Publicolor Employee Reviews

Its a calm place to sit and learn about new things.
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 22, 2017
In Exalt Youth , you learn variety of ways to make legal money and teach you things you will need to know for the future such as how to make bad credit good credit and no credit good credit. Also, teach you things about stock marketing and different ways to use computers such as if you would want to build on different types of graphs. I enjoy talking among my mates because its never an argument always debates and you tend to learn easy that way because its never a wrong answer. Throughout the program they connect you with a job you would like to work and see your working skills from there.
Job is what you make it
Staff Assistant/Junior Assistant/Apprentice (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2017
Your experience with PC is what you make it honestly. If you do your job and maintain a positive attitude you will like your job. Remember what you come there to do and everything will be okay.
Really fun volunteership experience!
Apprentice Painter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 1, 2017
I met a lot of great people through Publicolor and we transformed so many schools and even now I still get help from them. They gave me a scholarship to help with my tuition cost. The typical day would begin where I would get a school im assignned to get there on time where they provided breakfast and then we would begin our day priming, cutting, and painting the walls of schools. At times we would have volunteers where we would talk with them and exchange stories and stragties of paintings. then we would have lunch then paint for a little more and then wrap up for the day and get our metrocard and wrap up for the day.
Pros
Free lunch, free metrocards, and painting experience.
Cons
Long work days
Diverse group of students
Semi-professional Painter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 31, 2016
You get a real sense of diversity working here as both the staff members and students are from completely different walks of life. Starting off as a student I can personally attest to the positive environment this nonprofit provides to the youth.
productive
Painter and Student Mentor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 2, 2016
the company is great. i grew up with the people . so i enjoyed every work experience with them.
hardest part of the job is waking up early to travel and paint when your so tired
Good cause
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2015
Changes children lives through the power of painting and really makes sure less fortunate children learn to believe in themselves.
It was a very colorful place to work for.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2015
Office Assistant
• Assisting day-to-day office management.
• Handle cash disbursement and accounting.
• Assisting the Controller with payroll and expense reports
Site Leader
• Manage a term-long painting project at NYC Public School.
• Supervise students and volunteers during the painting process.
• Working with students at school weekly.

I really enjoyed working for this non-profit organization because I was able to enhance my communication skills by interacting with the community.
good
painter (Former Employee) –  new york, NYOctober 14, 2014
It was good. very productive. The staff always got along. It was a fun environment.
Good company to start with.
Painter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2014
This is a good first job although you do not get paid what it is worth.
Pros
Meeting new people at sites.
Cons
Poor pay
Fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 3, 2013
I spoke to young kids about the opportunities of college and how education is a main essential in life.
Cleaned work place, with hard working crew
Security officer (Licensed) (Former Employee) –  Springfield blvd , SO conduit,NYSeptember 22, 2013
It was well organized, we used to work as a team to get works done.I enjoyed working over there.It was my first job in New York.I have learned to get busy, and stop procrastinate.The hardest part of the job is When they asked you to drop everything at the same time.Funny How you cant do 4 thing at the same moment you have to choose one and get the others done after.overall it was a good job.we was doing it because we enjoyed it.
Pros
Free luches
Cons
Short breaks
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2013
Demonstrated acute attention to detail while filing and organizing office paperwork
Excelled in leading and training freshmen office assistants
fun
Fresh Coat Painter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 30, 2012
its very diverse and fun. its very multi cultural i get to lean and discover my co-worker history. every week i work with new volunteer who either volunteer or were capable acepted into the program.
Pros
help me get to college
Cons
n/a