Publix Employee Reviews

Found 6,732 reviews matching the search
Deli - long hours, short lunches, bad management
Deli Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 21, 2017
Extremely long hours for what you had to do. Only department to offer 30 minutes lunch as opposed to 1 hour lunch. Management would play favorites rather than move up legitimately competent workers (e.g. woman working there 1 year was better at job [worked more hours, got dumped all the difficult jobs] than man working there 5; he got the promotion).
Loved it
Stock Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tequesta, FLJune 21, 2017
The jobs where always taught to make sure you could fully understand your duties. The staff was always fun and helpful. The pay was never bad either for the work needed to be done.
Fun job
Front Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 21, 2017
It is a great place to work. I learned customer services and store operation. The hardest part of the job is the cleaning duties. The mos enjoyable part is interact with the customers.
Pharmacy Tech / Customer service
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 20, 2017
I worked for Publix for several years and worked ion many areas of the store. I was very flexible in areas. Work load could get very busy and heavy at times. Fast pace and always positive customer service .
Pros
great benifets
Stressful place to work where shopping is a pleasure.
Grocery Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FloridaJune 20, 2017
Work at Publix is a challenge, hard to make your bosses happy. We focus 100 percent in customer service, great company but the founder concept change because of completion grow in comparision with 15 or 20 years ago. Too much stress don't work the effort. Great benefits, productivity concept impossible to fulfill, especially for stores that sell below 500,000 a week.Stable job talking in a long term path career, Lots of possibility to build a solid management career.
Pros
Job stability
Cons
Unneccesary stress.
top 100
CUSTOMER SERVICE STAFF/TEAM LEADER/PRODUCE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2017
They have great benefits. Good pay and every week. You can move in the company if you would like because they promote with in. You to be great with people cause customer service is their biggest thing
Very good life decision as manager
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 20, 2017
Very good decision to take a manager position. pays very well and also has great benefits and also stock as wel.l I should have never taken my retirement so early. Can retier after 5 years at Publix. young dumb definitely wasn't thinking it through.
Pros
Good hourly pay and upper management plans
Cons
Little stressful
Retail
Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Hixson, TNJune 20, 2017
Managing daily operations and up to 15 or more associates.Inventory customers service was top priority.Ordering products.Keeping track of items and making sure good profit was made monthly
It gets real old real fast
Front Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJune 20, 2017
The job is very repetitive and can be quite depressing. The customers a lot of the time are HUGE jerks or are WAY too needy (this coming from a nice person, It takes a bit for me to consider you TOO needy in a customer service environment). You also constantly get co-workers that are so pitiful that you constantly have to pick up their slack. This job has AMAZING job security, which is actually partially a TERRIBLE thing due to the TERRIBLE workers never getting fired, but instead just getting a slight smack on the wrist every time. So, you continue to pick up their slack until they quit or transfer.
Publix
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLJune 20, 2017
Best company I ever worked for. They are a very caring company and will work around anything you ask him to. Pay is very great too!! Publix is a very great job!
Best job ever
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 20, 2017
If i was still in Florida I would be working there again it was one of the best jobs i ever had. I was they where up north cause i would go right back they are a company that truly cares about there employees
Information Security is still in 1999
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2017
Publix's Information Security departments are led by management who have not evolved past 1999. Many responsibilities are checklist items, which they are not interested in improving. The associates are great to work with but are stifled by management. They completely oversell their benefits to prospective employees. Certain departments run the company regardless if it makes Publix less secure.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Oversell their benefits
Slow/medium work place
Bagger/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJune 20, 2017
Slow/medium work pace. It's normally busy depending on the time of day and holiday. Very strict dress code as well as attendance police. 6 month raise period goes up depending on performance.
Pros
6 month raise period
Cons
Strict dress code
Great workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 20, 2017
I enjoyed working at Publix. There was nothing wrong with the job or the management or the coworkers. It was the customers that were difficult to deal with. Management was fair, coworkers were friendly and the schedules were flexible.
Company still growing with a positive culture.
Assistant Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 20, 2017
Retail environment always ready to help and satisfy customers throughout different departments. Always busy but learned to address opportunities with enthusiasm.
Pros
Special needs/requests accommodated.
Cons
14 to 16 hrs. shifts
Great way to pay for college
MEAT CLERK (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 20, 2017
I was happy with the hours and the pay. Managers work well with your schedule. Potential for a raise every six months during your evaluation period. Meat department stays busy so you aren't bored.
Fast paced environment
DELI CLERK (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 19, 2017
Good company with lots of benefits and opportunities to grow. Many of the people within the company were great and encouraged doing your best. Workplace was difficult at times but rewarding .
Pros
Fast pace and people
Cons
A great place to work and great benefits if earned.
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mulberry, FL 33860June 19, 2017
Key word "earned" all new hires are hired on part time, this makes the work place a solid team work environment as helping each other shows team work which shows Publix culture. Publix Culture is another great thing about working for Publix Customers expect the top of the line customer service but this also means the customers our guests are always happy to see us. Hours are the only rough part about working at Publix as they are not consistent unless you are full time or unless the Sale quarter is slammed with holidays. Part timing at Publix is difficult but rewarding.
Pros
Culture Guests(costumers) and work place
Cons
Hours Part time wise
Great environment
Grocery Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 19, 2017
Publix is a fast pace work place to be at. There is always stuff to be done and you must make sure that you are pleasing the customers as well as making sure everything is neat and presentable. I love working there!
Benefits
Great
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 19, 2017
Very great company to work for!!!! Customers are very nice and appreciate our service. The managers have everything organized for each department. Publix likes to have diversity within the company and my coworkers make my job fun. We support many non profit organizations and raise money for them and if we reach our goals my managers gives us incentives. We also celebrate most holidays at work with food and etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Publix. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2