PUBLIC HEALTH Employee Reviews in United States

Could be a great place to work
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2016
A typical work day would be protecting your self hoping nothing happens or your not harmed. What I learned from this job is racism is still in existence and you are alone when it's you. Environment would be a great group to supervise, work with and get alone with but it's hard to work in an atmosphere where there is jealousy, prejudice, vindictiveness and evil. The hardest part of my job was trying to work in that environment, maintain a positive attitude and higher management refuse and ignore what is going on in the office.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist clients in need making sure they received the proper care and best service!
Pros
Services are there for those in need.
Cons
Not receiving great service
Public Health Prevention Specialist III
Preventative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 8, 2016
Typical work day is answering calls dealing with unstable clients and setting them up for ride with medicaid. Medical Transportation for HHSC. Easy job for the amount of money you make .Management is not good here stay away.
Pros
Cons
horrible management
Stressful environment
LPN (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJune 6, 2016
Stressful environment
no accommodations for previous health related issues which have now resolved
when my children were younger it was very hard to balance work and home life due to demanding schedules which were not in contract upon starting
Great experience to educate the public and higher ranking officers.
Clinic Director (Former Employee) –  US ArmyMay 14, 2016
I really enjoy working with the military and the public regarding health and wellness. What I do has a huge impact on missions and the community. It is about keeping individuals healthy and potential dangers and risks of pest, food and water.
Pros
Get to travel to various countries
Cons
None that I can think of
Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Corona, NYMarch 28, 2016
Supervise 7 nurses on day to day basis. Work in collaboration with NYC Dept. of Health and National Service Office,Develop collaboration and partnership with community based organizations, Staffing ,Education and Hiring, Community awareness, support and referrals, and referral system, Quality improvement and evaluation projects, Develop Policy and Procedures, Case conferences and Team meetings.
Pretty Laid Back
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Fridley, MNFebruary 26, 2016
I like helping Clients and also being able to have some free time at the same time while working. Im able to help someone and get paid for it while working feels good to me.
Experienced, Professional and fun workplace
Health Regulation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILFebruary 22, 2016
I enjoyed working at IDPH where I got chance to learn and explore myself in Long Term Care and Quality Assurance Department. I thank the staff and specially my supervisor for trusting me and giving me a chance to handle the projects and work independently. I thank him for his valuable reviews and opinions. Being a successful and experienced person at IDPH has not been possible without LTCQAD staff and my supervisor.
Pros
co-workers support and friendly nature
Top notch especially for new graduates
Program Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2016
Best for those with a passion for helping low income families in the field of maternal and infant health, nutrition, and reproductive health
Learning opportunities and training provided
Public Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Pope AFB, NCDecember 20, 2015
I absolutely enjoyed being in the United States Air Force. I served honorably for 20 years and I am extremely proud to have served my country.
Benefits
Cons
Time away from family
Government postion
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Government postionSeptember 7, 2015
This is a government position. Typical government entity work and benefits are typical . Typical challenges and constraint. opportunities available to learn from outside sources and entities,
Pros
nonr
Cons
typical government enttity
Taught me how to mix with the co-workers and to reach the goals entrusted on me
District Medical Officer (Former Employee) –  SAVANNA-LA-MAR, JAMAICA,WIJuly 21, 2015
Had to manage the health centers in my district.
Responsibility of patient care and community health
In my district.
Good staff so, I enjoyed working during this period.
Pros
LEARNED SO MANY THINGS. DEVELOPED CONFIDENCE TO START MY OWN PRACTICE.
Cons
NONE
great experience
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCJune 17, 2015
I had a nice time at my internship. This gave me a lot of opportunity to expand my knowledge in healthcare. I had a lot of interesting experiences and was able to teach a few courses as well.
Customer Service
Processing Assist IV - Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 16, 2015
Productive and busy day. Constant contact with the public. No security in work place. No opportunity for advancement. Busy work day and unable to take breaks.
Pros
state holidays off
Cons
no overtime
hard work, bit messy, but a strong working team.
public health and social services (Former Employee) –  speyside, tobagoFebruary 6, 2015
the hardest part of my job is getting down into a drain, to get it clean, but when I get the hang of it, there's no stopping me.
Fun workplace
Health Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moreno ValleyJanuary 22, 2015
It was a fun environment but it was not protected securely. The workload was heavy sometimes and I learned more management skills. All the co-workers loved me. I enjoyed our staff days when we dressed up as a unit in costumes: super hero day, flower day, sports day and so on.
Pros
heavy workload
Cons
short lunch
productive and fun work place i a school setting
Registered Nurse-Medical Surgical Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 6, 2014
Exciting position in working with a variety of school age children, teachers & staff, and parents. Ongoing teaching for preventive healthcare maintenance.
Pros
working in a diverse community
Department of Public Health
Administration Supportive Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 10, 2014
I start my day off by balancing the log sheet, then write date on the log sheet. Secondly, I key mailed and sum up total.
Great for part-time
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALMay 5, 2014
Public service, great management, lots of gossip and jealousy between co-workers, all parts of the job were fairly easy. Maintaining professionalism with clients was difficult at times because patients can be too personal. Loved helping those who were truly in need and assist in accomplishing their goal.
Pros
public service
Cons
clerical staff can be critical and cause interference in work place
depressing
General Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cuba, MOApril 5, 2014
depressing and dissapointed, skills learning, bad managements, lot of friends, shifts in a row without breaks, patient - nurse relation
Pros
expertise
Cons
low salaries
All staff are very talented
Evaluation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCMarch 29, 2014
Its a great for learning and gaining experience working in multi-disciplinary team.