PUBLIC HEALTH Employee Reviews

Loved working with the public, planning and paperwork was a must and i really enjoyed knowing that i was helping others.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Leon, IAMay 22, 2017
Helping individuals, planning, and paperwork. Team work with my co-workers with helping eachother with paperwork. A since of fullfillment when I was able to help our patients in any way possible. Always punctual, and put others needs before my own.
Pros
The friendly environment
Cons
No lunch breaks
Public Health
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Swiftwater, PAMay 2, 2017
Public Health is great field to study in. It includes so many different fields and concentrations for many ways people to find their passion in helping the community.
Busy
Dental provider (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 30, 2017
Busy place provide care to community, worked for 12 years with a variety of staff, challenging work environment, always busy. Good grop, learned toworkwith variety of people.
Good money
Public Health and Prevent Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 23, 2017
You help others who need to get to get to their medical appointments. A Monday thru Friday 8am - 5 pm job. It's regular full time job, the hours are steady.
Pros
regular hours
Cons
management
Productive Day at work
Cancer Care Access Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 31, 2016
I like to begin by day by assessing the needs of my client and how I will be able to be productive by providing and promoting services that will be needed. The services will include mental health or substance use counseling to individual and groups within the center which may include providing other duties that will be essential for the team.
Pros
Flexiability working with clients
Cons
Not enough time in a day for some clients
Loved working with the Public Health team and loved working in Public Health
Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CADecember 14, 2016
Being employed at the Tuolumne County Public Health Department was always rewarding and great place to work. I always enjoyed my co-workers and found great pleasure working for the betterment of my community,
Great work environment
Writing and Copy Editing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 20, 2016
This was a good experience and I learned a great deal and it provided a good work/private life balance for me. I have taken the skillls I have learned and would like a change.
Worked in a jail
Administrative Supervisor, Point of Contact, (POC) (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 31, 2016
The job had its moments. I was always busy at work which I liked. I Liked the people I worked with. It took ten years to get a promotion from that company. That is a very long time. I was dedicated.
Pros
close to home
Staff gets along very well, pull together to get the job done
Assisting clients (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 8, 2016
Typical day at work involves seeing clients, completing paperwork, Medicaid screenings, assisting clients with food stamp recertification, setting up dental/vision appointments for clients, entering information into state database that involves demographic information, services provided, updating income/insurance info, and entering medical information
Cons
large caseload, sometimes feel that hinders providing best service to clients.
research assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MAJune 23, 2016
it was a great working environment. Everyone worked collaboratively. I learned a lot while working there. New people were always being added to the group.
Could be a great place to work
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2016
A typical work day would be protecting your self hoping nothing happens or your not harmed. What I learned from this job is racism is still in existence and you are alone when it's you. Environment would be a great group to supervise, work with and get alone with but it's hard to work in an atmosphere where there is jealousy, prejudice, vindictiveness and evil. The hardest part of my job was trying to work in that environment, maintain a positive attitude and higher management refuse and ignore what is going on in the office.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist clients in need making sure they received the proper care and best service!
Pros
Services are there for those in need.
Cons
Not receiving great service
Public Health Prevention Specialist III
Preventative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 8, 2016
Typical work day is answering calls dealing with unstable clients and setting them up for ride with medicaid. Medical Transportation for HHSC. Easy job for the amount of money you make .Management is not good here stay away.
Pros
Cons
horrible management
Stressful environment
LPN (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJune 6, 2016
Stressful environment
no accommodations for previous health related issues which have now resolved
when my children were younger it was very hard to balance work and home life due to demanding schedules which were not in contract upon starting
Great experience to educate the public and higher ranking officers.
Clinic Director (Former Employee) –  US ArmyMay 14, 2016
I really enjoy working with the military and the public regarding health and wellness. What I do has a huge impact on missions and the community. It is about keeping individuals healthy and potential dangers and risks of pest, food and water.
Pros
Get to travel to various countries
Cons
None that I can think of
Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Corona, NYMarch 28, 2016
Supervise 7 nurses on day to day basis. Work in collaboration with NYC Dept. of Health and National Service Office,Develop collaboration and partnership with community based organizations, Staffing ,Education and Hiring, Community awareness, support and referrals, and referral system, Quality improvement and evaluation projects, Develop Policy and Procedures, Case conferences and Team meetings.
Pretty Laid Back
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Fridley, MNFebruary 26, 2016
I like helping Clients and also being able to have some free time at the same time while working. Im able to help someone and get paid for it while working feels good to me.
Experienced, Professional and fun workplace
Health Regulation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILFebruary 22, 2016
I enjoyed working at IDPH where I got chance to learn and explore myself in Long Term Care and Quality Assurance Department. I thank the staff and specially my supervisor for trusting me and giving me a chance to handle the projects and work independently. I thank him for his valuable reviews and opinions. Being a successful and experienced person at IDPH has not been possible without LTCQAD staff and my supervisor.
Pros
co-workers support and friendly nature
Top notch especially for new graduates
Program Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2016
Best for those with a passion for helping low income families in the field of maternal and infant health, nutrition, and reproductive health
Learning opportunities and training provided
Public Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Pope AFB, NCDecember 20, 2015
I absolutely enjoyed being in the United States Air Force. I served honorably for 20 years and I am extremely proud to have served my country.
Benefits
Cons
Time away from family
Government postion
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Government postionSeptember 7, 2015
This is a government position. Typical government entity work and benefits are typical . Typical challenges and constraint. opportunities available to learn from outside sources and entities,
Pros
nonr
Cons
typical government enttity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PUBLIC HEALTH. Our community is ready to answer.