Public Storage Employee Reviews

great people skills
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 5, 2017
I absolutely loved working with this team we were actually like a family from work to home, they taught me a lot to maturing in my work ethic to maturing in myself as their boss
Good job for teens
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  AlabamaJune 5, 2017
Good job for teens, no room to advance, poor pay for work you do, they are never really satisfied, you can stay on property but that hurts your pay more.
Pros
Staying on property
Cons
Poor pay
A huge storage company that was run like a store front storage company
Assistant Manager/Collections/Accounts Receivables (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAJune 5, 2017
This company is huge, but it was run like a mom and pop store front storage company. They didn't do there research before they started a pick up and delivery service and it didn't work out for them. Too many unprofessional guys loading furniture and didn't know what they were doing, so people filed claims against them. Too many claims so the pick up and delivery was discontinued.
Pros
Flexible if you had to leave for a family emergency.
Cons
had to work every saturday
This company seems like home.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 5, 2017
I have worked for PS for over 12 years.

I enjoy coming into work with kind coworkers, fair bosses, and overall a home away from home.

I recommend to all potential hires to come in to hone your sales experience, growth, and become comfortable.

A typical day at work is a slight grind, but manageable.

I love the management here. I trust them to be fair, and have knowledge to depend on.

The culture here is a bit serious, with a splash of fun during the tough days of overtime.

Hardest part of the job is the clientele to deal with day in and day out.

I enjoy the schedule I have earned over time, & family aspect around the office with laughs being the wonderful bonus.
Pros
Friendly envoirnment, workable wages, great benefits.
Cons
Change of policies, repetitive job
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDJune 3, 2017
Sale Storage Units, Customer Service, Collection's, Clean units, Cashier, making sure all customers are satisfied and need anything to make them happy
Pros
Quiet Place
Cons
Auctions of people personal itrms due to non payment
Not a good place to be long term.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOJune 2, 2017
You do gain a fair bit of managerial experience as far as running a store goes, and you learn the ins and outs of how business would typically operate whether you're selling empty space or a grapes and tomatoes. The only drawback is that on top of doing a lot of paperwork, filing, and office work you also have to labor outside as well. The compensation was not a good offer for the work that was expected, lets just say it would have been nice to be in the double digits as far as pay rate goes. Overall it is not a good place to be long term, some days are slow and they drive you to insanity other days its so much going on that you may stay way longer than you intend to. Use the opportunity here to gain exp and move on.
It's a great place to work very relaxed environment
Property Manager/Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2017
I loved working at Public Storage every day was a challenge I got to meet new people everyday great customer service and a great job opportunity. I was able to to learn a lot from this company. The workforce was great. My managers were great to work with and coworkers provided great teamwork.
Great Place to work
Income Tax Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 1, 2017
I started working at the Corporate office in Glendale in 2005. The environment is very good everyone is friendly and helpful. There is lots of opportunity for advancement. Salary is very good and management cares about work family balance.

I really enjoy my coworks, especially my supervisor. I work with a great team and wouldn't want to work anywhere or with anyone else.
Pros
Work environment co-workers and salary
Cons
long commute
Customers were a headache to deal with because they didnt like the changes and pay sucked.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Sellersburg, INMay 31, 2017
Some property managers were offered an apartment if there was one onsite for free while others did not. I feel like those who had an apartment was basically making more money because they didn't have to pay for housing expenses. The starting pay wasn't that great and being paid twice a month was hard.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
everything else
Full time work
Non Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32804May 28, 2017
If you choose to work for Public Storage it is important that you realize it should be to grow your management experience only. It is not a long term career because there are currently only 2 positions for lower level employees: Relief Manager and Property Manager.

You do get full time hours but weekends and holidays mean nothing to the company. Offices are open 7 days a week only closed 3 major holidays so say goodbye to family functions until after 6pm when office closes.

It is a step up from fast food and standard retail but not by much because you do not receive discounts, on renting units or buying merchandise and no bonus for selling. You are pressured to maintain your sales and rentals to beat last years numbers but are not rewarded for meeting and exceeding the projected numbers.

The work is both office and property maintenance so you will get dirty and nasty on a regular bases it is just part of that job. You will become a good problem solver and come up with creative solutions to help maintain good relationship for the customers with the company.

It will boost your confidence in the selling and up selling as well as educate you on procedures and legally being able to explain the lease and avoiding auction process to customers but as I stated earlier this will be good for growing your management experience only.
Pros
Steady full time work
Cons
low pay
Enjoyable
Resident Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 27, 2017
Excellent opportunity for someone who excels working unsupervised.
No evening hours, but weekends are a must most months. Must be proficient at spewing out sales scripts to in face customers all day.
This place sucks
Inbound & Outbound account sales (Former Employee) –  GlendaleMay 26, 2017
Glendale corporate people are horrible especially HR don't bother
CEO get's million dollar bonus for reducing phone rep's pay. Never work for a share holding company. They just suck.
Pros
Cons
Hr, Supervisors, co-workers
About PS
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXMay 23, 2017
I love my boss the company is the worst. Most people at public storage do not complete the task we are giving to complete and no one has anything to say about it. I only like my coworkers outside of work.
Not a place for a career
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAMay 22, 2017
At first, the job was fun and enjoyable. After a short time, it became apparent the customer did not invest much in their employees. Training was at a minimum and infrequent. Pay scale was much less than other storage companies in the area. Upper management rarely listened to or acknowledged employees. I remained in storage but went to a better employee-friendly company when I left.
Pros
My direct boss was great!
Cons
Pay, lack of raises, inability to achieve bonuses
Greedy and evil.
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  ArizonaMay 21, 2017
I loved and hated it but at the end its just like high school with your co worlers and your superiors expect you to preform miracles while paying minimum wage. They did bonus a select few managers at each district every year but once they had to up their wages from 9 to 10 dollars due to the increase in minimum wage they were sure to make up for their huge loss (as a billion dollar industry ) by cutting the "incentive pay" completely. They dont care about anythi mg but saving the guys on top money and will do everything they deem nescessary to ensure their quarterly bonus checks stay nice atlnd fat.! But dont worry youll never get a chance to advance to make the bills made by the superiors because they 100% due not promote from with in the company
Good work environment
Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 21, 2017
Public storage give you the opportunity to interact with customers on a daily base. Its a great work place to help people. Fun place to work and obtain new knowledge
A good steady job
Property Manager/ sales associate (Former Employee) –  Coram, NYMay 20, 2017
Great hours and ok pay.
For what the job entitles the pay should be at least 14/hour. Not that flexible with the schedule and getting time off. Accruing pto took too long.
Pros
Free lunch/ help in the office if you win in a sales competition
Cons
High expectations with so many things to do
Fun Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMay 20, 2017
The management I had was amazing all companies should have this type of management very helpful willing to work with you. It's a call center so you don't really get to choose what days you have off that was the only downside the money could be a little bit better, overall nothing bad to say about the company. I really miss working there and the people were amazing and I miss cooking for everyone.
Pros
Great management and coworkers
Cons
Pay and work schedule
Good work experience
Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMay 16, 2017
Easy job overall. I was over qualified and certain management issues were not handled professionally. I have high expectations from a company that they did not meet. Overall, good work experience if you can lead your own path within a diverse group.
Hard work and dedication.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 16, 2017
Been with Public Storage for a few months and I must say it is a "okay" job but you really have to do everything to make sure everyone is happy around you. Nothing is wrong with that but I do feel that as a employee for the company you should not be doing everything and anything certain people should be in charge for different things.
Pros
Full time 40 hours
Cons
No bonus, No advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Public Storage. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6