Public Consulting Group

Public Consulting Group Employer Reviews

Terrible
Data Entry (Former Employee), Augusta, MEJuly 30, 2014
Pros: mon-fri, weekends off
Cons: you can get fired for a stupid reason at any time
The management is HORRIBLE. They time your restroom breaks. Supervisors are very immature and have had no experience as managers. I liked the work but the supervisors out weighed the headache of worried firing. Don't work here!
Productive, respecful and friendly place to work
Data Entry (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 17, 2014
Pros: gym, free coffee and very little supervision which i like.
Cons: short breaks
Everyone are very professional, helpful, we all work as a team and help each other out. They have a nice clean environment, a gym and a café where you can get coffee or tea.
Great job if you are not a temporary contractor
Payment Poster (Former Employee), Portsmouth nhMarch 5, 2014
Pros: friendly co workers
Cons: temp before perm
great place to work but they only hire people as temps to start and you could be a temp for YEARS before becoming permanent. When permanent this is a great job with great benefits if you can wait that long.
unprofessional management, prehistoric outdated billing systems
education (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: two bonuses a year
Cons: terribly unprofessional, and systems used are pre historic and outdated.
the company itself is good it is specific department heads that are the problem. one director is known for using racial terms another is known for bullying her employees and there are several who are known for sleeping with a director. With all this non sense going on on top of it when hr gets reports they act as if the reporting person is at fault – more... in other words when management gets wind that there has been a complainant, they immediately set out to discredit the employee and H.R automatically believes management as if they can never ever be wrong – less
I like working at Public Consulting Group but the position was temporary
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 4, 2013
I like working at Public Consulting Group but the position was temporary
Excess workload
Schools Specialist (Current Employee), Okemos, MIOctober 29, 2013
Pros: travel was exciting
Cons: excessive workload and inability to effectively train
I was not aware that I would be required to work 55+ hours a week and spend the majority of my weekends on my computer performing essential job functions.
Volunteer (Current Employee), El Cajon, CAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: too much paper being waste
A typical day at work is filing new clients documents. I have learn how to efficiently organize client's files. I enjoy working with my co-workers because they are very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is when clients do not cooperate with the program. I enjoy the idea that PCG is there to help people.
PCG is a great company to work for.
Office Manager / Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago IllinoisSeptember 15, 2013
I have been very happy at PCG and currently looking for a change.
Very productive company and enjoyable atmosphere to come to work daily
MECare Member Services Team Lead (Current Employee), Augusta, MEAugust 23, 2013
I have learned a great deal about the Medicaid insurance since working for this company as that is what we were sub-contracted to do for the state. My management team is awesome! All of them have been here for 5+ years and the Manager has been here since day one and started out as a Member Service Rep just like myself and worked her way up. My co-workers – more... and reps are great and well trained in customer service skills and we all work very good together, quite a cohesive unit, great team! I have really grown as a person working here and have learned alot from my managers, my team and the people I have helped for the past 5+ years and have also gained more administrative skills. – less
Not Great
Customer Service (Former Employee), PhoenixAugust 7, 2013
Pros: flex option is great if you can keep your score up and the pay is decent.
Cons: micro managed, unable to make your own decisions, no advancement, you have to figure things out on your own, very closed door
Strictly taking calls and being very very micromanaged. Not able to make any decisions of your own. Very little interaction with peers and co workers.
Great place to work at with and keeps you on your toes.
Claims Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 30, 2013
Pros: we weren't micro-managed and were given the trust to complete our work.
Cons: it was a temp assignment
-A typical day at work consisted of intense research into city agency systems in order to find potentially qualified candidates for disability benefits.

-I learned a lot about child welfare and the process of how children enter and leave foster care.

-Management was a rare presence.

-Co-workers were driven and very isolated.

-The hardest part of – more... the job was allocating a substantial amount of children on a monthly basis who would qualify for disability benefits, since the numbers started dwindling.

-The most enjoyable part of the job was being to submit a successful claim that would assist foster children in providing them with much needed additional resources. – less
not for the faint of heart or thin skinned
former employee (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 20, 2013
Pros: decent annual bonus opportunities
Cons: lack of managerial vision, complete disconnect between sr leadership and the employee base
It's you're typical consulting environment. Old school, no forward thinking, vanilla and the rich stay rich.

Not much room for advancement unless you are on the "consulting" track. Long hours expected. Senior management has been there forever and they do nothing to stay abreast of current best practices.

If you're a high performer, you will feel stifled – more... in this organization. – less
Excellent company to work for
Disability Entitlement Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 16, 2013
Pros: excellent health insurance plans and competative salaries
Cons: contract work for 5yrs or less
I have learned to use different tools that the company developed to do my job more effectively. Management was there to make you more effective in doing your job.
learned about accounts receivable follow up
Accounts Receivable Associate (Former Employee), Albany, NYJune 12, 2013
good company learned alot about billing and follow up on accounts . I called companies to find out what they can pay towards their balances with the commpany. and posted payments to the companies that did send payments into the company. I worked in a group setting to get some isues resolved.
Pruductive place
Verification Analyst (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 16, 2013
Learned alot, Fun atmosphere, enjoyed making people's lives better
Good place to learn.
Employment Training Advisor (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 12, 2013
Pros: managers are giving their best to bring hss project to its max!
Cons: so far, none...
If you suffer from fast- growing- mania, this place is not for you.
This is a contract position, would like to obtain permanent position
Medical Billing and Coding Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: variety of tasks and software experience.
Cons: contract position.
Public Consulting Group contract is a wonderful oppurtunity for me to hone my billing skills.
Great Experience
Education Specialist (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJanuary 11, 2013
I made a Marketing Plan in which I thoroughly researched every school district in Florida and presented the opportunities to my supervisor. I calculated projected revenue levels based on available data to allow prioritization of marketing efforts. It is now used as a model for every state in which PCG has an office.
Helped with school districts Medicaid – more... reimbursement and EasyIEP (management of ESE services) – less
Sophisticated and excellent place to work.
IT Project Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: good location and environment
Cons: commute was a bit long, but worth it.
Shared information and grew with co-workers. Internal training was always available.
nice
Third Party Billing Coordinator (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 20, 2012
Pros: lax environment
Cons: disorganization
It is an "ok" place to work. Its a consulting firm so their more of a budget driven company. Everyone is friendly, growing company