Publix Distribution Employee Reviews

fun job
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJuly 21, 2015
The environment was friendly and there were always something to do. There were friendly people on the job and the manager was really kind. I enjoyed my job a lot.
Productive fast paced work place
Dock Coordinator (Former Employee), Dacula, GAJuly 18, 2015
Pros: advancement, stock
Cons: n/a
Fun work place with supportive management and great opportunities to advance. I've started at a entry level position in 2007 and worked my way all the way to a career position by 2013. All my supervisors and peers helped me the grow and move up my whole career at Publix.
Rewarding place to work for
Inventory Control Coordinator/Warehouse Selector (Current Employee), Dacula, GAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, great benefits, good hours
A typical day at work begins with a start up meeting updating and informing us of any changes occurring, and providing us with the workload of the day. Working for publix teaches you a lot about punctuality, hard work, and reliability. The managers are very active and try to be personal and understanding. The co-workers are publix enthusiast and work hard.
great place to work a lot of overtime.
selector (Current Employee), Dacula, GAJune 19, 2015
great place to work a lot of overtime. great place to work a lot of overtime. great place to work a lot of overtime.great place to work a lot of overtime.
Not a good fit for seasoned managers
Selector (Current Employee), Dacula, GAJune 15, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: Sweat shop work environment
Start from the bottom and work up. Great opportunity for recent high school graduates through young thirties. Not a job/career to transfer into after acquiring several years of managerial experience outside the Publix DC warehouse.
Cool place to work, Great Management
Warehouse Person (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 9, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch, Great Atmosphere, Caring maagement
Cons: pay for certain positions
Love working for Publix Distibution Center. Only issue i have is the pay for the warehouse workers $11.25 is not enough for the loaders. But overall a fantastic company to work with.
fun
Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 2, 2015
very stable company, great growth opportunities, great benefits and the people and management are great. Publix represents very well and is into quality of their stores and product.
enjoyable
selector (Former Employee), Dacula GaMay 27, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: n/a
We had free lunch every day all you can eat free parking great pay good work place never worked at better company then Publix
Lead Person (Former Employee), Dacula, GAMay 20, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
• Organize and complete all logistical services in the warehouse to ensure all products meet their desired end destination
• Maintain quality control and packaging for each product prior to shipping
Very Productive and fast pace
Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLMay 1, 2015
They will provide you with the safest environment and best benefits. The pay is excellent. No seniority rules. FREE/HOT MEALS every working day.
not a very pleasant place to work
Lead Man - Frozen Foods (Former Employee), Dacula, GAApril 17, 2015
Pros: none no advancement
Cons: yes there are a lot of cons that work there approx 95%
Publix hires 90% convicted felons to receive state tax credits, however felons can't work at retail locations if they did they would scare all shoppers away, Distro center is the closest to Jail I have ever been.

Bad ecomony in 2008 only job I could find at that time to pay my bills
Working with Publix
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee), Dacula, GAMarch 21, 2015
Publix distribution is a greatly respected company. I enjoyed my time there because I learned to protect assets on an industrial level, my co workers and I shared a mutual and respectful work relationship.
Fast paced enviornment
Warehouse Selector (Former Employee), Dacula, GAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: free lunch buffet style
Cons: long hours
Great place to work and advance in. You have the ability to make a good amount to provide for your household. Free lunch buffet style is provided everyday.
good
floor selector (Former Employee), Dacula, GAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: work hard every day
Cons: no sleep
my years and experience in this company is good and it makes me grow to own my company one day
perfect
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Dacula, GAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Publix is a great company to work for and my Co-Workers were pleasant. The Managers are helpful, Publix believes in promoting from within
Warehouse
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLDecember 7, 2014
Great company to work for and oppurtunites are available. Great beneifts.
Cold Storage Warehouse
Selecter (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 7, 2014
It was a great place of employment. You will have lots of different jobs to learn.
the best company to work
Warehouse Selector (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 16, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, perks
Very organized and structured...They care about their employees to the fullest...Free meals, excellent benefits
Productive Unlimited Opportunity
Warehouse Person (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 10, 2014
Very helpful work place. Environment is enjoyable and fast paced.
Productive and understanding
Warehouse Person (Former Employee), Dacula, GAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: 401k, stock
Cons: early, mornings
Publix is by far one of the best companies I have worked for. A typical day at Publix Distribution start off with a daily stretch, then in my department (the return center) I start unloading trailers, loading trailers, and recycle items such as plastic, paper, and wax materials. I have learned the importance of recycling and how money a retail company can really make off recycling everything. Management sometimes are well educated on policies but I guess you gotta take the bad with the good. My co-workers are unique and very with the Publix culture.Hardest part of my job is getting up at 4:00 in the morning.The most in enjoyable apart about my jobs is knowing that every time I get paid I'm investing in my future, because for every $324.00 I earn one share of stock; and now in days stock is just as good as credit if not better.