Publix

3K reviews

Publix Employee Reviews

Found 2,946 reviews matching the search
Providing the very best products!
Sales/ Customer Service/ Training (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 9, 2016
A typical day is very fast pace. Keeping up with the work load, prioritizing, all while waiting on the multitudes is hard for gratifying all at the same time. The people are my favorite part! Such a wonderful group of individuals.
Pros
know the sales ahead of time
Cons
not enough help
Good place to work.
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Homestead, FLFebruary 8, 2016
Publix is a great place to work especially for it being your first job. They teach you how to work with customers,money and food. You learn value of what things cost. The management is good they work with you and try to help you succeed in life. If you go to school they will work with your schedule. If you have multiple jobs they work with you. The hardest part of the job I would have to say is dealing with the customers that just want to try and get everything for free and will not be reasonable. Also working alone and trying to get all your work done on time and get everything filled and cleaned, stopping to help the customers and answer the phone and take cake orders and serve customers alone. It can be a little stressful working alone at night because some customers are in a rush and don't like to wait there turn. I learned a lot of things from working in the bakery, I learned that the bread they make there doesn't have preservatives that's why it last only 4 days, I learned about food and dates of food items, stocking and filling items. Taking orders for bread and cakes and varies items. The proper way to pick items up if they are heavy or if you need to stack items the proper way its suppose to be done.
Pros
health insurence, they work with your schdule, nice people, learning experience
Cons
not enought help sometimes, closing your department alone.
great pay no life
Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCFebruary 8, 2016
the pay and the benefits for this company are great. But better make sure your wife is ok with crazy schedule and she can do most of everything to raise any kids you may have
Great company and benefits
PRODUCE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 8, 2016
Loved the opportunities available here, but they claim to promote from within. I was working full-time and going to college full-time to help in my advancement within the company and they were not willing to work with me schedule wise so I could complete test and assignments. Final outcome was being reduced to part-time and a $2.00 an hour pay cut.
Would love to work for this company now that I have my degree, but would have to start at minimum pay again.
Management also has a tendency to favoritism.
Worked hard to get my pay increased to 13.50 an hour only to have it cut by 2.00 an hour in the end as well as hours reduced.
Pros
Great profit sharing, benefits and advancement opportunities
Cons
tend to hire younger and cheaper workers
temp position
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven, GAFebruary 7, 2016
Being out of high school this was a great job. Could have lead to employment but didn't realize how good I had it. Worked for a call center centered around a power company.
Publix
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 7, 2016
Management is great to work with. They really take pride in helping their employees.
The co-workers are very nice and we all help everyone
We learn a great deal, especially when helping those that really need assistance.
The hardest part of this job is probably the standing on your feet every day all day
Publix- Where Shopping is a Pleasure
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GA 30135February 7, 2016
Publix is a wonderful company with a structured and well-organized work environment. All pharmacy systems communicate well and allow for ease in sharing of information and place a high value on customer satisfaction. The company ensures that employees are adequately trained and place an emphasis on professionalism and customer service.
Good benefits
SShift Leader (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 7, 2016
I enjoyed working for Publix. It was hard work but I enjoyed working with my co-workers and the benefits there were a lot better than any other place I have worked.
Neglectful
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLFebruary 6, 2016
The company expects more work than what they compensate for, ie paying employees $8 per hour and expecting $12 per hour worth of work.
Providing Premier Customer Service
Cashier/Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Oviedo, FLFebruary 5, 2016
A typical day at Publix includes taking care of the customer first and providing premier customer service. I learned quickly how important it is to treat the customer with care and respect so that they will always leave the store happy. Management is excellent - very knowledgeable and always willing to help if any problems arise. My co-workers and I work well together as a team. The hardest part of this job is being on your feet for so long. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to put a smile on each customers' face, as well as having wonderful people to work with.

Want to know more about Publix?

Ask a question
I enjoy my customers very much. My job is exciting and a lot of fun.
Customer Service - Cashier (Current Employee) –  8701 W. Hillsborough Ave Tampa, FLFebruary 5, 2016
I enjoy working at Publix because of the customers. I never know who will walk through my line or how there day is going. Every opportunity I challenge myself to make every customer have an awesome day. I want their check out experience to be wonderful. I work part time at Publix. I would like to make more money.
Pros
buy one get one products
Cons
gathering the carts in the rain.
Excellent job
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLFebruary 5, 2016
Management is supportive and the job is easy. Filling the specials and making sure the isles are ready to be shopped are the main concerns of this job. You also will be unloading trucks and working some truck if your manager assigns it.
Pros
Excellent management.
Cons
Low paying
Great company!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 5, 2016
Co-workers are amazing, customers love you, management is friendly. One of the top companies to work for in America, plus you can buy as many stocks as you want with company!
great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 4, 2016
There seemed to always be a positive atmosphere with great pay and raises, new management at my store, clean environment, great co-workers, room to grow.
Pros
nice people and nice customers
Cons
policies, new store manager
Great place to start
Front Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 4, 2016
Great place to start if you're going to stay for a while. Customers are great. Management may be a little a*al. The break times are very good. Great holidays
Pros
Great break time and customers
Cons
Management/Little room to advance
A fair place to work.
Grocery Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 4, 2016
The typical restaurant environment. The food there is great so it makes waiting tables there easier and you can give you honest opinion of the recipes.
fast fun and friendly
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, FLFebruary 4, 2016
my job consisted of bagging groceries and helping people to there cars
i leanred to look up items efficiently
management was easy to talk to and work with. Helpful
Hardest part of the job was having to use the computers
Great company to work for!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Casselberry, FLFebruary 3, 2016
Publix is a great place to work because of the management, co-workers and customers are amazing.
The products are excellent and the selections are extensive.
Pros
Awesome place to work!
Cons
I don't really have anything. Only that full-time positions are hard to come by.
productive workplace and fun all day long
ASSISTANT CSR MANAGER/PHARMACY TECH (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 2, 2016
ringing up customers
walking them out with groceries
coworkers were fun to hang out with
customer complaints
we had corporate visits
Great place to work if you have no life out side of the job
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 2, 2016
The job is a fun place to work, easy money i have pick up a lot of skills and have also meet a lot of good people, co-workers are nice and easy to get alone with. The most enjoyable part of the job is when i get off knowing that i have done a great day of work and everyone you have meet was help to the best of my ability

4.2