Public Health Management Corporation Employee Reviews

Easy going work place
Client Service Rep. (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 22, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, fun times
Cons: Upper management hard to get in touch with
I enjoyed working at PHMC. Like all jobs, it was tough at times, however, there was never a dull moment working at PHMC, which is why I enjoyed the job so much.
High turnover, low morale
Case Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Ready availability of positions
Cons: High turnover, low morale, unresponsive management, low pay
Not only is PHMC a total dead end but it's gotten worse over time and right now some divisions are basically in a state of chaos. Qualified people who can leave, do. Middle management is packed full of people who seem either oblivious to the turmoil, don't care about it, or don't know what to do about it. When I started there it was a place where people stayed for their entire careers but many of those people have been pushed out in favor of younger, cheaper employees. That strategy probably seemed good for the bottom line, but it created a revolving door scenario where nobody stays for very long. The pay is terrible, working conditions can be terrible and you can't expect any support from management. Don't expect to advance, don't expect pay increases. I guess PHMC is good for what most people are using it for right now, which is a fall back place where you can get a job easily because there are always so many openings, but nobody goes there with an intention to stay. If you want something short term, it may work out for you.
Do not apply.....
FIR CASE MANAGER (Former Employee), FIR CASE MANAGERNovember 18, 2014
Cons: horrible pay with no increases
Worked there for 3 years as a FIR CM. Paid 32 K for a caseload over 100. Managers micro manage and fault at every chance. President of PHMC makes 800 K. This public record. PHMC is about making money to keep the contracts alive.
Good entry level
Forensic Case Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: bad management, high caseload.
GOod entry level job.
Very flexible.
Learned time management.
Ok place to work with lots of unknown
Forensic Clinical Evaluator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 4, 2014
The typical day at work is working with people from all different cultural background. The difficult part of the job is that you do not have control over your schedule because of the unknow working environment of the prison population and staff. You have to be part of a cultural class in order to move up the ladder. It is a dead end place for most people.
Large company with great opportunities to network.
IPP Case Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: beautiful, center city office.
Cons: anxiously busy.
This job is meant for someone who doesn't mind multi-tasking. As a Case Manager you must be comfortable with constant traveling and working on the go. In addition you are required to keep detailed notes reagrding your days work. This company would get one star for training their employees so if you do not know something getting used to asking fellow co-workers or supervisors.
Great work environment.
CANS Specialist (Current Employee), PhiladelphiaAugust 20, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: lack of social interaction with clients.
I am able to assist with proper placement of children by determining their strengths and needs. This position does not require a team; which can be difficult at time since I like to engage and interact with people.
An awesome social service agency
Medical Social Worker, Prison Coordinator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: benefit package and pension plan
Cons: lack of educational opportunities.
It's a team building environment. Upper mangagment has an open door policy.
PHMC is an interesting and very educational place to work
Intern (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 30, 2014
I have been an intern for this company twice, during my junior and senior year at Temple University.
It was a great and beneficial experience for me to work at PHMC in the records room. My supervisor was very helpful and I learned a lot while being there.
My typical day during the junior year included but was not limited to the responsibilities listed below:
-Process the Release of Information
-Retrieve/Return records as requested by staff
-Process and scan Early Intervention Health Appraisal and Prescription
-Perform quality/quantity review on scanned images
-File loose reports using straight numeric filing system
During the senior year I was responsible for 3 projects: Training, Staff Productivity, Updating Department’s Manual.
Productive and fun workplace at Public Health Management Coorporation
Medical Assistant (Temporary job) (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 29, 2014
A typical day at work for me is basically inputting patients information into a electronic database drawling blood when I am needed (not all the time)
Not the right place for me
Program Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: work flexibility. new office building promotes employee interaction and discussion
Cons: salary/compensation
Acquired many useful skills applicable to life and work. I have met many great people here who are passionate about helping others.
Productive fun learning experience
Human Resource Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 7, 2014
I loved working her learned any new things. Met a bunch of beautiful people while helping people at the same time.
productive and fun workplace ping pong tables, board games, card games, etc.
Case Manager (Former Employee), philadelphia, PAMay 18, 2014
Pros: half hour lunch break
Cons: two 15 minute breaks
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong tables board games, card games etc. Planned vacation with residents. Assist residents in developing and maintaining familial and social relationships outside
of program.
- I learned to have patients
- I learned that communication skills is vital in the workplace.
- I learned to think positive
- I learned to be more Benevolent with others
- I learned to be more Reflective
- I learned to make the most of the time I have. Ask colleagues to share time saving tips, etc.
