Publishers Circulation Fulfillment Employee Reviews

Third Party Circulation Manager Southwest Region (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 9, 2017
Losing job due to attrition. However, this was a great job, I loved working here despite the long hours including weekends. Very professional and understanding management team.
Productive, great atmosphere to work in
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MANovember 5, 2017
A typical day at work would be me coming into the office and file all the emails that had come in the previous night, I then get a calling file of people that have filed complaints and I call all of them trying to resolve all of their issues. I learned a lot more about the work place environment as well as learning new computer software like ( Excel, Micorsoft Word). The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to resolve all of the subscribers issues.
Stressful and Uncaring
Distribution Manager (Current Employee) –  NJOctober 26, 2017
This is a newspaper distribution company that cares very little about people. Hours are overnight with a work-load that is unrealistic with the time-frame allotted. Benefits have been cut and positions are all salaried with no chance of a short work week. The wear and tear on your vehicle and related vehicle reimbursement does not compensate. Management treats their employees like slaves and micro-manages every task. Management will also make promises that are never kept just to trap you in a position you'd rather not be in.
Pros
N/a
Cons
All of it is not worth the headaches and stress you bring home with you.
Good part time job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Madison, CTOctober 23, 2017
Great second job for extra cash but will kill your car but it doesn't take long to do routs so for a few hours in the am its a good way for some extra money
Stable Job with many oppurtinities to go up
Distribution Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJJuly 10, 2017
Typical day was generating Excel Reports and sending them to upper management and newspaper clients
First getting te data from DB2 tab delimited file and then using macros to complete the job
Cons
too far
Excellent work environment
Distribution Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, NJJuly 4, 2017
Analysis of previous day performance.
Prepare daily report and respond to e-mails
Pre-operation Staff meeting for briefing.
Review of daily game plan.
PDC Fulfillment company
Distribution Generalist (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTJune 6, 2017
I was packaging newspapers and preparing them to be sent out to the customers. It was a grave yard ship and so I had to change jobs due to the fact my wife was having a baby.
Long winters driving your own car. You go at your own pace but must have deliveries done on time.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Northampton, MAMay 24, 2017
Easy for the most part. Stressful during Winter and Storms. Takes a toll on your car driving so many miles 6 days a week but not a bad job. If you follow your route list you will find houses easily and make sure to pay attention to customer notes.The customers are generous and will tip a good delivery man.
worked here for a short while
Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Morganville, NJMay 8, 2017
I enjoyed my time with PCF. I had to leave suddenly but didn't mind my job at all. My manager was also extremely helpful while training me. If I could work in that company again at the pay I'm making now, I would.
Never a dull moment
Distribution Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Valley Cottage, NYApril 26, 2017
A fast-paced environment, that is constantly changing, due to the arrival and distribution of newspapers.
Assignment changes frequently.
Great staff & coworkers.
Room for advancement.
Good support system from management.
Good company benefits.
Pros
Fast-paced environment
Cons
Overnight work
nice place to work closed
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 5, 2017
this job is no longer an option as the company has closed this region's office so I feel like I am really wasting my time typing this all out to satisfy a computer
Fun work environment
Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJApril 3, 2017
This is a great company. The work environment was filled with great people. I leaned excellent customer service at this job. The hardest part of the job was learning to be patient with customers.
Fast pace enviornment.
Assistant Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Township of Randolph, NJMarch 23, 2017
I worked the graveyard shift in a fast paced environment that had clusters of workers interacting. Understanding the different cultures and temperaments of people has taught me how to create a more efficient and safe workplace. Forming small teams with management always propelled us forward during heavy volume times. Working along side with people and supporting each other is what I most enjoyed and hope to find again.
Pros
Hands on very helpful educational work place.
Cons
Dependent on weather conditions.
Great work environment and schedule.
Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJMarch 9, 2017
This location is great to work for, from location of office and hours, to Supervisors, schedules and staff expectations of employees. I enjoyed working there.
Great learning enviroment
Problem Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJMarch 7, 2017
I worked as an escalation specialist. I would come in log on to my phone and started answering emails from customers, distribution centers. Was a great place for advancement.
Nice People
Director, DSP Relations; Director, HR (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDNovember 22, 2016
The staff at PCF are friendly and very diverse. Management has a tendency to be micro-managers and adverse to moving from ingrained ideas. The industry is declining and as such the company is changing the structure and approach to the business resulting with a major re-organization/downsizing.
Pros
Freindly down to earth staff
Cons
Declining industry
Was basically my own boss.
Driver/Installer (Current Employee) –  Port Jervis, NYJune 25, 2016
The only reason that I left that job was because it was very rough on my vehicles. The depot manager was very nice and very helpful. One thing that I did not like was that the papers were late very often.
fast pace
Distribution generalist (Former Employee) –  Garfield, NJMay 2, 2016
work was always at a fast pace because this a newspaper company
i learned how to manage time and how i complete work assignments
management was down to earth and easy to talk too
their wasn't any difficult aspects to the job
Pros
flexible
Cons
scheduling
Pay insufficient for consistency
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAFebruary 8, 2016
The overall job was a challenge due to the fact that i was involved with schooling and other side jobs simultaneously. For the value, did not meet the expectations for a worker to make it a full time career
Good job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 20, 2016
Answer inbound technical support requests calling for assistance with issues regarding the New York Times newspaper and digital products. Also walked the floor assisting newer agents in performing their job dudes and led focus groups to improve performance on the floor.