PulteGroup, Inc Employee Reviews

good work place
Warranty Technician (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NJMarch 22, 2017
warranty work was great to do , i always meant someone new and people with different backgrounds which was cool, as long as you knew what you where doing and completed your work it was a good day
Pros
good management
Cons
had to bounce around to a number of sites in a short time
Great people and wonderful work culture!
SALES (Former Employee) –  VEGAS, ESMarch 17, 2017
Open the model homes, greet buyers, help buyers discover the features they want. Write sales contracts and follow up to make sure the buyers are happy. I have to say the home quality is well above industry standards. And they really do have excellent warranty service. They provide generous training and personal development plan for all employees.
Pulte was an amazing place to work!
Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 13, 2017
When you walked into the office, you loved your team mates and were excited to be there. WE wanted to get the job done as we loved the clients and the jobs we all did. Our team was a united cohesive unit!
Pros
fun, family focused, cared about the employees
Cons
they moved the office away back to denver NC
Productive work enviorment with plenty of work opportunities
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 7, 2017
If you are new to home sales a company like Pulte Homes is a great place to start. However, with there being a cap to the amount of annuall income a consultant can make. This may not be a good fit for more experienced consultants.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Work/Life ballance leans heavily on the work side.
Great Group of people very inavative ideas and conscepts to advance home construction metods.
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMarch 2, 2017
I worked for Pulte Homes twice, both times were very rewarding and enjoyable. I worked for them a total of 18 & a half years. both times that I was layed off were due to a Housing downturn. I would work for them again if given the chance.
Pros
Inavative, Progressive ideas & conscepts, great benifits, rome to advance.
Cons
Always subject to the housing economy.
Best place I have worked
Purchasing Agent/Construction Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIFebruary 23, 2017
A real feeling of community, autonomy and personal development while producing fantastic results in our operations. Great software to use, wonderful training, and real camaraderie. A true sense of team and partnership.
Used to be diffferent
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2017
Pulte used to have a very good family culture where the employees and their ideas were valued. However, in 2015 it became like most corporations - only concerned with the revenue and wall street. Massive layoffs are the norm. If you are part of the field and tied directly to sales or a regional office and not HQ - you will have a much better experience.
A wealth of Knowledge is available if you want to learn
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 14, 2017
I would have never have learned all that I know about land development, construction, or how to sell luxury homes if it had not been for the training offered by Pulte Group!
good
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2017
its a really great company to work for It is a career path for a young ambitious individual please feel free to apply for the company on their website
Fun place to work
Sr. Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COFebruary 11, 2017
Good place to work, lot of the people were good at their jobs however the turnover was high and in turn created a sense of pressure and challenge for the teams. It's a diverse place bringing good positive environment and a pleasant place to work.
run
Loan Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 9, 2017
I have been working at Pulte Mortgage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company not only proactively asks for employees opinions and feedback but actually works to make changes based on this data. Investment into those new to the industry is huge. Development for all is also a priority.

Cons

If you do not like to work hard, this is not the place for you. We work hard in a fast-paced environment and that is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep listening and keep adjusting.
High turnover for good reason
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 3, 2017
Management is willing to stretch people thin in order to reap temporary financial gains. Turnover breached 35% for the field manager position in the early part of 2017
Very good to their employees
Loan Closer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 23, 2017
The company takes care of their employees. They offer great benefits as well. They are always providing lunches to their employees as well great perks.
Pros
Free lunches and perks
Cons
Turn over
Great Benefits
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 4, 2017
Great company. They treat employees kindly. The benefits are great too! They provide a large lunch room with ping pong, foosball, a reading room and after hours classes.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Bonus Structure
Fast pace production enviroment
Architectural Job Captain (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 27, 2016
My current position requires daily interaction with internal and external resources to maintain project schedule, drafting and design standards, and budget compliance. I also provide software support for the option management CAD systems for all zone based resources.

The management team and co-workers are fully supportive of the company's Lot-Specific initiative.

The most challenging aspect of the role is to maintain the production schedule while the scope of Lot-Specific initiative is constantly evolving.
Pros
Corporate benefits, Travel, and mobile work enviroment
Cons
Work and Life balance
Post Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 13, 2016
Loved working here, was a great two years, almost wish it had not ended. Would work here again if had the chance. All co-workers were great and company really cared about the people.
Consumer Inspired, Advancement opportunities, challenging and fast paced work environment
Resource Planning Agent (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PADecember 12, 2016
Each employee is empowered to manage their workload and prioritize tasks accordingly. I have learned a great deal about the construction operations through the mentoring of both management and peers. The most challenging aspect of working for Pulte has been the large geographic range of the division. This creates the need for extended drive time in exchange for valuable working hours. What I enjoy most about working for Pulte is the constant focus on customer satisfaction and employee engagement.
Pros
Opinions matter; ability to influence change, flexibility
this place was pretty cool.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXDecember 4, 2016
I enjoyed working at this place. I worked there for over a year through a temp agency. There was not going permanent with this company but it was fun while it lasted.
Pros
the hours were good
Cons
no benefits
Fun place o work with free lunches
Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PANovember 17, 2016
I am going to miss the friends that I've made with Pulte for the last 10 years. We are a team and all work together. My career with Pulte has benefited me to grow and advance with the company.
excellent customer service
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 16, 2016
I gained a lot of valuable experience working this job. It was my first call center position and definitely prepared me for all other positions thereafter. I truly developed my excellent customer service skills in this position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PulteGroup, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

72%