PulteGroup, Inc Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 19, 2017
Pulte homes is a great place to work. Starting from the management all the way down to the hourly team members, Pulte Homes has a great culture and working environment.
Good while I was there
Finance and Accounting Intern, Finance (Former Employee) –  Estero, FLAugust 11, 2017
I was a intern a long time ago for the summer so I was only there a couple months, but everyone was helpful and willing to teach which was appreciated
This was a great company to work for.
Distribution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 5, 2017
My day at work started with receiving mortgage loans to prepare for dispersing. Assisted loan counselors with ordering credit reports and appraisals. I also worked as relief receptionist when needed.
Pros
Being able to cross train in various departments
Love working outdoors and this job provided that opportunity
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Bernardsville, NJJuly 24, 2017
Challenging job that kept me busy and engaged ever day. Quality company with lots of ability for advancement. Great working relationship with superiors and fellow workers.
Pros
Free training
Cons
Long days and most Saturdays.
Poor company to work for. Terrible management thats unprofessional and aggressive.
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 23, 2017
Poor company to work for. Terrible management that is unprofessional and aggressive. As the Field Manager, you do not have the power to hire or fire trades. You are expected to make them show up on time and produce quality work.
Pulte is going downhill
Procurement Agent (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 11, 2017
It is very obvious that these ratings are written by the company so let me inform you about the ugly truth:

-No work life balance
-Building too many homes too quickly means that the employees are overworked and given unrealistic goals
-Tense environment. No one is happy unless they are the executives because they have a drastically better pay vs. everyone else
-New upper management lacks leadership skills
-No growth
Pros
sadly, none
Cons
poor pay, overworked, unrealistic goals
Professional Work Environment
Vice President Land Acquisition (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 11, 2017
Great place to learn the business. Easy to be proud of the quality of the construction. Best land locations. Best new home guarantee. Best geographic diversification.
Pros
Great place to learn the business.
Cons
Work is often weather dependent.
Manageable job
Field Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 10, 2017
A lot of hardwork needed to be successful, the work/life balance is very minimal because of all the take home work you are expected to do with no pay.
Pros
Manage your own schedule
Cons
A lot of "take home work" expected to be done off the clock and unpaid.
Good company, has a productive vision. Just need an open minded manager
AP Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2017
Pultegroup can be a wonderful place to work culturally, diversity, work etc. They have special events and perks that are great for the team and they did impliment team building events in which I appreciated.

However in my opionion there is a disconnect with the lower management team regarding understanding the day to day operations and simply understanding how to balance work loads amongst the team members.

A typical day for me is a heavy workload in which I could normally handle, however it became ovewhelming in the end due to the consumption of additional work due to the high turnover. The lower management team was not receptive to my suggestions for relief.

I have learned a lot from working at Pultegroup and have a high repsect for the Senior management there. I've had some good times there and most of all I've had the pleasure of working with some great team members and have met some great people from other departments.

The hardest part of the job for me is not being heard when suggesting ways to improve the department and processes for the team and being micro managed by a manager who is unfamiliar with my day to day job functions.
Pros
Great people, teambuilding events, pay is fairly well, diversity
Cons
High volume, high turnover, lower mgmnt not receptive to suggestion and ideas from team member. Know it all manager
Excellent
Mortgage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 6, 2017
Great Company. Love working here!! I would recommend this to anyone looking to work in a fun environment with the ability to learn and grow in the mortgage industry

Want to know more about PulteGroup, Inc?

Ask a question
The work enviorment is nice
Lead Records Management Administrator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 6, 2017
This company has a very high turn over in staffing. Its hard to stay focus on the day to day logistics do to the every lasting revolving turn over since I got here.
Pros
Very Flexiable Wrok Schduel
Great place to work, except frisco
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 6, 2017
This is a fantastic company to work for, with many superb managers. BUT.....Do not get stuck at the Frisco job site. The lead manager is VERY difficult to work for.
Pros
No weekends
Building Lifelong Relationships
New Homes Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 5, 2017
I enjoyed building relationships with first time home buyers and some of those customers are still my friends to this day. Unfortunately I was not afforded much of a work life balance but it was worth the sacrifice to watch someone open the door to their brand new home.
sweat shop and people mill
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 5, 2017
worse place to work..people mill..high rate of turn over average employee is six months. No employee loyalty from the employer.
Would not recommend anyone works there.
Very good company to work for.
Customer Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 2, 2017
Very fun staff to work with, culture very warm and company takes time out to have events to break up the work environment, Very caring company who cares about you as a person and not just an employee.
Pros
Company lets you do your job with out micro managing.
Cons
Long traveling.
Great culture but no work life balace
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 25, 2017
Overall the company is good, but the accounting department is overworked. Work life balance is non-existed if you want to do well in the company. Good employees are given more than a person can handle, and low performing employees are left alone with no consequence.
Pulte
Loan Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 20, 2017
This firm keeps you on the edge of high pressure, and high performance, but seriously low pay. The Walmart of the builder world, headquartered in Denver. I would use only as last resort. Management keeps you in the dark, while workers don't have much time to socialize. Your are limited to your germy, dust filled cubicle.
Pros
located in DTC
Cons
teeter on the edge of high pressure, often.
Work life balance at it's best.
Sr. Residential Draftsperson (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 13, 2017
They have crazy flexible hours and a fun work environment. As long as you get your work done, and put in 80 hours for two weeks, they don't really care when you work to an extent. They have team builders every quarter. But since it's so nice to work there, no one ever leaves. There are people that have been there for 20+ years. It's hard to move up the ladder.
Pros
work life balance, team builders, flex hours
Cons
hard to move up
Un ambiente de trabajo muy agradable las personas con las que colaboraba muy buenas personas eficientes en su trabajo esto hace todavia mas facil
Supervisor de Obra (Former Employee) –  PHOENIX AZ.June 6, 2017
el ambiente de trabajo era muy agradable y se hacia el trabajo mas liviano por que nos damos la mano todos esto hace un equipo fuerte y asi mismo mas ligero.
Cons
exeso de trabajo por nunca decir que no siempre trabaje hrs extras
hands down, worst job i have ever had
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 4, 2017
They are land builders only location,location, they do not care anything about the buyers, they care only about pushing up the price so high, to deliver profits to share holders. The product is build code only. They charge for every single option, and there floor plans are poorly designed.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PulteGroup, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.