Public Storage Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and enjoyable place to work .
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Colton, CASeptember 24, 2015
I enjoy working for Public Storage, most of all I am thankful that they have trained me to become a great leader to my district . I enjoy it most because I am always learning and improving , giving me the opportunity to expand my skills.
A place to get your sales experience started
Outside Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZSeptember 23, 2015
This company gave me my first management experience and I learned so much from the owner and learned the basics of how to run a successful company.
self working establishment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNSeptember 20, 2015
while working at public storage, I was responsible for my own time. i had to make sure customers were helped, and get the paperwork done. Most co-workers were helpful with answer questions you would have, but sometimes other co-workers would bring their personal problems into work, and have an attitude towards the job and the customers.
Pros
time to yourself.
Cons
rushes by yourself
Low level job with no room for growth or advancement
Relief Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 19, 2015
This is a great starter job for someone just out of high school taking a break from forwarding their education or someone who seeks nothing more than a "job". This company provides no room for growth, with monotonous duties that leave no rewards, no room for advancement, Always "watched" by management and secret shoppers for mistakes, but never praised for jobs well done. Great start out job but after a few months you will be more than ready to leave.
Pros
Work at your own pace
Cons
No team work and mystery shoppers
good
Customer Service Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland Park, FLSeptember 17, 2015
this job is a good experience to anyone the will take their job serious and dod what it takes to get the job done you will not be sorry is you choose this job as your workplace
Overall a great place to work.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 17, 2015
The role as a District Manager is very fulfilling. The company provides excellent reporting tools to manage all aspects of the business. District Managers are very "hands on" in all aspects of the position from staffing to training, coaching and development, facilities management, auctions and leadership.
Pros
Flexibility with creating your own schedule
Cons
Store staffing model
stressful
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando , FLSeptember 14, 2015
Between underpaying the staff and selling tenant's belongings at auction, you will be a hollow shell of yourself. The pay is average, although you have to use your own vehicle with very limited re-imbursement. Public Storage does not encourage independent thinkers and will do its best to weed them out. I have now had 4 vacation requests denied this year. Even offered to let my Regional Manager pick the weeks I can go, still denied every time. Of course, if you don't use the vacation by the end of the year, you lose it. So, there goes 140 hours. There is a reason the hourly staff turnover is 140% and the DM position is 50%.
Pros
financially stable company
Cons
everything else
I Liked the people I worked with just not the Corporate bs.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 10, 2015
It was my first experience living on-site which, I guess was ok. All of the people in the district worked well together but didn't have much of a Distric Mgr.
Pros
Regular work hours
Cons
After hour calls
Public Storage
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDSeptember 10, 2015
Such an amazing place to work. I enjoyed meeting and speaking with people from all walks of life. Management and Co-workers worked well to create the perfect team, encouraging and helping each other.
management
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 8, 2015
I wouldn't refer anyone to work here. The upper management doesn't care about their employees. The bottom line is the money at all costs. Employees are just a number.
Pros
Hours are nice
Cons
everything else
PS is not employee friendly
Store Manager, District Trainer (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CASeptember 7, 2015
I've worked for PS twice. The first time was because they bought the storage company I worked for and I was absorbed by the company. The second time, I really needed a job and had no other option at the time. Public Storage is a multi-billion dollar company that pays their employees the bare minimum so they can continue to line the pockets of the men in suits. The only growth potential is to District Trainer. You will NEVER be a district manager or anything higher. They only hire college graduates who have never worked storage in their lives, so they have no clue what it's like to work in a rental office. They have unrealistic expectations of how the offices should operate and punish you for not doing your job according to their plan. You are also not allowed to have a brain. I was fired for questioning why things were done. You don't do that at PS or they will dig and find the most miniscule reason to get rid of you. They just want you to do as your told. Sorry, but that's not me.

I will say that my coworkers were some of the most amazing people. I am still friends with several of them, since having left the company over 5 years ago.

Really, working for PS is easy money (not much, but enough), but if you want any kind of advancement or have a strong personality, you will not like working here.
Facility Management, Customer service
Resident Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 4, 2015
Assigned as Resident Property Manager in less than two months after being hired, ahead of more senior personnel.
Improve confidence and customer (guest) retention by resolving facility security issues and addressing all guests concerns with compassion, integrity and timely resolution to their concerns.
Developed a strong rapport and credibility with my guests, instilling that same sense of community and ownership in the facility.
Appointed to District Safety Manager.
Independence
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 31, 2015
management was very rude. The pay was very poor . there's absolutely no room for growth, the District Manager, 'was very unprofessional when communicating with their Managers, and the customers. When following the company's policies, the District Managers wanted their Employees to go again ts them.
Pros
start and end time
Cons
poor pay, rude Managers
Steady job with no future
Relief/Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILAugust 28, 2015
Poor management, high turnover, very stressful, a lot of responsibility with no regard for compensation for work ethic and poor benefit coverage for field employees.

Constantly covering for other co-workers when there is a call in and also when daily items are not completed by property managers.

Customer contact is enjoyable but can be challenging when doing required delinquent calls.
Pros
Variety of tasks
Cons
Lack of support from superiors; compensation is numbers based, not by work ethic.
great opportunity, management responsibilities,
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  hayward caAugust 26, 2015
I love my job and the different challenges but its not enough to help me grow and make the most of myself. I want to go back to school and the hours conflict with me getting into school.I get along with pretty much everybody. I love my team, the customers are great even when they're upset. There is no hard part to this job. You just need patience for almost every job and patience I have a lot of.
Pros
Work alone in the office
Cons
Heavy lifting
good co- workers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNAugust 25, 2015
if you like working out doors this is the job for you. there is a little cleaning and you get a chance to meet interesting people.
Labor intensive
Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLAugust 20, 2015
This job was too labor intensive and would not provide full-time status. It was not in the medical field. Management was not professional.
Good
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 19, 2015
Good company to work for. This is a customer based company and very fun to work for. The managers are very helpful to help you succeed in your career.
Storage facility
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 16, 2015
Renting out storage units and selling packing merchandise. Not really something that i enjoyed so much, i decided to get a new career moving to brasil and took up teaching.
Pros
stable job
Cons
not a good job
Okay Company
Relief Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 13, 2015
This Company Is A Very Depressing Company To Work For They Have You Do A lot Of Things Through Out The Day That Multiple People Should Do And Their Pay Rate Is Not At All Competitive They Do Have Set Hours And All Their Positions Are Full Time But This Is Not A Company I Recommend