Puget Sound Energy

Puget Sound Energy Employer Reviews

Highly productive staff and management
Engineering Analyst (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: supportive supervision and skilled staff members
Cons: needs support for connection between contract staff members and regular staff.
Great place to work for workplace and personal life balance.
a
Senior Manager (director) SAP Enterprise (Current Employee), aJuly 8, 2014
interesting company - always evolving

interesting company - always evolving
PSE is a company in transition.
Director,Customer Care & Revenue Management (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: smart people
Cons: leadership development
Overall a learning experience. Lot's of opportunities to improve in leadership, technology and customer focus.
Public Utility
Credit & Collections - Payroll & Inventory (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 27, 2014
Pros: good benefits and salaries
Cons: mergers and lay offs
I began as a temp and ended up working for this utility for more than twenty years. I began in the Credit Department and enjoyed my various duties.

All supervisors and managers I had were very good. It was an open and friendly work atmosphere. The workforce was varied and interesting and I am still friends with many former co-workers.

If you are able – more... to take direction and follow policy and procedure, you are left to do your job and treated like an important part of the group. – less
excellent workplace
Human Resources Advisor (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAFebruary 7, 2014
solid utility with many smart and innovative people. enjoy the coworkers
Great opportunities
Manager (Current Employee), Bellevue, WADecember 12, 2013
PSE is a great place to learn and find new opportunities for growth
Great Company and great benefits.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bellevue, WANovember 4, 2013
High volume call center working with customers on billing or service issues.
Great Company and great benefits.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bellevue, WANovember 4, 2013
High volume call center working with customers on billing or service issues.
PSE - The Energy to Do Great Things
Records Specialist (Current Employee), Bellevue, WASeptember 19, 2013
Pros: gym, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, freedom to explore career path, retirement and 401k
Cons: recent layoffs and forced retirements
The greatest asset Puget Sound Energy has is it's people. Puget Sound Energy has been a terrific place to work for the past seven years. PSE has a long history of taking care of it's customers and the environment. Those are important values to preserve. I have been able to learn and grow and meet some of the most caring and capable people I have ever – more... met. The work is challenging and interesting. Employees are empowered and supported to stretch and grow. The most difficult part of the job would be finding a career path once you have created a new job for yourself. Sometimes it is easier to develop new processes, however sustaining them can be a challenge. Change can also be a challenge to navigate as there have been so many reorganizations in the past five years. I recently graduated from DeVry University thanks to Puget Sound Energy's terrific tuition reimbursement program. The benefits at PSE are great. – less
Great co-workers, tough call center
Customer Service CSRII & Lead (Former Employee), Bellevue, WASeptember 11, 2013
Pros: great people to work with.
Cons: somewhat regimented organizationally, not much job flexibility.
Took an average of customer 120 calls per day in call center environment using IBM AS 400 with Rolm system and predictive dialing for credit. Learned about electrical distribution, credit, energy conservation, event organization, what good customer service is, how to diffuse hostility, and expeditiously meet customer needs.

The most enjoyable part – more... of the job was great training, nice co-workers, nice managers, and good benefits.

