At Puget Sound Energy (PSE) we have a long tradition of service, and an exciting and innovative future ahead!
Consider PSE for the next step in your career.
Communications Initiative Program Manager #33479
Puget Sound Energy’s Corporate Communications Department is looking for a Communications Initiative Program Manager to join our team! This role will be responsible for the effective management of the communications component of key strategic company initiatives and issues. They will provide input to strategic planning process. The ideal candidate will identify cross-initiative opportunities for improvement, potential risks, and utilize mitigation techniques. Through cross-functional collaboration and excellent team building and management, this position will be a key initiative team member and pro-actively clarify and challenge expectations and assumptions about each initiative and issues reflecting the customer perspective.
This is an excellent opportunity to play an integral role within PSE to help us better serve our customers, the environment, and the communities in which they live. PSE provides an environment where all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to achieve maximum performance. We offer a comprehensive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan and an employee assistance and wellness program. Gain the energy to do great things through a career with Puget Sound Energy!
- Leads the communications component of strategic company initiatives and issues, providing support to other initiative teams as needed. This includes development and implementation of the initiative commmunications work plan and team coordination and project management.
- Identifies and prioritizes the key initiative and issue risks and develops the risk management and mitigation plan that addresses each risk in a timely and efficient manner. This requires close coordination and communication with all members of the initiatives team.
- Provides input into the development of the department's strategic planning process and input into the evolution of PSE's communication strategies and approaches, including new media technology, engagement strategies and processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, media, business innovation, strategic leadership/management or related field, and 7 years relevant work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven experience in managing increasingly complex projects with cross-functional teams and in an ever-changing and fast-paced environment.
- Practical and successful application of community engagement strategies and tactics including the use of new media applications.
- Proven experience in customer touchpoint mapping, assessment and improvement.
- Ability to contribute effectively in peer management teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skills and experience in collaboration and team building.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage multiple priorities and irregular schedule commitments.
- Proficient in MS Office tools.
- Advanced degree in strategic leadership or management.
- LEAN certification, Project Management certification or Six Sigma certification.
- Broad knowledge of gas and electric utility rates, business objectives, to include operations, customer service, finance, and corporate relations.
PSE offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. PSE is an Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please apply online at http://www.PSE.com/careers
Indeed - 9 months ago
A sound investment, Puget Energy is the holding company for one of Washington State's largest utilities, Puget Sound Energy. The...