Publix
1,672 reviews

Publix Employer Reviews

Great manager and co-workers
Meat Apprentice (Current Employee), Winter Garden, FloridaJuly 30, 2014
Pros: being able to verbally interact with the customer and meeting desired needs.
Cons: n/a
The typical day involves customer interaction, meeting customers needs and maintaining the meat dept as well as assisting other customers with their needs.
A good place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, GAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: short breaks
In a typical day i would use a cash register to check people out. I would provide premier customer service and answer any and all questions to the best of my ability with a smile on my face. At the end of the day i would stock shelves of product, sweep floors and get the store ready for the next day. My coworkers were very nice people to work with and – more... i enjoyed them very much. The management was firm but fun. The hardest part of the job was going home at the end of the day, i just enjoyed my job greatly. The best part of the day was getting to greet each customer and meet new people. They were always so friendly and even when they weren't, i still enjoyed my job very much. I learned how to keep a smile on my face in every situation and how to let things slide off my shoulders. – less
productive work place
Cashier (Current Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLJuly 28, 2014
you learn something new everyday, friendly work place. the hardest part about my job is the grumpy customers, sometimes you just cant satisfies people but that don't bring me down .. just keep a smile on and hopefully that will bring there moods up.
Good people
Customer Service/Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLJuly 28, 2014
Many good people to work with. Everybody always helps out. Management was very nice.
great customer service axperience
Customer Service (Former Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLJuly 27, 2014
Pros: great way to gain customer service experience
Cons: didnt get many hours
publix is a great company and has great benefits. i have a history of many publix employees. i really enjoyed this experience
Great attitudes and pleasurable work environment
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Sea Ranch Lakes, FLJuly 26, 2014
Pros: part time insurance
Cons: not enough workers per shift
I enjoyed working here. It had a really great atmosphere and great co workers. The hours were really good and they worked with your personal schedule. The hardest part of the job was getting all the work that needed to be done, done on time. The most enjoyable part was getting to work with great people and always being happy.
its publix
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee), Tucker, GAJuly 26, 2014
Cons: working for publix
Publix is an okay starter job. You unload trucks and stock groceries.
very productive and laid back
Grocery Team Leader (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLJuly 24, 2014
Pros: awesome management
Cons: short breaks
Always busy, never a dull moment, always having fun, customers are great and funny
Publix is a great company with a lot of advantages
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 23, 2014
A typical day starts great everyone is a part of a team environment I learned how to interact with the staff and customers the hardest part was not having the availability to pursue management I loved the company as a whole.
Pleasant work environment
Decorator (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNJuly 23, 2014
Learned to give premier customer service, several cash handling standards and health department standards.
Jobs for high school or college kids, or house wives who want to earn couple of $$$
Deli Associate (Current Employee), Winter Springs, FLJuly 22, 2014
Pros: can't find any.
Cons: no benefits, low pay, no future.
Part time job will not sustain you due to low wages and hours. Hrs are unpredictable and schedules are unreliable, change from week to week. No consistency is accepted, meaning you are scheduled when and if needed or not and only a few select can count on their work hours to remain consistently the same and at same times. Why?? They have their reasons. – more... Training is non-existent, go figure it out you're told. There are never enough employees at the deli to effectively serve customers and therefore cleanliness suffers greatly. The manager doesn't care, she has her won issues and tells us non-stop about them. This is the most unprofessional place I have ever worked and hope to find a new position soon. Most new hires stayed about two weeks if at all. It's too hard they say, and yes, it is extremely hard, physically and emotionally. I asked for a transfer and was told "it's not happening". I was offered cross-training in another dept. but it never happened.
So, if you think you can hack it in the Deli, you're welcome. We need you. – less
Centralized Trainer
Centralized Trainer (Current Employee), PensacolaJuly 22, 2014
The company is amazing. The benefits are great. Typically I instructed all new hires in Escambia County. Management is unreasonable at times, but that's probably a person-to-person basis.
best place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Conyers, GAJuly 22, 2014
great company good team members great benefits awesome company
Fun Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Palm Harbor, FLJuly 22, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: bad managers
Awesome co-workers and a fun environment to work in. Management wasn't the best.
deli clerk
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: friendly customers, family atmosphere, steady pace
Cons: pay, rude customers, hours
cut sub kits, fix sandwiches and dinner plates. slice meats and cheeses. stock floor
Busy so days went by fast
Dock Coordinator (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: having to be in at 3am
I went in at 3 am, i learned how to read temperatures on trucks i also learned how to manage between 5 to 10 people.
okay place nothing great
Cashier (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 21, 2014
Pros: some co-workers
Cons: little hours
Publix is an okay place to work at. It's a good highschool job. Once you hit college your hours get cut. They also will randomly cut hours and schedule you when your not available.
Publix
Customer Service Staff (Current Employee), Lebanon, TNJuly 21, 2014
Typically when you come in you look to see what job you are assigned today, depending on what job that may be you will either delegate tasks and greet/take care of customers or you will run a cash register and/or bag groceries. Cleaning is required of opening and closing associates.
A productive and great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 21, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling, good benfits
Cons: part time
A typical day at Publix would be starting off with a big smile and ready to satisfy customers. I learned how to listen to others problems and the co-workers are team players that's willing to help others. The hardest part about this job would be satisfying unhappy customers. The most I enjoyed working at Publix was putting a even bigger smile on customers – more... faces. – less
About me.
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Orlando,FlJuly 21, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, opportunity to move up and grow with the company
Cons: schedules weren't stable. lunches varied from 15 mins to 75 mins, depending on how many hours you were scheduled that day.
A typical day at work would be show up. get along with everyone, do what needed of me, assist customers as needed, assist my coworkers or management as needed and in between customers, I truly cant say that there was a hard part to the job. I enjoyed every minute of working at Publix and every job i have has this far. i must say the most enjoyable part – more... of the job is the people. you get to meet new people on a daily basis.and you get to build relationships with those that come in on a regular basis. – less

About Publix

Careers at Publix If you think shopping at Publix is a pleasure, try working here! It's very satisfying to work for – – Read more