Pulaski Technical College Employee Reviews

Relaxed atmosphere
Adjunct Business Instructor - Business Division (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJanuary 9, 2018
Relaxed atmosphere, positive environment. Would highly recommend to others who are interested in higher education as a long term career. The staff is friendly and cares about the students.
Fun work environment
High School Recruiter, Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 20, 2017
Great work environment with a family oriented feel. Always new projects to work on and students to help. If you show initative you have the ability to help on many different projects.
Exciting Work Environment
Accountant (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, AROctober 2, 2017
Working with students and parents gave you the ability to learn communication skills and compassion. Everyone works hard and cooperates to make work enjoyable. The hardest part is helping people who are frustrated. The most enjoyable part is helping people get the information they need to finish what they need to get done.
Pros
Differing job duties
Cons
Angry people
Great place for school
Full time student (Current Employee) –  Benton, ARSeptember 8, 2017
I love going to school at Pulaski Tech I don't work there. I am a Student The teachers are great the students want to learn. The staff is the best I have every seen
Overuse of Adjunct Faculty, top heavy on administrative side
Adjunct Instructor (part time) (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARAugust 31, 2017
Utilizes a lot of adjunct faculty and in the three years I was there didn't hire any adjunct faculty as full-time. Very heavy on the administrative side. Administrative positions are readily created and filled. Does not invest much into new teaching materials or lab supplies.
Pros
Supply students with tutoring support and computer labs. Great parking.
Cons
Atypical working hours.
Dedicated to the student's success
Part Time Insructor (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARAugust 11, 2017
This school is one of the largest two year schools in Arkansas. It had a huge growth spurt but he enrollment is now down. Some attribute this to the new president, but the growth was an anomaly and the base from which students are drawn has been shrinking for several years. A typical day would involve taking roll, teaching a class, prepping for the next day which may include photocopying and grading papers.
Productive and relax work enviorment
Career Coach - J.A. Fair High School (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 4, 2017
I really enjoyed my time working at Pulaski Technical College and would work there again. I had a great supervisor. I had coworkers that cared about each other.
I have enjoyed attending Pulaski Technical College continuing my education.
Homemaker (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJune 12, 2017
I have really enjoyed continuing my education through out the years at Pulaski Technical College. The school has been extremely convenient for me and my family.
great managment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 27, 2017
good experience, laid back workplace.

What a typical day started off by clocking in waiting for customers, assisting customers. just a typical work vibe.

Things of land was good customer service pays off. Management really sees how you're doing when it comes to working with customers. I have learned to deal with customers that are both rude and nice.

Management couldn't be any better. Respectful and professional, Will let you know if you're doing something wrong. And will assist you if you do not know what to do.

Hardest part about the job is when gets crowded and you have move along quicker.
workplace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMay 17, 2017
a typical day at work would be answering phones, data entry, filing, fax, excel, helping students, Its a fun environment to be in. The hardest part is when students don't pay attention. the most enjoyable part is being able to help.
Fun job teaching college Speech classes (part-time).
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  N Little Rock, ARApril 25, 2017
I enjoyed the 10 years I spent teaching the night and weekend courses. The subject of Speech Communication enables the instructor (professor) an excellent opportunity to mix lecture (theory) with speech presentations (application of the theory to "real-life" experiences).
Pros
Doing what I love most!
Cons
Working some Saturdays.
Good Work
ACADEMIC COACH (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJanuary 26, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of team meetings, organizing folders, creating events, promoting events, tutoring, and compiling data. I learned too many things to mention them all, but the most valuable lesson I learned was stay professional in all things you do. The management consisted of professors and administration.
The work place culture is best described as a learning environment.
The hardest part of the job was balancing the numerous task that somehow just created themselves as we were creative in our approach to reach students. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping students achieve what they believed they couldn't.
Great School
Student (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, AROctober 12, 2016
I loved every second of my education at Pulaski Technical College. I really excelled at my craft and fell in love with so many other crafts. Thanks PTC for making my life better!
Work Study
Floater (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, AROctober 8, 2016
I did the work study program, it had a nice environment with understanding management. Since I was part time I did not receive any benefits and a set time period, but the manager allowed me to work extra days if needed.
Pros
Free lunch, free drinks, allowed over time, flexible.
Ptc
Human Resources Analyst (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARAugust 2, 2016
I have learned a lot at PTC. When I was first hired I didn't have any idea what to do in HR. Through the years I have learned so much and had some room to grow. I really love working and being here for the employees at PTC when they have a benefit issue or just need someone to talk to. I have developed many friendships at PTC.
Pros
Had learned alot in the 6 years of being HR.
Cons
No much team work in the area that I'm in.
Food Production
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 28, 2016
Educate students on the basic points of Chef Professionalism, Lecture students on sanitation in the work place. Develop proper kitchen equipment procedures, and knife skills.
Pros
Golden Career
Cons
Salary
Very fun place to work and I have enjoyed my time here
Purchasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMarch 30, 2016
The hours are *;00am to 4:30pm. The Christmas break we have is nice as well. I have enjoyed my time here and really enjoy my co-workers. I especially like being able to help the faculty and staff to purchase what they need for their students.
great opportunity as an intern
CIS Intern (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMarch 21, 2016
- assist teachers and staff
- knowledge sharing is highly encouraged
- great pace and teamwork
- 57 labs on 7 campuses
- faulty and staff are a pleasure to work with
Always here for the employees at PTC
Benefits Analyst, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARFebruary 22, 2016
I conduct all new hire orientations and complete new hire paperwork. I also communicate with all the vendors about employee elections of benefits and send deductions to payroll for processing. I have learned a lot of laws and procedures while in this role in HR at PTC. I really love helping employees out and if I don't know the answer I will find it for them or direct them to who can better help them.
Pros
Great support around the campus.
Cons
No room for advancements.
Great opportunities while working towards degree and can make some extra money
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJanuary 12, 2016
I was able to go to school and work. Giving back is great. So many activities for employees and students. I will always suggest going through the ambassedor program and doing work study.