Publix Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,751 reviews matching the search
Fast paced environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 9, 2016
My job at the pharmacy involves constantly checking queues to ensure accurate workflow balance. I am the most experienced technician and find myself solving many problems throughout the day. Problems include: insurance rejections, overrides, product availability (due to ordering), requesting refills from doctors, and correcting directions or day supply for prescriptions. Also I complete all data entry on all prescriptions, fill all medications, and check out customers. Along with the previous duties I can order pharmacy supplies, inventory, and process returns of inventory. I get along with everyone in my work place and we have a fun day while working. I like to teach people how to navigate the computer to better the workplace. I understand how the program works and how to achieve good numbers necessary to satisfy corporate's expectations.

Some Cons of the Pharmacy is that Pharmacists and technicians are not knowledgeable on basic functions of workflow and it causes more work/confusion/errors within the pharmacy. The pay isn't comparable to the work that is required. Technicians do the same work if not more than the pharmacists and get paid very low, compared to the high salary pharmacists.
Pros
I am skilled and enjoy knowing how to do my job correctly
Cons
Most associates are not knowledgeable and the pay is not accurate for work
Overall Great Company
Tractor Mechanic Class C (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 9, 2016
Publix is an associate based company and takes care of you. retirement is great. overall good atmosphere. will always be a demand for groceries. good job security.
Very demanding
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 8, 2016
They work you too hard for the pay. They promise you a big juicy steak dinner but gives you a hotdog. The moral here is low and the management are very pushy.
Great benefits
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 8, 2016
Publix is a great place to work with great people, great benefits, and stable work environment.
Everyone they hire is mature and comes to work ready to work.
Managers are easy going and hard workers.
Pros
Benefits, bonuses, etc
Cons
NONE
You were free to do other work such as work inthe deli
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 8, 2016
Publix had by-laws used by the company for termination. They used children underage for tricking you with alcohol and tobacco sales. They told us to store the purchase if the person didn't have I d until they returned with one. It could have been a trap.
Pros
They had educations plans
Cons
undercurrent for keeping the job.
Ok work enviornment depending on what you expect out of it.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 8, 2016
A typical day at publix SHOULD be very easy as the actual job itself in any area ( besides deli ) is pretty straightforward and easy. Stock shelves, help customers , etc . More often than not there is inadequate staffing ( like every other place nowadays ) so getting your work done can be sometimes very difficult. The culture at publix really is a put the company before all else type mindset. Management is required to be there so much it feels like they want everyone to be in the same situation as well. Scheduling is simply awful as it is computer generated and it's all over the place. Many times working an 11 hour day ( 12pm-11pm ) and having to be there to open the next day at 5am. If you point that type of scheduling out to management they will look at you with that "ok so what's the problem " look. If you have a family or value your personal time I would highly suggest you look elsewhere to work. Management is hired from within which is good and bad. If you want to put MANY years in and if you are lucky enough to be the right person at the right time way down the road , you MAY have a chance. If your over 30 don't even think it's gonna happen. Full time is near impossible to attain as they have people scheduled often between 30- 38 hours a week keeping you right under the cusp of any benefits or the "full time" title. Also many ( not all ) managers have worked from the bottom up and put in well over 10 years time to achieve this feel as though it's no longer their job to do anything at all. If I'm scheduled for 8 hours at the same time my manager is , if I see him for 2  more... out of that 8 hours it's a miracle. He's usually wandering around the front or chit chatting in one of the offices. It drains your morale VERY quickly.
Some of the saving graces of the job are your normal co workers in and out of your dept can be really cool and fun to work with. Also I have noticed that most 95% of the customers I have encounters are really wonderful people. Of course both of these good points can vary from location to location.
Overall the decision to want to work here really varies from person to person. If you start early in life, want to put publix before everything , put in very long hours for many years I say go for it. If you have a family( or plan to start one) , expect a good work life balance , or considering this as a second job , I highly suggest looking elsewhere.
Pros
Stable company, advancement (in theory ), co workers generally nice
Cons
Scheduling, management, awful break system, no work life balance
it was worth the oppurtinity
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FLJune 8, 2016
it was a great experience, im looking for something similar. It is such a great comapany an the goal is desired. ive been working for this company for over 10 years. the ceos are not as kind as your expect but the pay increase over time.
Pros
benfits, experience
Cons
worst machines
Fun work environment and great job security.
Grocery Store Cashier (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJune 7, 2016
A typical day at Publix primarily consisted of helping customers and being available to assist them.

