PUB Employee Reviews

Bar Supervisor (Current Employee) –  RawtenstallMay 2, 2016
Great family orientated bosses, willing to go the extra mile for their staff.
Long hours but great people to work with so time flies.
Pros
Tips, team bonding nights, training, new products.
Cons
Finishing in the early hours makes travel home hard.
fun and entertaining
Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tamworth NSWApril 5, 2016
fun and entertaining. The pay rate was not the best,especially working on Sundays for normal wage. The people were friendly and great atmosphere other wise.
enjoyed working here
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, ENGJanuary 10, 2016
i enjoyed working in the pub but the only problem was i was getting paid less than minimum wage and they wouldn't make their mind up with what they wanted me to do, for example they would ask me to serve and then they would ask me to start cleaning up. I enjoyed working the hours i did, I would pull pints, clean up, and work on the till. i learnt how to serve properly and serve quickly. The management was good but they could have treat me a bit better.my co-workers were lovely and i got on with then really well. The hardest part of the job was when we was busy and i was on my own trying to clean and serve at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job was when there was people in and i had help and i could do was i was employed to do.
Pros
i was always busy
Cons
no break and long hours and paid less than minimum wage
Challenging and busy
Waitressing (Current Employee) –  Northampton, ENGJune 23, 2015
My co-workers and I work as a team to complete the daily tasks which leads to a good working environment, everyday at work I meet new people and my confidence grows. The most enjoyable part of this job is talking to the members of the public.
Pros
Lovely people
Busy workplace
The Navy Inn Waitress/bar experience (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, ENGMay 14, 2015
During my vacancee at the Navy Inn pub, I would do a number of jobs. preparing food, restocking the fridges and freezers and serving the customers with high quality customer service. Also I had some experience behind the bar, serving customers. l would work during the rush and have to multi-task. the most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with customers. I also enjoyed restocking the fridge freezers ensuring that all of them are up to date.
work
cook (Former Employee) –  Burrum Heads, QLDFebruary 11, 2015
i will be available to work after school and on weekends and holidays.

i have learned to always be careful and always be pilot to people.
Pros
would i be able to have free lunches
Cons
how long to i have to work for
good expirience
Stacker (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, WLSJanuary 26, 2015
I worked 1 every 2 weeks as a skittles stacker in a pub, my typical day would consist of helping the old people with their skittles game i would tack them back up after they have bowled.
I worked on my own as it was quicker and I work better alone but if needed to I could work as part of a team. The hardest part of the job was the times i had to stand up through the whole job.
Pros
good food
Cons
standing for hours
Enjoyable workplace
Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Sittingbourne, ENGDecember 27, 2014
The hardest part of the job was ensuring that each and every customer was satisfied with their food, and if they wasn't I had to deal with the complaints even though it weren't my responsibility as I never cooked the food. I learned that not all customers treat your with the respect you deserve so you just need to carry on with the day and not take anything to heart. The management of the pub was running well until it came to rotas as they never gave the staff set hours. the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the regulars in the pub and being able to get along with each and everyone who comes inside the pub.
Pros
meeting new people day in and day out
Cons
not set hours
Small,depressing
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  ENGJune 4, 2014
not very nice people to work for
the place was very small could hardly move pass people when
i had hot plates
Cons
depressed people, small place
learing
Bar Tender (Former Employee) –  London, ENGNovember 24, 2013
i learned alot about customer service, how to treat people and made friends
Fun workplace
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Millom, ENGNovember 7, 2013
My time at work at the Bear on the Square in Millom I had learnt a lot. How to dry and wash dishes properly also how to greet people. The people I had worked with were very friendly and welcomed you with open arms to the job role provided, The hardest part of the job was having to wash so many dishes all I wanted was some breaks but I only had two. The most enjoyable part of the job, was meeting and greeting new people I really enjoyed that, everyone is so friendly and helpful!
Pros
20 minute lunch
Traditional pub
The Swan (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham, ENGOctober 14, 2013
Fine ales and wine, local produce and a warm, cosy environment.
good work place and fun peapple
kitchen hand (Former Employee) –  Adelaide, SAJune 12, 2013
I would start my day bye cleaning and preparing the sides and tables then when customer's come in I would take the order and help cook the meal. then serve the customer's there meal's.

I would learn how to speak and communicate to the customer's.
I learned how to cook stake and meals.

the chef would help me manage everything and get everything dune before we opened the pub. such as get the tables set and the side dishes made.

the hardest part of the job was taking the orders coz of my pore reading and righting.

the most enjoyable part of the job was helping the chef cook the meals because it was fun and not so hard to do.
Pros
free lunch / free drinks
Cons
short hours
Awesome place to work!!
Maungaturoto Hotel (Former Employee) –  Maungaturoto, NorthlandJune 10, 2013
A Typical Day At Work: I got to work and cleaned the floors in the resturant from the lunch service and cleaned my area. I restocked the fridges, checked bookings for the night, cleaned the coffee machine etc. When customers come in I greet them and ask if they would like a drink. I then seat them, set up a tab for them, get them their beverages and give them the menus. I wait for about 5-10 minutes and then go and take their orders (if they are ready!). I then take their orders to the kitchen and help the chef out while regularly checking if there are any people who need service. i then serve them their meals and check if they would like a glass of water each or any other beverages then leave them to enjoy their meals. when it comes time for them to pay their bill i ask how their meals are and our customers were always satisfied and full of compliments. the best part of the job was seeing how much people enjoyed themselves and when they complimented on the service and food.
Pros
free meals / non alcoholic beverages
Cons
sometimes got called in at short notice
fun workplace
cleaner (Former Employee) –  walsallMarch 19, 2013
i just love working in the pub love the job the hours were just right for me because i only what part time hours
Pros
nice hours 3 hours a day
Job was ok
Bar staff (Former Employee) –  ColchesterFebruary 14, 2013
I ran the pub for the landlord when he was out and about and they was long hours co workers was ok when i saw them hardest part of the job was tiredness at the end of sift late at night most enjoyable is getting payed
A lively place to work
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Owston FerryJanuary 1, 2013
A typical day at work involves getting there 45 minutes early to ensure that all preparations are put in place and the shift can flow as smoothly as possible. My boss then comes and informs me of an extra tasks that need to be carried out due to any events that may happening in that particular shift. I then go out head on with enthusiasm and friendliness and meet customers. I ensure they feel comfortable in the environment bring out their food, always checking that they are enjoying themselves and their meals. I help the chef with anything they may need whilst making and serving the food for the customers. I then make sure everything was 'spot on' for them before bringing out the bill and handling money. This includes me having to work out the end total and also use the till so that the bill can be monitored into the system. Whilst I am doing this, I am constantly being lively towards all customers and enjoying my time at work. At the end of my shift, I make sure that the workplace is clean and tidy for the next waitress to take over. I make sure that I leave the place how I would expect to find it.
good people
front of house staff (Former Employee) –  bramely rotherhamNovember 2, 2012
it has good people there and it was fun it was a fast paced company and long hours but was fun as i met all kinds of people the hardest part of the job was getting on top of everything as it got confusing with co workers when iot came to taking out food orders as we all went to get the orders.
management was brilliant they were friendly, helpful and out going.
i learned that you can have fun while being busy.
the most enjoyable part of the job was the tasting of food and drinks
Pros
warm and friendly
owner operator
Head Chef I.V (Former Employee) –  port hardy bcAugust 9, 2012
develop work skills
bar skills
costing skills
developing people skills
Pros
fun
Bar Staff
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Somerset RadstockJuly 17, 2012
I had to clean the bar, keep the customers happy and serve a variety of alcohol and spirits also work out the prices for each drink and keep it tailed