Publix
2,252 reviews

Publix United States Employee Reviews

Very productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Naples, FLApril 1, 2015
Publix supermarkets was the first job I've ever had and it was great as a first job. I was a cashier there for almost two years. If I wanted to, I could have advanced to costumer service, but I had to leave because it wasn't challenging enough for me. The management is on top of everything as far as employee concerns or costumer concerns. I admire that in an employer. They have great health insurance for full- and part time employees. Publix also offers their employees stocks, which can really grow if you are with the company for a long time. The hardest part of the job was sitting there doing the exact same thing over and over. The most enjoyable part was working with some amazing people.
I love this place, I really do
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee), New Smyrna BeachMarch 31, 2015
Pros: The people
Cons: No oppurtunity to advance
I love working here, I love the people, I love the work. I've been in employed in the deli and the bakery. I don't mind spending 40-50 hours a week here.
Friendly work environment
Lead pharmacy technician (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 31, 2015
Data entry, workload balancing, and product dispensing are just a few of the everyday procedures that have to be completed
Awesome environment and the people Awesome
Front Service Clerk (Former Employee), Savannah, GAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Rewards fir doing a good Job
Cons: ....nothing I can think of
You come in this place you better be ready to be a difference maker, the customers are awesome, specially Wednesdays. The people you'll work with may vary, but the management encourages pride in the Publix brand. The hardest part of the job is standing for long periods you may find yourself looking for things to do, but the easiest part is the work. I learned so much about serving the customer and being a power player in changing somebody's for the better/
enjoyabe
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Hermitage, TNMarch 31, 2015
Pros: side by side work with boss
Cons: not enough hours
I enjoye working at publix but they didn't pay enough and my shift was prn sometime there was no work the whole week. the store manager was nice enough to look in to letting me float to a stocking position for more hours but I cordially declined, wanting to work in the pharmacy
good place to work while studying
Stock clerk (Current Employee), Miami FlMarch 31, 2015
Its a good job with great benefits once you have earned a full time. Job advancement very hard to obtain, there is a lot of favoritism that play apart with earning higher job potions
long hours, no life
selector (Current Employee), dacula, gaMarch 31, 2015
Pros: pay and free lunches
Cons: no life, bad scheduling
Long day's no life pay is good, but basically your whole life will revolve around this place, how can range anywhere from 8-14 hrs alot of favoritism managers don't know what they doing
Productive Workplace that loves taking care of their customers
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaMarch 30, 2015
At Publix, customers feel safe and clean. Publix provide customer service on a higher level than other retail stores. Publix stays busy so there is always something to do. Co-workers are friendly but mangers are not on the same page
Very clean and productive environment
Cashier (Former Employee), 101 Buckwalter Place Blvd, Bluffton SC 29910March 30, 2015
Pros: Keeping updates on sales
Cons: Pressure towards me and other co-workers
My hours would range from afternoon to early evenings. I learned about different grocery products, how to bag groceries efficiently, and cash handling. The management, when I was working, was a bit pressured but I stayed determined towards my work; my co-workers were very friendly and hard-working.
The hardest part of the job was having to deal with specific payments that required a bit of time when it came to a large amount of customers. However, the most enjoyable was when I would be by myself, organising products from aisle to aisle.
Publix was a fortune 500 company but wasn't for me
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Delray Beach, FLMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Poor management
Everyday I would work extremely hard at Publix. Management at Publix were great sometimes and unfair at other times. my co-workers were ok . The hardest part of the job was not being able to find my place in the company. The most enjoyable part of the job was the bonuses, and company benefits
Great place to work.
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLMarch 29, 2015
I have worked for Publix for over 9 years and have enjoyed every year. Its a pleasure to work for such a fine company. Benefits offered can't be beat.
Consistent and reliable job with a company that has great values
FRONT SERVICE CLERK (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Good work environment, occasional benefits
Cons: somewhat repetitious, when the store was packed it was quite stressful
Working at Publix was very consistent in the duties and tasks fulfilled. Very rarely was there a curveball thrown into the equation, and the same tasks were generally repeated every day of work. I would bag groceries and provide customer service to customers, assisting them in any way possible. This proved to be monotonous at times, but it at least provided a bit of routine in my schedule to keep things consistent.
High Tempo work envronment
Grocery Replenishment Specialist (Current Employee), Jensen Beach, FLMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits, and job advancedment
Cons: long hours work.
I unload incoming trucks, and manage the inventory that goes on the sales floor. I train new associates in the daily activities that are expected of the stock crew. I help and motivates the crew to work faster and more efficiently.
It is an excellent company to work for.
Deli Associate/Registered Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), New Port Richey, FLMarch 28, 2015
No day at Publix is a typical day. It is always busy and this makes the day go by fast. Never having worked in a deli, the hardest part was learning all of the products and how to use the equipment. Having wonderful supervisors makes it even better.
Employee owned, profit sharing good benefits
Grocery Replenishment Specialist/Seafood Clerk (Current Employee), Canton, GAMarch 28, 2015
Good place to work. Total focus on good customer service. Team oriented with consistent customer satisfaction. A relaxed atmosphere for a pleasant working experience
Publix is a great place to work with outstanding benefits. Its core values shape its employees to be the very best.
Customer Service Staff, Cashier, Stock-Clerk (Former Employee), cape coral, flMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Experience, benefits, always busy, team based
Work was fun, every day was. You get to talk to customers and build relationships with everyone around you. Your job is to help, and it feels good to do it. Management always has your back and is fair, your coworkers are like a big family too. The best part is just being part of the machine that runs a perfect store.
Cashier/Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Marietta, GAMarch 27, 2015
If you like working face to face with customers, then this is the place for you. Not a bad place to work, benefits are great for full-time and management.
Great place to work with others while providing excellent customer service!
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Vouchers are given occasionally for doing your job. Benefits are great working as a part-time clerk.
Cons: As a stock clerk, work can be tiresome especially from standing all day long.
A typical day at work includes communicating and working in teams to accomplish the daily goal and task. As a stock clerk, we work together to accomplish our task for the day in preparation for the next day. I've learned that you got to lay out a plan each day to accomplish the tasks in a timely manner. My co-workers can be hardheaded at times but in the end we work together to get the job done right. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the interaction with customers. I learn something new each day just having a small conversation with customers and always appreciate the compliments they give me!
Publix
Receiving Manager (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMarch 27, 2015
Pros: benefits, good pay
A typical work day at Publix was busy and crazy at times but I loved it! I did Receiving there for 10 years. I checked vendors in and out and in put invoices in the computer. I also assisted management with whatever needed to be done. Management was hard on us but understood that at times things came up and we need a day off, The part of my job that I loved was my vendors which was my customers, I also loved how it was always busy.
Cashier
cashier (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 26, 2015
Working for the public. ringing up customers and there grocery. Publix is a great place to work for .I like working I always stayed busy

About Publix

Careers at Publix If you think shopping at Publix is a pleasure, try working here! It's very satisfying to work for – – Read more

Publix Salaries