Public

Public Employer Reviews

great workplace
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 7, 2013
Public is a great place to work in many ways. my co workers were very friendly and they made the job very fun. While on the job nothing was hard all my tasks were very easy to me. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping the customers.
See Resume
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 24, 2012
Manage and coordinate the daily activities Front Office and Guest Services departments for the property including guest registration; room assignment; billing and checkout procedures.
Oversee the activities and monitor the performance of the front office staff.
Prepare and administer the departmental budget for the front office.
Ensure that group arrival; – more... registration and check-out specifications and needs are executed.
Partner with Convention Services and Sales to coordinate front desk scheduling and activities based on group arrival.
Handle guest complaints and ensure that all guest issues are resolved.
Partner with operational departments to ensure execution of special requests.
Ensure cash bank and cash handling procedures are maintained.
Monitor all front office support systems to ensure maximum productivity.
Monitor Daily performance of Front Desk staff. Supervision duties include hiring; training; scheduling; assigning daily tasks; evaluating performance and terminating.
Ensure VIP arrival through departure for Leisure & Group Guests is executed flawlessly.
Follow and enforce all Gaylord Hotel credit policies.
Have Knowledge of and assist in all emergency procedures as required.
Providing coaching and written or verbal documentation of positive and or corrective feedback to Front Desk agents.

Post charges (e.g. telephone calls; food; valet parking; transportation shuttle; etc.) to guest accounts.

Present guests with an accurate account balance at time of departure. Collect payment for services rendered.

Maintain a house bank of predetermined amount. Balance house bank at the end of each shift.

Maintain current information in the Reservations system. Answer incoming calls from guests and potential guests to assist with reservations as required.

Maintain accurate logbooks of mail; packages; parcels; and miscellaneous items for delivery or pick-up.

Maintain current knowledge of local area; attractions and events.

Manage the Front Office and Housekeeping departments;

Ensure that Bell Services; PABX and Guest Services are providing prompt; courteous and efficient customer service to all guests within hotel standards. – less
Very Interesting and required attention and expertise.
Accountant and Insurance Producer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 12, 2012
Pros: professional environment.
Cons: getting work.
I was a free lance Accountant. Selling Insurance was part of my duties. It was per hour billing and commissions. I learned much about human nature.

Clients came in to discuss their financial problems and I solved them
with my accounting knowledge and /or insurance products.

Getting clients was the hardest part of the position and solving their problems – more... was the best part of the position. – less
Support Person/Administive Assistant
Administrative Assistant/Support Person (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 4, 2012
Being productive on a daily basis,completng the task, assistnt when called upon. work in a priority manner, Being a team player.
Public institution good but not career developmet
Professor in economies professional high school (Former Employee), SkopjeAugust 5, 2014
Five day per week from Monday-Friday
Teaching pupils management and organization
Social and Professional
Business Owner (Former Employee), Amiens, B6October 22, 2013
Business, or the best way to deal with others and to know how to have a social contact and attraction.

Helped me to know how to sell and to communicate with costumers.
A challenging career
Part time English teacher (Former Employee), Daraa , SyriaAugust 8, 2013
A challenging career opportunity where I can fully utilize my capabilities and skills within a professional environment.

My preference goes towards being attached to a work environment where I can put my bilingual abilities (Arabic & English) into action and deliver an excellent support to my employer.
This was for me a period of strong creativity and high level of team leading.
Vice Governor North Province (Former Employee), KigaliAugust 5, 2013
Pros: making things in interactive manner
Cons: the period was asking more sacrifice and conviction than any other thing.
Imagine to be a Vice Governor after a war and a genocide. I was recreating a kind of new society from a certain chaos. This was asking actions and attitude somehow special when i remember how difficult and complex was the society to be managed.
Entertaining, challenging and rewarding to work for the Public.
Visitor Assistant (Current Employee), West BromwichDecember 11, 2012
Pros: entertainment, arts and meeting various members of the public.
Cons: flexible hours and challenging
I am currently working for The Public art gallery as a Visitor assistant whereas my role required strong interpersonal, customer service and communication skills, for dealing with customers on the phone and face to face, taking booking, selling tickets, promoting the Public and distributing leaflets. I enjoy meeting and greeting people and talking to – more... them about our current events and exhibitions which are on now! – less
Mixed Way of Working
Mac Artworker (Former Employee), Doncaster, South YorkshireJuly 31, 2012
Pros: free tea and coffee, social events
Cons: communication
My time spent at Public was without a doubt educational. I will always be grateful for the knowledge and people I have come to gain. Unfortunately there wasn't enough room to grow for the individual but nonetheless a great company to work for while it lasted.
Makers show na de werktijd: eten, muziek maken, spelen, caraoke,etc.
Multilateral development expert, consultant (Current Employee), InternationalDecember 10, 2013
Pros: teambuilding in de natuur
Cons: beperkte mobiliteit
Let´s make instead of take or break. Dit is een filosofie dat maakt een bedrijf of werknemer meer duurzaam, flexibel, productief en sociaal. In onze tijd van onverschilligheid en kleinzieligheid dit is een formule voor duurzaamheid en succesvolle loopbaan van werkgever en werknemer, een positieve evenwicht.
Gezellige werksfeer
Grafisch vormgever (Former Employee), BirminghamAugust 16, 2012
Pros: ontzettend "chille" werksfeer!
Cons: er is geen stagevergoeding
Iedereen is heel open tegen elkaar en aardig. Een slecht woord zul je de Engelsen niet horen zeggen.
De sfeer is rustig. Er staat geen druk achter het werk. "Het komt wel goed, doe maar rustig aan", is wat ze zeiden. Je hebt veel lof van het werk dat je verricht, aangezien je het overal in het gebouw en de omgeving tegenkomt.
Ik heb veel geleerd over – more... de opmaak van het drukwerk en de omgang met de klant.
Het moeilijkste was wanneer niemand de oplossing voor een probleem wist. Het duurde soms lang voordat ik de oplossing had gevonden.
Als er problemen waren onderling werden die eerst voorgelegd aan de eerste partij. Daarna werd er een oplossing gezocht naar de onenigheid.
Het leukste waren toch echt de mensen! De sfeer was geweldig! Bedankt allemaal! – less