Public Service Credit Union Employee Reviews

Selling dreams
Employee (Former Employee) –  AuroraJune 20, 2017
During on boarding, they sell the company as being amazing with a work environment similar to 'Google' of credit unions. They do have very positive changes coming; however, they don't have smooth roll outs. They need to allow enough time to get kinks out, and to allow a smoother transitions for employees and members.
Solid company, great community contribution, pride in work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 20, 2017
Public Service Credit Union was one of the best employers in my career. It was my longest employer. The team were great people and talented. They have grown so much in the last ten years and really have cultivated a great executive team. They matured into a desirable place to work that does great good for the community.
Pros
Size, challenging work, mission, leadership, respect
Cons
The Most hardworking people go unnoticed
Teller/Member Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIJune 20, 2017
My time working there, I loved it, good team chemistry with staff, great training, and it felt more like a family there, but I found work elsewhere due to staffing differences, and it was completely respected and was the most heartbreaking leave because of how close we became. The members are wonderful, some worse than others, but the sweethearts definitely make it all worth while. It did feel like the more hardworking people, such as the tellers, who are the FACE of the Credit Union don't get as much credit as they rightfully deserve. All in all, I STILL appreciate, and am grateful for all that I learned while working there. I love Public Service no matter what, it's still my family.
Pros
People interaction, Community Service Events, Lobby Days, Staff
Cons
short breaks, rich in benefits BUT poor in pay, Some management is a bit corrupt
Customer Service for CU members
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 6, 2017
Open savings accounts, checking accounts, business accounts
Open CDs, IRAs, Life Insurance
Car loans, home loans, business loans
Enjoyed working with clients/members
Problem solved issues on all accounts
Long days sitting in one spot
Seeing members happy that they got a loan for a home, car or opened a business account for a new business, starting a retirement account was gratifying
Pros
Helping people achieve dreams
Cons
sitting in one spot
Amazing Company
Member Service Representative/Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIMay 17, 2017
if you get chance to work for PSCU, you should take it. Great company, pay is extremely competitive with raises and bonuses for hard work. Management is always willing to help make you a better employee. Give you the freedom to be yourself.
Pros
Great pay, great managers, great people
Cons
More relaxed dressed code would be nice.
Excellent Credit Union
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 12, 2017
Excellent Credit Union and work environment. Constant change with little direction from leadership. Great CEO, but supporting cast needs experience in the Banking retail environments. Branch Management is excellent and truly is the glue holding PSCU together.
Pros
Team environment driven to be their best. Branch Management excellent!
Cons
Leaders in organization need to recognize employees.
Public Service Credit Union
Teller (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 11, 2017
I typically worked 4-5 hours a day. I would arrive at opening and help open the center. I'd work through the lunch period so that the other employees could have a lunch break. It is a very small center so there were only three full-time employees and myself on staff. I would count the vault and balance my drawer and my day was done at that point.
Pros
work environment
Cons
benefits were expensive
Na
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COMay 2, 2017
It is a very demanding stressful job. You usually work anywhere between 8-10.5 hours a day on the phone being yelled at by members due to the way the company is ran.
Fun place to work!
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COApril 29, 2017
Loved working here! The management was amazing, they are very understanding with your personal life and are willing to help you with anything you need. They provide loans at no interest rate for up to $300 and they will take small payments out of your pay check.
Pros
Always providing lunch, very understanding of personal life, ping pong table in break room, etc.
Excellent Work Enviroment
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COApril 19, 2017
Overall excellent work place and great co-workers. Enjoyed helping members with their questions and assisting in ensuring their experience was above average.
Super Fun and engaging
Financial Service Rep/Member Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 2, 2017
This was a great place to work, they really care about you as a person. They truly want to help you launch your career. They have great training programs and mentors.
Pros
Conivent location fun people
Cons
facilitys not updated
Pays well, work life balance is not existent, management can be a joke
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 4, 2017
This company pays wells and the CEO has a great game plan for the company. If you don't mind literally living at work and having to fight for time off, then it's a pretty decent place to work. For someone who thinks it's important, the work life balance is a serious, serious joke. Senior management is good, but the branch level could use some SERIOUS work. Health insurance is pretty good, and you get a pretty good holiday bonus every year.
Pros
Health Insurance, Holiday Bonus, Decent Pay
Cons
Long Hours, Little Time Off, Managment Style
Great location, friendly members
Member Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 9, 2016
I very much enjoy the location of my workplace. It is very rewarding to work in downtown Detroit. Some members are very friendly.
Terribly managed company
Teller (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 27, 2016
This is a terribly run company. The upper management loves firing employees for no good reason. Probably because they clearly have favorites. The company says they want to help their employees, but that's a blatant lie. The upper management couldn't care less about the people below them.
Don't you dare try to argue with a member or say they're wrong because you'll be instantly fired, no matter the circumstances.
Don't you dare try to voice your opinion because you'll be instantly fired for disagreeing with them and not being completely loyal to the company and no one but the company.
Don't even bother working hard to move up because it just won't happen. You only move up if you suck up to horrible upper management and are completely fake all the time.
It's a very hostile environment to work in.
not the best management style.
fsc (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 18, 2016
I love what I do, but the management is horrible. It seems like the female managers have a chip on their shoulder. The Regional manager walks into the branch and doesn't even greet the employees. One feels vicitimized. I was written up for something really silly and was told its in the employee handbook. I checked and there was nothing. There's a lot of favoritism which obviously causes a hostile environment among co-workers. You get treated like you're in high school. There's never been a problem with my production, I've always exceeded my goals. .
Some days are extremely long. when I open at 820am, i'm expected to work until close and on a day when we have to make calls from 615 to 715 , that is almost an 11 hour day shift. Management is allowed to change your schedule on very short notice, but when you haves an emergency, you are not allowed to ask because you know your request is going to be denied. As soon as i have time to look for another job, I'm out.
Pros
convenient location
Cons
treated like kids.
Working for PSCU was very intersting.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 19, 2016
Co-workers were very professional and helpful.
The members were the highlight of my day.
The hardest part of the job was management not listening to what the front line had to say.
Cons
Did not have any silverware or dishes in the lunch room, had to go across the hall to use the restroom.
Sales/ customer service
FINANCE SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 10, 2015
Financial advisor mini sales compared to wells fargo and bellco credit union going bank. Incentive plan is really low. Sales arent hard
fun environment, good pay, good location
Member Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 25, 2015
Fun work place, great coworkers. Poor management. Very many sales goals as tellers that are expected to be met, Selling credit cards, CDs, money markets and such. Very much able to reach. Not very much room to grow in the company as they like to hire from outside the company. Higher management is very understanding of life events. Pretty fast paced environment. Work one on one with members daily. Processing deposits, withdraws, printing checks, processing fraud disputes, printing out new debit cards.
Pros
semi flexible work hours, paid holidays off
Cons
poor management
Great work environment
Comm Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 1, 2015
Great work environment, great staff and management. The best part was working along side my co-workers and the support we gave eachother. There was variety of tasks from helping members, training, and learning new products and services.
Good company..great benefits..better people
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 6, 2015
PSCU had strong top management. during my tenure..people oriented....proactive and not reactive...firm yet fair and always available

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Public Service Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9