PulteGroup, Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work.
Receptionist / Model Home Greeter /File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIJuly 9, 2016
Pulte Group Inc is a great company to work with, the entire staff are friendly and professional. I really enjoyed working here.
Very good company
Superintendent/ Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 8, 2016
Timely close-out of projects including completion of punch list. Prepared and maintained accurate and timely construction progress schedules; Worked with Subcontractors to monitor job progress from start to projects’ completion at front end for all interior finishes. Interface with home owners on monthly basis. Submission of all close-out documents (i.e.. manuals, certificate of occupancy to home owners). Distribute contract documents, Communicate & deliver project information to field personnel and subcontractors in a timely manner. Approved final Application for Payment to subs.
Pros
Free Lunches
Great co-workers
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 30, 2016
The people you work with day to day are great but management would say one thing and do something completely different. The hardest part of the job was telling the homeowners you could not help them.
Great place to work and learn.
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJune 29, 2016
Company really cares about its employees. Even while working hard (80 hours+ a week), the environment was fun and focused. They believe in paying for performance. I just happened to join at the peak of the housing market. They treated me very well.
Purchasing Data Input
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIJune 26, 2016
A typical day was the input of purchasing data for all locations. Periodically we would have to contact Purchasing Managers for verification on certain items.
Poor business practices
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 20, 2016
Very high volume loan processing center. Did not care for their work ethics in trying to get customers several mortgages on top of ones they already had in order to obtain a Pulte home. Most of the applicants were either foreign or elderly. Work crew was great, some of the hardest working people I ever had the pleasure to work with. Processing center closed in Charlotte luckily
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Too much work, questionable practices.
Productive and fun workplace with strong family values.
CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGEMENT INTERN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 26, 2016
The Pulte Group, Inc. is based off of strong family values and spreads its ideals across the company. Pulte believes in great employer-employee relationships and great customer service. Management is super understanding and always concerned. Just a great work family to be a part of. Pulte does a great job at taking care of its employees.
Pros
Better pay compared to the industry. Overtime pay is available. Great benefits.
Cons
Most positions are paid hourly.
Structured, seven day work week
Division Vice President - Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Medford, NYMay 3, 2016
Myself (and my team) worked diligently, passionately nearly 7 days a week as our company was very large and we were required to travel both nationally and internationally.

I was trained in management to seek excellence in every thing I endeavored to achieve.
Pros
Learning state of the art new home construction from an expert builder
Cons
Not especially work/life balanced
Caring, efficient and effective organization
Regional Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 30, 2016
Pulte Mortgage has been in the business of financing the American Dream for more than 40 years. Re-imagining how the business can improve is a daily theme.
Pros
Constantly Engaging
Cons
Capacity fuctuations
Construction Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Carmel, NYApril 27, 2016
Company does not care about employees. DO NOT Work for these people. Poor contracting by purchasing department leads to poor work ultimately to be blamed on you, and only the customer really suffers.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Terrible Management
Construction Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Garfield, NJApril 27, 2016
Worked for company for 12+ years through a very difficult market fluctuation only to be treated like nothing more than a number. Company cares more about closings than customers and certainly a great deal more than employees. Employees are nothing more than replaceable parts to this company. Be ready to put work first, family is to be put way on the back burner.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Terrible Management
Great Part Time Job!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 30, 2016
Had the opportunity to sit in luxurious model homes and chat with potential buyers while doing home work in my spare time, which there was plenty of!
Pros
Free time to do homework, free wifi, working alone
Cons
Can be hard to get a hold of other staff if you have a question
Excellent Company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAMarch 10, 2016
The 11 years I worked for Pulte Homes had been a great experience. I was part of an amazing team. I learned a great deal about home building and business management. I had great support from upper management. I loved going to work everyday!

I, unfortunately, had to leave due to the project in RI came to completion. My relocation to the next community brought on a 2 1/2 hour commute on the home commute. It started to affect my personal life. There was no other position or site for me to transfer to and I was faced with a very difficult decision.
productive and fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 9, 2016
I started out as a receptionist for Pulte Group and advanced within a year to an Assistant Escrow Officer for the Title Company. I really enjoyed working for Pulte Group.
First job, great company
Monitor - The Club at Madeira Canyon (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 3, 2016
This was my very first job. Typical tasks changed throughout time as the market changed and housing needs shifted. Great overview of customer service, data entry, membership services, and receptionist tasks day after day.
High Turnover:
Purchasing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 24, 2016
STAY AWAY FROM NPS/NFS. Employees are under paid for services provided. You are constantly treated like a child and management lacks skill set. If you are incompetent but smile you have a really good chance of being promoted although the promotion percentage is so small, you will need to use a microscope to view it. The organization feels like working in a manufacturing plant with exception of having AC. The organization lose staff members monthly due to high volume of work with relatively low pay. This organization will not enhance your skills. The positions are mainly administrative and does not require someone with a degree to perform the tasks. And NPS gives out errors. Yes errors. This company is pathetic.
Cons
Great Co-Workers who like to have a fun time
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 13, 2016
Great people that you work with. Upper management can be unrealistic especially during the new growth in number of homes closed vs. staffing.
Pros
Quarterly Meetings at fun places
Cons
Upper Management is unreasonable at times
Great Company
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Central Islip, NYFebruary 13, 2016
This company works hard and plays even harder. You definitely get rewarded if you work hard. There is a lot of room for growth especially if your a man. You will learn a lot about the housing market, real estate, building a home, dealing with the different towns and counties to get permits, etc.
Pros
Great Bonuses and incentives
Cons
your outside in the cold a lot but your body will assimilate.
Productive and fun work environment
Procurement Agent (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 13, 2016
My typical day started a 8 am and finished working in the office at 5 pm. The I would spend 4 to 6 hours in my home office finishing up daily activities and preparing for the next days work load.
one big family
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAFebruary 7, 2016
the amount i learned in the almost 10 yrs of being with pulte homes was to much to list my team was great original leadership was awesome to say the least and it was a fun place to work.
Pros
learning never stopped
Cons
crash of the const buss. around 05 06 changed the work place and team leadership dramatically.