PUBLIC HEALTH

PUBLIC HEALTH Employer Reviews

Great for part-time
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee), Anniston, ALMay 5, 2014
Pros: public service
Cons: clerical staff can be critical and cause interference in work place
Public service, great management, lots of gossip and jealousy between co-workers, all parts of the job were fairly easy. Maintaining professionalism with clients was difficult at times because patients can be too personal. Loved helping those who were truly in need and assist in accomplishing their goal.
depressing
General Nurse (Former Employee), Cuba, MOApril 5, 2014
Pros: expertise
Cons: low salaries
depressing and dissapointed, skills learning, bad managements, lot of friends, shifts in a row without breaks, patient - nurse relation
All staff are very talented
Evaluation Specialist (Current Employee), Cary, NCMarch 29, 2014
Its a great for learning and gaining experience working in multi-disciplinary team.
Great for volunteering
Volunteer (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAMarch 9, 2014
I had a great experience volunteering with these companies.
Nice work environment
Clinic Nurse (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLNovember 3, 2013
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: job security
Unfortunately with the cuts in Medicaid/Medicare and the new health care laws, Registered Nurses are being cut in many Public Health positions.
Gratifying work in helping society's underserved populations.
Project/Program Manager II (Former Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 4, 2013
Pros: great team work toward worthy societal goals.
Cons: upper management collusion. truthful, certifiable proof is not considered. they side with new managers, who's falsified allegations bewilder long-time, exemplary employees.
I absolutely loved my 100% grant-funded job. It allowed me to make a good living while helping the poor and the working poor, (rather than making some rich guy richer :). They got free health screenings and diagnostic work-ups. We could even fast-track them into Medicaid for free cancer treatment.
work with others and be willing to work with communities
Sales representative (Former Employee), Tucson MallAugust 27, 2013
you need to know how to work with people in order to help the community.
Excellent work environment!
Program Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 13, 2013
Pros: 403b
Cons: fixed budget eliminates salary increases
Supportive, hard-working staff on all levels and a true understanding of the mission at hand.
Good
NURSE COORDINATOR, PRENATAL AND WOMEN'S HEALTH (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJuly 1, 2013
It was good until they were taken over by a private company. itfsdkfjasdfjsadkl;fjasdk;lfjkasdl
Never a dull moment!
Computer Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIApril 23, 2013
Everyday presented new and interesting challenges. No two days were ever alike. A wide variety of things to do and fix.
Great job
Public Health Nurse III (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Everything about Public Health Nurse was taught on the job.And a typical day depended upon where you were assigned. I always had interaction with a multicultural public.
The three areas of concentration for me was Daycare, Immunizations and STD (Title X, Womens Health and STD). Daycare was a area were I had alot of independence because I was the Daycare – more... unit. In Immunization clinic the nurse has to know everything about Childhood Immunizations according to the State of Ohio. In SexuallyTransmitted Disease clinic rules were also according to State standards.And we went from STD to Womens Health to Title Ten Clinics.
Loved most of my co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was some of the assignments the DON would assign.(Example, she asked me to design the Daycare Web page.)
The most enjoyable part of the job was teaching others. – less
Great mission and a great team of employees and management
Secretary to the Division Director (Current Employee), Dayton, OHDecember 27, 2012
Pros: benefits, grant ability to balance work and home life
I've advanced to the highest level of secretarial through supporting management's goals and mission. Public Health is a very rewarding job and i've learned many things. Strong bright management.