The hardest part was taking calls during storms, "assembly-line" of incoming hostile calls, figuring out high energy consumption patterns without being present at the customer's home. Poor people who couldn't pay their bills, etc. – less
PSE is a family oriented company that values their employees and provides them with good compensation, benefits, and opportunities for advancement
Single Family New Construction Program Manager (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAAugust 31, 2013
Pros: telecommuting, paid time off, paid holidays, good health benefits
Cons: stressful job, time constraints to getting on the job training, commute to bellevue was terrible
I was on salary so I worked to get the job done no matter what the hours or days were. A typical day at work would be to make contact with my external partners confirming our programs were in place and working to their benefit. Also making sure they were receiving any incentives owed to them in a timely fashion. I also was always working on internal – more... processes and systems improving their capabilities across programs and with my external partners. I managed staff to coordinate their schedules to do QA in the field and also set meetings with partners to discuss programs, issues, or any other items they may want.
One of my main focuses was to keep my budgets on track and meeting their savings goals while staying within the budget. I did daily forecasting based on the marketplace and the state of single family new construction homes and the economy. My budgets consisted of earning kWh and therm savings and I would be transferring one budget to another if one wasn't meeting its target. Researching out other means of meeting savings targets such as new products to justify and promote. Worked heavily with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to promote energy efficient appliances and lighting and the ENERGY STAR label. These efforts in fact won my program 3 years of the ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year. I worked closely with the Master Builders Associations coordinating utility programs with their building classes an seminars. Made sure we were available for events to promote our programs if there were such events scheduled during the week or on weekends throughout the service territory. I worked closely with our marketing department to make sure we had the correct marketing mix to promote programs in the most efficient ways, hitting the correct market the home buyers, contractors, builders, and any other partners in the building community.
I also did cost effectiveness research on new products to bring on to the program. I wrote the program plans that were works in progress and ever changing based on the market. – less
N/A
Gas Control, Gas Controller (Current Employee), Redmond, WAJune 18, 2013
• Monitors the SCADA system for abnormal operating conditions,
anticipating system conditions requiring action, and providing
appropriate response to those conditions.
• Responsible for ordering changes in regulator settings, customer consumption rates, injection of compressed or liquid natural gas, remotely adjusting pressures, requesting operation – more... of standby equipment, and reconciling monthly gas volumes with Williams.
• Responsible for maintaining records of gas characteristics such as heating value, specific gravity, odorant level, and reporting any changes from normal standards.
• Assist Manager and Sr. Gas Controller with issues relating to Gas Control, serving as the liaison with Williams Northwest Pipeline, TES Planning, System Control and Protection, Gas System Engineering, and Gas Trading. – less
Great job with great benefits.
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee), Poulsbo, WAJune 2, 2013
Pros: goodpay & benefits
Cons: layed everyone off and contracted the work out ot potelco
Drove truck and maintained and installed new electrical circuits.
Decent Place to Work
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAMay 3, 2013
Pros: beautiful location, good friends at work, great benefits
Cons: terrible management
Typical day at work is just fine. Assisting customers over phone, in-person and via email. Focus on providing great service to every customer. Leadership of department does not support employee advancement, employee development, and does not ensure for positive employee experience. I most enjoy the customers I work with on a daily basis. The worst part – more... of the job is the people I report to that somehow find a way to make it a very negative and unfriendly place to work. – less
Public utility
Data/Systems Analyst (Contractor, Volt) (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 1, 2013
Pros: stable employment
Cons: neutral work environment
A middle-of-the-road employer, stable employment for FTEs. A rule-book management approach. Fair communication with customers/co-workers.
Good company
Financial Analyst (Contract Employee) (Current Employee), Bellevue, WANovember 12, 2012
Nice place to work, I haven't worked here that long so I guess I can't say much more than this
Good Company to work for.
Temporary Seasonal Worker (Former Employee), Bothell, WANovember 9, 2012
Not enough one on one for training for a new position.
Over hired for Seasonal Helpers.
Crammed to much training, no time to study or take home study materials
It's changing
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Bellevue, WASeptember 24, 2012
Pros: people, healthcare, paid time off
Come in with a high salary and stay for the long haul their field, can demand a high salary up front, and doesn't need to move up. PSE pays less than the market rate for most positions and does so because of their benefits. A lot of positions at PSE offer decent work/life balance. That's been changing in recent years and it's a departmental variable.

The – more... people are wonderful. Generally people here are warm and understanding. The company is change adverse but has been pushing through a lot of change recently. Jobs at PSE can be moved to any PSE location without a renegotiation of salary.

I really enjoyed being able to work on issues that affected the company. PSE trusts its employees to do the right thing. – less
Dead end place to work. No hope but at least it is work.
Professional (Current Employee), Bellevue, WASeptember 19, 2012
Pros: some people work from home
Cons: management
not a great place to work. bought out 5 years ago by a foreign company and has been declining ever since.
Managerment out of sync with employees. Job titles are very important
No chance of advancement.
I was told, by management, if I got another job that no one else would want my job because they would not get paid enought.
Group not well managed and no training was provided.
Associate Municipal Land Planner (Contract) (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJune 26, 2012
Pros: free lunchs, use of company vehicles
Cons: no benefits, no paid time off and no possibility for permanent placement, no parking, no public transportation passes provided
I liked my co workers and the work itself was interesting. Would have liked some training instead of just being handed random tasks with no idea as to how it fit into the larger picture. Best part of the job was doing site visits to see our hard work in the office in action.

About Puget Sound Energy

A sound investment, Puget Energy is the holding company for one of Washington State's largest utilities, Puget Sound Energy. The – Read more