Publix Employee Reviews

Found 6,723 reviews matching the search
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 18, 2017
Working at Publix has been a pleasure. Helping customers,greeting them, and making sure your work area is sufficient but clean. If you ever have a question or concerns management is always around to help. Publix is open to any and everybody that is willing to come and work.
Great job
Front Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLJune 18, 2017
A normal day at work at Publix was fast paced but relaxed. I never had a manager that i didnt get along with and didn't like. Working at p
Publix was probably one of the best jobs that i have ever had. Definitely recommended.
publix
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 18, 2017
it is a different culture in florida than tn. the only true negative for this company is the management. it is very clique oriented. pay is decent for the job and the people are fairly pleasant
Pros
work with your schedule
Cons
manegemetn
Depends
Full Time Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 17, 2017
It depends on where you work at and what type of management is in charge. You can a great manager or one that sits and gossips with the workers. The benefits are worth the hassle though.
Hard work, but flexible schedule with school
Front Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALJune 17, 2017
I enjoyed working with my coworkers. The management was great. They were very flexible with my school hours. My hours were good, as well. I loved interacting with all the customers.
fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCJune 17, 2017
this particular company is a very unique company to work for, it has great benefits, great people, and great schedule to have for a family. the pay is also great..
Pros
great people
Cons
short breaks
A wonderful job with wonderful people.
Customer Service Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 17, 2017
I started as a bagger in 2013, and now I am a CSTL. That just shows how quickly you can advance with this company. The benefits are fantastic for full-time. PTO, 401k, Dental, etc. The people you work with are very supportive and don't make you feel like a cumbrance. I would honestly recommend this job to anyone, first job or last.
Pros
Excellent benefits, advancement is almost guaranteed in due time with hard work and dedication, wonderful co-workers
Cons
Hour disputes happen often, mostly due to overstaffing
Great company overall and even with what happened I recommend it to everyone
Grocery Replenishment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, TNJune 17, 2017
I love Publix, it is a great place to work where you really feel like the management cares not only about how well you do at your job but also how you are as a person. I left Publix for the sole reason that the store manager at the last store I was transfered to did not like me due to actually trying to make the store a better place as it was in very rough shape when I got there. Neither the Grocery manager or the Store manager would listen to what I was telling them with the evidence that I found not only on the barely stocked shelves and the insane amount of back stock but also in the system reports. Since the management in the store wouldn't listen I showed the district manager what was going on and he visited the store a few times afterwards to make sure that the Managers were taking the problems seriously. When I attempted to transfer out of that store I was told that they were trying their best to find a new store and trying to really sell me however after going to another store I asked the manager there what she had been told and she informed me my store manager had told her not to take me as I wasn't reliable. Shortly after that I quit the company but I would still return because overall it is still a great place to work
Pros
Great benefits, mostly good management, and the company cares.
Cons
Certain managers are lazy but can't get fired due to Publix policies.
Great company
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilton Manors, FLJune 16, 2017
I enjoyed working in the deli,making subs and other foods for the customers,helping customers find items in the store, the hardest part of the job was dealing with a irate customer.
Pros
bonses and benefits
Cons
short breaks
Great environment, rewarding, productive, awesome employees
Senior Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2017
Great company to work for. Great benefits! Bonuses! Excellent work environment! Great associates who work well with change. Great company to start a career
Pros
Coupons for free lunch, Birthday recognition every month with a cake
productive and easy going
Bagger/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 16, 2017
Publix gives the best customer service out of any grocery store. Management will always be flexible with your hours and are flexible with days you need to take off.
Pros
free subs if you provide excellent customer service
Cons
There is a policy that allows people to get items for free and people abuse that policy
Fast paced but great work
Grocery Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 16, 2017
Management is a big help and more than willing to teach you or answer any of your questions. Usually they manage and watch the floors during rushes to make sure everyone is doing what needs to be done but will always help out if it is needed. Hours are great and always available. Benefits are great for those who want to stay there for a good amount of time. Moving up is the only difficult thing.
Pros
Great team and management. good environment
Cons
moving up can take years
Overall fun company
Customer Service Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 16, 2017
Great company to work for, could be better and more flexable on shifts. Learned a great deal on how to deal with other co works. Great training. company should treat everyone on a equal level , not to pick favors. Should have a better training program for new employees. Management could help out more.
Pros
Heathcare
Cons
hours
Good benefits, poor management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 16, 2017
Worked here for a few years it was a great company to work for but management sucks and no more bonuses. I personally experienced a lot of bullying and management did nothing about it.
Pros
Stock
Cons
A lot
Fun place to work and advance
Meat manager (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 15, 2017
My Publix career was a pivotal point in my life. I learned so much about who I am and what I could accomplish. As a meat manager my job was mostly to be on the sales floor driving sales and merchandising products. Driving other associates to obtain sales goals. ABC always be selling!
Pros
Pay and structure
Cons
Hrs and scheduling
A real challenge daily
Assistant Deli Manager (Current Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJune 15, 2017
It's a daily challenge working at Publix it's a fast paced always busy and hardly enough help to get some parts of your job done. Some days are better then others.
Love to work here
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cornelius, NCJune 15, 2017
Very warm and inviting. Great place to retire from! Benefits in as little as 90 days: dental, vision, and life insurance. Pay is above the minimum wage. Ample opportunity to grow in the company.
Pros
Be the owner of the company! Buy stocks, wonderful retirement plans
Cons
Hard to get full time
Publix is a wonderful company.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale flJune 15, 2017
Publix overall is a great company benefits for part timers flexible schedule. I love my employees and my managers we all get along great and make the best out of our jobs. I've been with publix for almost 4 years and I never had any problems always understanding. Publix taught me to give great customer service and to perform numerous of task they depend on me as much as I depend on them.
Pros
Benefits, raises every 6 months.
Cons
Not the pay I'm looking for.
Friendly work place
FRONT SERVICE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 15, 2017
Bagging groceries, retrieving grocery carts, stocking grocery bags, greeting guests, and much more are part of the duties as a front service clerk. Hardest day on the job is around Thanksgiving.
Good company to work for.
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJune 15, 2017
A typical day of work would involve being around nice co-workers! I, as an individual enjoy working alone but this job has helped me build my work ethic. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing customers that I've built a bond with. The hardest part of the job was when the schedule I use to work on a daily basis was changed and I had to start working hours I didn't usually work, this got into the way of family time but overall the workplace environment was smooth and didn't include much problems.
Pros
Paid vacation time, bonuses, and giving back to the community.
Cons
The fluctuating schedule and sometimes rude customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Publix. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2