Public Storage Employee Reviews

dont work with public storage
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  North Palm Beach, FLFebruary 4, 2016
this is the worse company i have ever work for, they donĀ“t pay their worker any money,pile on a lot of work and only give a raise a 22 cent per year
Pros
bad company
Cons
bad company
Low level job with no room for growth or advancement
Relief Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 19, 2015
This is a great starter job for someone just out of high school taking a break from forwarding their education or someone who seeks nothing more than a "job". This company provides no room for growth, with monotonous duties that leave no rewards, no room for advancement, Always "watched" by management and secret shoppers for mistakes, but never praised for jobs well done. Great start out job but after a few months you will be more than ready to leave.
Pros
Work at your own pace
Cons
No team work and mystery shoppers
PS job review
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Griffith, INOctober 11, 2016
I deal with a variety of customers at my job. I am known for exemplary customer service. A typical day at work can be collection calls, lock checks to make sure every customer's unit is secure, money handling, sales, audits, report handling, basically knowing your business and handling your business to be the best in the district and propel your district to be the best in the country.
Pros
flexibilty
Cons
short lunch break
Slave Wage Dead End Job
Slave Wage Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 11, 2016
$9.50/hour is not even close to a livable wave. The US jobs market is behind 20 + years in wages and the quality of life has deteriorated exponentially. Do not work for any company that treats its employees like disposable pawns on a chess board but rakes in thousands to millions of dollars every day. This employer is guilty of employee exploitation.
Stay Far Away
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  SomewhereNovember 1, 2016
Horrible experience. Management takes no responsibility for anything. Facility never gets fixed. Co workers bad mouth other employees to customers. Stay far away
Public Storage Day
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY/Queens,NYJune 23, 2016
The typical public storage is all about being able to make connections with customers so that we try to meet their every need during their moving or business storage needs. Also making sure that the company is making awesome amount of sales and providing again 5 star service whether its in the the direct office and or over the phone, Also making sure the buildings are safe and clean to keep customers content during their rental process at our company.
Pros
Being able to communicate with customers on a personal level, Hearing them out and also having a awesome team to work with.
Cons
Con of the job is there are so many jobs that are done and not constipated, for where other storage company's do
hate this place
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZAugust 26, 2016
The company only cares about making money and can care less about there employees. its like a revolving door over there people just get hired and fired or leave within a month.
Pros
Cons
everything
Fast-paced and exciting!
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 12, 2016
Every day was a new challenge that I went to work thriving for. Our team leaders were very motivating and supportive.

Having natural interpersonal, social and communication abilities to begin with, I further developed a solid foundation in building rapport with others.
Pros
Free lunches during over-time
Not a good place for advancement/growth
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 8, 2015
Management is almost abysmal besides the required "scripts" that all employees must learn. Advancement is nonexistent, do not expect pay raises or even COMMISSION for the merchandise sales/quotas they expect from you. You must be able to work alone and you must be able to multi-task and do all the required harassment calls PS wants you to do. Co-workers are hardly there with you, you work alone unless you're at a big property. The most enjoyable part of the job is the schedule stability, you work at 9:30 and come home at 6.
Not a career company
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 19, 2016
Selling is a big aspect of the job, you have to sell units and merchandise. Hours are good you can only get 39-38 hours a week in at 9:30 out by 6pm weekdays, 5pm weekends, they start you at $10 per hours. This is a good stepping point job to a better one but has no room for advancement. The highest a field employee is allowed to go is an A Property Manager and KTP(key training professional) They do not promote field employees to district manager or higher. We do not get commission, and our bonuses are once a year if you get one, and are based on numbers/if the higher ups feel they like you. If you have a family it is hard to just work here, having an emergency or needing to take time off is like pulling teeth. Some many people leave you never have enough help. All they care about is if you sell a lock, insurance, merchandise at the time of the rental and if you get a review, which might I add people have lost there jobs over.
Pros
consistent hours
Cons
no more advancement past a certain point

Want to know more about Public Storage?

