Seeking a CFO for a 70 person, private label and custom accessories designer/supplier serving the golf, team sporting goods/collegiate, and lifestyle markets.
As a key member of the Senior Management team, the Chief Financial Officer will report to the CEO and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. It is preferred that the successful candidate have a CPA and/or MBA with at least 2 years of experience in a similar leadership position at a small to midsized company. He or she must be an experienced finance leader who not only can manage the financials, but also can contribute to broad business decisions, be a thought process partner, and be an operational leader as well. Direct supervision of a staff of 6-8 accounting/administrative and technology.
The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing and managing all financial-related activities of the company. This will include responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, product and job costing, legal, property management, deal analysis and negotiations and forming relationships with key vendors, customers and financial institutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model, and operational execution.
- Working with CEO, President, and VP of Operations; assess organizational performance against both budget and company’s long-term strategy.
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the Senior Team and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Engage Senior Team around issues, trends, and changes in the operating model(s) and operational delivery.
- Assist in establishing yearly objectives and meeting agendas, and selecting and engaging outside consultants (auditors, investment advisors, etc.).
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with company strategic plan, especially as the organization pursues licensing partnerships, new manufacturing partners, and other business collaborations supporting growth and evolution of the business.
2. Financial Planning and Analysis
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports; Monthly profit and loss forecast by division (vs. budget); Cash flow forecast.
- Complete analysis of financial results; Develop recommendations (strategic and tactical).
- Develop and execute analysis of various business initiatives (ie: starting new division, new product launches.).
- Develop and maintain budget.
- Assist in development of financial planning and analysis exercises/reports.
- Manage lending and capital relationships.
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed.
- Oversee cash, investment, and asset management.
- Develop and manage financing strategies and activities.
- Develop and manage banking relationships.
- Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analysis to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans.
4. Planning & Policy
- Responsible for proper preparation of annual budgets.
- Develop financial business plans and forecasts.
- Participate in company policy development as a member of the Senior Team.
- Engage Senior Team to develop short-, medium-, and long-term financial plans and projections.
- Represent the company to financial institutions, auditors, public officials, etc.
- Remain up to date on best practices and state and federal law as pertinent to our business.
5. Accounting & Administration
- Oversee the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and functions; supervise staff.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting; oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Coordinate audits.
- Proper preparation and filing of tax returns (sales, commercial activities/tax).
- Coordination of Federal, State, Local income tax returns with external CPA firm.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Mentor and develop accounting and administrative team, managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team dynamic.
- Oversee direction of Information Technology, and accounting and order entry software (including staff).
6. Accounting Activities
- Oversee preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements.
- Prepare and record all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and company overhead cost allocation.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems.
- Serve as final point of escalation for Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable issues.
- Serve as key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of sound credit & collection policies.
7. Cash Management
- Oversee weekly cash management; Approve weekly payables; Execute check signing.
- Oversee Accounts Receivable management and provide support to collections activities.
8. Insurances/Real Estate/Legal Affairs
- In coordination with VP of Operations, manage the company’s insurance programs.
- Manage the company’s real estate affairs consisting of leases and sub-leases; Negotiate new leases or lease renewals; Coordinate with real estate counsel.
- In coordination with VP of Operations, manage any company legal affairs.
- Contract analysis and negotiations – knowledge of licensing contracts preferable.
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required:
1. A minimum of BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA highly desirable.
2. At least 2 years of experience as CFO or equivalent.
3. Experience working with information technology staff to manage finance and accounting software packages.
4. Experience in a senior financial-management role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management strategies.
5. Experience in strategic planning and execution
6. Excellent negotiation and communication skills
7. Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate team
8. Willing to work within a flexible schedule
9. Willing and able to travel regularly
10. Previous experience in the apparel and accessories industry preferred
Position located at company headquarters in Findlay, Ohio (company also has showroom/office in Irvine, CA).
Indeed - 18 months ago
Based in Findlay, Ohio, Pukka combines an overseas proprietary production process with first-class customer service. Our leading product...