Michigan Community
General dentist (Current Employee), Manistee, MIDecember 17, 2012
Pros: continuing education
Cons: limited dental services offeres
Great company to work for with fantastic opportunity to advance. & excellent team members. The lastest technology is provided
Public Health Department
Unclassified Clerk (Former Employee), Lincolnton and Crawfordville, GeorgiaNovember 27, 2012
Pros: free lunches during holidays by the county commissioner
Cons: lunch breaks whenever time allowed
A typical day at work was overwhelming most of the time. My immediate supervisor was not properly trained, therefore, I was improperly trained. I served as a WIC Clerk/Voucher Printer/Distributor, Vital Records Clerk, Electronic Medical Billing Preparer, Unclassified Clerk, Immunization Clinic Assistant, Flu Clinic Assistant, Epidemic Clinic Assistant, – more... Mail Courier, Community Health Fair Assistant, and Environmental Assistant. Other duties included but not limited to deposited and reconciled inhouse banking, patient accounting and statements, patient demographics, Board of Health Secretary, scheduled appointments, scheduled luncheons/travel, prepared timesheets and travel sheets for reimbursements, prepared permits and complaints, attended enrichment programs as approved, traveled to central office in Augusta, Georgia with and without mileage reimbursements, traveled to other health departments for classes/meetings with and without reimbursement, took blood pressures in the absence of nursing personnel, and other duties as assigned.
The hardest part was working alone in a new setting with no physical management available to assist, evaluations from a distance and without being in the actual setting, no supervision for six plus months inhouse in the absence of the nurse manager, and no one to properly train from outside with negativity and unappreciativeness.
I enjoyed helping those that appreciated my efforts in towns that were family oriented.
A dedicated employee that traveled round trip eighty miles a day and a team player daily. – less
Research Survey Associate (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 19, 2012
It is the best place to work and study at the same time.
People are frendly.
Positive atmosphere and incredible people to work with.
Information Processing Technician (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAAugust 31, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: very heavy subject matter
Vry heavy work flow, with great people to work with. Sense of humor is helpful as the job relates to a very sensitive subject. Loved my coworkers and management.
A professional work environment with emphasis on community and employee health.
Community Health Advocate (Former Employee), Dayton, OHAugust 20, 2012
Pros: self-directed
Cons: work flows hamper deadlines because of hierarchy. .
Work day was from 8-4:30. Self directed environment accountable for output of duties.
A professional work environment with emphasis on community and employee health.
Community Health Advocate (Former Employee), Dayton, OHAugust 20, 2012
Pros: self-directed
Cons: work flows hamper deadlines because of hierarchy. .
Ok
Clerk/Medical Records (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 27, 2012
Pros: i enjoy working in healthcare.
Cons: temporary position
A typical day at work involved preparing correspondence: bills, statements, receipt, checks, and the documents.Friendly enviroment.
Excellent health teams, where each learns from the other ,our goal reach the highest degree of satisfaction with health services provided
General Practitioner (Current Employee), HavanaAugust 1, 2014
Pros: if you work in another country do not lose your place in the polyclinic.
Cons: medical exam performance if i step out of the country more than 18 months
My typical day is scheduled visits to healthy patients , risk, sick and disable, according to the programs of Integral Attention in the Family during the morning hours.
During weekday evenings (between 1: 00pm to 5: 00pm) to work visiting patients at home according to your schedule of home visits to the same group of patients mentioned above.
It may – more... be that this day also has medical guard at the emergency department of the polyclinic, so have the afternoon off and I start at 5: 00pm in emergencies.
All these activities are done in conjunction with a licensed nurse, with whom I have had wonderful experiences, I thank you all their teachings. Every 15 days check my office specialist (pediatrician, gynecologist - obstetrician, internal medicine or geriatrics) to monitor the compliance of each program indicated by the basic health care team and also to assess patients in their follow-up and pathologies. They give me the medical review conferences and teach me some necessary procedure to the patient.
On the other hand the office is linked to teaching to the training program of doctors and nurses, so I always have several students of different levels to teach about the Family Health Program.
This has been the most exciting of my work because I like to learn every day, update my practices and procedures while I teach it to my students. The most exciting and rewarding is that I can interact with all types of patient, of any age and any pathology.
The hardest thing so far is that workers attend patients appointments set for the annual health check and so to have the record updated. – less