Purdue Pharma Employee Reviews

Tightly knitted group of personnel to work with.
Administrative Assistant./Grants Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stamford, ConnecticutDecember 21, 2015
* respond to emails, attend to urgent issues and answer phones.
* process grant applications and follow up on information required for grant processing for committee review.
* readily available for coaching and feedback on processes and other issues hat may arise.
* coworkers worked together a a unit and were always there for support even in personal matters.
* hardest part of job was following up with organizations to provide reconciliation for funds that were granted.
* being acknowledged and rewarded for a job well done
Pros
Positive feedback on company growth
Job Security
Product Complaints Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 14, 2015
I only worked for Purdue for about 7 months. The company had a reorganization and my position was not part of the reorganization. While I was working, I enjoyed working as a customer complaints specialist helping consumers use the healthcare products and ensuring that their issue was resolved by asking the appropriate department to help the consumer. The hardest part of the job was listening to the many sad stories that the consumers had but was glad that I was able to guide them to the correct person to help them resolve their issue.
Pros
Helpful community
Cons
Reorganization
Good work place
Sr. UI Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 9, 2015
As an UI Developer at Purdue Pharma, I like working with my team mates. I feel a friendly nature as well professional. Overall it is a great work place.
 Enhancing the product with new features as per client requirements.
Sr. Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 3, 2015
In any review, of course we’ll talk about performance. We’ll review the year, talk about company progress, the employee’s progress, and my own opportunities to improve. It’s standard fare. But what I want employees to talk to me about is what makes them happy (or unhappy) in their job and life and how the company or I can help maximize that happiness. If they ask that, then they know I care.

Supporting employees and providing an atmosphere and structure in which they can strive is one of the most important and challenging parts of building a business. So, regardless of how good or experienced managers are, getting your honest suggestions about how to help is invaluable.
Good company to work for
Senior Manager, Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Totowa, NJSeptember 25, 2015
Purdue Pharma LP has very good benefit. Work life balance is perfect. Culture is great. Purdue Pharma company is very accomodating
Sr. Analyst
Senior Analyst/Client Service Support (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 21, 2015
Coordinated sample delivery to promote our products. Worked in detail with the field force and the warehouse. I interacted very well with my co-workers and learned from many.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Management showed favoritism
Family-like atmophere in the Sacramento District
Sr. Medical Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 1, 2015
The Sacramento District had long tenured reps, half had 10-26 years working for Purdue. The other team members had 2-5 years' working with the Purdue family.

Up until two years ago, I personally knew members of upper management, from the Vice President of Sales and Marketing, down to Regional Managers and many District Managers. And I knew even more sales representatives, many of whom have been with Purdue for many years.

Purdue, privately owned, was a leader in pain management. Purdue hired the best of the best. Many in the sales force were veteran reps that had much success in previous drug companies. And we all collectively had a passion for selling our opioid pain medications and the principles of pain management, and that influenced new reps who joined Purdue. There was a feeling among Purdue reps that our sales force was the best in the industry.

Yet Purdue didn't feel like big pharma; it felt like a family business.

Two years ago, management changed with new people who in big pharma. Changes were instituted that turned Purdue into more like big pharma, which was intended to ensure Purdue can "compete, win and grow" going forward.
Pros
Family like, family-run company. Purdue's compensation package were one of the highest in the industry, and it included a pension. Purdue is a market leader in pain management, new products being launched every few years, there were many opportunities for growth and advancement.
Cons
Selling = Compliance, More compliance processes added to sales activities; selling much more difficult.
Great products lack of coverage
Pharmaceutical Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  CAAugust 24, 2015
If you are in a state with good managed care it is a good place to work.
Nice people access can be tough since no samples to get signatures for
Pros
excellent pay nice company car
Cons
not responive to ideas from field sales
Lots of Changes
Professional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 13, 2015
Good company that is undergoing huge changes. Pay is okay with base raises supposedly coming. Bonus have been good but are slowly being cut year after year.
Professional selling environment within the Pain Management market
Professional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 9, 2015
Challenging marketplace that is significantly impacted by both competition and a high level of regulation and formulary restrictions.
Pros
Strong product portfolio
Cons
Highly regulated marketplace
Great people to work with. Always upbeat & helpful.
Data Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 9, 2015
I had my daily responsibilities & made sure the infrastructure had no issues & addressed any that did. Coordinated preventative maintenance of the infrastructure equipment with facilities & vendors. Improved processes, standardized routine change requests, reviewed & negotiated best pricing on maintenance contracts. The challenge was updating the asset inventory for the data center as what existed was old & very few systems were labeled.
I am pleased at what I accomplished while I worked here. I completed the inventory for 3 data centers, up loaded this information into Data Center Operations. Improved work flow processes. Completing the data center consolidation project for one data center & assisted with the new data center in Durham, NC.
Pros
Overall a great place to work. I learned new software monitoring tools.
Cons
Being a consultant left out of CEO buiness meetings to the organizationn...
Great place to work and close to the train.
It lead SAP Procurement and SRM (Current Employee) –  Stamford Ct.March 16, 2015
Purdue has present opportunities for me to grow and advance across many IT teams. Purdue encourages Training and team shadowing for a rounded background.
This is a good, privately owned company.
Manager, Clinical Data Coordination (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 25, 2015
Purdue treats its employees well. As a small, privately-owned company, it treats its employees like members of the family. Because it is privately owned, it tends to be more nimble than a public company and this allows for greater efficiency. I enjoyed my tenure there.
Family owned pharmaceutical company that was always fun and challenging to work for.
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NHNovember 24, 2014
This job required top knowledge, initiative, and hard work. I learned the art of selling and the art of managing.
Pros
good pay for an honest days work.
Cons
smaller company so did not always have the best support from home office.
Great culture, but limited opportunity to grow
Financial Analyst, Rebates (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 27, 2014
If you are looking to grow your career vertically, this is not an ideal company for you. Although there are people who have had 20-plus year careers at Purdue, it limits a younger generation to grow. Coming from an intense Big 4 background, I became easily bored as I was not challenged intellectually and received tireless excuses for not receiving more work. Given the current change in the company and endless challenges in the market place, it is best for future applicants to follow the company but not apply to it until it provides further growth.
Pros
great benefits, strong culture, commitment to the end user, technologically advanced, strong player in the pain management industry.
Cons
micro-management, poor communication from upper management, inability to grow career vertically, and challenging industry.
Sold Oxycontin, MS Contin, and Senokot
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Northern New JerseyMarch 13, 2014
This position was in the pain market. I covered the entire territory including institutions, private practice, and pharmacies. We helped introduce the new pain guidelines to physicians and staff in hospitals.
Crooks
Sr Admin Asst to Sr Dir, Mky Research (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 10, 2014
Senior management went to jail over Oxycontin. That says it all, in my opinion.
Cons
run by crooks
Excellent work life balance
Executive Administrative Assistant/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Totowa, NJJanuary 21, 2014
Throughout my career had continued success in which I was well compensated and able to maintain a great work home life balance.
Pros
compensation and location
Cons
company relocating after 19 years of employment
great place to work
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJJanuary 9, 2014
Great place to work and great people! Compensation is not a problem. Management is very understanding and provides a great enviorment for working.
Great Company!
Law Department Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 19, 2013
Purdue is a great company to work for, I received a lot of clerical experience.