My co-workers were like family. We all were team players and we all respected each other. Moreover the most enjoyable part of my job was helping residents find Quality Housing and helping them with their transition. The hardest part of my job was went I had to deescalate an combative resident
They lie on you then terminate you.
Transporter (Former Employee), Ambler, PaMay 14, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no pay increase
Absolutely no room for growth. Was terminated based on lies that human resource said she was told to write by PHMC. Never had a verbal or written warning. All evaluations were excellent. Had a good report with every one. Very courteous and professional. I gave so much of myself to that place. They couldn't afford my position any more but instead of being truthful, they lied and said I used the vehicle for personal use because I had to use the bathroom which by the way, I never made it because someone hit the vehicle while I was in it and when I got out, another person hit the vehicle and T.V. didn't even bother to see if I was okay. And for dishonesty and failure to perform job. I emailed and called them to explain to me what I was dishonest about and what assignment did I fail to perform, but was told by hr that thats what she was told to say. I've always done my work and have never been dishonest. They had an employee there that tried to run me over. She didn't get fired for that and hr knew about her temper. They aren't looking to replace my position either. So many staff is leaving T.V. And I can't understand how the executive director at T.V. Diana F. doesn't speak to her staff. I went to appeal my position but they said no. They can't lie about the appeal meeting because I recorded it. T.V. is not a good place to work. I would not recommend it.
Great place for sycophants!
Supports Coordinator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 27, 2014
Pros: pros great pay
Cons: cons good worker, no manager over my department.
If you know how to sleep with and suck up to management this place is for you!
If you can bs your way while earning a pretty good salary this place is for you!
You respect yourself, do good work and don't know how to "play the game" run as far as you can and don't look back!
Enjoy interacting with Clients
Care Outreach Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not enough resources at times for the clients.
I love the job that I had, I love to interact with the clients and also helping them receive the care that was needed.
Very professional place but not stressfull. Amazing management!
Clerk (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 22, 2014
Unfortunately it was only a internship and i had to leave before i wanted to.
A typical day
Intensive Care Case Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PaDecember 18, 2013
Pros: great support team and great clients
Cons: difficult program director
A typical work day entailed face to face meetings with clients. CPR Meetings with OSH auditor, Program Director, and PHMC supervision team: case manager and case manager supervisor. The most difficult portion of my time with PHMC was working with the program director of the program I was assigned too. Which lead to me taking a Verbal De-escalation course provided by CWG (Children Work Group). Taking the course was a great experience and I learned that many situations can be resolved as long as both people are honest, direct, and considerate of others.The most enjoyable portion of my job were my phmc co-workers, they were always prepared with great advice, support, and examples of how the case managers before me completed their tasks and also dealt with the program director.
awful
worker bee (Former Employee), philadelphiaOctober 11, 2013
Pros: non
Cons: management
A typical day at work involved being watched by management to make sure I was at my desk, being questioned about every move I made, being micro-managed and having no autonomy whatsover. Management is THE problem at PHMC. The people at the top make huge salaries while the worker bees get paid a pittance and are expected to work non-stop while management looks on. There is no rooom for advancement and no encouragement to flourish as a human being. PHMC advertises itself as a non-profit while raking in millions of dollars yearly, don't let them fool you. They are not concerned with helping clients or being good to their employees. They are in the money making business to keep their top one per cent fat and happy.
RUN as fast as you can
ChildLink (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 2, 2013
Pros: absolutely none
Cons: pay, co-workers, management, did i say pay?
A typical day of work for me includes being pulled from this department to that department because not only do they hire incompetent people, they allow people who have become old, rigid, and complacent to stay far longer than they deserve. I've learned that advancement has nothing to do with who is qualified for the job here, it's solely based on who likes who, who doesn't like who, who will kiss up, and who will accept the horrible pay. The management sucks here. Just because you have the qualifications, does NOT mean you are qualified. They are cluesless about business. Co-workers here are okay people, but everyone is disgruntled. I personally wouldn't trust anyone farther than you can throw them, there is a LOT of gossiping, a LOT of people who mind everyone else's business but their own, just a lot of fakery, they smile in your face and talk about you as you walk away. It's pathetic really. The hardest part of the job is working with incompetent people, being managed by incompetent people, and the lack of hard work. No one wants to do anything. The most enjoyable part of the job is during the summer months when we get out at 3pm. Otherwise there isn't a thing enjoyable about this place. If you expect to get paid what you deserve, do not apply. If you expect to work with people capable of doing their job, do not apply. Just don't apply at all, you can thank me later.