Public Storage

Public Storage Employer Reviews

loved it
Property Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 29, 2014
Customer Service in a fast pace environment, Rent and return car in a timely manner, Administrative duties, Professional Selling optional service, vehicle upgrade and other products Set and Achieve sale goals and support the goals of teammates, Work as a team player to ensure customer service, Prepare Rental documents and Related paper work
Was a good company to work for/
Resident Property Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, VANovember 17, 2014
This was a great company to work for. Until they harass you and treat you like a you are a child. they do not pay very well and want you to bend over and over work yourself. I ran a store that had over 750 units and over 650 tenants. Daily calls and collections, sales associate
Long days filled with unhappy customers
Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 15, 2014
Pros: you get pain
Cons: you dont get paid enough for the work you do
Long and unhappy.
Nothing learned.
Over-barring.
Lazy.
Customers not paying their bills.
Nothing.
Very laid back workplace
Relief Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 11, 2014
If your looking for a job that is laid back and you dont want to be on your feet a lot and prefer to be in the office, public storage is great. Atypical day at public storage is quite slow so you are in the office majority of the day. There are time where you have o walk to the property to check things out and clean up after some tenant. There is no hard part about the job, it is pretty straight forward. Public storage has set hours so if you are in school or working another job public storage is good to work for.
A day at Public Storage
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Salisbury, North CarolinaOctober 30, 2014
My typical day at work consists of opening the store and updating all reports such as sales report, delinquent report petty cash report and inventory reports. Go outside and check the property for any safety issues and to make sure that property is secured. If any space is found without any security, the customer is contacted immediately. All delinquent customers are called. Made courtesy calls to existing customers. Making sales. Creating new account for 1st time customers and reoccurring customers, etc. I learned that there is a lot of effort in working with the public. Out of six years with the company, I have only 1 really bad experience with a customer. When I was first hired, the management was good. The company was becoming more customer oriented. As time went on, the company became more numbers oriented. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the change of customer oriented business to a numbers oriented business. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and satisfying their needs.
work with my co workers
Relief Manager (Former Employee), Waterford, MIOctober 20, 2014
Pros: i worked with great people
Cons: health care wasnt that good
I enjoyed working with my co workers we had a great team. We always worked together as a team should work.
Extremely Low Glass Ceiling
Property Manager (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 14, 2014
Pros: on par benefits, paid time off.
Cons: short breaks, favoritism, lack of advancement
Working as a field manager in Public Storage is not going to pay a living wage nor will it give a sense of fulfillment. Based on your level of intelligence and determination you will either find this job to be just barely suitable or not suitable at all. The company will recognize talent in selling, cleanliness and leadership but it will not always be promoted when favoritism is involved. Field corporate is lackadaisical on a regular basis and job security lies in who knows and likes you. If you're looking for a job to bolster a resume for a year or two then this is it, the hours are great and the benefits are on par with many other jobs. If you're looking for a job to challenge you or increase your knowledge in the workplace then look elsewhere, you can only go but so far in this company before you would have to quit and come back in to continue up the ladder. This job is not for the ambitious.
Work ethics are very low
RELIEF PROPERTY MANAGER (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAOctober 6, 2014
Management is very unprofessional and unfair to hard working employees.
Great daily hours and fabulous management team
Relief/Billing Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 5, 2014
I worked with a team of professional leaders whose goal was to help us all succeed. I enjoyed my co-workers and managers immensely, and I learned so much from them. I left that job because I had to move back to WV to care for my elderly grandmother full-time.
Company trying to get the absolute most from physical assets with the absolute least of upkeep.
Relief Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 5, 2014
Pros: other people one works with.
Cons: must follow exact sales scripts.
Job becomes more selling than management. Retail days schedule with no recognition for management skills - only sales.
n/1
Property Manager (Current Employee), New YorkOctober 1, 2014
Manage property and provide customer service as well as office duties
Property Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: excellent customer service, dependable, reliable, hardworker
Cons: not applicable
Greeting customers and giving them excellent customer service while assisting them with their merchandise purchase and storage. Making reservations and taking phone calls. Bank deposit drops. Supervise office staff and process leases. Maintain office environment by cleaning and other general office duties.
Room for growth
Associate Relief Manager (Former Employee), Glendale, CASeptember 30, 2014
No one enjoys moving, so it's always a good feeling to know you were able to help someone in a stressful time.
A wonderful place to work
Property Manager (Former Employee), Decatur, GASeptember 28, 2014
I was able to utilize all of my customer service skills,and match people with there storage needs.
To Gain some experience.
Property Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: the expierence you have can help you get a better job placement
Cons: no benefits or good pay
Public storage is a job you should apply for if you need a Job to get your financial issues.
Good place to start managment
Property Manager (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNSeptember 24, 2014
you learn a lot the hours are long but its a good place to work. you meet a lot of people and you can go far in the company
Company only cares about numbers not people
Relief Manager (Former Employee), Lansing, MISeptember 22, 2014
Pros: most of the customers are amazing and understand that you are just a small person in a huge company
Cons: the company doesn't care about anything but money
there is so much they want you to do in a typical day including leases and selling and google reviews. If you don't get a sale or google review you have to be on a conference call with the DM which takes 30 minutes away from what you need to get done. If you do not get all of your duties done you then get another call from the DM to which you have to tell him why you didn't get your duties done. they want you to keep up with the upkeep on the grounds I.E. taking care of abandoned goods and making sure things are clean. however will take their time to pay for maintenance on thing we cant do or will get upset if we hurt ourselves trying to do what they have told us to do.
GREAT HEALTH INSURANCE
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: health care
Cons: management
just did not have the right management in charge. hired people that didnt know what they were doing, but the pay was good at 15 an hour plus bonuses
A workplace with lots of diversity
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: customer relations
Cons: distance
Arrive on time make sure any and all customers are attended to and make sure the workplace is clean. Review any orders that are left at the front desk. Keep up with customers payment plans, make sure all truck drivers know their stops. Assist new customers by giving them a tour of the premises and in detail describing all rules and procedures. Making sure all employees on the clock take all designated breaks and lunches. Handling cash and depositing all funds. Working with all coworkers in a respectful manner as well as address any needs they may have. The best part of working at Public Storage was the opportunity to grow with the company.
the worst job
Property Manager and District Trainer (Former Employee), Voorhees, NJSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: you are pretty much alone all day
Cons: pay, lack of maintenance in apts and properties, management, unable to work your way up, benefits, lack of incentive
I was employed here for a very long time. I managed to work my way up to trainer. Great. That whole 54 cents an hour extra. Woop. I at one point was training for 3 separate districts. They threaten your job if you dont beat your numbers from the previous year and they pay squat. I had an onsite apt at a different site from where I worked and made $7.25 an hour. I couldnt afford anything. The company micro manages. You can get noting fixed without having to email your boss....who emails their boss and so on and so forth. You have to know at least 7 scripts verbatim or you are fired. If you miss one word they scold you and you fail.

Go to ANY OTHER storage company. Seriously.

About Public Storage

Since the beginning, Public Storage has been and remains the self storage industry experts. Our founders, Wayne Hughes and Ken – Read more

Public Storage Salaries