Public Health Management Corporation Employee Reviews

Productive work environment
Health Educator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 8, 2016
All employees seek to achieve the goal to help others maintain and sustain healthier lives through programs and services provided by Public Health Management Corporation.
Admin Assist
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2016
PHMC is a nice place to work. Most days are very quiet and stress free. People here do not interact with each other too much - basically you associate with people on the floor you work on.
Pros
On site gym, cafe and the location is the best. We can wear earphones
Cons
Every floor is open - you can hear every conversation from everyone
Started off great; ended horrible
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 15, 2016
I worked at Jospeh J. Peters institute for about a year as an intake coordinator. When I first started I loved the job! It was easy going for the most part although we had our busy days. I was constantly learning new things and the work environment was perfect. However, time went on upper management begun micromanaging our office. Constantly checking in to see how many appointments we had on the calendar. They even started pressing my office to do more. With upper management not fully understanding our job and not knowing the full work it takes complete out job. With all the work we had to end up doing the pay wasn't enough. All though things went down hill at JJPI the only thing that was left as beneficial was the benefits.
Pros
Free lunches, holiday parties, good work environment, great benefits, great location
Cons
Pay not enough, micromanaging
very negetive work enviroment
recovery support speacialist (Former Employee) –  germantown aveFebruary 29, 2016
having 2 recovery groups everyday to talk to people who could care less!! And most of the clients just came there to get a free liunch and one token.Very bad work environment if you are a certified recovery speaclist. BE WARE!!!
Pros
some of the clients were very nice!!!
Cons
very draining and for nothing!!
horrible place
case manager (Former Employee) –  center city philadelphiaJanuary 19, 2016
typical day at work involved being micro-managed, blamed for your supervisor's work and no break...co-workers stuck together for the most part, while management took turns back biting each other...the pay is so low some of the full-time workers were on food stamps and still couldnt make their bills.....HR stuck together and continuously lied for the managers in order to fire you....and they are notorious for fighting unemployment...and losing.......this place is a total nightmare!!
Pros
mostly day work
Cons
low pay, low morale, no oppurtunity for advancement
ChildLink Service Coordinator
Service Coordinator- ChildLink (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 31, 2015
I have worked for this agency in two different departments for over 4 years now; the main emphasis is billable activity hours earned and productivity rate. Many workers are hired as temps but do very little work. A few of us do our work and keep busy meeting with clients; however, we wind up with receiving higher caseloads and even more work! Low pay and more scrutiny if you dare to take off for a few days and don't make your minimum billable activity total for the week. This is not about quality of service, but making money for the middle and upper management staff.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Poor salary and lack of support/training from supervisors
TERRIBLE work atmosphere at JJPI
clinician (Former Employee) –  JJPIJuly 9, 2015
JJ PETERS under PHMC was a terrible place to work. While many clinician's in the survivor unit had good intentions, just as many were under-trained and limited in clinical sense. Supervisors at admin level are narcissistic ego-maniacs, only out for their own glory/benefit.
Pros
Location central Philadelphia
Cons
poor supervision, negative atmosphere, high turnover rate
Easy going work place
Client Service Rep. (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 22, 2015
I enjoyed working at PHMC. Like all jobs, it was tough at times, however, there was never a dull moment working at PHMC, which is why I enjoyed the job so much.
Pros
Free lunches, fun times
Cons
Upper management hard to get in touch with
High turnover, low morale
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 17, 2015
Not only is PHMC a total dead end but it's gotten worse over time and right now some divisions are basically in a state of chaos. Qualified people who can leave, do. Middle management is packed full of people who seem either oblivious to the turmoil, don't care about it, or don't know what to do about it. When I started there it was a place where people stayed for their entire careers but many of those people have been pushed out in favor of younger, cheaper employees. That strategy probably seemed good for the bottom line, but it created a revolving door scenario where nobody stays for very long. The pay is terrible, working conditions can be terrible and you can't expect any support from management. Don't expect to advance, don't expect pay increases. I guess PHMC is good for what most people are using it for right now, which is a fall back place where you can get a job easily because there are always so many openings, but nobody goes there with an intention to stay. If you want something short term, it may work out for you.
