Purcell Municipal Hospital Employee Reviews

very nice facillity
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Purcell, OKNovember 28, 2017
i reeally enjoyed working here. had great benifts and paid time off and sick days. i would recommend some one to work there . i really loved it , i just ended up moving out of state
Fun to work in the lab
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Purcell, OKAugust 31, 2017
I enjoyed working here. I enjoyed my boss and he made it fun. Had help from the techs when we were swamped with patients coming in to get their blood drawn. Kept me busy and not much time to be bored.
Pros
Got to interact with people
Cons
Not paid enough for all the amount of work
A day in the life of ER admissions.
ER Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Purcell, OKAugust 20, 2017
I worked ER admissions. Not a the fun location and you dealt with people who were ill or hurting. If you like fast paced work, this is the job for you.
personable environment but staffing cutbacks have quite overextended current personnel to fill work requirements
Clinic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Purcell, OKMarch 27, 2017
The beginning of my employment was satisfying because I was enabled to fulfill duties to increase productivity for physician services and corresponding reimbursement. The last year found the hospital struggling financially so service and personnel cutbacks made that caused duties to be completed for more than position hired for (sometimes the duties of 2-3 people additionally)and difficulty to perform proficiently required duties due to that change and no additional compensation
Need updates
Cashier/Receptionist/Speciality Clinic Clerk (Current Employee) –  1500 N. Green Ave Purcell, Ok 73080April 22, 2016
I have learned a lot working in the medical setting. The hospital is a good place to work that provides good on the job training. The co-workers could benefit from additional training in diversity and management needs more leadership training for staff so they can be well rounded.
Pros
Discount on medical bills for employees.
Cons
No so friendly environment.
ER Nursing
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Purcell, OKDecember 25, 2015
A typically day consists of triaging, treating non-emergent to emergent and critical patients. Some tasks involved included establishing intravenous access, drawing labs, giving medications, and taking vitals.
Pros
Excellent work experience
Cons
Lower than average pay
Good starter job in nursing
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Purcell, OKOctober 30, 2013
This is a small rural hospital and a great place to start your nursing career! They have a med-surg wing, infectious diseas unit and labor and delivery with minor surgery suites.
schedule manager & clerical duties
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Purcell, OKOctober 8, 2012
Wonderful people to work with, able to set own work pace and increase duties as I saw fit
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
little oppurtunity for advancement