Puget Sound Educational Service District Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Positive environment and excellent place to grow professionally.
Interim Executive Assistant to Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJanuary 16, 2017
Friendly, supportive staff. Staff was willing to show me how to use new programs. Accepted me for who I am. Ethical and people oriented.

I answered phones, greeted visitors, scheduled appointments, arranged travel, listened to employees concerns and shared with cabinet staff, opened mail, made copies, followed-up on projects on behalf of the superintendent, created agendas, proofread documents for other departments as needed.

I learned how to use WordPress and how to post expenses per their accounting department procedures.

The co-workers were incredible, and the hardest part about the position was leaving.

The most gratifying part of the position was solving problems and parent concerns.
Pros
Recognize your strengths
Fun place To work and they take great care of their employees.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Renton, WADecember 3, 2014
Great Agency to work for but quite dificult to obtain employment with.
Many Positions Tied to Soft Grant Monies
Prevention/Intervention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAOctober 4, 2013
The difficulty in working for Puget Sound ESD is wondering if you are going to have a job from year to year due to the wild funding swings that have been occurring in education and social support services in the past decade.

As an employee who provides services in designated schools, I am paid much less than school district employees with similar education.
Great Agency
Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAApril 28, 2012
Lots going on with interesting people in varied job capacities
Pros
great colleagues
Cons
salaries is a bit below par