Public Storage

Public Storage Employee Reviews

Independence
Property Manager (Former Employee), Norcross, GAAugust 31, 2015
Pros: start and end time
Cons: poor pay, rude Managers
management was very rude. The pay was very poor . there's absolutely no room for growth, the District Manager, 'was very unprofessional when communicating with their Managers, and the customers. When following the company's policies, the District Managers wanted their Employees to go again ts them.
Steady job with no future
Relief/Property Manager (Current Employee), Lombard, ILAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Variety of tasks
Cons: Lack of support from superiors; compensation is numbers based, not by work ethic.
Poor management, high turnover, very stressful, a lot of responsibility with no regard for compensation for work ethic and poor benefit coverage for field employees.

Constantly covering for other co-workers when there is a call in and also when daily items are not completed by property managers.

Customer contact is enjoyable but can be challenging when doing required delinquent calls.
great opportunity, management responsibilities,
Property Manager (Current Employee), hayward caAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Work alone in the office
Cons: Heavy lifting
I love my job and the different challenges but its not enough to help me grow and make the most of myself. I want to go back to school and the hours conflict with me getting into school.I get along with pretty much everybody. I love my team, the customers are great even when they're upset. There is no hard part to this job. You just need patience for almost every job and patience I have a lot of.
good co- workers
Manager (Former Employee), Woodbury, MNAugust 25, 2015
if you like working out doors this is the job for you. there is a little cleaning and you get a chance to meet interesting people.
Labor intensive
Relief Manager (Former Employee), Ft. Lauderdale, FLAugust 20, 2015
This job was too labor intensive and would not provide full-time status. It was not in the medical field. Management was not professional.
Good
Property Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 19, 2015
Good company to work for. This is a customer based company and very fun to work for. The managers are very helpful to help you succeed in your career.
Storage facility
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 16, 2015
Pros: stable job
Cons: not a good job
Renting out storage units and selling packing merchandise. Not really something that i enjoyed so much, i decided to get a new career moving to brasil and took up teaching.
Okay Company
Relief Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 13, 2015
This Company Is A Very Depressing Company To Work For They Have You Do A lot Of Things Through Out The Day That Multiple People Should Do And Their Pay Rate Is Not At All Competitive They Do Have Set Hours And All Their Positions Are Full Time But This Is Not A Company I Recommend
everything was routined and it was suffficient
public storage (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 13, 2015
I really didn't learn anything , co workers were nice , nothing was hard , the best part was getting a paycheck , management did a good job at providing tasks and making sure I understood .
Not a good place for advancement/growth
Property Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 8, 2015
Management is almost abysmal besides the required "scripts" that all employees must learn. Advancement is nonexistent, do not expect pay raises or even COMMISSION for the merchandise sales/quotas they expect from you. You must be able to work alone and you must be able to multi-task and do all the required harassment calls PS wants you to do. Co-workers are hardly there with you, you work alone unless you're at a big property. The most enjoyable part of the job is the schedule stability, you work at 9:30 and come home at 6.
Not so great
SR. Accountant/Personal Prop Tax Analyst (Former Employee), Glendale, CAAugust 6, 2015
management has their "favorite" staff and if you're not part of the "in crowd" you won't make it.
"teachers pet" is the scenario - if you've hit it off with the management than you're great otherwise, good luck. Like I said, it's a game of "kiss"
Interesting and Challenging
Assistant Property/Site Manager (Former Employee), Rockville, MDJuly 28, 2015
The company provided excellent job security which was good thing and the pay was decent.Low employee turnover, excellent employee tenure, culture encourages career growth, promotions and a fun place to work. Employees feel appreciated and valued.
Fun co-workers and exciting customers
Relief Manager (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Competative contest
Cons: No weekends off.
A typical day at work is conducting checks, renting units to customers and making sure that the customer is happy. I usually learn a better way to sell items and how to work as a team. I love most of the management especially my boss. The hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with friends.
Fun place to work for
Property Manager (Current Employee), North Hollywood, CAJuly 26, 2015
Working with customers on a day to day basis.
Your in charge of property and taking care of customers needs.
My co/ workers are the best.
To me the most enjoyable part of the job is getting the customer's what they need.
The hardest part of the job is just keeping up the property everyday.
Never a Dull Moment
Stock the sales (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 22, 2015
You become a ping pong ball in the company. You do tons of work but the most you can be is a trainer. There wasn't a lot of room to grow and the management team was just money hungry.
Don't do it!!
Contract Administrator/Real Estate Department (Former Employee), Glendale, CAJuly 22, 2015
The most unprofessional environment in which I've EVER worked. Management is so far removed from the culture of employees within respective groups. The entire corporation is technologically illiterate.

One employee "runs" the department and has completely snowed management, external and internal customers alike. I was hired, trained and acquired processes quickly and well. So well that not only was I directed to "slow down", that a multitude of gross errors by the other "one employee" in the department were brought to light, which created a lot of clean-up, excuses, and blatant lies from this other "one employee." I received praise from external and internal customers for expediency, attention to detail, and respecting the call for urgency of turnover. Management also praised my performance.

When I made the request to management that others in the department speak English when in the department, (especially knowing much of the conversation surrounded derogatory comments about management and fellow coworkers) I was removed from my position the following day.
Productive and efficient
Property Manager (Current Employee), San Leandro, CAJuly 20, 2015
Daily duties would consist of arriving to work on time or early, stay over time if needed to, come into work on my days of to cover others shift. I'm a fast learner, ability to adjust to any work environment, great with customers, and able to get along with co-workers. I am a hard worker, if I am unable to do something I will look for assistance until my job is done properly. I travel a lot, and willing to relocate.
really bad company
Relief Manager (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORJuly 15, 2015
Pros: You're employed
Cons: Everything else
If you like making minimum wage, and being treated like garbage this is the job for you. Management doesn't support you on anything, you often deal with people living in units(which I believe is illegal) as long as they pay, people look the other way. Everyday is a nightmare with customers who are mad you sold their stuff or feel their not paying is your fault. You often clean units that were vacated but the tenant decided to leave everything they didn't want. You also work alone so when you are on the property you are greeted with mad people waiting or calling. People were threatened with violence and management didn't do anything.

You make bank runs and drive to several different properties because unless your a property manager your workplace isn't set and are barely compensated for using your vehicle for the company. You should also get in good with your DM because only so many people work in your district that getting injured or being sick doesn't allow for time off.
Gathering over night payments, daily bank deposit, lock check,
Onsite Property Manager (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GAJune 27, 2015
Pros: helping people in their time of need
Cons: you never know what your going to deal with
Gathering over night payments, daily bank deposit, lock check,
[over & unlock] maintenance of the property, write auction and late letters and mail them, print call sheet [and call] rent storages and sell as many supplies as possible, and making sure I have meet the customer needs.
Great place to met all walks of life from customers
Relief Manager (Former Employee), Wallington, NJJune 27, 2015
Pros: its a job
Cons: no advancement ask for too much done for too little money
great customers just hard to make everyone happy. Company management isn't that great and district managers don't last long enough to get a chance to change that opinion. /
Headquarters