Publix Employee Reviews

Found 5,080 reviews matching the search
It's a good parttime job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30308February 11, 2016
Cashier are to provide premier customer service to all customers entering the store. This title entails small transactions typically ranging to 200 dollars. Our duty also is to promote fundraisers for local organizations such as: Children's HealthCare of Atlanta, United Way, Special Olympics, etc.
Productive workplace
Front end coordinator, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 18, 2016
While at work I handle different responsibilities that may vary throughout the day, such as coordinating the front end of the store. I am also a cashier, and while in that position I interact with customers and offer the best customer service I can. I am capable of managing my time wisely and making sure that all tasks are completed in a timely fashion. I have learned patience and communication skills, along with money accountability. While managing the front end of the store, I am in charge of the employee's break times and positions. I work very well with my coworkers and would classify myself as a team player. The hardest part of the job would be being in charge of my coworker's schedules because there are times when employees may call out, therefore backing up the schedule and making us short staffed. When this happens, it is my job to find another employee to cover for the previous one. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the public and continuing to gain customer serve skills which always come in handy.
Pros
Healthcare, 401K, stock ownership
Professional, fun enviroment to work in. Everybody is friendly and welcoming.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 3, 2016
Wake up arrive at work, receive smiles from co workers and managers in every department. Go to your department, begin your job description, greet and create a friendly environment, for customers that choose to spend their time shopping with us. Take a lunch break for a hour or thirty minutes, return to your department, and complete your shift. Managers are very professional, organized, and affable , it is very easy to contact them . I have been serving at Publix since summer 2015, it has built my character, taught me how to appreciate my job, and I gained more customer service skills while dealing with the public.
Pros
Convenient, easy to balance and manage.
Cons
Raise only every 6 months.
Awesome place to work!
Service is great
Management is very professional
Home like environment
Loved going to work
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No store discount
In need of change
Grocery Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 14, 2016
At the time I worked there Publix was facing class actions lawsuits over compensation and promotion practices from multiple minority groups.
Publix Super Markets
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALOctober 26, 2015
Publix is where I started my first job. I had been doing construction with my dad shoveling dirt on jobs. I started when I was younger and started as a Front-Service Clerk. I bagged groceries, learned about the workforce, and talked to different people everyday. I learned how customer service is very important. At the end of the day, it is all about the customer. I would not trade this experience for anything.
From the Front-Service Clerk I made my way to cashier as I got older. Overtime, I had done most of the jobs in the grocery store that I was legally able to do at this point. Then when I turned eighteen I started work for Jim N' Nick's and I've been there ever since.
The Publix team was incredible. Without the teamwork, the grocery store would not have the legacy that it does. I incredibly enjoyed the job and my co-workers.
Pros
Employees, Benefits, Management
Cons
None.
Very Productive and fun place to work
Deli Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 29, 2016
At Publix it gets very busy every day of the week and you need to be on top and pay attention to detail about what you are doing. What I have learned is that I need to follow the schedule and my assigned duties so we do not get backed up and fall behind for customers waiting on their food. The hardest part of my job is when it gets very busy and the lines are long then it gets hard to keep up with every customers order so we try our best to make sure that the lines are moving in a timed manner. The most enjoyable part of my job is the great benefits that we get free dental cleanings, vision screenings, and discounts on sporting events.
Pros
Discount on sporting events
Cons
Busy Long lines
great place for work
GROCERY STORE WORKER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 22, 2015
great place for work. customer service focused. nice co workers.
managers always ready to help you. You need to work hard to be considered. raise after only three months of work
Pros
one hour of lunch
Cons
worker deserve more
fair place to work
Warehouse person (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 19, 2015
awesome co workers, pay is great, sometimes the managers and be a little edgy but overall publix is an awesome place to work, great benefits and job security.
Pros
buffet style lunches
Cons
management
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJuly 14, 2016
as a deli clerk a typical day consisted of preparing the meats/cheeses for the sub station for the day. After that, making sure everything is clean inbetween customers. if a customer does come make sure their needs are met. always with a smile, because honestly this was one job i enjoyed coming to work daily. slicing,cleaning and interacting was all in a days work. closing up was a task washing and wiping everything down and making sure everything was presentation worthy for the next busy day

my co workers were amazing and we all got along well
hardest part of the job had to be the cleanup at night and the lunch and dinner rushes during the day
my most enjoyable part of the job had to be the "regulars" and making them smile n laugh and getting to know them

