Public Storage

Public Storage Employee Reviews

Company only cares about numbers not people
Relief Manager (Former Employee), Lansing, MISeptember 22, 2014
Pros: most of the customers are amazing and understand that you are just a small person in a huge company
Cons: the company doesn't care about anything but money
there is so much they want you to do in a typical day including leases and selling and google reviews. If you don't get a sale or google review you have to be on a conference call with the DM which takes 30 minutes away from what you need to get done. If you do not get all of your duties done you then get another call from the DM to which you have to tell him why you didn't get your duties done. they want you to keep up with the upkeep on the grounds I.E. taking care of abandoned goods and making sure things are clean. however will take their time to pay for maintenance on thing we cant do or will get upset if we hurt ourselves trying to do what they have told us to do.
GREAT HEALTH INSURANCE
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: health care
Cons: management
just did not have the right management in charge. hired people that didnt know what they were doing, but the pay was good at 15 an hour plus bonuses
A workplace with lots of diversity
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: customer relations
Cons: distance
Arrive on time make sure any and all customers are attended to and make sure the workplace is clean. Review any orders that are left at the front desk. Keep up with customers payment plans, make sure all truck drivers know their stops. Assist new customers by giving them a tour of the premises and in detail describing all rules and procedures. Making sure all employees on the clock take all designated breaks and lunches. Handling cash and depositing all funds. Working with all coworkers in a respectful manner as well as address any needs they may have. The best part of working at Public Storage was the opportunity to grow with the company.
the worst job
Property Manager and District Trainer (Former Employee), Voorhees, NJSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: you are pretty much alone all day
Cons: pay, lack of maintenance in apts and properties, management, unable to work your way up, benefits, lack of incentive
I was employed here for a very long time. I managed to work my way up to trainer. Great. That whole 54 cents an hour extra. Woop. I at one point was training for 3 separate districts. They threaten your job if you dont beat your numbers from the previous year and they pay squat. I had an onsite apt at a different site from where I worked and made $7.25 an hour. I couldnt afford anything. The company micro manages. You can get noting fixed without having to email your boss....who emails their boss and so on and so forth. You have to know at least 7 scripts verbatim or you are fired. If you miss one word they scold you and you fail.

