Public Safety

Public Safety Employer Reviews

Respect
Police Officer (Former Employee), AlabamaAugust 6, 2014
Emergency personnel have a special place in my heart after being one for so many years. They truly are that miracle when you need one.
Productive and Opportuinities fro growth
Security Officer (Former Employee), Newark, OhioJuly 20, 2014
Pros: holiday pay, weekends off
I was able to utilize my talents, build my confidence in the work I preformed.
Productive and Challenging Workplace
Parking Officer (Former Employee), Missoula, MTJuly 17, 2014
Pros: quiet time, lots of physical activity
Cons: cold in winter, confrontational and angry people
Spent your days walking around campus to ticket parking violators and ensure proper protocol was adherred to. I learned how to diffuse stressful and confrontational situations and resolve conflicts fairly quickly and easily.

You're mostly solo on this job, as you have to do a lot of footwork and be aware of your surroundings. They're really helpful – more... though because you both kind of cover one another's tracks by over-lapping previously perused areas to ensure nothing has gone unnoticed. Team work without having to be in a physical team. – less
Good work environment
Assistant Director (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIJuly 12, 2014
good work environment, promotion opportunities available.
Tiring but sometimes rewarding job
officer (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 23, 2014
Pros: lunch breaks
Cons: long hours, healthcare, night shifts
This is a basic, patrol sometimes sitting job. Some of the people you work with are want to be cops. They take them selves too serious. At the end of the day just do what you have to and try to find something better. This is not a career job.
YMCA
Safety Ambassador (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 29, 2014
Able to work in a relaxed environment. Management is always supportive and willing to help.
Great Place, Great People
Security Officer (Current Employee), Princeton, NJMay 14, 2014
great place lots of overtime, you make your own paycheck. Overtime is endless, and benefits are great.
Fun workplace
Security (Former Employee), Mesa , AZMay 13, 2014
My typical day start opening the classroom for teacher and patrolling campus.
Overall it is a pretty nice place to work.
Captain/Shift Commander/ Training Coordinator (Current Employee), CSH , P.O.Box, 4030, Petersburg, Va. 23803April 8, 2014
Pros: good working environment, good salary, & opportunity for advancement.
Cons: bad working environment, low employee moral, low salary with a lot of work.
Typical day at work mostly consist of supervising employees, reviewing daily reports, data entry, & making executive decisions.
What is being learned is - the importance of following policies & procedures & being straight forward with some compassion to other people concerns.
Management side of the scale - being firm & fair/ promoting a enjoyable working – more... environment.
Co -Workers, everyone working towards the same goals & being able to share and accept new ideals.
Hardest part of the job - disciplinary action given to an employee when policy states but there are so many variables.
Most enjoyable part of the job is when everyone is feeling pretty good about coming to work & being productive. – less
vinyl siding
Cross Guard (Former Employee), Greenville, SCApril 1, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with other workers that are honest and very reliable also.
Very professional and enjoyable place to work.
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 10, 2014
Pros: campus atmosphere was overall positive
Cons: pay was on the low scale.
Working at Kingsborough provided me the opportunity to experience a new field...I received adequate and professional training through the Campus police Department as part of their requirements.
Productive workplace with great support
Accounting Auditor (Former Employee), Jackson, MSFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: great management with a productive but relaxed workplace.
Cons: only can receive benefits when hired on as a government worker.
Typically I made A/R and A/P entries on a daily basis.

Management takes a genuine interest in developing one's skills and promoting one's well being.
It was a good company with good benefits and a place to grow
University of Md (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 4, 2014
had to walk the campus or sit at the lobby to make sure everyone had proper id. I learned how to have patiences and I never had a problem with my co workers.The hardest part of the job was dealing with disrespectful people,the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different ppl.
Public Safety is Police, Fire and EMS Services
Officer, Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 31, 2014
Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety is a fully integrated Deparment that provides exceptional police, fire and EMS services to a city with a population of over 142,000 residents.
Creative, but volatile workplace
Project Manager (Current Employee), McKinney, TXJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: per diem travel expenses
Cons: project schedules vary without warning
A small company focused on quality and speed of work. The day to day requires extensive and somewhat sudden travel schedules. Ability to think on the fly is valued.
It is a great working place place
OFFICER GRADY HOSPITAL (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 23, 2013
Is a good experience for me to work there. The only main problem with department is the new management. The job is no longer about your job ability.Is divide and rule. You have to be in their clicks to stay working there and that is not my style.
Good student job
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 7, 2013
This was a great job while I was in school. Extremely flexible and great work environment.
Learning Environment
Police Dispatcher (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXAugust 15, 2013
All jobs have ups and downs. I am thankful for the opportunities allotted to me during my employment.
WS
Security Guard (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 17, 2013
It was good. It was a good work study job for a great student. Had to be on patrol for any thing usual. Management was good. I love my co workers.
fun place to work
Representative (Former Employee), South Hadley, MAJuly 8, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: public safety should take extra precautionary actions in order to protect students.
The shifts provided employees with flexible hours. I got along well with my fellow employees. Please note, my job ended there in May of 2005, NOT July 8, 2013. I only worked there from May 2005 until May 2005, because I was a reunion worker. My contractual agreement only allowed me to work for one month.

1 2 3

About Public Safety

Positron Public Safety Systems is the leader in fully integrated, end-to-end public safety solutions for call handling and dispatching. – Read more