Public Storage

Public Storage Employee Reviews

Office job
Relief Manager (Current Employee), Ny, NYAugust 28, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: mandatorary weekend shifts
Its a performance job, sales are necessary. You call delinquent customers and show spaces to to potential customers, keep the property and vacant spaces clean.
Great work experience
ONSITE PROPERTY MANAGER/DISTRICT TRAINER (Former Employee), Maple Shade, NJAugust 25, 2014
Pros: worked independently, grew with the company, and excelled my expectations
Cons: healthcare and no security
Rent units, sale products, collections, clean and secure property, train new employees.
Learned how to deal with a diverse group of people.
Management worked with me, when I needed any assistance.
Co-workers all worked together, so our district excelled as a team.
Hardest part was beating my numbers, monthly.
Mostly enjoyed the diversity of my days.
Work
Sales, Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYAugust 25, 2014
Working here has been a joy at times. Everyone worked together to make sure that everything is done. The customers were our first priority and we worked hard to make sure we could fit all their needs.
Terminated me when i told them i needed a leave of absence to care for my terminally ill father
District Trainer/Property Manager (Former Employee), Casselberry, FloridaAugust 13, 2014
Cons: everything
Lots of responsibility for not a lot of pay. Hourly rate is below industry standard. Constantly changing management and rules. No regard for their employees. Demoted, transferred and harassed when I told them I would be requesting a leave of absence under FMLA. When I wouldn't quit, they fired me with no explanation before I could complete my leave of absence request.
its a job
Property Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 7, 2014
the management sucks it was a fun job I liked it but they expect a lot and don't want to pay you for what you do.
Its a Temporary Job
property manager (Current Employee), west palm beach, flAugust 6, 2014
This job is okay but no where to grow I am happy for but not for long term. You have to be a self-starter there is no one there over your shoulder.
lots of new thing to learn and experience.
Asst.Mgr,Property Mgr, DTM Mgr, Trainer (Former Employee), In., Oh., Ill.August 2, 2014
Pros: great learning and experiences.
Cons: burned out
loved working with them, always new problems. new challenges, new people to met and help out. learned a lot about customer service be it in person or over the phone. enjoyed training new employees. at end of month love to see where property ranked. loved winning employee of year-two years straight. but near end was getting burned out. did so much so fast took toll.
On the Go
Property Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 30, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: salary
Starting to work for Public Storage I started as a associate and after two weeks my District Manager promoted me to a Property Manager of my own property. As a manager I over see that the property stayed clean, inventory of customers vacating, maintaining delinquent accounts, exceeding sales with locks, couch covers, boxes, etc., managing my assistant to make sure agreements get filed, accounts paid and units rented, also I would engage in auctions for units that went 30 days delinquent on a monthly basis. Overall, I loved working here and staying busy.
somewhat ok
Relief Manager (Former Employee), Upper Darby, PAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: on site apt
Cons: you do everything no help
While I was working there it was great but I had to do everything they are short staffed doesnt make the schedule a month in advance u neverknow what days u had off unless a district mmanager took a vacation they constantly quiz u on scripts not to mention scheduling u by yourself at an A property that requires 2 or more ppl then the property is down the road they expect utoo watch for ppl dumping trash when u have an office that is packed oh and if your car breaks down and u can't get it fix they look for ways to fire u
Great company
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Glendale, CAJuly 22, 2014
Great company with room for advancement with great management and benefits. Many opportunities for extra hours. Fast-paced work environment
busy place to work
Relief Site Manager (Former Employee), salt lake city, utahJuly 21, 2014
Pros: working with customers
Cons: no time off
helping customers, renting storages, selling materials that are need for rentals
Productive place to work
Relief Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: health care
Cons: short breaks and homeless people
Well we had to start on paperwork and then start cleaning and walk the permitter and my co-workers were great to work with and i did not enjoy this job due to me calling and calling customers.
Productive and fun workplace
Relief manager/Front desk (Current Employee), Long Island, New YorkJuly 12, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: work all weekend