Go to ANY OTHER storage company. Seriously.
Hard Work is never recognized
Resident Property Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles AreaSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: an apartment for property manager
Cons: pushed to sale merchandise, too many scripts, no consistancy
Policies have certainly changed over the last few years..for the worse. Scripts,and pledges to sale merchandise, and basically no bonus for the field employees. If you are with the company for over 5 years,be prepared to be harassed to the point of quitting or you are fired. The District Managers push for sales,which they themselves cant complete successfully when conducting a rental,however you are expected to do with each customer. Its a nice place to get storage experience,I have learned a lot. However its not a place to stay
Customer Service and Sales
Property Manager (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: benefits
A typical day at work would be providing very good customer service with every customer and making sure there experience with us is a memorable one. I learned how to interact with different personalities as well as fulfilling my duties that were expected of us from our management. I have also learned how to carefully manage keeping the office as well as the property in good standing. It has taught me time management skills as well as always putting our customers and their needs first. But also keeping up with our numbers and paperwork simultaneously.
My co- workers were very helpful when needed always attentive and willing to complete our daily tasks as a team and executing as much sales as we could towards making our target goal for the day.
The hardest part of the job was trying to ensure we had perfect numbers though it was difficult with the right tactics it was still attainable. However the most enjoyable part of the job was the overall customer service experience and learning new things referring to management and sales each day.
Okay Company
District Manager (Current Employee), NationwideAugust 31, 2014
The company is a cash cow, and could make more money if they were more proactive, rather than reactive in the maintenance of their properties. In addition, they could get more buy in from hourly employees if they give back their incentive based on productivity. You are always on the clock even on your days off.
Office job
Relief Manager (Current Employee), Ny, NYAugust 28, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: mandatorary weekend shifts
Its a performance job, sales are necessary. You call delinquent customers and show spaces to to potential customers, keep the property and vacant spaces clean.
Great work experience
ONSITE PROPERTY MANAGER/DISTRICT TRAINER (Former Employee), Maple Shade, NJAugust 25, 2014
Pros: worked independently, grew with the company, and excelled my expectations
Cons: healthcare and no security
Rent units, sale products, collections, clean and secure property, train new employees.
Learned how to deal with a diverse group of people.
Management worked with me, when I needed any assistance.
Co-workers all worked together, so our district excelled as a team.
Hardest part was beating my numbers, monthly.
Mostly enjoyed the diversity of my days.
Work
Sales, Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYAugust 25, 2014
Working here has been a joy at times. Everyone worked together to make sure that everything is done. The customers were our first priority and we worked hard to make sure we could fit all their needs.
Terminated me when i told them i needed a leave of absence to care for my terminally ill father
District Trainer/Property Manager (Former Employee), Casselberry, FloridaAugust 13, 2014
Cons: everything
Lots of responsibility for not a lot of pay. Hourly rate is below industry standard. Constantly changing management and rules. No regard for their employees. Demoted, transferred and harassed when I told them I would be requesting a leave of absence under FMLA. When I wouldn't quit, they fired me with no explanation before I could complete my leave of absence request.
its a job
Property Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 7, 2014
the management sucks it was a fun job I liked it but they expect a lot and don't want to pay you for what you do.
Its a Temporary Job
property manager (Current Employee), west palm beach, flAugust 6, 2014
This job is okay but no where to grow I am happy for but not for long term. You have to be a self-starter there is no one there over your shoulder.
lots of new thing to learn and experience.
Asst.Mgr,Property Mgr, DTM Mgr, Trainer (Former Employee), In., Oh., Ill.August 2, 2014
Pros: great learning and experiences.
Cons: burned out
loved working with them, always new problems. new challenges, new people to met and help out. learned a lot about customer service be it in person or over the phone. enjoyed training new employees. at end of month love to see where property ranked. loved winning employee of year-two years straight. but near end was getting burned out. did so much so fast took toll.
On the Go
Property Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 30, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: salary
Starting to work for Public Storage I started as a associate and after two weeks my District Manager promoted me to a Property Manager of my own property. As a manager I over see that the property stayed clean, inventory of customers vacating, maintaining delinquent accounts, exceeding sales with locks, couch covers, boxes, etc., managing my assistant to make sure agreements get filed, accounts paid and units rented, also I would engage in auctions for units that went 30 days delinquent on a monthly basis. Overall, I loved working here and staying busy.
somewhat ok
Relief Manager (Former Employee), Upper Darby, PAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: on site apt
Cons: you do everything no help
While I was working there it was great but I had to do everything they are short staffed doesnt make the schedule a month in advance u neverknow what days u had off unless a district mmanager took a vacation they constantly quiz u on scripts not to mention scheduling u by yourself at an A property that requires 2 or more ppl then the property is down the road they expect utoo watch for ppl dumping trash when u have an office that is packed oh and if your car breaks down and u can't get it fix they look for ways to fire u
Great company
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Glendale, CAJuly 22, 2014
Great company with room for advancement with great management and benefits. Many opportunities for extra hours. Fast-paced work environment
busy place to work
Relief Site Manager (Former Employee), salt lake city, utahJuly 21, 2014
Pros: working with customers
Cons: no time off
helping customers, renting storages, selling materials that are need for rentals
Productive place to work
Relief Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: health care
Cons: short breaks and homeless people
Well we had to start on paperwork and then start cleaning and walk the permitter and my co-workers were great to work with and i did not enjoy this job due to me calling and calling customers.
Productive and fun workplace
Relief manager/Front desk (Current Employee), Long Island, New YorkJuly 12, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: work all weekend
My typical day at work could have always been different depending on the property I was managing that day. I would start off my morning by printing daily morning reports and handling the cash. I was in charge of the property and the cleanliness of it as well. I would do sales and focus on customer service. I learned a lot from this company. I had previous time management skills before this but this job definitely taught me many more time management skills. I worked with several different co-workers since in my district there were nine different properties. The hardest part about the job was probably when you worked at a property alone and it was incredibly busy. Every little you do the office had to be locked up. The most enjoyable part about my job was that I was constantly seeing new faces, being either co-workers or new customers.
Headquarters