Publix Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,955 reviews matching the search
Fast paced enviroment
Assistant Deli Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 27, 2016
Working at Publix in the deli is a very fast paced environment, using problem solving techniques. I learn new things daily, people and customers are a never ending learning experience and to be able to understand the people and communicate in a way that is acceptable is a big part of the challenge. Although once the communication lines are open, working with and training is a wonderful part of the being part of the management team.
Benefits
Lack of help, long stressful hours
Deli/Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 7, 2015
Lack of employees hired, long stressful hours, bad management and poor problem solving management skills when a issue arrives. Lots of Business at my store and no needed help... they need to retrain these managers in the Deli at least how to : Order, Make Schedules, and Organize because Full time and part time should not have to deal with management tasks to make up for it.

Publix standards have really slipped and at least on a management scale has not been managed by the store managers well. Its like they dont care and this also leads to not caring bout the regular workers who have to make up for the slack of the higher paid managers.
Pros
Work goes by fast because of the business
Cons
very long hours, lack of time outside of work, lack of management with problem-solving issues.
A company with good intentions but needing some serious upgrades
Grocery Replenishment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hampton Cove, AlOctober 21, 2015
Technology is lacking at Publix. The company still runs the store as though it were 1990. With no backroom location system or daily auto replenishment system. Backstock is kept on carts in the back and in mix packs so you cant know exactly what you have. Also there is a culture of unprofessional behavior not acceptable in today's business world.
benefits
Cons
forced overtime, long hours, poor shifts, poor management
Sustainable for future
o Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 26, 2016
I have worked in the grocery store industry since I was in high school; this type of work is wonderful for a first jobs as it was mine and still is. Now I am finishing up my educational career and seeking new opportunities is my area of study. Working in this industry has taught me so much and I will take it with me for my entire life. The downside is that it is time for me to move on to greener pastures.
Pros
Flexibility, job security
Cons
compensation, hourly cuts
Great experience, awesome people to work with and work for
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCOctober 12, 2015
Publix was a great place to work, everyday was a learning experience, A+ Management and team members, As Office Staff I handled all the cash intake in the store on my shift, sometimes in excess of $20,000.00. Was responsible for all cash, including safe room, atm, vending machines, check cashing station, etc. Also handled all customer service complaints. Checked and handed out payroll. Became United Way coordinator for our store, created money making events, such as car wash, sidewalk sale, hot dog and drink sale, Associate competition, etc, and raised upwards of $30,000.00 for United Way Campaign.
Pros
salary, full-time employment, etc
Cons
can't think of any
great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 4, 2016
There seemed to always be a positive atmosphere with great pay and raises, new management at my store, clean environment, great co-workers, room to grow.
Pros
nice people and nice customers
Cons
policies, new store manager
An interesting experience.
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCApril 5, 2016
Publix is a grocery chain. I'm a part time stocker in this grocery chain. My typical day was me going in and stocking shelves and dealing with multiple customers at once.
I learned how to keep my self functioning in highly social situations.
Management is really good. They're kinda lazy but when they realize you need help, they have your back.
The hardest part of the job was having to deal with everything at once. Such as; customers, management, the main job of stocking, keeping other coworkers from killing each other, etc.
The most enjoyable part was when the District Managers came in and my immediate managers ran around like they were in the Olympics.
Pros
Buying items that were on sale for lunch.
Cons
Being worked like a mule.
A Typical work day.
Customer Service Clerk and Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 28, 2016
A typical day at work for me is usually a learning experience. Working around the public you never know what to expect. If there is a lot of work during the day time goes by faster. Most customers who shop at the store know what they want. Eventually you will began to recognize repeat customers. Management at the workplace is usually friendly. Since I am well trained I rarely need them for help, but if a situation occurs where I need there assistance I wont hesitate call them over. If there is a certain protocol or rule to remember management will remind you. Since this job requires me to work with the public my co workers must present themselves in a positive way.Most of my interactions with co-workers are positive. I understand that I am on the job to work and that I am above any conflict. The hardest part of the job for me is staying busy. Since our business is customer oriented, sometimes business can be slow. To pass the time I try to find something to clean or organize. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is meeting the different variety of people and satisfying our customers needs.
Pros
Great benefits, tuition reimbursement, stock options, fast paced, great entry level job, public interaction, mobility, 401 k retirement, health plans
Cons
unpredictable
Great Workplace with a great environment
SEAFOOD CLERK (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 2, 2016
