Publix Warehouse Employee Reviews

Just a pay check
warehouse person (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 19, 2015
Overall this job was ok I worked there as a warehouse person for one year the pay was ok but average management treat the selectors with more respect then other workers the only good thing about this company was the free lunch and my awesome coworkers benefits were also great but not better then some jobs my coworkers were all good people it was just like another job you work 12 hours a day four days a week then clock out nothing special and not some place for a long term career.. But if you like cleaning dirty bathroom toilets mopping in freezing cold and fearing that you'll get fired then go right for it
Pros
Coworkers free lunch
Cons
Mangers work life balance
WAS A WONDERFUL WORKING ENVIROMENT
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GANovember 23, 2015
DURING THIS TIME WE WERE WORKING IN A WAREHOUSE FREEZER AS SELECTORS OF MERCHANDICE. USING LIGHT INDUSTRIAL EQUIPTMENT.
Pros
PAY RATE
Cons
NONE
a great place to work and grow
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 9, 2015
Great place to work with some supportive managers. Rewards for working and being safe. Like all big companies there is politics and red tape to deal with, but that's expected. The most enjoyable part, finding the position that fits you best!
Pros
free shirts, lunches and other items for being safe
Cons
management not on same page
Great place
Freezer Selector (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLOctober 7, 2015
One of the best companies i have ever worked for. I have considered going back as well but time wont allow me. Anyone in pursuit of a promising career but does not really know what they want to do. Get with publix and grow from there.
Good work place
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Miami,FL.October 2, 2015
We Put-away or Replenish a typical day at work, learned to work at a fast pace moving pallets here and there, Love working with Management and also my co-workers. the hardest part of the job was easy as in doing my job and what I enjoy most is when work is done for the day.
Pros
Free Lunch
Great enviroment
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 29, 2015
I was a fresh food specialist responsible for shorts and damages.Packaging fruits and vegetables pulling orders and loading /unloading trucks.
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
Short breaks.
productive environment great place to work
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 7, 2015
Arrive on time and start my day. Prep food,clean area and cook then serve the warehouse at dinner time making sure they got what they needed. Management was alright for the most part. My co-workers was a joy and handful at times but overall I enjoyed working with them. The best part of the day was hearing the workers say the food was good. I think the hardest part was not having all the ingredients to work with. The best part was ending the day knowing you did your best.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health care
Labor
Utility Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 6, 2015
Long hours so there is no time for the family or yourself. Could be a good place for anyone coming out of high school. Other than that it's a start for anyone who looking for work.
Productive and fun place to work. snacks and vending machines available for assoicates.
Flow Rack Selector (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GAJune 24, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Publix. Safe and clean warehouse to work. All Management are cool and easy to work with. All of my co-workers get along with eachother and it is a healthy environment.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short breaks
fast paced warehouse work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 27, 2015
fast paced forklift work . long hours in a refrigerated warehouse. high productivity. concentration to detail and quality of keeping products fresh and in good condition and working in a safe environment.
Pros
pay and available positions
Cons
cold warehouse and night shift hours
Great Opportunity
Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 26, 2015
This Job was an great opportunity for me when I was working there. The pay was good. The hours I work was wondering and really fit into my schedule.
Forklift Operator
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLMay 24, 2015
My typical day will be coming to the warehouse with my uniform on with my steel toe boots, also signing in with the company on paper to let them know im here and what time I arrive also all the employees will huddle up and we will do a stretch when we will be finish with that we will jump on are forklift operator and get to work put a sign on the truck mirror and chop the wheels and some loads will be a two men truck or a one man truck so the dock manager will decide what truck he wants us to do so I will go into the 18 wheeler with my forklift and take it off the truck and break it down to how publix wants it.
Great pay and benefits.
Warehouse selector/Cook (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 22, 2015
Was a great place to work and I'm upset I am no longer employed with the company. Would love to get back in with Publix. Selecting was pretty rough and I really did enjoy working in the Cafe.
temp work
line operator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 30, 2015
my time at publix bakery was a temporary employment position which was a good experience all around good staff and good employees.
Nice Job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 14, 2015
The job is what you make it. You have to put in time and work to move up. The work environment is family oriented so they get along.The management is ok depending on who.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
some management
Productive Warehouse
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 13, 2015
Typical day starts off receiving orders and unloading packages from trucks. I learned how to Maintain a clean work environment by cleaning and maintain equipment used for unloading and loading the inventory. Also, fulfilled orders for drivers and loaded or unloaded trucks daily by hand, two wheeler or pallet jack if one was available or needed. Management pretty much walked around if workers were not working at the pace they wanted. Co-workers were let go and hired just as fast as the work day was over. We all started off as temps until we could get hired on to the job if you were good at your craft or position. The hardest part was trying to get everyone on the same page because it was all about team work. The most enjoyable part was working together to get the work done. As long as everybody was working together the job was going to get done on time.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Constant Breaks
Productive and Great learning experience
Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 1, 2015
Throughout this job I learned a large amount of knowledge about warehouse work and in turn I learned that it was something that I want to do for the rest of my life. I greatly enjoy the hard work and the knowledge that Publix placed into my brain, it is something that I will always have in my mind.
Pros
Great knowledge
Cons
Nothing about this job was a disappointment
really prodoctive base on our performance
Forcklift Driver (Former Employee) –  100 NE 183 st miami fl 33182March 11, 2015
my review is just im aluable to work with any company and to be the best employee they never had and publix is a very good company for people to work with their co-workers they very friendly always try to help you when you need help with what you doing.
For me from what i learn from publix warehouse will help me a lot to any other company i be working for by my skills and also my experiences will push me foeward to contribute to any big company as publix warehouse
Pros
they gave free lunch
Cons
they gives a good 30 minutes breaks
publix sanatation worker
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Ducula,GaMarch 5, 2015
excellant company to work for.took very good care of there employees.very good benefits and wages.would still be there if i did not fracture my thumb.very,very good company to work for.
Pros
free dinners, exellent benefits took very good care of there employees.
Cons
nothing
good place to learn build career
Machine Operator/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  jacksonville flFebruary 28, 2015
great job teaches you how to operate a machine .management is good help you out whenever there's a problem . the most enjoyable part is you can move up and learn more

4.5