**APPLY AT HTTP: //WWW.PSE.COM/CAREERS. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED THROUGH INDEED WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED**
At Puget Sound Energy (PSE) we have a long tradition of service, and an exciting and innovative future ahead!
Consider PSE for the next step in your career.
Senior Financial Reporting Analyst or Below #24751
Puget Sound Energy’s Financial Reporting Department is looking for a Senior Financial Reporting Analyst or below, depending on qualifications, to join our team! The Financial Reporting Analyst will prepare internal and external financial statements and financial reports. They will also participate in monthly accounting processes and ensures SOX procedures and controls are being complied with and working according to documentation.
This is an excellent opportunity to play an integral role within PSE to help us better serve the environment, our customers and the communities in which they live. PSE provides an environment where all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to achieve maximum performance. We offer a comprehensive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan and an employee assistance and wellness program. Gain the energy to do great things through a career with Puget Sound Energy!
- Perform complex accounting and analysis functions.
- Technical accounting research and evaluation and interpretation of accounting pronouncements and SEC regulations.
- Monitors accounting guidance developments and assesses impact to the business.
- Prepares and/or reviews consolidated financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Reviews the work of other financial reporting analysts.
- Prepares internal, external, and regulatory financial reports as related to the financial statements.
- Responds to requests received from management and other departments and represent the department at company meetings.
- Leads or participates on special projects/research within the department.
- Complies with internal controls and actively update SOX 404 procedures.
- May act as a subject matter expert.
- Provides training and guidance to less experienced staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, or Accounting.
- 5 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated accounting and analysis experience.
- Strong leadership, mentorship, and coaching skills.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Strong PC skills (including Excel and Word).
- Certified Public Accountant or candidate.
- Working knowledge of technical GAAP guidance and ability to apply to transactions.
- Experience with SEC documents and filings software.
- Intermediate skills with PowerPoint.
- Experience with SharePoint.
- Strives for excellence in work product.
- Continually improve work processes and procedures.
- Skilled at identifying problems and developing solutions.
- Driven by results.
- Experience with SAP.
- Prior experience in utility industry.
This opening will be filled as a Senior Financial Reporting Analyst or Financial Reporting Analyst depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
PSE offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. PSE is an Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please apply online at http://www.PSE.com/careers