Public Interest Communications Employee Reviews in United States

fun filled environment, fun people and busy work.
SALES REPRESENTITIVE (Former Employee) –  salt lake city, UTJune 30, 2015
Challenging sales, gave me the opportunity to learn and expand in a sales environment.

Enjoyed the people I worked with, and the clients we assisted.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Challenging sales
Fulfilling work with wonderful people!
Director of Training and Development (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 28, 2015
I love having a job that makes a difference! Making fundraising calls for various nonprofit organizations is hard work, but when you are doing well it is fun and exciting. There are opportunities for bonuses every day, as well as for promotion and advancement, either as a caller with more responsibilities or to management roles. Coworkers become your family - everyone wants you to do well, because it helps the company and the causes we support.
Pros
coworkers, free coffee and tea, relaxed environment, flexible schedules
Cons
low pay for beginners and poor benefits (healthcare, retirement, etc)
An ok place to work on an entry level basis
Tele-fundraiser/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 10, 2015
Public Interest Communications is a telefundraising center that deals with numerous non profit organizations. Employees handle customer calls (inbound and outbound) for donations, campaign questions and general customer service. It's not a very difficult job and can be rewarding in that the company is raising money for a lot of good causes. The people working there come from all walks of life and can be a lot of fun to work with. Management is pretty down to earth and ready to help when needed.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
No room for advancement
It's an alright part-time gig
Telemarketing Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 8, 2015
Working at Public Interest Communications was my first and only telemarketing job and it was probably on the better end of most of those jobs available. The management was really laid back and the work is pretty easy. Mostly we did fundraising for non-profits.
Caller (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 2, 2015
It was great I learned a lot of great things from various programs and campaigns. Wonderful staff high turn over rate. free coffee flexible schedule
Public Inerest Communication
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 5, 2015
The day starts with assigning all of the callers to their appointed accounts, pulling all of the monitoring form notes and xeroxing cover sheets. Once callers are assigned, I had to do a floor map to know where they were seated. I monitored each caller and coached depending on their strengths and weaknesses to insure high quality results. I walked the floor to insure that there were no challenges that were off-the-phone related. I monitored call results constantly during the shift to trouble shoot for any difficulties and to turn things around. The shift ended in accounting all of the callers results on paper and then via computer programs and sending those results to upper management along with a verbal report of observances.
Management was always there for us and our co-workers provided strong team support.
The hardest part of the job was the constant pressure and the most enjoyable job was teaching a new caller the skills needed and watching him or her succeed.
Pros
the day just flew by.
Cons
there was not much opportunity to take more than a 15 min break in every shift.
Great way to help organizations that have a commitment to building a better world.
Fundraiser (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 9, 2014
Good people, flexible schedule, no a lot of pressure.

"Tell us about:

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job"
Fun friendly environment!
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 28, 2014
It's a great place to work.
Fun, relaxed staff; part time job; after 6 months of employment you receive benefits, 5 hour shifts, one paid 15 minute break.
Two shifts available 8-1pm or 3-8 pm
commission available
Good job for college students
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 10, 2013
Loved the steadiness of the hours. Good fast pace and friendly environment.
Great Place to Work
Accounting and Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAApril 19, 2013
I started as an AP clerk, advanced to P/R for 425 employees. Then I was given the title of Accountig Manager, becasue I performed so well.

I enjoyed the people

I trained the Human Resources girl in her position.

I enjoyed all aspects and responsbilites of my positions.
Pros
great benefits
outbound calling.
Outbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 13, 2013
Management and callers are not on the same page, nor are the multiple supervisors.
Pros
5 hour shift, 15 minute break
Cons
outbound sales, management.
Flexible, Fun and Productive!
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 10, 2012
-Collect donations for non-profits and political organizations by calling existing members, previous donors, and petition signers
-Very conducive work environment with plenty of training and great compensation.
-Management is friendly and helpful and always appreciates employee productivity
-I gained most of my inside sales skills from this job.
-People are often so nice and friendly it can be hard to focus on your job, some distractions.
-Consistently offer additional bonuses, always have competitive weekly games and pools!
Pros
friendly work environment, great compensation for easy work
Cons
stuck in cubicle repeatedly calling, can be monotonous and repetitive.
Great if you need money
Tele-Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 2, 2012
Be prepared to get yelled at, hung up on and preached to, oh, and good luck, you're gonna need it.

Public Interest Communications Reviews by Location