My typical day at work could have always been different depending on the property I was managing that day. I would start off my morning by printing daily morning reports and handling the cash. I was in charge of the property and the cleanliness of it as well. I would do sales and focus on customer service. I learned a lot from this company. I had previous time management skills before this but this job definitely taught me many more time management skills. I worked with several different co-workers since in my district there were nine different properties. The hardest part about the job was probably when you worked at a property alone and it was incredibly busy. Every little you do the office had to be locked up. The most enjoyable part about my job was that I was constantly seeing new faces, being either co-workers or new customers.
relief/property manager
Property Manager (Former Employee), Glendale, CAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: living on properties if they have an apartment
Cons: scripts that are constantly tested on verbatem
worked at 9 different locations cleaned facilities, sales in moving supplies in month to month rentals in storage spaces, some administration duties but customer service issues
Job security and great employees to work with
Property Manager (Former Employee), Pasadena, MdJuly 2, 2014
Pros: relationships with coworkers and district manager, friendly atmosphere, great training program with an awesome trainer, great sick/holiday/vacation pay, all full-time positions
Cons: incentive program, 9-6 shift, high rotation with upper management
I enjoyed my time with Public Storage very much. I loved the people I worked with including all of the upper management. Public Storage is great for self starters, I took great pride in the properties I worked at. I treated them as my own property. It feels great when your bosses recognize the hard work and achievements you've accomplished. I also really enjoyed the goals being set every month...it gave us property managers something to work towards each month besides offering the best customer service. The hardest part would be dealing with maintenance issues that the property managers weren't able to take care of.
Customer Service, Sales and Collections
Resident Property Manager (Current Employee), Bloomington, CAJune 30, 2014
Pros: living onsite
Cons: short breaks and compensation
A day at Public Storage includes helping customers, via phone and walk in, cash handling and generating new customers. I am able to work indoor and outdoor. I clean units and property everyday and maintain a high level of security. Responsible for documenting all communication between manger and customer. Keep District Manager up to speed on daily operations of property. I have become more confident to present and sale services and merchandise. Co-workers are an essential part of the job to help you with questions to policy or customer questions.The hardest part of the job is meeting required percentages of merchandise sales, delinquent accounts and rented spaces. The most enjoyable part is being able to help people in a time of need.
Ok place to work
Property Manager/Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 30, 2014
Pros: nice people to work with
Did not like to rent trucks. Ok workplace.
Busy, working with nice folks
You're going nowhere fast
Relief Manager (Current Employee), Concord, CAJune 29, 2014
Pros: coworkers are cool
Cons: go nowhere, deal with idiot bosses
Hired as a relief manager. All you can do is become a property manager, and go no higher. They cut your pay $2 and give you an apt on site, so you get to live at work. management is a bunch of sheisty number driven morons who don't care about anything but themselves. don't get stuck here. oh, and at some locations you literally clean up fecal matter. often.
Not a good place to work at
Relief Manager (Current Employee), Griffith, INJune 22, 2014
Pros: nice starting pay
Cons: always short staffed
A typical work day is getting all set up by running reports and opening up the store. The management teams is not a good team my co workers were ok but lazy because they been there longer they get away with a lot of things. the hardest part of the job was been rude to the customer. the most enjoyable was helping out the customer
If anyone ask me how do i rate my job with public storage.
Property Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJune 13, 2014
Pros: what pros there are none.
Cons: they promise bonus's you will never get, u don't get raises unless ............
typcial day is meeting and greeting customers, renting units, selling packing supplies. i learned how happy i am helping customers, my store was close to the university and that was an experience meeting students and their famlies. i met a few local famous people as well. Like the number one baseball coach.
most of my coworkers were good people, made good friends with them. the hardest part was those stupid scripts we had to learn and when we got those down pat they a word or two and u had to learn it again. WE DON'T TALK LIKE THAT HERE IN THE SOUTH. seeing management every week was just an interuption in my day. some were nice some were bull dogs, some of the regional district manager needed to stay in his old job.
the best part of the job was meeting the customers, making friends with them and getting off every day at 6 pm.

About Public Storage

Since the beginning, Public Storage has been and remains the self storage industry experts. Our founders, Wayne Hughes and Ken – Read more

Public Storage Salaries