Puget Sound Blood Center Employee Reviews

Great place to volunteer!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WASeptember 5, 2017
I enjoyed my volunteer time at Puget Sound Blood Center. I work at the front desk checking donors in. I also have the chance to chat with donors and monitor them after their donation. I also enjoyed the work environment, the technicians work well with the volunteers. I appreciated working for a good cause as well as like minded individuals who like to do good things for others. I also traveled to the refinery and other places in the community for their location donations.
Pros
Free Cookies, and Great Conversations with donors!
Great mission
Technologist-Donor Testing (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA 98104June 28, 2017
Collaborative, intense, fast-paced, fun, great mission, close to good restaurants, cool workers, great products, excellent location, instrumentation!!
Intense work but ever changing environments
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAApril 8, 2016
You have to be a special kind of person to stick needles in people! Must be caring, compassionate, able to put patients at ease over and over again. Must be able to maintain focus on task at hand (and maintain integrity of samples or product being collected) while exuding an air of calm. Repeated emergency situations can become emotionally exhausting for a more sensitive individual. Some room for growth within company, but limited to supervisory positions or changing departments altogether.
Pros
Laid-back environment, compassionate staff and management
Cons
Blood, vomit, seizures - you become habituated to emergencies!
Bad Work Culture
Mobile Operations Lead Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 19, 2015
Negative work culture; lack of communication between departments; CEO has no idea what is going on within his own organization; co-workers are great though
Excellent work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WASeptember 20, 2015
Great work place learned a lot on how the community comes together to help with a cause when needed. Did a lot of blood drives out in the community.
Strong team enviroment
Blood Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 28, 2015
Assist donors with screening for eligibility and the donation process. Understand what is involved within the regulations to keep the units safe for the public. My manager is available for information and allows my team the freedom to problem solve. I work with a team that supports each other.
Pros
mY
Cons
Heathcare benefits
Wonderful team support; good talent challenges
Report Developer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 12, 2015
In the short term contract I was at the Blood Center, it was a great experience. The people were more than happy to help and answer questions, and the challenge of the environment was wonderful to learn.

Typical day consisted of putting out any 'Fires' that were eminent, then working on long term goals for the organization.

Management, Ken, was superb. Available when needed, yet not over-bearing.

The most difficult was learning the ins and outs of the environment; multiple servers, applications, and generating data between main frame and MS
Pros
Lots of food, always. Everything was celebrated with abandon.
Cons
Parking. Downtown Seattle, that is to be expected.
Co-workers are amazing
Lead Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 12, 2015
The Puget Sound Blood Center struggles to run well, but the co-workers help make up for the downfalls. Most days are fun and enjoyable when you get to work with such great people.
Efficient and organized organization, strong volunteer network
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Whatcom, Skagit & San Juan CountiesJanuary 26, 2015
Blood Services, Medicine, Research can only be achieved by the strong, loyal and dedicated donors and volunteers. It is an honor to be of service as a health care professional. Being a volunteer is fun!
BIOINFORMATICIST (PART-TIME) (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 8, 2014
Great people who are truly inspired! They are a small group but I felt like they carried about their workers.
Puget Sound Blood Center
Administrative Assistant - Temporary (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WashingtonSeptember 23, 2014
Currently I am at the reception desk of Puget Sound Blood Center Research Institute. A typical day for me consists of distributing mail, signing for packages from outside couriers, answering the main research phone as calls come in and transferring to appropriate persons, I am also in charge of parking and conference room reservations.
Rewarding Career
Volunteer Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 31, 2014
Great opportunity to interact with people interested in helping the community.
A challenging job with great people that enables me to work with the public on a daily basis
Blood Collection Specialist / MA Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WashingtonJune 13, 2014
My typical day at work includes preparing our equipment for loading to our truck and traveling to our location. Once at our location for the day, we unload our equipment to be set up on site.

I get work with co-workers that are great at their job and are fun to be around. They take their job seriously but are able to enjoy their day and make the experience pleasurable to the donors.

The hardest part of this job is the loading and unloading of our equipment on a daily basis. The equipment is extremely heavy and some sites are harder to navigate than others.

The management generally backs the technicians on all fronts. It is only rarely that this does not happen.
Loved my donors
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 3, 2014
My advancements were minimal and offered to the select few that were in favor of my superior. Small window for advancements.
Pros
good health benifits
Cons
bad managment and supervisor
Many great people, management lacking
Senior Technologist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 12, 2014
You know what they say, a few bad apples spoils the whole bunch...
Cons
Health insurance is not so great
Do not work in Blood Collection Services
Phlebotomist/ Technician (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 16, 2013
This place used to be a great place to work.No more. I have worked here more than 5 years now. The good news? The donors are wonderful, giving people who believe in the donation of blood to help others! Good for them! Great donors! The volunteers are wonderful by giving their time for a worthy mission! The bad news? Management (or lack of). Poor leadership, self serving, disorganized, reactive, arbitrary, unfair and basically don't give a darn about employee retention or employee satisfaction. High turnover for Techs. HR a joke. (Don't even go to them). If you want experience in Phlebotomy, work there for a short time and then get out while you can. Benefits? Very poor. Especially health care. Low pay. This place needs to be union to protect the rights of its workers. Here there are no protections for the worker. Seek employment elsewhere.
Pros
Days off
Cons
Too many to list
this company doesn't care about its workers
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 28, 2013
Morale among the worker bees is poor. We rarely get thanked. It's very difficult to get days off. Schedule is irregular, unpredictable. I would not recommend employment with this company.
Pros
better than average benefits
Cons
nearly impossible to get days off, lucky to get consecutive days off, HR & management poor
Good people fun experience
Supervisor Revenue Cycle (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 18, 2013
Good people fun experience. Some support from Management.
awesone
Tissue Recovery Tech (Former Employee) –  washingtonJune 23, 2013
great place to work, wonderful people and a great job! Pays is very good.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
fun and greatful place to work
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAMay 15, 2013
Greeting donors, monitor them after they donation and offering beverages and cookies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Puget Sound Blood Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Puget Sound Blood Center Reviews by Location