Public Service Credit Union

Public Service Credit Union Employee Reviews in United States

Terribly managed company
Teller (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 27, 2016
This is a terribly run company. The upper management loves firing employees for no good reason. Probably because they clearly have favorites. The company says they want to help their employees, but that's a blatant lie. The upper management couldn't care less about the people below them.
Don't you dare try to argue with a member or say they're wrong because you'll be instantly fired, no matter the circumstances.
Don't you dare try to voice your opinion because you'll be instantly fired for disagreeing with them and not being completely loyal to the company and no one but the company.
Don't even bother working hard to move up because it just won't happen. You only move up if you suck up to horrible upper management and are completely fake all the time.
It's a very hostile environment to work in.
not the best management style.
fsc (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 18, 2016
I love what I do, but the management is horrible. It seems like the female managers have a chip on their shoulder. The Regional manager walks into the branch and doesn't even greet the employees. One feels vicitimized. I was written up for something really silly and was told its in the employee handbook. I checked and there was nothing. There's a lot of favoritism which obviously causes a hostile environment among co-workers. You get treated like you're in high school. There's never been a problem with my production, I've always exceeded my goals. .
Some days are extremely long. when I open at 820am, i'm expected to work until close and on a day when we have to make calls from 615 to 715 , that is almost an 11 hour day shift. Management is allowed to change your schedule on very short notice, but when you haves an emergency, you are not allowed to ask because you know your request is going to be denied. As soon as i have time to look for another job, I'm out.
Pros
convenient location
Cons
treated like kids.
fun environment, good pay, good location
Member Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 25, 2015
Fun work place, great coworkers. Poor management. Very many sales goals as tellers that are expected to be met, Selling credit cards, CDs, money markets and such. Very much able to reach. Not very much room to grow in the company as they like to hire from outside the company. Higher management is very understanding of life events. Pretty fast paced environment. Work one on one with members daily. Processing deposits, withdraws, printing checks, processing fraud disputes, printing out new debit cards.
Pros
semi flexible work hours, paid holidays off
Cons
poor management
Sales/ customer service
FINANCE SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 10, 2015
Financial advisor mini sales compared to wells fargo and bellco credit union going bank. Incentive plan is really low. Sales arent hard
Great work environment
Comm Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 1, 2015
Great work environment, great staff and management. The best part was working along side my co-workers and the support we gave eachother. There was variety of tasks from helping members, training, and learning new products and services.
Work every saturday and sunday
Member Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Allen Park, MIMay 20, 2015
Training session constantly. Unable to keep new employees after their completion of training. Bad moral and Supervisors not friendly and not knowledgeable. No designated seating.
Pros
Free Daily Fruits for wellness
Cons
if 1min late from 15min break or 30min lunch its docked from your PAY
Good company..great benefits..better people
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 6, 2015
PSCU had strong top management. during my tenure..people oriented....proactive and not reactive...firm yet fair and always available
I like it
Member Service Professional/ Teller (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 25, 2015
I improved math skills and customer skills. Management is helpful. i love my job. my coworkers are awesome. A typical day at work involves a lot of cash handling and faxing, copying, and archiving documents.
good employer
Financial Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 9, 2015
Enjoyed working for PSCU, employees are friendly and management has direction. There is a good retirement benefit and PTO programs.
Do not work here!!!!
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  BranchJanuary 12, 2013
Management does not reward you based on performance and hard work. All promotions are based on your personality and if you will not challenge management decisions that are not in the best interest of the company. Sr Management is in no way in touch with the operational aspects of the company and creates obstacles for employees to accomplish their goals as opposed to finding ways to promote efficiency.
Pros
very generous 401k company match
Cons
you have to be in the "in group" to get promoted. you are either in or you are out.
Good company, good enviorment
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 24, 2013
A typical day at work..we would get there 30 Min before opening of branch. log into computer, Open Vault and get cash drawers out. Make sure everything was clean and ready for branch to open. Once Branch opened we would help members with customer service issues, Cash or check deposits, Issue money orders and cashiers checks, Take payments for cars..credit cards etc.. The Branch closed at 6pm after closing we would balance the branch and make sure all paperwork was ready to be sent to main office.
Pros
they treated employees really well
Cons
saturday hours
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Teller/PSP (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIJanuary 5, 2015
I worked with some of the best people I could have ever expected to meet. Very helpful and kind. The CEO has always tried to make it fun and has made many opportunities for the employees to succeed.
Pros
employee outings/great people
Cons
the pay did not meet with the job responsibilities
Too big for their britches.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 17, 2014
During my time at PSCU I did work with some great people. The branch supervisor was wonderful and so were most of my co-workers. However, while I was there the company began to grow and seemed to forget about those who got it there. They began to hire branch managers from outside the company who needed to learn about company policy and procedure instead of promoting from within.
Cons
difficult to move up in the company.
horrible
Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 14, 2015
horrible pay, they think they're better and bigger than big banks and they make you work on weekends. dress code for back office is too strict
almost there
PERSONAL BANKER (Former Employee) –  Windsor, COMarch 23, 2015
Good culture but poor execution, almost there just needs some better communication between departments. A lot of turnover for some reason
benefits
Cons
not flexible
High goals making it difficult to achive incentive.
Financial Consultant Representative II (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 2, 2014
• Explain, promote and sell all products including mortgages and services to current and prospective members.
• Open and close all types of transaction and deposit accounts.
• Facilitate the lending process with members, to include documentation, interviewing and closing.
• Resolve member’s issues in a timely, consistent and professional manner.
• Actively promote and contribute to the achievement of branch and organizational goals.
• Develop a well-rounded knowledge of all Credit Union departments and a solid ability to know how and when to refer members to internal business partners.
• Work on teller line as needed, handle large amounts of cash and balance cash drawer.
• Travel without any advance notice.

Hardest part of the day was working in the different branches, because each manager had a different work ethic.
Pros
extensive job knowledge to begin position.
Cons
different branches had diferent managers with different managing skills.
working to ensure that the costumers are completely satisfied
Help Desk, and Analyst Representatives (Former Employee) –  Clearwater FlNovember 7, 2014
Whether it is from me and/or the company that I represent, customer satisfaction is a must.
Bank or Credit union
Teller (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 10, 2014
Cash handling Sales, Cross selling, cashing checks, running deposits, customer service, computer input, filling, faxing, phones
Pros
great customers.
Cons
high health care cost.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 19, 2013
Management is very absent and does not allow for empowerment. The opportunities for growth are not there and co-workers seems bored and not enjoying their jobs.
Good working environment
Lending Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 1, 2014
Good communication between upper level and lower levels. Great group of people that sincerely care about what they do

2.8