Publishers Circulation Fulfillment Employee Reviews

Was basically my own boss.
Driver/Installer (Current Employee) –  Port Jervis, NYJune 25, 2016
The only reason that I left that job was because it was very rough on my vehicles. The depot manager was very nice and very helpful. One thing that I did not like was that the papers were late very often.
fast pace
Distribution generalist (Former Employee) –  Garfield, NJMay 2, 2016
work was always at a fast pace because this a newspaper company
i learned how to manage time and how i complete work assignments
management was down to earth and easy to talk too
their wasn't any difficult aspects to the job
Pros
flexible
Cons
scheduling
Friendly, Positive Work Environment
Client Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJDecember 11, 2015
This is your typical office job. A lot of data entry, some customer service, a lot of emailing with clients and depots. Most people at the office are very friendly and helpful. Everyone works together as a team. Management could be more effective in motivating employees. The hardest part of the job is getting all the work completed by end of day, most enjoyable part of the job is all the great people who work here.
Pros
Flexible schedules, laid back environment, friendly employees
Cons
Benefits aren't great, no advancement opporitunities
Good job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 20, 2016
Answer inbound technical support requests calling for assistance with issues regarding the New York Times newspaper and digital products. Also walked the floor assisting newer agents in performing their job dudes and led focus groups to improve performance on the floor.
Pay insufficient for consistency
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAFebruary 8, 2016
The overall job was a challenge due to the fact that i was involved with schooling and other side jobs simultaneously. For the value, did not meet the expectations for a worker to make it a full time career
good place to work due to the diversity of the calls
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 19, 2015
If you started in the morning most calls were about missed deliveries, then thru the day you would process payments and have a chance to upsell new or additional products. The calls later in the day or evening were basically trouble shooting or resolving earlier delivery issues. I found management to be fair.
Pros
We got to go home if call volume allowed
Cons
There was no way to follow up to ensure consumer issues were met.
Fantastic employer, fun place to work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, IlApril 4, 2014
PCF was a fantastic employer. They ensured we maintained a family based environment and keep us upbeat. They provided us with education daily and ensured feedback on a weekly basis. We were and inbound call center in which they provided us with three breaks a day and a one hour lunch break. While employed, I learned how to handle irate customers. I was also given the team lead role and further advancement was in the near future, until the sudden closure of our location.
Pros
healthcare, location and hours
Cons
n/a
Publishers Circulation Fulfillment
Lead Distribution Generalist (Former Employee) –  queens,nyNovember 21, 2013
My day started at 1:00am inputting information in the computer and cross checking incoming materials versus the material we have listed
for that day's operation. The best part of the day is when everything checks out and you have no shortages. The hardest part may be when the distributions trucks arrive late or arrive with shortages. When this happens the necessary calls are made and the coworkers band together to make a bad situation better by communicating and working together as a team.
Nice friendly enviroment
Special Services/Web Agent (Current Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJApril 19, 2012
The job is great, I get along with everyone and my managers and Team Leaders are great as well. THere is constant communication I have even developed personal friendships outside of work with a few people. The company is shutting down and filtering the work to other call centers and this call center will be closed for they are laying off 85 people. My department is the first to go June 29, 2012 with the last of the departments in January 2013.

If it was not for the company laying me off I would have stayed here but I need to survive they did give us enough time to get things in order, that is why I say they are a good company.
productive fun place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 20, 2013
• Responsibilities include: inform customers and prospective customers of current events taking place, creates and updates database records, records and scans payments, follow-through on, requests or complaints; resolve issues promptly; place follow-up telephone calls to customers as necessary, address questions/concerns and garner financial support, and generate new commitments and renewing commitments from prior subscribers.
This job was very great for me , this job gave me a chance to become a great customer service rep.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 13, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job was coming to work with my co-workers and helping our customers and assisting with anything i could do to help them. The hardest part of my job i would have to say would be having all the right answers for the customer if they were upset . I learned how to deal with Irate customers on a daily and how to be polite and try to understand a customers needs. A typical day at work would be dealing with happy and unhappy customers enjoying my co-workers and going above and beyond to ensure my customers are happy with my service. Management was very helpful they went above and beyond to make sure we had the proper help.
Pros
great pay and overtime
Cons
short breaks
Never a dull moment
Operations Manager (Home Delivery Manager) (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYNovember 30, 2013
I learned alot from being a manager for PCF. It has helped me hone my managerial skills. In 14 years with the company I learned about the different types of personalities that there are in the world. My co-workers were nice. There were no really hard parts of the job.
Pros
Employee Appreciation Day
Cons
The hours of operations were very hard. I worked from 1 AM to 9 AM
Great Co-workers
Agent, Contact Center (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 27, 2013
Great Co-workers, and management. Interesting customer base, learned a great deal about circulation and deliveries. Hardest part of the job is soft sales(upgrades or convincing people to keep their service).
Pros
Great Co-workers, and management
Cons
Payroll department constantly making mistakes in commissions and overtime, SITE CLOSED
Good pay, short hours
Delivery service provider (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, NYAugust 7, 2013
PCF inc. is a great place to work and pays well if you deliver a lot of papers on your route. You can make good money only working 3-4 hours a day. Only downside I would say is not having a nightlife due to the fact you work 7 days a week including all major holidays during the night time.
Pros
Good pay, Short hours
Cons
No days off, No night life
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 28, 2013
At PCF I was a call center representative for 2 years before advancing to the administrative/dispatch department and where the managers always made our day bright by playing games to get more stop saves and always had incentatives.
Pros
free lunches on fridays
Cons
expensive healthcare
Driving more then asked and very long hours
Distribution generalist (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJDecember 5, 2013
-Long work hours overnight and driving for long periods of time

-management treats you unfair

-co-workers got along with and worked well with them

-hardest part of the job was asked to drive more miles then expected

-most enjoyable parts is finishing and going home and sleeping
Fun, calm work enviroment
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  EsteroMay 12, 2014
I can go into work and just start my job. There is no need to ask question. You go in grab your stuff get started and head out to go deliver. The only down fall I had was I got into an accident, that has nothing to do with the job though. Everything else was great.
Pros
free supplies
Cons
vehicle wear and tear
Laid back yet great people and fun
Assistant Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 7, 2015
I loved working for PCF. The people were great and although few employees we all enjoyed our work and each other. Very busy place to work with early morning hours.
New York Times CCR
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FloridaOctober 11, 2013
Fun place to work, but job security is awful! I assisted customers with making changes, creating and cancelling New York Times subscriptions accounts. I also did trouble shooting on digital online New York Times accounts.
Pros
understanding management
Cons
No job security
Overall Average Workplace
HR Assistant/Facilities Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 18, 2012
Workplace lacks structure and organization from all levels. Everyone is nice and very easy to work with. I have no issues with my current position except that I am not being pushed to my full potential. I am capable of much more than what is set in front of me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Publishers Circulation Fulfillment. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8