Puget Sound Blood Center

Puget Sound Blood Center Employer Reviews

A challenging job with great people that enables me to work with the public on a daily basis
Blood Collection Specialist / MA Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Tukwila, WashingtonJune 13, 2014
My typical day at work includes preparing our equipment for loading to our truck and traveling to our location. Once at our location for the day, we unload our equipment to be set up on site.

I get work with co-workers that are great at their job and are fun to be around. They take their job seriously but are able to enjoy their day and make the experience – more... pleasurable to the donors.

The hardest part of this job is the loading and unloading of our equipment on a daily basis. The equipment is extremely heavy and some sites are harder to navigate than others.

The management generally backs the technicians on all fronts. It is only rarely that this does not happen. – less
Loved my donors
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Everett, WAJune 3, 2014
Pros: good health benifits
Cons: bad managment and supervisor
My advancements were minimal and offered to the select few that were in favor of my superior. Small window for advancements.
Many great people, management lacking
Senior Technologist (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 12, 2014
Cons: health insurance is not so great
You know what they say, a few bad apples spoils the whole bunch...
Do not work in Blood Collection Services
Phlebotomist/ Technician (Current Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 16, 2013
Pros: days off
Cons: too many to list
This place used to be a great place to work.No more. I have worked here more than 5 years now. The good news? The donors are wonderful, giving people who believe in the donation of blood to help others! Good for them! Great donors! The volunteers are wonderful by giving their time for a worthy mission! The bad news? Management (or lack of). Poor leadership, – more... self serving, disorganized, reactive, arbitrary, unfair and basically don't give a darn about employee retention or employee satisfaction. High turnover for Techs. HR a joke. (Don't even go to them). If you want experience in Phlebotomy, work there for a short time and then get out while you can. Benefits? Very poor. Especially health care. Low pay. This place needs to be union to protect the rights of its workers. Here there are no protections for the worker. Seek employment elsewhere. – less
this company doesn't care about its workers
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 28, 2013
Pros: better than average benefits
Cons: nearly impossible to get days off, lucky to get consecutive days off, hr & management poor
Morale among the worker bees is poor. We rarely get thanked. It's very difficult to get days off. Schedule is irregular, unpredictable. I would not recommend employment with this company.
Good people fun experience
Supervisor Revenue Cycle (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 18, 2013
Good people fun experience. Some support from Management.
awesone
Tissue Recovery Tech (Former Employee), washingtonJune 23, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
great place to work, wonderful people and a great job! Pays is very good.
fun and greatful place to work
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WAMay 15, 2013
Greeting donors, monitor them after they donation and offering beverages and cookies
Quality research institute
Post-doctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Seattle, WAApril 9, 2013
A good place to work in Seattle. I learned about blood banking.
Good Mission, Great Employees, Horrible Leadership
Full-Time Employee (Former Employee), SeattleMarch 21, 2013
As recently as five years ago, this place was an unbelievable organization to work for. It's unfortunate that inexperienced leadership has turned this company upside down so quickly.
A good place to work
Senior Tech (Former Employee), 2703 Everett Ave. Everett Wa.February 12, 2013
I enjoyed meeting and talking to all the blood donors,and listening to there stories as to why they donate blood. Also the staff there is great.I made a lot of lasting friends.
Silo's are us
Worker (Current Employee), SeattleJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: free coffee and tea
Cons: pay, heavy handed leadership, frequent layoffs and firings
High turnover. Silo mentality is hard to cure. Tech positions have heavy turnover. Frequently less than 2 days off between shifts. Understaffed. FDA issues.
Challenging Rewarding and Very Productive
Donor Technician Driver Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Silverdale, WAJuly 12, 2012
Pros: fun fun fun
Cons: never enough blood!
This position has may rewards! The days go fast and the donors are great people to work with they make everything worth while. The skills that are made available are A-1. The Training Department gives you all the necessary tools to be a skilled professional. As your proficiency improves so does your potential to advance increases. They reward you often – more... and recognizes your achievements. The benefit package is one of the best in the industry! The staff are very helpful knowledgeable and eager to help you succeed in your career.
What I learned while working for the great company its always better to put the needs of the donor first to give them a great experience. They make all the difference! – less
Performing many tasks that assisted technologists
LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 4, 2012
Pros: autonomy and great co-workers
The best job I have ever had. I was given many tasks with a high level of autonomy. I provided assistance to the supervisors and technologists that allowed them more time to concentrate on their bench duties and paperwork.
Every day we help save lives.
Donor Resource Representative (Former Employee), EverettJanuary 30, 2012
Pros: saving lives every day.
Great company for advancement. They are very good about hiring within. Not or profit company.