Pros
Ready availability of positions
Cons
High turnover, low morale, unresponsive management, low pay
Do not apply.....
FIR CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  FIR CASE MANAGERNovember 18, 2014
Worked there for 3 years as a FIR CM. Paid 32 K for a caseload over 100. Managers micro manage and fault at every chance. President of PHMC makes 800 K. This public record. PHMC is about making money to keep the contracts alive.
Cons
horrible pay with no increases
Good entry level
Forensic Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 14, 2014
GOod entry level job.
Very flexible.
Learned time management.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Bad Management, High Caseload.
Ok place to work with lots of unknown
Forensic Clinical Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 4, 2014
The typical day at work is working with people from all different cultural background. The difficult part of the job is that you do not have control over your schedule because of the unknow working environment of the prison population and staff. You have to be part of a cultural class in order to move up the ladder. It is a dead end place for most people.
Large company with great opportunities to network.
IPP Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2014
This job is meant for someone who doesn't mind multi-tasking. As a Case Manager you must be comfortable with constant traveling and working on the go. In addition you are required to keep detailed notes reagrding your days work. This company would get one star for training their employees so if you do not know something getting used to asking fellow co-workers or supervisors.
Pros
Beautiful, Center City office.
Cons
Anxiously busy.
Great work environment.
CANS Specialist (Current Employee) –  PhiladelphiaAugust 20, 2014
I am able to assist with proper placement of children by determining their strengths and needs. This position does not require a team; which can be difficult at time since I like to engage and interact with people.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lack of social interaction with clients.
An awesome social service agency
Medical Social Worker, Prison Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 13, 2014
It's a team building environment. Upper mangagment has an open door policy.
Pros
Benefit package and pension plan
Cons
Lack of educational opportunities.
PHMC is an interesting and very educational place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 30, 2014
I have been an intern for this company twice, during my junior and senior year at Temple University.
It was a great and beneficial experience for me to work at PHMC in the records room. My supervisor was very helpful and I learned a lot while being there.
My typical day during the junior year included but was not limited to the responsibilities listed below:
-Process the Release of Information
-Retrieve/Return records as requested by staff
-Process and scan Early Intervention Health Appraisal and Prescription
-Perform quality/quantity review on scanned images
-File loose reports using straight numeric filing system
During the senior year I was responsible for 3 projects: Training, Staff Productivity, Updating Department’s Manual.
Productive and fun workplace at Public Health Management Coorporation
Medical Assistant (Temporary job) (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 29, 2014
A typical day at work for me is basically inputting patients information into a electronic database drawling blood when I am needed (not all the time)
Not the right place for me
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 23, 2014
Acquired many useful skills applicable to life and work. I have met many great people here who are passionate about helping others.
Pros
Work flexibility. New office building promotes employee interaction and discussion
Cons
Salary/Compensation
Productive fun learning experience
Human Resource Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 7, 2014
I loved working her learned any new things. Met a bunch of beautiful people while helping people at the same time.
productive and fun workplace ping pong tables, board games, card games, etc.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  philadelphia, PAMay 18, 2014
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong tables board games, card games etc. Planned vacation with residents. Assist residents in developing and maintaining familial and social relationships outside
of program.
- I learned to have patients
- I learned that communication skills is vital in the workplace.
- I learned to think positive
- I learned to be more Benevolent with others
- I learned to be more Reflective
- I learned to make the most of the time I have. Ask colleagues to share time saving tips, etc.
My co-workers were like family. We all were team players and we all respected each other. Moreover the most enjoyable part of my job was helping residents find Quality Housing and helping them with their transition. The hardest part of my job was went I had to deescalate an combative resident
Pros
half hour lunch break
Cons
two 15 minute breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Public Health Management Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9