Puget Sound Energy

Puget Sound Energy Employee Reviews

Comfortable environment with opportunities to move around
Engineer (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Work/life balance, diverse opportunities, benefits
Cons: Lower pay compared to other nearby utilities
I learned a lot in my time at PSE and the company culture is great for maintaining a work/life balance. It can be hard at times to see great work get recognized, but the people in the company are motivated to produce great results and support one another.
Admin specialist
Resource Coordinator (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJune 29, 2015
I worked at this position for only one year before moving up to Resource Coordinator. I learned as much as possible about the differenent systems PSE uses to for reporting.
Dynamic Utility
Manager, IT Security Infrastructure (Current Employee), Redmond, WAJune 25, 2015
A challenging place to work. Can be fun, but really depends upon the management team that you work for. In some cases, the "utility mentality" takes over and it can be a very difficult place to work.

The organization is in constant change - it is exciting and, again, challenging, but it makes it difficult for the organization's processes to mature. It feels like a constant state of chaos.
CCC
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Bothell, WAJune 24, 2015
Call center work. Tedious, repetitive, and not rewarding. Very little opportunity for advancement; mostly seen as a foot in the door type of position.
Senior Evaluation Analyst (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJune 15, 2015
This is a good place to work with great work-life balance. I very much enjoyed my time. The people are nice and the company provides lots of opportunities to grow and develop. Lots of opportunities to move up the company once hired.

If you constantly want to learn new things you will have to change jobs there every two or three years. But, it has a really great 401K plan. I know lots of people who left and then came back to work for Puget Sound Energy. I have to write two hundred words for this review and so I am just going to start typing random words until this thing accepts my rating. I feel like this review is asking me to write an essay on my former employer, an essay no one wants to read. people want quick facts about a company without having to read a bunch of essays.
Rewarding experience working to preserve our environment!
Lead Distribution Coordinator (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Holding community festivals.
Cons: Driving my personal car.
Organized initiative to promote reducing energy consumption and environmental environment consciousness.
Coordinated staff, volunteers, and large and small-scale community events.
Developed strong relationships with community sponsors and volunteers.
Advancement is very easy but management is a revolving door
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Bothell, WAApril 29, 2015
Pros: Pay, employees, some management, storm mode overtime
Cons: Some management, very repetitive, call handel times
I worked at PSE for 8 years about and the pay was amazing. It is very repetitive answering the phones with the same questions each day however I did learn how to speak with customer's and defuse stressful situations. I learned how to handle each phone call to the best of my ability and making sure the customers didn't have to call back with the same request. The management at PSE was different it seemed each week. So you rarely ever knew who your boss was. My co-workers however are the main reason I stayed working here for so long. But many employees do not stay as long as I did. Most past employees (manly CSR 1's) were not there for longer then 1-2 years. However CSR 2's had many senior agents that were there before the merger of Washington Natural Gas and Puget Power. The hardest part of my job was having to met unreasonable call times, hold times, wait times. transfer times etc. But I always did. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and my customers.
Great Company
Sr. Power Cost and Energy Risk Analyst (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAApril 28, 2015
The work is challenging but very interesting. I learn something new almost everyday. I enjoy working with PSE’s renewable resources and assisting on regulatory and policy decisions.
Getting better
Snr Fnncl Plnnng & Strtgc Initiatives Analyst (Current Employee), BellevueMarch 31, 2015
The company is on a good track to be a great place to work.

My co-workers are like family.. some you love, some you can't stand, but you love em all the same in their own way.

Managment is generally lackluster, a few good apples are trying to reinvent the culture, but it will take some time.

Hardest part of the job is nothing, as nothing is hard if you put your mind to it.

Most enjoyable part is the care from other employees.
A Great Place to Work
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Redmond, WAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: great work culture, wonderful people to work with, great benefits and compensation
Cons: busy schedule
I have so much to say about my experience with PSE. I can only best summarize it as, they gave me the excellent foundation for being an overall great employee. The work culture and integrity they promote and uphold have given me the confidence in my career to know I can succeed anywhere. My typical work day at the least was very busy. Everyone works very hard and takes on alot of responsibility but, the benefits (PTO) are very good and almost every department has a flexible schedule option. They provide you with learning opportunities from within the company, as well as promote internal advancement. The mentality at PSE is that they are always doing what they can to make it a "Great Place to Work" and they certainly do that.
terrible company
Customer Service (Current Employee), Bothell WAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: you get paid.
Cons: self insured company for health care, they rip you off.
Terrible company to work for. HR says don't come to work if you are sick, but people come in sick all the time because they are so adamant about being there. If you aren't there you will eventually get fired, even if you are legitimately ill. You get treated like a pion, they don't care about your ideas. This place will seriously eventually drive you to get sick because of the people there, and the management agenda from the top down is insane.
Good place!
Contract Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: contactors = no benefits. but the pay was good.
I worked as a contract graphic designer for 10 years and was probably one of the best experiences of my professional career. Nice people, smart people. Great projects to work on and continuous education opportunities were always available.
A typical day at work
Arc Welder (Former Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 6, 2014
Cleaned all construction areas to avoid hazards. Performed heavy labor such as ditch digging, paving and hauling. Arranged and stored materials, machines, tools and equipment. Mixed and laid concrete to raise top of manhole to the street level. Transported materials, tools and machines to installation sites. Assisted in caulking pipe joints to properly seal them. Used a pick and shovel to dig, spread and level dirt and gravel. Welded meter sets for large build sites.
Highly productive staff and management
Engineering Analyst (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: supportive supervision and skilled staff members
Cons: needs support for connection between contract staff members and regular staff.
Great place to work for workplace and personal life balance.
a
Senior Manager (director) SAP Enterprise (Current Employee), aJuly 8, 2014
interesting company - always evolving

interesting company - always evolving
PSE is a company in transition.
Director,Customer Care & Revenue Management (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: smart people
Cons: leadership development
Overall a learning experience. Lot's of opportunities to improve in leadership, technology and customer focus.
Public Utility
Credit & Collections - Payroll & Inventory (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 27, 2014
Pros: good benefits and salaries
Cons: mergers and lay offs
I began as a temp and ended up working for this utility for more than twenty years. I began in the Credit Department and enjoyed my various duties.

All supervisors and managers I had were very good. It was an open and friendly work atmosphere. The workforce was varied and interesting and I am still friends with many former co-workers.

If you are able to take direction and follow policy and procedure, you are left to do your job and treated like an important part of the group.
excellent workplace
Human Resources Advisor (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAFebruary 7, 2014
solid utility with many smart and innovative people. enjoy the coworkers
Great opportunities
Manager (Current Employee), Bellevue, WADecember 12, 2013
PSE is a great place to learn and find new opportunities for growth
Great Company and great benefits.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bellevue, WANovember 4, 2013
High volume call center working with customers on billing or service issues.

About Puget Sound Energy

A sound investment, Puget Energy is the holding company for one of Washington State's largest utilities, Puget Sound Energy. The – Read more

Puget Sound Energy Salaries