Pueblo Community College Employee Reviews

could be better
Director (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COSeptember 22, 2017
the president has a created a culture of animosity and silos. it's difficult to get anything done because of the policies that have been put in place - and the president will tell you to your face that things are great and you need to leave if you disagree. It's been a struggle
benefits
Cons
leadership, managment, policies
Great people to work for but stressful and demanding at times
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COSeptember 5, 2017
A typical day required the review of the work week, what needed to be set up, when, and where. Alot of heavy lifting, and hussle. Not many hours available, as students are only allowed 20 hours a week.
Pros
Always busy, fun venues to set up for
Cons
Requires a great deal of physical effort, at times stressful
Great Place to Work
work study student/administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 17, 2017
While I was attending PCC, I got a work study position in the Computer Information Systems department. This was by far the best job I've ever had. I only wish I hadn't graduated so I could still work there.

The people were great, the environment was easy-going and nothing untoward or outrageous was ever expected of me.
Pros
People, Environment
Cons
Couldn't Work There Forever
Family Enviroment
Cashier Manager (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 14, 2017
All though leadership can change there. Those who have jobs there tend to keep them because of the community ties. PCC is a warm and welcoming place
Productive and a great learning experience
Student Mentor & Class Aide (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 12, 2017
Working as a work study at Pueblo Community College was a great learning experience. The people you work with are amazing and very helpful. The overall experience of being a work study at PCC was a positive one that helped to pave my future career choices.
A very good place to work
Controller and previously Assistant Controller (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 11, 2017
Pueblo Community College has been a great career move for me and my family. I attended the college strait out of high school and feel this is why I am where I am now.
Pros
great pay, great staff
Cons
extremely busy in the summer for my position
Good Tutoring Job
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJune 20, 2017
I worked as a tutor for Pueblo Community College, and I assisted students with math, science, and English. I helped struggling students with classes recalling what I learned in English, Algebra, Trigonometry, Chemistry, and other courses. I got paid to teach what I learned my high school years and college.
Pros
Getting paid to teach knowledge
love haveing fun and learning new things
career building (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 30, 2017
lead be example and treat people the way they would wont to be treated i have high expectations for my self so i love to work hard and push my self to be be and to get a better out come
Pros
happyness and success
Cons
accomplessment
Many smiling people happy to be serving college students
Building Services (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 18, 2017
PCC was an awesome experience and place to work. The people stick together for the most part and you get a sense that you are like a part of a big family.
Great
Facility services work study (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 1, 2017
The people I worked with were very nice. I enjoyed my place on the team and felt welcomed there. The job was pretty easy that we usually finished with time to spare. Also learned some new things.
Enjoyable
Records Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 10, 2017
This was a great place to work! Gave me great job skills i.e. typing phone etiquette, data entry, and so on. Love everyone I worked with, it's like a family unit here.
Pcc
Filling of papers and assistant to STEM Director (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 8, 2017
Great Atmosphere, People and management. Learned alot from everyone and enjoyed everyday!Peole were always willing to help and always willing to give challenges.
Great Employer
Part-time Temporary Test Proctor (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 2, 2017
I imagine it would really depend on what department you were in, but all the employees that I met always loved their positions and their departments. Great place to work. Loved it. Just wish I hadn't of had to move or I'd still be there somewhere.
Pros
great job scheduling hours
Cons
cant honestly think of any - Im sure they probably exist.
Work Study
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CO 81004March 14, 2017
I worked here as a work study during college. I loved that PCC had this as an option for me. This made college worth while to go in from Rye, which is 40 minute drive to Pueblo. My day was full and I still had time to study.
Pros
Schedule worked around classes
Cons
it was temporary and not benefited.
Productive and fun work place
Pueblo Community College Work-study Employee (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COFebruary 19, 2017
Excellent educational support, engaging with academic advisers to obtain my Associates of Arts degree, opportunity to build customer service and strengthen verbal skills, demonstrate leadership; strong interaction with diverse customers, faculty, staff, and students.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
no overtime/ limited hours
Use to be a great place to work, current administration has made it un-enjoyable.
Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COFebruary 12, 2017
Focus is being taken from the students' education, to how many "completers" they can produce.
Faculty not shown the respect they deserve based on their education and commitment to the learners.
Working toward becoming more of a technical school than a liberal arts college.
Fair Minded
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 3, 2017
You get what you put into the job very fair minded. The Students were great to work with and the benifits were nice. The hardest part of the job was preparing for classes.
Pros
Breaks during lectures.
Cons
lecture preperation not paid.
Great Community College
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CODecember 21, 2016
Great Place to work, Great place to learn. Management is great, Teachers are great. Everything is great! A must if you live in the state of Colorado, especially pueblo!
Productive and Professional
CO-English Professor/Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cañon City, CODecember 19, 2016
Supervisors are always happy to answer questions and provide feedback. I look forward to going to work because it's a rewarding job to help students reach their goals.
Productive and intellectual
Pharmacy Technician Student (Current Employee) –  StudentSeptember 12, 2016
I love it here. Furthering my education is very important to my children and myself. I will succeed and thrive for success.