At Puget Sound Energy (PSE) we have a long tradition of service, and an exciting and innovative future ahead!
Consider PSE for the next step in your career.
Senior Internal Auditor (2 Positions) #50042
We are looking for two business savvy Senior Internal Auditors, preferably with experience working for a Big 4 firm, to join our team to plan and conduct operational, financial and compliance audits within Puget Sound Energy. One of our Senior Auditors will focus primarily on IT, so experience and familiarity within a technology-driven environment is a plus. Specifically, experience performing as an Auditor in an SAP environment is preferred. Our new Senior Auditors will be joining a dynamic internal audit team and have an opportunity to work across many areas of internal audit and gain exposure to various parts of the Company. The individuals will perform audits and consulting engagements with a great deal of autonomy working within the department’s engagement framework and under the Institute of Internal Auditor’s international professional practice standards. The successful candidate will be someone looking to grow and develop in their career and assist the organization in implementing best business practices while encouraging innovation and dedication to customer service and safety.
PSE is a forward looking and responsible energy utility with 136 years of history serving the Puget Sound region. We focus on providing safe, reliable low-cost energy service to more than 1 million electric and 750,000 natural gas customers. We are a national leader in wind power and the second-largest utility owner of wind energy facilities in the United States. The company’s revenue is in excess of $3 billion with assets of nearly $9 billion. We employ nearly 3,000 individuals and cover a service area population of approximately 4 million.
Our corporate goals are as follows:
− Be well, get ready, stay safe
− Drive value, drive growth
− Go big
This position is an excellent opportunity to play an integral role within PSE to help us better serve the environment, our customers and the communities in which they live. PSE provides an environment where all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to achieve maximum performance while maintaining work/life balance. We offer a comprehensive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan and an employee assistance and a robust wellness program. Gain the energy to do great things through a career with Puget Sound Energy!
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Undergraduate degree in business, accounting, finance or field related to the type of audits performed.
- 3 years prior substantial audit experience, or specialized subject matter expertise.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, PC skills, team building skills and the ability to work independently.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
- 5+ years prior substantial audit experience, or specialized subject matter expertise.
- Certification as a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor is desired.
- Significant knowledge of company accounting systems, operations, policies and procedures.
- Experience in utility operations, construction environment, engineering project management or IT
- Experience with Internal Audit tool sets – GRC modules, data mining and data analytics
- Experience working in highly regulated environment
- Hold a professional certificate (e.g. CIA, CPA, CISA, PMP, PE)
- Strong business acumen
- Experience in using tools such as ACL, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, SAP
PSE offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. PSE is an Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply. To apply, please go to www.PSE.com/careers.