Public Employee Reviews

friendly workplace
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Santa ana caMay 5, 2015
very friendly work place. Family owned company. small company just the owner and i worked. very fast placed job. a lot of filling.
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: kept me busy.
Cons: office out by warehouse and a bit chilly in winter.
I enjoyed working for Public Service because I was kept busy and felt productive. I made contact with other Public Service offices throughout Colorado. Received their work orders and processed them. Collected all the data input from the other two departments and processed.
The managers allowed me to come in later than the others and stay later because I was a temp. and needed to take kids to school.
Public Service
Public Relations Consultant (Former Employee), Islip, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: people, phone calls
Cons: boss, angry walk ins
Working for Town is always a good thing. It was fun while it lasted it was summer program that I did
I Got to learn Filing
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 26, 2014
Pros: good learning exiperence.
Cons: i was only able to work a few hours a day.
I was able to put something of the things I learned in high school. Like filing, putting things in alphabetical order.
Enjoyable position that allows student/faculty interaction and mentoring
Interim Graduate Coordinator (Current Employee), Jackson, MSOctober 22, 2014
Pros: developing programs, securing state appropriations, teaching and providing hands-on training.
Cons: low salaries and the lack of sustained leadership.
Teaching and advising students make this job enjoyable and fulfilling. I am a great teacher who combines hands-on experiences along with theory and critical thinking activities. Broadcasting is my professional background while communications, public policy and administration are my academic disciplines. I am versed in broadcast ethics, law and journalism.

I have learned a great deal while at Jackson – more... State University. I developed an FCC TV station during my tenure, securing $2 million state appropriations to construct and equip a digital operation, including two studios, a production control room, a master control area, editing bays, several offices and a break/lunch room. That experience allowed me to learn to handle several budgets, hire and manage a TV professional staff, and develop the best hands-on training program for Mass Communications students.

My colleagues at both the TV station and the Department of Mass Communications are highly educated and well trained. Working with them has been delightful and fulfilling. Comradery and collegiality are very important to the culture for Department of Mass Communications.

The most difficult part of the job has been the turnover of chairs. While faculty continues to achieve in the areas of teaching, research, service and advising; leadership has been the weakness of the department. It has cost faculty success in becoming tenured and promoted, because the emphasis had to be on searching for new chairs or assisting them when they arrived. There was little time to research. Reducing our efficient Service to our students was not an option.

Student and alumni success, by far, is the most enjoyable and fulling aspect of the job. We have trained and educated hundreds of students through the years. To know that many of them are successful professionals in the communication field, lets me know that my work as an educator has not been in vain. I cherish the many opportunities I have had to serve young people. Their success is my success! – less
Babysitter
Babysitter (Former Employee), everywere las vegas NVOctober 1, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: weekends off
Typical day at work was just reading books, puzzles, coloring and going to the park. Every baby and kid is different, management was easy going. I had no co-worker just me and kids. The hardest part of my job would be when a baby would be sick and baby couldnt tell me how he was feeling. The babies and kids were the most enjoyable and funnest part of my job.
Quiet, friendly, fastpaced environment
Intern Librarian (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYMarch 19, 2013
Stocked, reviewed and organized all sections of the library
Greeted customers, assisted customers with finding merchandise and questions
Entered books into computer system and updated files as needed
great workplace
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 7, 2013
Public is a great place to work in many ways. my co workers were very friendly and they made the job very fun. While on the job nothing was hard all my tasks were very easy to me. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping the customers.
See Resume
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 24, 2012
Manage and coordinate the daily activities Front Office and Guest Services departments for the property including guest registration; room assignment; billing and checkout procedures.
Oversee the activities and monitor the performance of the front office staff.
Prepare and administer the departmental budget for the front office.
Ensure that group arrival; registration and check-out specifications and – more... needs are executed.
Partner with Convention Services and Sales to coordinate front desk scheduling and activities based on group arrival.
Handle guest complaints and ensure that all guest issues are resolved.
Partner with operational departments to ensure execution of special requests.
Ensure cash bank and cash handling procedures are maintained.
Monitor all front office support systems to ensure maximum productivity.
Monitor Daily performance of Front Desk staff. Supervision duties include hiring; training; scheduling; assigning daily tasks; evaluating performance and terminating.
Ensure VIP arrival through departure for Leisure & Group Guests is executed flawlessly.
Follow and enforce all Gaylord Hotel credit policies.
Have Knowledge of and assist in all emergency procedures as required.
Providing coaching and written or verbal documentation of positive and or corrective feedback to Front Desk agents.

Post charges (e.g. telephone calls; food; valet parking; transportation shuttle; etc.) to guest accounts.

Present guests with an accurate account balance at time of departure. Collect payment for services rendered.

Maintain a house bank of predetermined amount. Balance house bank at the end of each shift.

Maintain current information in the Reservations system. Answer incoming calls from guests and potential guests to assist with reservations as required.

Maintain accurate logbooks of mail; packages; parcels; and miscellaneous items for delivery or pick-up.

Maintain current knowledge of local area; attractions and events.

Manage the Front Office and Housekeeping departments;

Ensure that Bell Services; PABX and Guest Services are providing prompt; courteous and efficient customer service to all guests within hotel standards. – less
Very Interesting and required attention and expertise.
Accountant and Insurance Producer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 12, 2012
Pros: professional environment.
Cons: getting work.
I was a free lance Accountant. Selling Insurance was part of my duties. It was per hour billing and commissions. I learned much about human nature.

Clients came in to discuss their financial problems and I solved them
with my accounting knowledge and /or insurance products.

Getting clients was the hardest part of the position and solving their problems was the best part of the position.
Support Person/Administive Assistant
Administrative Assistant/Support Person (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 4, 2012
Being productive on a daily basis,completng the task, assistnt when called upon. work in a priority manner, Being a team player.