management was fair and firm and always had an open door policy if there was any problems
Pros
the people the atmosphere and of course the deli meats
Cons
none actually
First time pharmacy tech
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 6, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of filling customers prescriptions, ordering more medicines and supplies and ringing up customers. I learned how to fill prescriptions and use the system to find medications and to order supplies and medicines telephonically. Management was awesome, I had the opportunity to become friends with the pharmacy manager at the time and we're still friends today. My coworkers were okay. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with one of the pharmacy managers, he always made the job fun. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customer who felt entitled.
Pros
Working with fun people
Cons
Difficult and entitled customers
part time
Grocery Clerk- I (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLMarch 24, 2016
had to pay bills horrible hours no benefits part time cant live on 20 hours a week. no advancement ! had to venders job every day.
Pros
Cons
several
warehouse forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAMarch 21, 2016
Great benefits great place to work everyone is nice very family oriented the culture is great every one is keen on safety
Interesting and Environmentally Friendly
Front Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 26, 2015
A typical day for this job would be making sure every item is bagged properly to the customers guidelines. Also, making sure they have everything they needed before returning home. I learned how to communicate and hold conversations with customers on daily basis. I have built a lot of friendships with customers because of this skill. The management seems to really be serious about their jobs, just make sure you are doing your job. My co-workers and I got along pretty well. The hardest part of the job would consist of collecting carts in uncomfortable weather, especially on cold rainy days. The most enjoyable part was being able to laugh and tell jokes with customers and also my co-workers.
Pros
Job flexibility
Cons
Advancement
A typical publix day...
Asst. produce manager (Current Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJuly 8, 2016
I usually get to work for 6 am at which time I punch in, then set up the department end caps. Then I do scheduled and random inventory counts (at least 50 a day) while i grade the deportment for bad product. I then scan out all the shrink that I pulled and then review the next days order all before 7:30. Then I clean the receiving area and work out back stock while waiting for my truck. I have about 6 employees that i must give direction to during the day. I also assist the deportment manager in weekly paperwork. analyzing sales trends and preparing store displays for future weeks sales. I also monitor employee hours and manage payroll.

The hardest part of the job for me is my schedule I typically work 45 to 50 hours a week. I don't like how my schedule always changes. Id prefer some stability in my work schedule.

My most enjoyable part of my job is the diversity of tasks I must do in a day. Its busy and i like to keep busy while at work.
Fun place to work, everyone was like family.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLSeptember 22, 2015
Associates are like family, well trained and organized. There is opportunity to move up, however management hours make it hard to raise a family. A large amount of drama, politics, and favoritism.
Pros
stock options, friendly associates
Cons
long hours and short breaks, hard hours with no life outside of work, hard to work around school hours
Terrible management & careless
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNSeptember 9, 2016
I'm sure not all publix are like this. I've heard a lot of great stories, but this one was terrible. Started out part time with a schedule of 2pm-11pm, unfortunately there was never a single night we were allowed to leave at 11. The earliest usually was by 1am but even often extended to 4:30 in the morning. They wouldn't even let anyone contact their parents/loved ones/guardians that they'd be home late. Weren't even allowed 15min breaks. Also on some nights where I had worked until 3am or 4:30am, I was scheduled to work 3.5 hours later at 8am to 6pm. The managers were rude, smart mouthed, and careless.
Pros
They let you have lunch.
Cons
Careless, rude, ridiculous hours.
Great Place to Work With Wonderful Management
Cashier, Bagger, Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 28, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Publix. The management had employee appreciation cookouts, the benefits were awesome because they included insurance and tuition reimbursement as well as a 401K benefits.
Pros
Great Benefits, Relocation possible
Staff and coworkers are great to work with. Comfortable environment, plenty of opportunity for job advancement.
Cashier/Customer Service/ Deli (Current Employee) –  Tyrone, GASeptember 6, 2016
On a typical day i go in and take care of items which need to be scanned out or decreased in order to keep up with inventory. I also help take care of customers a lot of which are regulars and very nice people. I learned how to socialize and with and keep the attention of people from various backgrounds and also work with people as a unit. My co-workers are people who have been in customer service for majority of their working experience or previously retired and wanted a job that wasn't high stress and they could look forward to going to on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job can be dealing with your occasional unruly customer, and juggling handling customers while maintaining items on the floor and making sure everything is in stock and available for customers and at times getting the deliveries, especially on busy days. I enjoy interacting with customers and co-workers.
Loved the Employees
Bagger/Cashier/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMarch 24, 2016
A typical day for me started at 5PM every night. I was always put on the night shift for some reason even when my available hours were set at any time. I would come in and from 5PM-8PM I would bag groceries, use the cash register, help customers to their cars, bring carts back inside, and assist customers with any questions. From 8PM-10PM I would start my chores for the evening. Usually I was put on restroom duty. I would go into the bathrooms, clean the toilets, wipe down mirrors, load toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls, load soap dispenser, empty the trash, sweep the floor, and mop the floor. After all of the bathrooms were taken care of, I would head upstairs into the employee lounge and clean off the tables, load paper towels, sweep, and mop the floor. Other nights I would take out the trash from the entire store, dust mop the whole store, and vacuum all the rugs in the store. From 10PM-11PM I would help out where ever needed. After closing I was responsible for running the floor machine. After I was done I would meet up with the rest of the customer service team and we would level the entire store.

I learned that to do a good job you have to follow the rules that are in place.

Management was just ok. I felt like they never really cared about my advancement in the company. Even though I was a "bagger" I was on the register for multiple hours every shift, and I was never offered a Cashier position.

My co workers were some of the best people to be around during my time. They made coming into work, worth it.

The hardest part about my job was deal with rude
  more... customers who were constantly making of fun of me to my face. Some people who intentionally knock over a garbage can when I was next to it, so I would have to pick up the garbage by hand. One lady I helped to her car was so upset that I wasn't walking as fast as her, she gave me a 20 minute rant about how I was fat and should lose weight.

The most enjoyable part of my job was making a lot of friends with my co workers and getting to help the customers. I love helping people.
Pros
good benefits, flexible scheduling
Cons
barely give out full time, bad upper management, over whelming amount of rude customers

4.2