Purdue Pharma

Purdue Pharma Employer Reviews

Great culture, but limited opportunity to grow
Financial Analyst, Rebates (Current Employee), Stamford, CTMay 27, 2014
Pros: great benefits, strong culture, commitment to the end user, technologically advanced, strong player in the pain management industry.
Cons: micro-management, poor communication from upper management, inability to grow career vertically, and challenging industry.
If you are looking to grow your career vertically, this is not an ideal company for you. Although there are people who have had 20-plus year careers at Purdue, it limits a younger generation to grow. Coming from an intense Big 4 background, I became easily bored as I was not challenged intellectually and received tireless excuses for not receiving more – more... work. Given the current change in the company and endless challenges in the market place, it is best for future applicants to follow the company but not apply to it until it provides further growth. – less
Sold Oxycontin, MS Contin, and Senokot
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee), Northern New JerseyMarch 13, 2014
This position was in the pain market. I covered the entire territory including institutions, private practice, and pharmacies. We helped introduce the new pain guidelines to physicians and staff in hospitals.
Crooks
Sr Admin Asst to Sr Dir, Mky Research (Former Employee), Stamford, CTFebruary 10, 2014
Cons: run by crooks
Senior management went to jail over Oxycontin. That says it all, in my opinion.
Excellent work life balance
Executive Administrative Assistant/Coordinator (Current Employee), Totowa, NJJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: compensation and location
Cons: company relocating after 19 years of employment
Throughout my career had continued success in which I was well compensated and able to maintain a great work home life balance.
great place to work
Sr. Manager (Current Employee), Cranbury, NJJanuary 9, 2014
Great place to work and great people! Compensation is not a problem. Management is very understanding and provides a great enviorment for working.
Great Company!
Law Department Coordinator (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJune 19, 2013
Purdue is a great company to work for, I received a lot of clerical experience.
The Most Enjoyable Career
Intermezzo Sales Force (Current Employee), Dallas/Ft. WorthMarch 2, 2013
Sales Right Message, Right Customer, Right Frequency, Right Product... I have been an effective sales representative for 14 years. I look forward to influencing the market and closing for my next sale.
Great company. My sales skills and knowledge for the medical field is growing immensely while employed with Purdue.
Pain Management Specialist (Current Employee), Portland, ORDecember 5, 2012
Pros: great experience launching, maintaining a market presence and growing product market share.
Cons: dry product pipeline.
My job is to grow current in bag product market share. I sell to Physicians, Office staff, Surgeons, Pharmacists and Hospitals. I have a sole territory and am in charge of all zip codes that align within my territory. I enjoy the discussion with my customers on health care, in bag medication, competition and managed care. I have a strong relationship – more... with the total office and get all members of the staff involved with product discussion. – less
Pay
Pharmaceutical Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 29, 2012
Pros: pay, car, upward mobility
Great comp and opportunity for upward mobility. The organization truly cares about its workers and has a comp plan that is typically achievable. Overall great org to represent.
Pharmaceutical Sales
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lima, OHNovember 27, 2012
This company is now out of business. It was taken over by First Horizon.
Very structured IT org
Network Engineer III - Sr. Server Engineer (Former Employee), Stamford, CTSeptember 23, 2012
A very busy workplace, gives you opportunity to explore new learning experiences, management are very professional and good mentors, co-workers are very professional, well balance work and personal lives.
Incredibly aloof employee's with degree's and no practical knowledge
Client Services Technical Associate (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJuly 5, 2012
Pros: free breakfast on friday's in the summer months
Cons: supporting aloof end users and management
A typical day of work is busy which is great because the day flies by.

Pro's: Turnovers are low. Advancement is rare and the time frame in which it happens isn't desirable because it doesn't match the tasks your ask to perform daily. But, you will advance. You won't be bored and pay will catch up with your performance one day and when it does you will – more... be rewarded handsomely.

Cons: The quickest way to advance is to soothe or know your peers. It has nothing to do with your job knowledge or performace. This could have you reporting to someone who doesn't know there job when new technology is inserted. If you don't take time to train your management in their ignorance or listen to this is how it use to be done you could find yourself out of a job. – less
Professional training and Respected Company
PROFESSIONAL PHARMACEUTICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Rockford, ILJune 2, 2012
I have learned a lot at Purdue Pharma, this company has helped me develop my sales style and my detailed messaging extremely well. I am seen as a resource and well respected by my physicians because of my product knowledge and professionalism.
Privately held company
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Stamford, CTApril 22, 2012
Pros: work balance, a typical day at work, entails daily responsibilties, in a great location, gym facilities, flexible hours
Cons: no career growth, under staffed, privately held
Privately held company that is specialized in the laxative and pain markets.
Excellent educational company
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, Winter Haven,Tampa, Zephyrhills, FLMarch 18, 2012
I learned a great deal about the pain management industry, pain management physicians, laws and regulations while with Purdue Pharma.

About Purdue Pharma

Purdue Pharma¬†helps bring patients relief from pain. The company specializes in developing, manufacturing, and marketing prescription – Read more