Publix
2,321 reviews

Publix Employee Reviews

Pay is decent and the associates are great!
cashier (Former Employee), Palm City, FLApril 30, 2015
Pros: Great employees and decent pay
Cons: hard to advance
I love this place and wish I didn't leave. The only issue is its hard to get full time unless hired that way. You can talk freely with not only associates but managers too with open door policy. My manager knew everyones names and personal life and never judged or put them down. I completely recommend anyone to work here.
Excellent
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Boynton Beach, FLApril 30, 2015
Loved to work with my coworkers, team work impeccable, organization and leadership skills are implemented. Highly recommend working here.
Publix Fresh Foods
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 29, 2015
Publix is a great provider however Fresh Foods is a little different. You go in not knowing what time your going to leave and i believe that was the hardest thing for me. The workload could be kind of tough at first but if you've worked in warehouse before you can do it.
Very Productive Place And You Are Able To Advance To Other Jobs.
Bagger/Customer Service (Current Employee), LongwoodApril 29, 2015
Pros: Everyone Has A Wonderful Attitude.
Cons: None.
A typical day at work for me as a bagger constantly has you on your feet. By moving from station to station helping the cashiers out by bagging. But most importantly to give exceptional customer service to the customers. I find that it is very important to show that value for all customers. I love treating the customers like my own family. What I have learned at Publix is that its a wonderful company to work for I honestly do love it here. I also learned that Publix will help you pay for college through them for you to be able to exceed your careers. My coworkers at Publix are so friendly everyone has a smile on their face and its just filled with so much good energy. I find that my job is rather easy because I know exactly what to do. I give Publix my all and if I struggle with a obstacle at Publix I am determined to resolve that issue and make it a accomplishment. The most enjoyable part of my job is my co workers and the customers everyone their is just so nice and it just makes you in a enjoyable mood to work. Overall Publix is a great workplace to work and I love it.
awesum place
part time Stock Clerk (Current Employee), Ocoee, FLApril 29, 2015
Pros: part time ins to employees, weekly pay great stock options
Cons: short breaks somedays, holiday rush
great palce to launch a career with great opportunity to advance within a great organization,fair dept managers and store manager are mostly good,all have excellent customer service
Great company
Customer Service Office Staff (Current Employee), Titusville, FLApril 29, 2015
I would definitely recommend this as a job for anyone! The company is made up of great benefits and extraordinary people who desire to meet the needs of customers in any way possible.
Fast Paced
Cashier (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLApril 28, 2015
Pros: Excellent hours
Cons: Didnt want to leave, rate of pay
Interesting job experience. Loved the fresh food and kind staff. Flexible hours.Unfortunately I did enjoy all the excitement and didnt want to leave. Fun calender days(holidays)
Where working is a pleasue
Cashier (Current Employee), TampaApril 27, 2015
Publix is a great place to work. The company really does care about their employees. I enjoyed the variety of people I came into contact with from the customers to my coworkers.
Great Company
Deli Clerk, Sales (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLApril 27, 2015
The managers sucked but the job was good,I was young but i could save. The raise was cool, and I will recommend this company to many people. The stock is very great!
great place to work
meat wrapper/stocker (Former Employee), Cape Coral, FLApril 25, 2015
Pros: benefits, insurance
Cons: none
it was a very nice place to work, everyone was always helpful,and I learned a lot,very clean,all management was great.,straightly cases,making a list to see what is needed 1st restock everything.
Decent Place to work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Saint Augustine, FLApril 25, 2015
Good People and Customers,
Typical work days are fun and involve a lot of teamwork.
I find it is a small world in the Publix community. The management is all for you furthering your career with or even without Publix.
Great Company
Must be able to work with customers and follow Publix's rules. A place where you know your job is secure and your future in this company.
ASSISTANT GROCERY MANAGER/GRS/DSD Clerk (Former Employee), Miramar, FLApril 24, 2015
A great place to work and grow. Opportunities always available for managment. If you are willing to hard and learn the retail business this will be a great place to start off.
Amazingly wonderful workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLApril 23, 2015
Pros: Schedule flexibility, understanding management, premier customer service
Cons: difficulty in attaining benefits as a part time employee
Publix is a wonderful work environment focused on premier customer service. Talking with, greeting, and helping customers was of the utmost importance and lead to many wonderful relationships with regular customers.
Great job.
Decorator (Current Employee), Melbourne Beach, FLApril 23, 2015
Pros: Great Management
Cons: Hard to get fulltime, unstable schudule
Working for Publix has taught me a lot. I never decorated a cake before I started working here. There was a position open, I took the challenge and have been exceeding. All of this is great but I have grown to realize I would like a stable schedule, not waking up some days at 4am and other days going in at 1pm.
Deli
Deli Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 22, 2015
My life in the Publix deli was hectic but rewarding. Every week was a new adventure. Holiday season was very busy, but rewarding knowing that you touched peoples lives through providing food for them and their families to enjoy during holidays. I always felt appreciated by the company and left because I was young, inexperienced and dumb.
A great place to work if you can put up with a few downsides.
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Clermont, FLApril 21, 2015
Pros: Good Pay and Benefits
Cons: Hard Weeks, High Stress
A great place to work if you can put up with a few downsides. The work is tedious and the hours are sometimes punishing but the pay is great. Management and coworkers is are about the same as anywhere else: Some great people, some not so great.
Very exciting and fun work environment.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAApril 21, 2015
It can be pretty fast-paced and somewhat stressful at times. But you learn so many different things, and how to really multitask.
Productive and fun environment
o Cashier (Former Employee), tampa, FLApril 21, 2015
Always productive and organized. Everyone is always super friendly and outgoing. The hardest part of my job had to be stocking items back on the shelves.I enjoyed my stay there.
Great company
Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 20, 2015
I enjoy working with others on my team. I strive to always take care of our Security Officers and constantly explore ways to build morale and motivate.
Decorator, bakery clerk (Former Employee), Cumming, GaApril 20, 2015
If you enjoy slow work, then this is a great place to work. Not many advancements. Good place for younger kids in high school.

About Publix

Careers at Publix If you think shopping at Publix is a pleasure, try working here! It's very satisfying to work for – – Read more

Publix Salaries