Ask a question
Challenging work environment!
District Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 14, 2016
Opportunities are many and the biggest one is support and development from upper manager for the DM role. If you enjoy wearing all the hats of a business, this place is for you. You are tasked to death with daily, weekly items that suck away the meaningful time you're trying to spend with your team to assist them in their development. Support and communication tends to be poor with only a focus on the number not where it needs to be at that time instead of more time in the field supporting you in your role and inspiring, supporting hourly employees. Hourly employees have no incentives and as a DM you have to get creative to continue to manage, motivate and keep engaged, but any incentives come out of your pocket and are not reimbursed. Visits from upper management are not productive because there is more of a focus on little things they want to find on you or your team you're not doing well instead of positive interactions with the field and supporting the DM in what we're trying to accomplish. Definitely an opportunity in supporting the hourly employee more if you want a strong, committed work force who provides maximum results. Need to stop being cheap and provide the support and tools to the field to the folks who are customer facing every day.
Don't do it!!
Contract Administrator/Real Estate Department (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 22, 2015
The most unprofessional environment in which I've EVER worked. Management is so far removed from the culture of employees within respective groups. The entire corporation is technologically illiterate.

One employee "runs" the department and has completely snowed management, external and internal customers alike. I was hired, trained and acquired processes quickly and well. So well that not only was I directed to "slow down", that a multitude of gross errors by the other "one employee" in the department were brought to light, which created a lot of clean-up, excuses, and blatant lies from this other "one employee." I received praise from external and internal customers for expediency, attention to detail, and respecting the call for urgency of turnover. Management also praised my performance.

When I made the request to management that others in the department speak English when in the department, (especially knowing much of the conversation surrounded derogatory comments about management and fellow coworkers) I was removed from my position the following day.
No chance for advancement. Very low pay
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 24, 2016
I ran the green valley property for 3 1/2 years. I double merchandise sales. Met all quarterly goals such as merchandise, locks, occupancy, rentals. I lived on property and made multiple improvements. I cleaned it up removed spiders and webs increased sales and customer satisfaction. .
Pros
Loved the tenants
Cons
Corporate changed policy weekly.
One of the top within their industry
Relief Property Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 23, 2016
The organization definitely gave me the freedom to manage and build my managerial skills, as upper management is barely present and are sometimes hard to contact. I felt safe in all of the locations that I worked in. There are very few opportunities to advance within this organization and that is why I didn't consider this a career option. There were not many company events within the districts that you worked and therefore the disconnect from other employees is very real.
Productive and Fun workplace.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FL 33405December 27, 2016
A typical work day consists of renting storage units, cleaning the property, making sale calls and providing excellent customer service skills. From the job I have learned how to do inventory. The best part of the job was having the ability to work independently.
Fast pace call center
Customer Service / Sales (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 9, 2016
Inbound 40+ calls a day but up to 80 calls depending on the time of the year. Forever changing bonus structure for the sales team. OT during busy times meeting the company's needs. Summer contest for top performers.
Pros
Bonus system (changing)
Cons
Way too many changes
did not last long
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLNovember 9, 2016
the instruction I was given has often times lead me into chaos with customers. i have been in life threatening situations with customers who were given misleading info from another employee and i personally value my life much more. there is no security or guarantee of safety.
This company sucks to work for!
Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 1, 2016
For all the stuff you have to put up with there, pay is horrible especially living in Los Angeles, hard to make ends meet. They are quick to acknowledge your awesome sales you've made, but quick to fire when you don't continue the same...

I would be better at sales if there product wasn't junk, we had so many complaints about our locks and products and you have to sell insurance too?? If I wanted to sell insurance, I would've applied for an insurance company and at least get a better pay out of it.

Research how much revenue this company makes, and yet they pay their employees junk, I rather work at In N Out, they make a little bit more...

It's a great job if you are in dire need of one, but don't stay too long, they will suck the life out of you and you just wake up every morning feeling afraid that you might lose your job if you don't meet your sales goal.
Pros
The people there are fun to work with, and interesting customers
Cons
Too many to list!
Steady job with no future
Relief/Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILAugust 28, 2015
Poor management, high turnover, very stressful, a lot of responsibility with no regard for compensation for work ethic and poor benefit coverage for field employees.

Constantly covering for other co-workers when there is a call in and also when daily items are not completed by property managers.

Customer contact is enjoyable but can be challenging when doing required delinquent calls.
Pros
Variety of tasks
Cons
Lack of support from superiors; compensation is numbers based, not by work ethic.
Mission based
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CANovember 28, 2016
I worked for Goodwill OC as a Fundraising Professional and was pleasantly happy organization. I believe in the mission, vision and values for which it stands.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Public Storage. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5