The Cambridge Institute of International Education is a rapidly growing, privately-owned educational consulting firm. By empowering American high schools, colleges and universities to build elite international student programs, Cambridge stimulates meaningful cross-cultural exchange and cultivates influential relationships among youths across the globe. The company proudly fosters a vibrate culture emphasizing teamwork, positivity, personal growth and passion. Based in Waltham, Massachusetts and featuring offices in Los Angeles, China and Korea, The Cambridge Institute seeks employees who share our zeal for international collaboration and wish to grow with a thriving company.
The Sr. Application Developer will be responsible for developing specifications for software programming applications and modifies/maintains the existing business application that may be customized or standardized. The individual will participate in design and coding activities with other team members. Excellent communication skills, teamwork and a great attitude are essential.
Applicant must be energetic and self-motivated with a strong ability to prioritize requests and address all issues.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Evaluate, conceptualize, design, implement and deploy business applications with high-performance user experience
- Rapidly prototype and develop UI widgets, plugins and controls from scratch
- Work with project managers to scope work and produce estimates to help define deliverables and timelines
- Produce and maintain technical and support documentation (technical designs and unit test plan)
- Drive continuous improvements in performance, scalability, reliability and usability
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, information Systems or related area is required; Master’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in the development, implementation and maintenance of large web/portal applications and systems using J2EE technologies (JSP, Servlets, JDBC)
- Portal user interface development experience
- 2+ years of UI development experience with strong UX focus
- Knowledge of Java-based design patterns and application frameworks such as MVC and/or Hibernate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as teamwork and a great attitude are essential
- Must be current with industry best practices
- Experience with Quickbase is a strong plus
Salary to Commensurate with experience. Competitive benefit program including 401k plan with a match.
Must be authorized to work in the US. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Indeed - 13 months ago
Public Consulting Group, Inc., a management consulting firm, is committed to providing the highest level of service and quality products to...