different people. I also enjoyed seeing different places. I did not enjoy waiting to receive a call to go out on a trip. I believe when we go on "Available" we should be paid at least minimum wage until we get a run.
Pros
meet new people, travel
Cons
waiting for a call or trip, not getting paid for waiting until trip
Drove train crews to and from their trains
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSMay 20, 2016
Fun job, worked mainly at night so that train crews could be moved to and from the trains when demand was needed. Crews were always nice and pleasant to work with no matter the time of day or night.
Pros
GREAT PEOPLE
It was a good job me being retired
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDMay 17, 2016
A typical day was checking in at starting time, then waiting for the phone to ring.

Never knowing what the day would bring
I learened to listen and not talk which was some what different.
My boss was always ready to assist in what ever was needed on my part.
When I started the job the co-workers mostly were friendly and ready to answer questions that I needed to know but other than that we had very little contact do to the nature of the job.

The hardest part was waiting all day to be called and then getting called for a 3 hr. trip 1/2 hr before the end of my shift.

The most enjoyable part was the satisfaction of completing the task of getting the riders to their destination safely and on time.
Pros
paid by the mile
Cons
waiting to be called
not my favorite place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tawas City, MIMay 9, 2016
Pros:
-Fun managers
--Fun perks

Cons:
-VERY few hours unless you are aspiring to or are in management
-Advancement is extremely difficult if you do nor plan to make a career there
Hard to find satisfaction working for PTI
Over the Road Driver (Former Employee) –  Norton, VAMay 3, 2016
Working for PTI, over the road drivers only get paid for the time they are actually on an assigned job. They have to be on call to the dispatchers until needed, but are not paid for their time at all while waiting. Some days we were on call all day long and never got a single trip. In order to sign on to receive a call, you had to first obtain a van to use during your shift. Some days I had to make multiple trips back and forth from home to our local office to check to see if a van was available for me to use to work. The last day I worked for PTI, I used $30 in gas trying to get a van to work so I could go on the board. After I signed on, It took till 1 hour before I was supposed to go off the board to get a trip. That trip was only one way delivering a crew from Norton Yard Office to Carbo Yard Office. I made $28 for that day. That was the last day I worked because it was costing me more money to get the means to work than I was able to earn. Also, many railroad workers are hard to work with and like to abuse drivers (mentally, emotionally, and verbally).

During the time I worked there, I was sent paperwork wanting me to take part in filing a lawsuit against PTI over payment situations. Since leaving them, I received another one for the same thing.
Pros
Free training.
Cons
Unsympathetic supervisors, very seldom make anything on paid holidays, rude co-workers, too much gossiping, unkept vans, too many rules and regulations that seem unsensible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PTI. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9