Publix Employee Reviews

Found 6,939 reviews matching the search
Nice place to work, not enough pay
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 12, 2017
Publix is a great company to work for, if you start working there at a very young age and never leave. Pay isn't great and is just not enough to live off of for those of us who are a little older, are trying to live on our own and have children. Great environment to work in with mostly great co-workers and management.
good
Front Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLJuly 12, 2017
Publix is an excellent place to work it was just not for me. I enjoyed my coworkers and the work at Publix the only thing is that you never know how many hours a week you will get to work. During the summer it is a slow season it is unpredictable how much you will get to work
Pros
stock options and profit sharing
Cons
unpredictable amount of hours
Great Place to work, Not Great pay.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 12, 2017
I worked for publix for 3 years, You deal with many different types of people on a day to day basis. However, for the most part all of the guest are friendly. I got better at dealing with customers, managing money, and communication. The management and the culture is fantastic. The hardest part was just complicated customers, but I enjoyed most of them.
Benefits
Cons
low pay
Safe clean environment. Respectful Management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJuly 12, 2017
Publix provided a safe and clean environment in which to work. Management was very respectful and assisted in training. Provided opportunities to cross train for other departments.
Pros
Flexible hour schedules
Cons
Late night hours
Great starter job
Bagger, Stocker (Former Employee) –  Irmo, SCJuly 12, 2017
Publix is a great company to work with. You really get to know your customers well. The stores are very clean. If you are working there long enough you can get stock with Publix.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Sometimes you work very late
A relaxing work space
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 12, 2017
I am a dillard high school student that would love to apply for a job if any one is hiring please contact me i would love to be working with you and customers
Pros
On time always
Cons
Short breaks
great place to work and a career built company
PRODUCE MANGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2017
great company,very professional,great benefits,friendly employees. I really loved working at Publix for 19 years. Publix taught how to become a better leader,business man.
quick fast pace selector of produce.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJuly 12, 2017
Great company to work for great benefits. . Stock investment only for publix employees. .. awesome place. Thanks load unload trucks at timely manner.
Pros
free lunch clean cafeteria.
Cons
great benefits
Fun workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Hudson, FLJuly 12, 2017
A super great place to work for if you want to excelle in management and continue on with the publix company! Managers are great and help you out a lot.
Worked as a stock clerk
Stock Clerk/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 11, 2017
Worked as a stock clerk for a few years and helped bag in front of the store when needed. This was a good job but was not able to meet/sustain my financial needs.
Pros
Gained understanding of grocery industry
Cons
Long late hours
awsome place to work in
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 11, 2017
Great customer service fast paced working cashiers, great shopping environment, awesome buy one get one sales. Love their deli food its amazing always get great service in that department to and they even take lunch order over the phone , so when customer comes in their order is ready.
Fast-paced workplace with good pay and benefits
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 11, 2017
The work here is very fast-paced. As soon as you clock in you are immediately decorating cakes and cupcakes while, at the same time, making sure the cake orders are correct and ready on time for the customers pick up.
Pros
good pay, great benefits
Cons
short breaks, work on holidays
Great Company
Assistant Meat Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 11, 2017
Plenty of opportunity for advancement and a very stable company. Management is willing to work with associates and coach them to get them ready for management.
I loved being around my co workers, my manager was amazing
Printing Service (Former Employee) –  LakelandJuly 11, 2017
I loved being around my vo workers, the managements was amazing! I loved waking up going to work everday. My manager thought i was a hard worker. I loved it.
Pros
Free lunches, great benifits, great people
Cons
Short breaks, long shifts
Work Experience
Cashier/Front Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, FLJuly 11, 2017
This was my first job and despite previous reviews about the company I applied for a bagger position while in high school. I quickly became a cashier and from cashier, I moved up to a front office staff trainee. My overall experience at Publix was fine, but I would not recommend working there if your intent is not to move up in the company. Some of the managers at my store would favor one associate over other associates, and there was some prejudice among management.
Pros
Free items
Cons
No healthcare or tuition reimbursement for part-time associates
The worst job ever
Front Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLJuly 11, 2017
During the season time, it is fast paced there. However, if it is just a regular day, it is sooooooo slow. The customer service manager was not the best. There is clear favoritism shown. Advancement was nearly impossible there. That job was way too serious for no reasons whatsoever.
Pros
Cons
everything
pretty decent
Pharmacy Technician/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJuly 11, 2017
pretty nice job, every one is really nice and helpful. They are kind and train you and even when you need extra help they are there for you. super firendly
Pros
easy and nice associates, hour long breaks, paid once a week
Cons
standing all day long
goodgreat place to work nice enviroment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  dadelandJuly 11, 2017
great place to work nice environment. the people are very friendly. at this store it gets very busy ,but you get used to it after a while. lots of benefits
Publix has financial pay off if you make it into management.
Produce Clerk/ Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLJuly 11, 2017
Publix has financial pay off if you make it into management. Work life balance needs improvement on the retail side of business. There are pros and cons to every business. Job stability would be the pro.
does not recommend
Cashier/ Front Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 11, 2017
Managers are rude, hours get cut, and they pick and choose who they like or dislike. I dont care for the publix that i work at. i am just ready to move up in life, and become better of myself

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Publix. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2