Public Employee Reviews in United States

Little advancement hire interns and mellenials for nothing
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago ILFebruary 20, 2016
Small Small Botique Hotel In Gold Coast Knew someone who apllied called in HR director SMILES and says Did we MEntion it is UnPaid:~) on the bright side now they tell you that it is unpaid. I do not know. When an Intern is signing a rejection letter I think that is Managements or Directors Job NOT and Interns JOB
Pros
Allows one to act like management
Cons
Gold coast expensive to get there to and from
the best to my abilitiy
tool room specialist (Current Employee) –  Waterflow, NMJanuary 20, 2016
good. if wasn't I wouldn't have spent 30 years here.
the people are good. the work is some time dirty.and some time too long
Friendly workplace and collabrate
intern (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 7, 2016
Communication is the only way to get the job done in this company.
Friendly workplace and working together. Two or more engineers collaborate to solve problems.
Cons
healthcare
this was an okay place to work if you have a completely open schedule
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJuly 8, 2015
good place to work if you have open schedule. if you have anything else to do, manangement will not cooperate with your personal life
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 29, 2015
I enjoyed working for Public Service because I was kept busy and felt productive. I made contact with other Public Service offices throughout Colorado. Received their work orders and processed them. Collected all the data input from the other two departments and processed.
The managers allowed me to come in later than the others and stay later because I was a temp. and needed to take kids to school.
Pros
kept me busy.
Cons
office out by warehouse and a bit chilly in winter.
friendly workplace
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa ana caMay 5, 2015
very friendly work place. Family owned company. small company just the owner and i worked. very fast placed job. a lot of filling.
Babysitter
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  everywere las vegas NVOctober 1, 2014
Typical day at work was just reading books, puzzles, coloring and going to the park. Every baby and kid is different, management was easy going. I had no co-worker just me and kids. The hardest part of my job would be when a baby would be sick and baby couldnt tell me how he was feeling. The babies and kids were the most enjoyable and funnest part of my job.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
weekends off
Public Service
Public Relations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Islip, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Working for Town is always a good thing. It was fun while it lasted it was summer program that I did
Pros
people, phone calls
Cons
boss, angry walk ins
Very Interesting and required attention and expertise.
Accountant and Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 12, 2012
I was a free lance Accountant. Selling Insurance was part of my duties. It was per hour billing and commissions. I learned much about human nature.

Clients came in to discuss their financial problems and I solved them
with my accounting knowledge and /or insurance products.

Getting clients was the hardest part of the position and solving their problems was the best part of the position.
Pros
professional environment.
Cons
getting work.
I Got to learn Filing
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 26, 2014
I was able to put something of the things I learned in high school. Like filing, putting things in alphabetical order.
Pros
good learning exiperence.
Cons
i was only able to work a few hours a day.
great workplace
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 7, 2013
Public is a great place to work in many ways. my co workers were very friendly and they made the job very fun. While on the job nothing was hard all my tasks were very easy to me. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping the customers.
Quiet, friendly, fastpaced environment
Intern Librarian (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMarch 19, 2013
Stocked, reviewed and organized all sections of the library
Greeted customers, assisted customers with finding merchandise and questions
Entered books into computer system and updated files as needed
Support Person/Administive Assistant
Administrative Assistant/Support Person (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 4, 2012
Being productive on a daily basis,completng the task, assistnt when called upon. work in a priority manner, Being a team player.
Enjoyable position that allows student/faculty interaction and mentoring
Interim Graduate Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 22, 2014
Teaching and advising students make this job enjoyable and fulfilling. I am a great teacher who combines hands-on experiences along with theory and critical thinking activities. Broadcasting is my professional background while communications, public policy and administration are my academic disciplines. I am versed in broadcast ethics, law and journalism.

I have learned a great deal while at Jackson State University. I developed an FCC TV station during my tenure, securing $2 million state appropriations to construct and equip a digital operation, including two studios, a production control room, a master control area, editing bays, several offices and a break/lunch room. That experience allowed me to learn to handle several budgets, hire and manage a TV professional staff, and develop the best hands-on training program for Mass Communications students.

My colleagues at both the TV station and the Department of Mass Communications are highly educated and well trained. Working with them has been delightful and fulfilling. Comradery and collegiality are very important to the culture for Department of Mass Communications.

The most difficult part of the job has been the turnover of chairs. While faculty continues to achieve in the areas of teaching, research, service and advising; leadership has been the weakness of the department. It has cost faculty success in becoming tenured and promoted, because the emphasis had to be on searching for new chairs or assisting them when they arrived. There was little time to research. Reducing our efficient Service to our students was not
  more... an option.

Student and alumni success, by far, is the most enjoyable and fulling aspect of the job. We have trained and educated hundreds of students through the years. To know that many of them are successful professionals in the communication field, lets me know that my work as an educator has not been in vain. I cherish the many opportunities I have had to serve young people. Their success is my success!
Pros
developing programs, securing state appropriations, teaching and providing hands-on training.
Cons
low salaries and the lack of sustained leadership.
See Resume
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 24, 2012
Manage and coordinate the daily activities Front Office and Guest Services departments for the property including guest registration; room assignment; billing and checkout procedures.
Oversee the activities and monitor the performance of the front office staff.
Prepare and administer the departmental budget for the front office.
Ensure that group arrival; registration and check-out specifications and needs are executed.
Partner with Convention Services and Sales to coordinate front desk scheduling and activities based on group arrival.
Handle guest complaints and ensure that all guest issues are resolved.
Partner with operational departments to ensure execution of special requests.
Ensure cash bank and cash handling procedures are maintained.
Monitor all front office support systems to ensure maximum productivity.
Monitor Daily performance of Front Desk staff. Supervision duties include hiring; training; scheduling; assigning daily tasks; evaluating performance and terminating.
Ensure VIP arrival through departure for Leisure & Group Guests is executed flawlessly.
Follow and enforce all Gaylord Hotel credit policies.
Have Knowledge of and assist in all emergency procedures as required.
Providing coaching and written or verbal documentation of positive and or corrective feedback to Front Desk agents.

Post charges (e.g. telephone calls; food; valet parking; transportation shuttle; etc.) to guest accounts.

Present guests with an accurate account balance at time of departure. Collect payment for services rendered.

Maintain a house bank of predetermined amount. Balance house bank
  more... at the end of each shift.

Maintain current information in the Reservations system. Answer incoming calls from guests and potential guests to assist with reservations as required.

Maintain accurate logbooks of mail; packages; parcels; and miscellaneous items for delivery or pick-up.

Maintain current knowledge of local area; attractions and events.

Manage the Front Office and Housekeeping departments;

Ensure that Bell Services; PABX and Guest Services are providing prompt; courteous and efficient customer service to all guests within hotel standards.