Purdue Pharma Employee Reviews

Good company
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 27, 2017
Purdue Pharma dedicates a lot of resources into developing it's representatives. Fantastic training department and culture. Would highly recommend this organization.
Disappointed with Purdue
Territory Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 24, 2017
Great salary. Unreal expectations. Management is sub par. Goals were inflated. No real direction with company. Entitled management with no leadership skills.
Good Reputation
Territory Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNFebruary 15, 2017
Purdue has had a good reputation in the past. Currently the company is struggling in the opioid market and does not have any sort of pipeline to help sustain the company in the future.
Pros
Good previous reputation
Cons
No pipeline to sustain company in the years to come.
Purdue is a great place to work!
Senior Scientist (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJFebruary 13, 2017
Purdue Pharma is an excellent place to work. A typical work day involves working with controlled substance in a GMP environment.
The company encourages work life balance. There are frequent training and lunch and learn sessions to enhance the individuals growth and well being.
Excellent products
Senior Territory Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 23, 2017
A leader in the pain market for decades, Purdue has lead the industry in abuse-detterant formulations of opioids for patients with chronic pain from a variety of conditions.
productive place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rhode Island, RIOctober 8, 2016
great experience where I was able to work in a difficult market place and yet learn great skill sets to make me successful.
A Great place to work with a good enviornemnt
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 7, 2016
A very friendly environment with a great culture. A lot of the workers have several certifications and are supported by the company to achieve their work goals.
Great Workplace
Sr. IT Lead / Associate Director (Current Employee) –  StamfordAugust 22, 2016
Great workplace with lot of opportunity to learn , which has changed a lot in recent years. Great co-workers which is enjoyable part of the job.
Job Activites
Territory Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 5, 2016
Executed a territory business plan for pain management, focused on health care professionals and providers in practices, hospitals and healthcare institutions. Developed and maintained relationships with key healthcare professions of targeted accounts while selling multiple brands.
Great Place to Work!
Shift Lead/Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 19, 2016
Great Place to Work! I have been around for 2 years time.
I have seen the bad and good
Hardest thing to deal with is usually the people and Management.
Great place for experience!
Pros
Great Place to Work
Cons
Change Management Communication could be better
Poor leadership
Finance (Current Employee) –  StamfordApril 25, 2016
Management creates fire drills that end up showing there is no strategy.
Staff has been with the company a long time. Lots of legacy here
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
no work life balance. Old school mentality
Productive fun place to work
Technical Process Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 25, 2016
The Leadership Team is completely in touch with the business. This is by far the most employee friendly company that I have worked in. Professional, hard working, top notch employees.
Pros
Four day work week
Cons
Health care is a bit over priced
Terrific company.
Senior Director, QA (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJFebruary 25, 2016
Great company with terrific benefits, and terrific products. Good solid leadership in place in particular in Operations and Quality. Expanding in NC
Good benefits
Quality Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 4, 2016
The department I am working on has no experienced manager and the poor quality management skills affect my life and my performance.
Tightly knitted group of personnel to work with.
Administrative Assistant./Grants Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stamford, ConnecticutDecember 21, 2015
* respond to emails, attend to urgent issues and answer phones.
* process grant applications and follow up on information required for grant processing for committee review.
* readily available for coaching and feedback on processes and other issues hat may arise.
* coworkers worked together a a unit and were always there for support even in personal matters.
* hardest part of job was following up with organizations to provide reconciliation for funds that were granted.
* being acknowledged and rewarded for a job well done
Pros
Positive feedback on company growth
Job Security
Product Complaints Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 14, 2015
I only worked for Purdue for about 7 months. The company had a reorganization and my position was not part of the reorganization. While I was working, I enjoyed working as a customer complaints specialist helping consumers use the healthcare products and ensuring that their issue was resolved by asking the appropriate department to help the consumer. The hardest part of the job was listening to the many sad stories that the consumers had but was glad that I was able to guide them to the correct person to help them resolve their issue.
Pros
Helpful community
Cons
Reorganization
Good work place
Sr. UI Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 9, 2015
As an UI Developer at Purdue Pharma, I like working with my team mates. I feel a friendly nature as well professional. Overall it is a great work place.
 Enhancing the product with new features as per client requirements.
Sr. Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 3, 2015
In any review, of course we’ll talk about performance. We’ll review the year, talk about company progress, the employee’s progress, and my own opportunities to improve. It’s standard fare. But what I want employees to talk to me about is what makes them happy (or unhappy) in their job and life and how the company or I can help maximize that happiness. If they ask that, then they know I care.

Supporting employees and providing an atmosphere and structure in which they can strive is one of the most important and challenging parts of building a business. So, regardless of how good or experienced managers are, getting your honest suggestions about how to help is invaluable.
Good company to work for
Senior Manager, Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Totowa, NJSeptember 25, 2015
Purdue Pharma LP has very good benefit. Work life balance is perfect. Culture is great. Purdue Pharma company is very accomodating
Sr. Analyst
Senior Analyst/Client Service Support (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 21, 2015
Coordinated sample delivery to promote our products. Worked in detail with the field force and the warehouse. I interacted very well with my co-workers and learned from many.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Management showed favoritism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purdue Pharma. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval