Publix Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,649 reviews matching the search
management is in denial
3rd Shift Lead/ blow mold (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GAMay 3, 2016
You work very long hours especially around holidays, and then due to the stores needing supplies, you will work holiday as well.
You have okay benefits, such as stock and insurance.
I really don't recommend this place to anyone, I was a lead on 3rd shift and with no support from management it was difficult to get individuals to care as much as I did about the product, the customer and quality.
Pros
free lunch at cafeteria
Cons
very short breaks, no discount in the publix grocery stores
benefits are good but not worth it if you attend college
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMay 6, 2016
Working with people is difficult enough but your co workers can make things better and worse. A lot gossiping and scandals between managers and employees. I worked in the deli and I tell people to avoid working in that department. Its literally back breaking theres a lot of wear and tear on your shoulders, feet and back. only get 30 minute breaks while the front service gets an hour. most demanding department.
Pros
stock options
Cons
employee management communication
Great place to work if you're okay with flexible hours
Front Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 4, 2016
Publix cares about it's employees and does what they can to see them strive, but, if you work in customer service hours are not guaranteed or stable. You could have a 33 hour work week this week, and then 10 hours the next week. Too unstable. Other than that, I've made great relationships with the people I work with, management included, and with the customers.
Pros
Sometimes we get coupons for free cupcakes
Cons
hours are very inconsistent which makes it hard to predict your paycheck for the upcoming week
It sucks that I did not get the chance to work more.
Hourly support III (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GAMay 12, 2016
I enjoyed working for the company, not the department. Everyone was whiny and complaining. No one was happy and no one was content. A typical day went like this post edit until Produce came down then post edit some more. When produce AM comes down attach backhauls and review it. Then post edit some more. I learned never to mispunch. The hardest part of the job is to be there. The most enjoyable part of the job is to go on vacation.
Pros
free stock, flexible hours
Cons
not enough time between mispunches
Great for students or managers.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 13, 2016
I started working here in High School and continued into college. They are really great in allowing you to be extremely flexible with your schedule, particularly as a part-timer. They give you regular raises every six months and have decent pay, though the pay is far from great. As a part-timer, the only real benefit you have is stock options. Though, the stock is really great. Publix seems to be very cutthroat when it comes to advancement in management, and it seemed that no one was there to try and help you up the ladder. If you do ever get into management then it is a very lucrative career.
Easy and enjoyable
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Key West, FLMay 17, 2016
As a bakery clerk, a typical day consists of packaging bread, taking care of customers' needs, and cleaning up at the end of the day.
Management works well with employees, and the co-workers are generally happy. Waiting on customers can be enjoyable as well as challenging. At times it gets busy, so we must all take a break from our tasks, and help the customers. There are times when only one person works, who must wait on more than one customer, which can be stressful. Overall, working as a bakery clerk is a fun and easy job.
Customer Service Team Leader
Customer Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Taylors, SCMay 19, 2016
The main support role of the CSTL is to be responsible for the operation of front end. This allows mgmt and office staff to then function according to their roles. CSTLs are responsible for pitching in in any area when necessary. Many are cross-trained in other departments. Within customer service departments a CSTL can be seen cashiering, bagging groceries, acting as an office staff, learning managerial duties, handing customer and staff complaints and concerns, new hire paperwork & store orientation. The CSTL does it all.
Flexible Worklace
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAMay 18, 2016
Overall, the company itself is fantastic place to work. There is great opportunity for advancement. The pay is fair and you are given the promise of biannual raises, so long as your work ethic show you to be deserving of such a raise. The most enjoyable part of this job was to be able to interact with and help customers on a daily basis.
The most difficult part of this job varied from store to store based on sales and inventory management.
Pros
Health benefits, 401K, and flexible schedules
Cons
Long shifts, Late nights (Beyond Scheduled times)
Responsibilities
Cashier/Front Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 20, 2016
My responsibilities at Publix as a Cashier was to operate the register, but most importantly I was to provide premiere customer service by smiling, welcoming them into Publix, communicating with customer(s), assisting them around the store, and assuring that customer(s) may feel free to come back to Publix again, where shopping is a pleasure! My achievements at Publix were getting promoted to a cashier within 3 months of employment. I also received a raised and a bonus. Most importantly, occasionally when the general manger is not available, I am responsible to train the new employee.
A great job to grow with the company.
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMay 20, 2016
I was responsible to opening the store at 4 A.M. Had to bake the items and label and put everything out. Used caution of all the allergies. I learned all about food allergies and baking through the Publix training coarse ( paid ). The management was always asking for feedback. My co-workers were kind and always willing to assist. The hardest part of the job was wearing the hair net.