Publix is a great place to work at with nothing but the best benefits and stock options. The associates that work there are great. The management is great. It's an all around great company to work for.
Pros
Great Benefits and Stock options
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 10, 2016
Nice place to work with great potential for advancement. Good compensation for managers, descent benefits, long hours, erratic weekly scheduling.
A great starting point for anyone taking a job for the 1st time or the elderly
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLFebruary 21, 2016
Work is fun and Hackett, whew all help each other to move the customer flow while making sure all items are stock at the best of our ability
Pros
Clean well presented employees, free monthly items, great place to work at and good benefits
Cons
None that are the job's fault it mostly management unrealistic expectations.
No advancement
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic Class (Current Employee) –  Dacula, GAApril 5, 2016
Changing in style of leadership, no promotions from within. All upper management hire from outside company. I have been there a long time and seen lots of changes to the companies philosophy.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low to no move up.
Fun place to work with great customer service.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNDecember 8, 2015
Publix was a fun place to work. The people that work there really do care for the customers and want to serve them. Unfortunately management would overwork good employees with inconsistently placed breaks and inconveniently placed hours. Customer Service workers are also expected to clean the floors at the end of the night with outdated equipment (possibly 30 years old) that would break often while on the job.
Pros
Great fellow employees, great customers, great benefits.
Cons
Inconveniently placed breaks in a shift, Cleaning equipment was outdated and susceptible to breaking on the job
Like working with family. Great benefits.
Cashier/Office Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 8, 2016
Publix is a great place to work. I enjoyed my co workers and the customers. It was like working with family. I appreciated the way the management team treating all of us special.
Easy work, great company
Stock clerk (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 3, 2015
Publix is a wonderful company to work for. They have great benefits, stock, management, culture, and pay. Publix was hard to get into but once you do it is well worth your time and it is advised to stay with the company and take advantage of all the wonderful benefits they provide.
Pros
Great company, room for advancement
Cons
short lunches, hard to get into the company
A solid part time job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 11, 2016
Probably the best retail job for a part timer because they like to spoil their workers. Advancement is extremely competitive, but if you got the moxie, they will notice and move you up!
Pros
Stock, Health Insurance, Good people
Cons
Advancement is hard/seem to play favorites
Fast paced and friendly
Customer Service Staff (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GADecember 13, 2015
Always busy, nonstop action. Long hours, early mornings and late nights. Hit or miss with management. Some are fantastic while others leave you questioning how they achieved a position of authority. Typical retail complaints. Great company structure with great incentives. Employee Stock Purchase Plan is structured to allow every employee to be an owner and retire with a sizable retirement package.
Pros
flexible schedule, fast paced, family environment
Cons
fluctuating schedule, early mornings and very late nights, some unethical or self righteous management
Great place to work.
baker (Former Employee) –  Royal Palm Beach, FLDecember 3, 2015
Publix Supermarkets was a great company to work for, everything from pay, to benefit's, to great a working environment. I enjoyed my time at Publix Supermarkets. I would come in at 5 am and open the bakery, I would bake the product, do product count and make adjustments in the computer, I would print APMG and make the prep list, I would order supplies and print bills, and adjust the bills if needed, most importantly greet and assist all customers. The hardest part of the job was the holiday seasons production volume, but the most enjoyable part of the job was my colleagues.
Pros
Pay, benefits, colleagues, great environment.
Cons
Slow advancement.
Job Summary
service clerck (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 13, 2015
A typical day at work may start early in the morning or later during the day. Sometimes shifts starts as early as 7 a.m. I'm usually scheduled to either cashier, self-check out or service clerk. I learned interpersonal, time management, organizational, as well as behavioral skills. That is I'm able to function adequately in a high-pressured and busy environment. I learned how to properly be responsive and assist customers.

My co-workers are very friendly and understanding. We work together as a team to get the best results, which is making the customer feel satisfied.

Hardest part of the job is the fact that it gets busy sometimes and one won't be able to go break for quite a while. The most enjoyable part of the job is being rewarded for going above and beyond, positive reinforcement is always nice because it motivates employees to work harder.
Pros
monthly rewards
Cons
lack of hours
Cashier and customer service
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 5, 2016
Publix is an awesome company to work for that why I have remained with them all these years. I am a part timer and the managers work with each associate's schedules. Publix offers various opportunities for cross training and promotions. I enjoy the customers that I serve. I work in a pleasant atmosphere and my co-workers from each department are very helpful.
I don't find anything difficult when it comes to preforming my job.
Pros
Publix offers great retirement benefits.
Cons
N/A

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Publix. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2