Public Works Employee Reviews

Public Works
Truck Driver machine operator (Former Employee) –  Crowley, LADecember 23, 2015
I had fun learning a couple of new trades with getting to know a few exceptional people along the way. The Supervisory team left a lot to be desired when it came to professionalism,
Typical day at work
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 3, 2015
A typical day at work involves 10 -15 calls from constituents or other departments regarding work requests. Director assigns tasks to prepare for upcoming meetings or information about past events. Also receive emails from other departments to schedule meetings with Director or assist with resolving issues they receive from residents. Maintain physical and electronic files for personnel, accidents, as well as other matters.
Pros
Work without supervision
very nice people, caring and safe work environment
Village worker (Former Employee) –  Sauk Village, ILOctober 6, 2015
I give Sauk Village Public Works 2 thumbs up great management, team work and love for the village they show is great. learned to change street lights, my co worker are awesome. the hardest part of the job was tree cutting.
Pros
friendly people, well rounded staff
Cons
n/a
Working with full time employees and assisting them in the day to day work that had to be done for the public
Full-Time Summer Help (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILAugust 24, 2015
Working for public works is one of the best jobs I have had. I learned a lot all the way from hands on work, to customer service and organization and recording of work details
Nice place to work
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, NCAugust 8, 2015
I enjoyed helping the public here because it showed them that I was there to give them assistance when they needed it. I made sure that the trucks were out to prepare broken water mains or to fix anything that was wrong. I also made sure that all of the messages that needed to be delivered were.
Pros
Helping the public
Cons
Public Works. Worked and helped the community.
Road Technician (Former Employee) –  Leola, PAJuly 3, 2015
Multiple tasks. Roadmaster for 2 years. Worked in Roads Dept., Sewer Dept., Water Dept., Community Pools, Parks and Maintenance of buildings. Public Works is running a town and all it's daily functions. To much to list.
Pros
Great job helping and serving the community.
enjoyable job
City of Raton (Former Employee) –  Raton, NMApril 7, 2015
typical day consists of cleaning alleyways, driving dump trucks, and spreader trucks, management was good management. working with coworkers was enjoyable. the hardest part of the job was cleaning alleyway without any tools etc.
Pros
compansation was great
Cons
the labor
Working for public works was always a busy and fun day
maintenance worker (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIMarch 26, 2015
Typical day of work was fixing and paving streets. Some days I would mow, edging, and weed eat the medians in the streets. Co- workers made the work place enjoyable and stress free. The job was never really hard. Everyone worked together. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people I worked with. Never was boring or stressful.
Best Job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 25, 2015
We would go from yard to yard making sure that it was decent. We did about 15 yards a day. I learned to work a weed eater and a lawn mower.
Public Works
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CaJanuary 30, 2015
A work day at Public Works was always fun , I learn alot working there . Public Works taught me how to answer phone to doing Data Entry. The staff and boss were very friendly and they didn't make it hard to work there .
Pros
free lunch, long breaks, great working space
Not a bad place to work, just understaffed
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, ILDecember 9, 2014
I learned how to lead people, set goals for the week. Manage employees. Hardest part of job was trying to manage day to day operations for the village being understaffed. Enjoyable co workers, just not very driven for success. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be independent and the hours were amazing.
supplied water whenever needed
Public works (Former Employee) –  Monee, ILDecember 2, 2014
A typical day at work starts with a pep talk from the boss then heading off in our trucks to do our work. i learned to work safely and efficiently. management did there best to keep up to speed with everything and my co-workers were nothing but cooperative and outgoing. the hardest part of my job trying to get as much work done in the day. what i enjoyed most about this job is being outdoors.
Good working environment
Public Works Specialist (Current Employee) –  Victoria,TxOctober 9, 2014
Excellent management staff and coworkers. Team work is key and everyone works together all day every day to accomplish common goals.
Pros
excellent people to work with
Cons
pay is less than desirable for amount of work done.
Productive company
Laborer (Former Employee) –  South Lyon, MISeptember 16, 2014
I enjoyed working for this company and it was managed very well. I learned how to use chain and pullsaws and run woodchippers. It was very laborous and taught me alot about self discipline. The hardest part of the job was how hard the physical labor was. The most enjoyable part was i got ALOT of exercise.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
its so cold and so much snow in michigan it made for long days in the wintertime.
All bussines
Senior Mantinance Worker (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAAugust 25, 2014
Retired after 22 years Public Works for Chula Vista,Ca There were good times and bad times ,learned my task given me,some co-worker great and some difficult. No hard part of my job.Most enjoyable part were friendship's made on job!
Pros
great salary and good vacation time.
Cons
health care excellent
Active
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Crandall, TXAugust 14, 2014
It was a great place to work. The employees and the the citizens were nice. Everyone came together to get the job done as soon as it was possible
Hardwork
City Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHAugust 12, 2014
A typical day of work in this field would insist of me coming to work and clocking in. Then I would go to every city park, City hall recreation center, library, local business and parking lots cleaning up the grounds, trimming trees, bushes and cutting grass as well. We even cleaned off brand spots. Anything that was owned by the city of Cleveland Heights we cleaned it and kept it looking presentable.
Pros
it was a workout
Cons
i didnt have enough hours
Mower,liner (Former Employee) –  Century, FLJuly 22, 2014
A typical day at wal-mart was you had to bring your A game smiles for the customers. Meaning you wanted to show them that this was/is the place to shop til you drop
City of Leawood is a good place to work for some people
Concrete crew (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSMay 5, 2014
I gained a class A and B CDL drivers licenses and gained many skills regarding concrete curb removal. I have a year of experience with a B CDL license and 2 months with my A CDL license. My CDL endorsements are tanker, combination and air brakes.
Pros
gained a free cdl license
Cons
poor supervisers
A fun Internship
Civil Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Casselberry, FLApril 23, 2014
Working for the city as an intern was an entertaining experience. I would balance working indoors as a designer and outside as a construction supervisor. There was a great change for networking and the possibility for future employment.