Pros
Pros was working for a company that was in Forbes.
Cons
I loved this company & have nothing bad to say.
Best first job
STOCKER/TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Seminole, FLMay 23, 2016
I started working at publix just bagging groceries and being a cashier. Not soon after this, management recognized my hard work and offered me a spot stocking shelves. I worked in almost every department and was transferred to a new store that was opening because of my experience through the years. They felt a new store opening would give me an opportunity to teach new hires what I had learned. I worked for publix for 8 years and often regret leaving because I enjoyed working there. I learned how to be responsible and also how to manage the stocking of shelves. In addition, I learned how to treat customers and keep them happy so they would continue to come back to our store.
Durable if you want a permanent career with the company
Customer Service Staff (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 27, 2016
Customer Service is essential at all costs.

I love the atmosphere of fully extending a help hand to patrons. We serviced the disabled by assisting in picking up grocery items during their time in the store, escorted customers to their car and unloaded their grocery carts, give adolescents stickers or cookies while the parents are processing the final tab transaction, cleaned and mopped floors throughout the business day, and suggestive sold new items and products.
Pros
Benefits and Raise Increases
Cons
Favoritism and Inconsiderate in cases of injury or deaths.
supermarket
Bagger/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 24, 2016
I come to work early, then clock in on my schedule work day. I learned that multi-tasking makes the job that much easy and it usually helps me get my task for that work done quicker. The boss treated me with respect as he does to all his workers. The hardest things to do at a job is to get my work done and have to pick up another co-workers load that was left. The most enjoyable part of a work day is to know that all your ask gets done before i leave work for that day.
Is a very good company, but may not be good for you.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 27, 2016
I enjoyed working there but unless you are willing to make an invasive personal identity sacrifice and lifestyle commitment to the company they aren't keen on promoting the quality of pay for their part time associates. Be ready to move up or keep them just on the weekends.
Pros
very flexible with school.
Cons
Cuts into healthy sleep patterns, as they cut into hours if you aren't willing to commit to their schedule changes.
The best company to work with!
Stock clerk (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 18, 2016
My time at Publix was the foundation and the building blocks for today and the future, Showing me what it takes to be successful and the mindset and mentality needed to self motivate for the future. I learned countless things a few large are, Problem Solving, Inventory, Direct Sales, Marketing, organizational skills, etiquette. I was very lucky to work with Publix At 14, it has made me a better employee for future companies to come.
Good overall
Assistant Bakery Manager/Baker (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 20, 2016
The company overall is a good company to work for. The benefits and stock purchase plans far outweigh it's competition. However; if you want a home life or time with your loved ones, do not ever go into management. They tend to completely assimilate you and even on your days off will call nearly non stop for answers or help or miscellaneous items.
Pros
Clean, good overall working envirnoment
Cons
Allows little to no time for a personal life
Good Place but strict atmosphere
Store Front Clerk (Current Employee) –  Margate, FLApril 15, 2016
Through out the process of adjusting to this as my first job. They gave me training for two days which help grab essential concepts. Of how to bag and treat a customer in any scenario. Having been prepared i was sent into the floor where i started bagging and was very nervous. Due to the amount of items each customer had and how to bag them. However after a while I have grabbed onto the skills where now in my own opinion its very simple and a nice occupation for some extra money.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Very strict on customer service
Ok to work there if you simply need a second salary.
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  GAApril 13, 2016
Ive worked at Publix almost two years. I have always received good 6 month evaluations. I work hard, always finish my job and always come in when they need me. They will not give you full time despite how hard you work but will hire another part timer and cut your hours. They make promises they never keep. You work 40 hrs whenever they want or need you than get 7 hrs the next week. Not enough for fuel let alone food. Yes they definitely care about their employees
Don't hold your breath, favoritism and sexism is around. Don't work so hard that you get used because you are setting yourself up to go nowhere.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Port Richey, FLApril 13, 2016
It's like every other place, don't let anyone fool you into thinking it's special. It's a grocery store, nothing more nothing less. I won't complain and bad mouth them as that would be immature. However My summary pretty much says it all. It's not just me, I've seen many people go that were better workers than everyone else. People leave managers not jobs.
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 10, 2016
A typical day at Publix would mainly consist of greeting customers and providing great customer service. I learned how to find what customers need in the store. Management was great to work with. They knew who had to do what and how to solve problems with customers. The hardest part of my job would be helping people who speak a different language than me because at that point, I can't really help them if I don't know what they are talking about. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting my paycheck because I get to help out my parents with groceries if they would like or even taking m family out to dinner.
Pros
Extended lunches, flexible schedules
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Publix. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2