Public Storage Employee Reviews

Fun work place.
Relief Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 10, 2017
Typical day at work will always be busy and will make the time go faster. Always leaning new things in the job. Management is always friendly and will work with you. The workers in the company are very professional. Being able to keep the job fun by keeping the customers happy.
Good workers and management
RELIEF MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Friendswood, TXJanuary 7, 2017
Although the managers at every property is a little different the service provided is consistent throughout. A typical workday consists of a lot of different things. From confirming reservations, making and receiving calls, and keeping up with proper maintenance of the property. All the while providing each customer with the proper size unit at the right price, helping them making their move in as easy as possible. The District Managers along with the KTP's offer wonderful training and assistance to their employees and coworkers. The most difficult part of this job is juggling all of your tasks throughout the day with minimal help. However the support system provided from all who work here is fantasic.
Pros
Health care and overtime
Cons
understaffed and a heavy work load
A job but no advancements
PROPERTY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 6, 2017
Is great for people that like to work alone sometimes and enjoy customer service work but it isn't paying a lot for the amount if work expected to do.
Pros
Full time job and paid training
Cons
Not enough income and property security
Employee Retention is spotty
PROPERTY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 4, 2017
No opportunity for advancement, standard policy is to have the employee resign their employment and then apply for the job desired,
The job schedule is daytime no late night hours, you get to work with a great many customer's many of whom are very nice
Pros
vacation, 401K, paid sick leave, no late night hours
Cons
"secret shoppers" visit the locations constantly to report on your work
District manager
District Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganDecember 31, 2016
District manager for over 2 years and love all the opportunities the company offers. there are growth and advancement and a great team building. We have weekly calls to go over your performance and the expectations. Goals are attainable and you can focus on your goals weekly, monthly.
Great job for the short term
Property Manager, Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 30, 2016
After over 6 years working with the company, I had reached the highest position I could as a field level employee. I reached this position before my 3 year mark, so I had been in the same place for over 3 years with no hope or goal of being challenged and doing something that would be more pay and lead to growth. If you don't mind not ever being able to get another promotion after 2 steps up then it's a great job. Flexibility is awesome, pay is decent for the work you do. However, bonus structure is set up that only property managers are likely to bonus and most get the minimum amount, if they are lucky enough to get anything.
Productive and Fun workplace.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FL 33405December 27, 2016
A typical work day consists of renting storage units, cleaning the property, making sale calls and providing excellent customer service skills. From the job I have learned how to do inventory. The best part of the job was having the ability to work independently.
Everyday was different
District Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 25, 2016
Depending on who needed to store you had to evaluate their storage needs. You also tried to get side sells by helping them protect their belongings when they stored. each property had different secutity features you would explain while you were showing the customer the unit. You always greeted with a smile and tried to make the customer comfortable from the begining.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
was alone most of the time managing a store
Property Manager
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 22, 2016
This was an upbeat fast paced multi tasking job. You build relationships with customers as they face a transition period in their lives.
Productive and fun workplace
Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TNDecember 19, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working at public storage. Everyone was kind and the work environment was wonderful. My position was challenging, but that's what made it enjoyable. The reason why I left was because I went into labor early and had complications. Due to him being that early, I was unable to return to work for some time, due to unpaid maternity leave, because I wasn't with the company for a year. I wasn't bitter about it, because I understood, but due to that reason, I was unable to afford childcare. Other than that, I loved my job.
Pros
merchandise sales incentives
Cons
short lunch period
Fast-paced and exciting!
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 12, 2016
Every day was a new challenge that I went to work thriving for. Our team leaders were very motivating and supportive.

Having natural interpersonal, social and communication abilities to begin with, I further developed a solid foundation in building rapport with others.
Pros
Free lunches during over-time
Fast pace call center
Customer Service / Sales (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 9, 2016
Inbound 40+ calls a day but up to 80 calls depending on the time of the year. Forever changing bonus structure for the sales team. OT during busy times meeting the company's needs. Summer contest for top performers.
Pros
Bonus system (changing)
Cons
Way too many changes
Ps
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 8, 2016
NO work and personal life balance, Culture was very poor, leadership talk down to employees and lower management. Good pay.
I meat really good people and learned a lot about a storage business..
Relief Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 30, 2016
Working at Public Storage is pretty good, but if you don't like working by yourself then this is not a job for you. The job is fairly easy but does require multitasking.
Pros
They pay for the miles driven
Cons
working by yourself, a lot of down time
No opportunity for advancement
Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 29, 2016
Low starting pay with little or no chance for advancement in the company. No freedom to make decisions. Must follow script to the letter.Sometimes required to work at different locations on short notice.
Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 29, 2016
Ok place to work just was not for me maybe for someone else. Great environment but a few things could be better. I will not speak bad about them just need a few changes.
Mission based
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CANovember 28, 2016
I worked for Goodwill OC as a Fundraising Professional and was pleasantly happy organization. I believe in the mission, vision and values for which it stands.
Public Storage Review
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 16, 2016
This job is high volume sales and a fast paced work environment. I enjoy the job and all the responsibility but there is little room for advancement. Over all this is a decent job with good benefits.
poor pay and lots of work must have car and valid lisence
PROPERTY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDNovember 13, 2016
working for public storage has been a blessing and a curse while I have been with the company for years career advancements just aren't realistic and they honestly don't care must for their employees
did not last long
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLNovember 9, 2016
the instruction I was given has often times lead me into chaos with customers. i have been in life threatening situations with customers who were given misleading info from another employee and i personally value my life much more. there is no security or guarantee of safety.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Public Storage. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6