Public Health Management Corporation Employee Reviews

Clinical coordinator and management very poor
Case Manager / Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 12, 2017
Horrible management from the top down. Clinical coordinator was a young, immature, stubborn, and flat out mean person. She had no social skills and was all by the book. She had no experience in running a team and the team was falling apart to say the least. Upper management did not hear out peoples sides / opinions on issues at the workplace, only the clinical coordinator, who again was not cut out for being a supervisor. Coordinator worked with drug and alcohol / mental health clients, and had no empathy, sympathy, and had no idea what drug and alcohol issues are really like for people. WOULD NOT recommend Public Health Management Corporation
positive
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Pathways to RecoverySeptember 16, 2017
very positive environment. I work for an exceptional Clinical Director. Difficult in sense that we are paid by hour of clients and it is a very transient population.
People do not accept change
Intern (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 28, 2017
Very busy all the time. Most of the people are friendly, but not trust worthy. People do not accept change even if you were only the deliverer. There is little room for growth. The CEO of the company is very outgoing, though I do not think he is aware of what goes on daily. You are expected to be available all of the time with no additional compensation.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No room for growth
PHMC is enjoyable
Nutrition Educator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 26, 2017
Having worked there for four years I've gain great experience. Non-profit allowed for me to work in different capacities, from grant writing to preparing financial reports to traveling to gain partnerships, all of which I appreciated.
great internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 13, 2017
internship opportunity was great. friendly people and new place close to center city, comcast, shopping, Reading Terminal, City Hall, Rittenhouse Square and many hospitals
Very friendly place to work.
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 13, 2017
A very professional place to work. The surrounds are very professional. If there's a concern they listen to your concern's.
very clean environment. They are very helpful in training you.
Do not work here
Program & Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 13, 2017
Worst company I have ever worked for. Nepotism runs wild along with fraud. Stay far away from PHMC. The top of the company receives massive bonuses off of the back of the hard work of the people working below them. The CEO rakes in $1 million a year while the ones doing all of the work make on average less than $40K. If you do great work, your supervisors take credit for it and only acknowledge you when something goes wrong: accountability is not in their vocabulary.
Pros
Cons
The whole organization
Caring people in a challenging job
Addiction Psychiatrist, Interim House West (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 10, 2017
Excellent place to work, great colleagues, rewarding work. Toughest part is when patients do something to jeopardize their recovery and/or custody of their children.
productive place to work.
Referral Clerk (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 31, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the employees. My co workers are passionate about their job in helping their clients. They go above and beyond for their clients
A workplace that offers perks by way of coffee and other hot beverages daily
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2017
A typical work day is spent rushing about ensuring every task is complete. Management isn't too interested to know how you perform, but would rather react to mistakes.

The workplace culture is mostly satisfying as there are some really dedicated employees who work hard to ensure services are provided for the clients they serve.

The hardest part of the job is completing work while making time to complete quarterly, and monthly reports. There's no time to take off and relax because that means the work is piling up. And having a conscience causes anxiety.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with staff and knowing the services are being rendered on behalf of our clients
Pros
Free coffee, tea and fruit
Cons
Too much work, and without acknowledgement of the work being done.
Relaxition Room
Administrative/Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 9, 2017
Public Health Management Corporation is a nice place to work it's more like a community. A workplace that understands people needs and they do challenge your creatively andmanagement also give great work performances. Have nice meeting concerning how to better benefit our workers. And a stress room to relax on breaks.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
good
Call Center Representative/ Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 22, 2016
PHMC has a ton of exciting opportunities for anyone who genuinely loves helping others in need. Once you walk into the main building you can just feel the great energy. Not to mention the ambience is awesome.
Pros
advancement
Admin Assist
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2016
PHMC is a nice place to work. Most days are very quiet and stress free. People here do not interact with each other too much - basically you associate with people on the floor you work on.
Pros
On site gym, cafe and the location is the best. We can wear earphones
Cons
Every floor is open - you can hear every conversation from everyone
Started off great; ended horrible
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 15, 2016
I worked at Jospeh J. Peters institute for about a year as an intake coordinator. When I first started I loved the job! It was easy going for the most part although we had our busy days. I was constantly learning new things and the work environment was perfect. However, time went on upper management begun micromanaging our office. Constantly checking in to see how many appointments we had on the calendar. They even started pressing my office to do more. With upper management not fully understanding our job and not knowing the full work it takes complete out job. With all the work we had to end up doing the pay wasn't enough. All though things went down hill at JJPI the only thing that was left as beneficial was the benefits.
Pros
Free lunches, holiday parties, good work environment, great benefits, great location
Cons
Pay not enough, micromanaging
very negetive work enviroment
recovery support speacialist (Former Employee) –  germantown aveFebruary 29, 2016
having 2 recovery groups everyday to talk to people who could care less!! And most of the clients just came there to get a free liunch and one token.Very bad work environment if you are a certified recovery speaclist. BE WARE!!!
Pros
some of the clients were very nice!!!
Cons
very draining and for nothing!!
horrible place
case manager (Former Employee) –  center city philadelphiaJanuary 19, 2016
typical day at work involved being micro-managed, blamed for your supervisor's work and no break...co-workers stuck together for the most part, while management took turns back biting each other...the pay is so low some of the full-time workers were on food stamps and still couldnt make their bills.....HR stuck together and continuously lied for the managers in order to fire you....and they are notorious for fighting unemployment...and losing.......this place is a total nightmare!!
Pros
mostly day work
Cons
low pay, low morale, no oppurtunity for advancement
ChildLink Service Coordinator
Service Coordinator- ChildLink (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 31, 2015
I have worked for this agency in two different departments for over 4 years now; the main emphasis is billable activity hours earned and productivity rate. Many workers are hired as temps but do very little work. A few of us do our work and keep busy meeting with clients; however, we wind up with receiving higher caseloads and even more work! Low pay and more scrutiny if you dare to take off for a few days and don't make your minimum billable activity total for the week. This is not about quality of service, but making money for the middle and upper management staff.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Poor salary and lack of support/training from supervisors
TERRIBLE work atmosphere at JJPI
clinician (Former Employee) –  JJPIJuly 9, 2015
JJ PETERS under PHMC was a terrible place to work. While many clinician's in the survivor unit had good intentions, just as many were under-trained and limited in clinical sense. Supervisors at admin level are narcissistic ego-maniacs, only out for their own glory/benefit.
Pros
Location central Philadelphia
Cons
poor supervision, negative atmosphere, high turnover rate
Easy going work place
Client Service Rep. (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 22, 2015
I enjoyed working at PHMC. Like all jobs, it was tough at times, however, there was never a dull moment working at PHMC, which is why I enjoyed the job so much.
Pros
Free lunches, fun times
Cons
Upper management hard to get in touch with
High turnover, low morale
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 17, 2015
Not only is PHMC a total dead end but it's gotten worse over time and right now some divisions are basically in a state of chaos. Qualified people who can leave, do. Middle management is packed full of people who seem either oblivious to the turmoil, don't care about it, or don't know what to do about it. When I started there it was a place where people stayed for their entire careers but many of those people have been pushed out in favor of younger, cheaper employees. That strategy probably seemed good for the bottom line, but it created a revolving door scenario where nobody stays for very long. The pay is terrible, working conditions can be terrible and you can't expect any support from management. Don't expect to advance, don't expect pay increases. I guess PHMC is good for what most people are using it for right now, which is a fall back place where you can get a job easily because there are always so many openings, but nobody goes there with an intention to stay. If you want something short term, it may work out for you.
Pros
Ready availability of positions
Cons
High turnover, low morale, unresponsive management, low pay