The hardest part of this job was the long hours.

The thing I enjoyed the most about this job was having a full staff and being able to provide five star customer service.
Excellent Company to work.
Demonstrator - Meal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 7, 2016
Every Publix store is a multi-million dollar enterprise, offering rewarding careers and exciting earnings potential.
Each of more than 1,000 stores is staffed with an average of 130 associates, creating a wide variety of job opportunities. Many are for part-timers needing flexible schedules to accommodate school, family, or retirement activities.
Pros
Dignity, Value, Employment Security.
Employee Owned Company
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 7, 2016
Loved working for Publix. Great company, great benefits, great co-workers. The only thing that upset me was the lack of opportunity to advance. I was there almost 4 years and could not get full time. I know it's because of the economy but after a year or 2 with them it should have been offered. I knew guys who had been there 5 years and was never offered full time. Other then that Publix is a great place to work and you can't beat the stock!
Fun place to work
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 7, 2016
I love the people here. they are all so friendly and understanding. they help you out and don't judge. very fun place to work.
Excellent place to work - Will like to get a job there
Bagger/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJune 7, 2016
I learn a lot of experience
-Baggin groceries
-Labeling prices
-stocking merchandise
-Bakery and Produce experience

Worked under Project Victory , career exploration.
Pros
Excellent products, safety place
Cons
hard to join their team work
Customers
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 7, 2016
You tend to get emotionally attached to your customers and because of that reason is why i strived so hard at work to keep my Customers extremely satisfied!
Productive and fun work environment, good for high school age.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kathleen, GAJune 7, 2016
This job is good for someone who isn't looking for a full time job, or needing to support themselves or others. The co-workers are friendly, and the environment is usually laid back and relaxed. Management is understanding, and can be helpful when needed. The hardest part about the job is angry customers and inability to recieve the hours needed. However, the most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with the customers, both new and regular.
Always something new
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 6, 2016
Everyday there was something new that came up and that's what made it fun. Friendly people everywhere you went and at times, a fast paced work zone that kept everyone on their toes to get the job done.
a Great Place
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 6, 2016
Publix offers great benefits and great opportunities not only advance in the company, but in the community as well. They are very flexible with the scheduling and are very understanding about life events such as deaths, weddings, graduations, etc. The only draw back with Publix is slightly too much micromanaging.
Productive workplace with many opportunities for advancement.
Assistant Department Manager (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAJune 6, 2016
I have enjoyed my time with Publix. There is plenty of opportunities for advancement, with the biggest downfall being the heavy workloads during holidays and weekends.
Pros
Benefits/Compensation
Cons
Retail work hours
Strict Guidelines
Front Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 6, 2016
Strict set of rules and guidelines. Everything must be followed precisely. Must provide great customer service and always look presentable. Some co-workers can be slackers. The hardest part of the job is assessing a situation quickly and finding the quickest and most efficient way to handle it. The most enjoyable part of the job is how grateful the customers always seem after I help them settle a problem.
great
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 5, 2016
All and All This is a great place to work. Once you start working This place seems to consume you and your life outside is very little for time to yourself.
Pros
You get Bonus, Stock, Great pay, and good medical benefits
Cons
The employees are Petty, a lot of double standards, Work hard with no recognition.
Employee friendly, great working atmosphere
Cashier, "Apron's" clerk, special events (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 4, 2016
Company's continuous training and "customer service" mentality has made it one the country's best. Customers love shopping there, mostly because of the friendly service from it's employees.
Pros
Excellent work environment, first-class training
Cons
Low wages

4.2