Public Consulting Group Employee Reviews

Had a long commute by train and had to supply my own office supplies.
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 18, 2017
I had to supply my own office supplies and when there was a management change the new management was very cut throat. My manage used innapropiate language around my fellow employees and myself
Pros
None, Had to bring in my own lunch and there was no refrigerator available.
Cons
Everything, from the unethical treatment of employees to not caring about anyone except themselves.
great location in boston
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 26, 2017
the culture was substantially different that was advertised and was not a productive of cooperative environment. they have good office locations as a bonus.
Good Company to work for
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Financial District, MAJune 26, 2017
PCG is a good place for consultants to start. Although in my past 4 years of experience, there has been a revolving door of employees. There isn't much room for growth for specific employees in the management department. For someone starting out, this would be a great place to learn about what consultants do for communities all over the US.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes after or during trainings
Cons
salary
A great company for entry level consulting
Project Manager - Consultant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 25, 2017
PCG has many experienced individuals and is a great training ground for new consultants. They treat their employees very fairly and compensate well. The firmly believe in continuous learning and process improvement. Consulting in the private sector is a great opportunity for those who wish to serve a community as well as the company they work for. PCG is an excellent company for an entry level position and lifelong career.
Pros
Amazing network of helpful and knowledgeable individuals.
Cons
Consulting itself is almost always a temporary job.
A regrettable experience
Senior Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 22, 2017
I had better days. I worked on some interesting projects but there was a tremendous lack of support from the C level management. I worked for a year on projects that I was told by managers my CTO was seeing the results of.

When asked they knew nothing about it. There is not even a word for this kind mismanagement. The organization was constantly changing. I changed managers 4 times over a 6 week period.

It became a game of you were closest to. In the end, my transition was handled very poorly.
Pros
Excellent bonus and reviews.
Cons
The potential is being wasted. Incompetence breeds complacency
Good Place to work with
AWS/Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 16, 2017
The work place and culture everything well and good I'm pleasure to work with this company and nice environment and culture good work place no pressure good dead lines easy going
No other call center has this much diversity!
Supervisor, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  SeaTac, WAJune 13, 2017
Seatac office offers 13 languages support across United States. Such a fun diverse place to work with! We focus our business endeavors on the public sector because we value the missions and constituents which government agencies serve, and core to our business is the fundamental tenet that all people matter. At PCG, diversity is valued and inclusion is an expectation
Family oriented work environment
Intern (Current Employee) –  Okemos, MIJune 4, 2017
Working in the kitchen here teaches efficiency, organization, and customer service skills. Although, while working under a time crunch, relationships with coworkers, and bosses are typically very strong and healthy.
Public Consulting Group
Claims Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 12, 2017
Overall, PCG employees were professional. Work Life Balance and Poor Management of employees with little or no structured work plans, employee training and adequate time to learn the job were the downfall.
Pros
Service provided is excellent
Cons
Poor Managment
So-so
Intern (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 20, 2017
was exposed to a lot of different areas in the education field that I didn't know even existed. Interesting work. Employees seem very driven and the environment wasn't too bad. Work-life balance seems a little out of balance imo
Pros
Meaningful work
Cons
compensation
Workplace
Claims Developer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 20, 2017
I loved the environment and tasks. This job allowed me to learn and grow and be able to make decisions for myself and even work as an office and alone.
Boring company, nice people
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAMarch 16, 2017
The company has acquired a number of smaller companies and developers on a dozen different products, based on a number of different technologies. Most of them are fairly outdated.

The culture is pretty corporate. Casual clothes are fine, but more emphasis is put on time at your desk than actual work accomplished. There's also pressure to work extra hours and be available when outside the office to respond to emails.

The other employees are nice as well as the management. There's very much a feel of us against the problem and even if there's some mistake or unreasonable client demand, everyone works together to fix it.
Pros
Friendly culture
Cons
Outdated technology
Poor Management = Low retention rate
Case Manager/Employment Training Advisor (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAMarch 6, 2017
Two companies pay the employees and both companies are not equal. Two people doing the same job should get the same pay, same benefits, same bonus incentives...but it isn't so.

Management has been bad from day one and gets worse. They don't care about the struggles of the employees, only that the job gets done. The expectations on one employee is enough work for three people.

The retention rate is very low because people quit or find other jobs, and the ones who stay are only there because of empty promises.
Pros
It's a paycheck
Cons
Micromanage you to death, Very high caseloads, No concern for quality of life for employees
Pros
Temporary Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 15, 2017
Great atmosphere, worked with great people. The work is repetitive, you must pay attention to detail. Opportunity for growth overall I had a great manager. He was very understanding.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Pay
Do not work here!!!!
Biling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHFebruary 15, 2017
DO NOT APPLY!!!! there is a manager who like to belittle people and make fun of them. Very unprofessional environment!!! Look elsewhere!!! Management has no understanding for emergencies outside of work.
Pros
2 week notice
Cons
working here
My rating to pcg
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAFebruary 6, 2017
I really enjoy working for PCG. I learned a lot of computer skills. it was my first time working at a office or clerk, the staff was a little different from other type of jobs i had.
Pros
it was only four hours a day.
Cons
pay check every Friday.
No work/life balance
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 4, 2017
There was no work/life balance which was not worth the pay. The office environment was very unpleasant at times. It was definitely not well diverse. The systems were antiquated. The office downtown has very high turnover.
Great Opportunity
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAJanuary 18, 2017
This company has everything going for them except maturity of processes. Their SaaS product it great but when they need to modify it by the demands of clients - there is a weakness.

They are growing and will figure it out. But at the expense of key personnel and clients.

Work/Life balance is very good but you do have long hours on some releases - but so do other companies.

If you are lucky enough to stay with them - it will be a fun ride.
Pros
Great teams - Call Center is fantastic.
Cons
Still growing and figuring out processes for both SaaS and new development
Employment Training Advisor
Employment Training Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Lots of work, under a lot of stress to help clients on welfare. No period evaluations for employees to find out how they are performing. Micromanaging at times.

120 hours a year of paid time off plus federal holidays.
No need to clock in, that was nice.
Pros
No need to clock in, nice coworkers
Cons
Overworked, stressful, some people take anti anxiety pills to put up with the work
Temp
Billing/Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MANovember 8, 2016
Work from the time you walk in till the time you leave awesome just what I like nice people to work with good neighborhood also very quite and clean...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Public Consulting Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8