Purdue University Employee Reviews in United States

Be careful of coworker evaluations.
Trdesman (Former Employee) –  Physical FacilitiesMay 12, 2016
I was hired as a top level tradesman, but because I chose to perform the job duties differently than a couple of senior employees who did my training evaluation, I am no longer with Purdue before my probation period is even up. The benefits are outstanding and the pay is acceptable. Skilled tradesman training leaves something to be desired, but if you don't fit into your coworkers clique, then I would not recommend making long term plans for employment.
Pros
Benefits, flexible schedule, pay, and working conditions.
Cons
Too much emphasis on coworker opinions, Not allowing sufficient time to acclimate to performing duties the Purdue way
Horrible Management
Refrigeration Mechanic (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INMay 2, 2016
Great benefits nice job. Worker moral is very low. Poor wages, poor management, poor evaluation system, lots of nepotism. Lots of unnecessary added stress in date to date tasks. No training to skilled crafts. Under paid employees with higher than normal expectations.
Pros
Short breaks, life insurance policy, health insurance.
Cons
Poor management, poor employee moral, poor wages, insufficient training to skilled tradesmen, higher than normal expectations.
Supportive Environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INMay 2, 2016
A supportive faculty that is glad to provide you with opportunities and experiences that will prepare you for future careers.
I was responsible for cleaning buildings
Custodian (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INApril 19, 2016
I swept and moped floors. I vacuumed floors, cleaned and stocked restrooms. I emptied thrash and recycling. I also stripped and waxed floors.
Very political, not proactive in recognizing staff, low salaries and no raises
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Crown Point, INApril 16, 2016
Very low compensation, yet they require a great deal from the staff, and have not had any raises for employees since 2006.
Pros
some benefits - insurance but still not the bes
Cons
low salaried, no raises, staff there seems to fight, high egos.
Productive and Fun work place
Faculty Senate Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INApril 13, 2016
Last minute changes is well manged at faculty senate meeting.
Supervisor are very helpful and friendly.
Management is excellent.
The most enjoyable part of job is meeting with different background people and attending snack break time with faculty.
Pros
Free lunch and Snacks
works well with school schedule
Student Orientation Leader (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INApril 12, 2016
PU works well with a students schedule making work around classes instead of the other way around. Enjoyable work environment.
Student Library Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INApril 10, 2016
Currently a full-time student, the days are typically hectic considering I take 5 classes. As a former employee in the library it was an OK job to have, easy money to make. I would go back. And they're very flexible with the school schedules.
Amazing experience as a student
Design of Experiments and Data Analysis Project (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INApril 8, 2016
Learning
Enlightening
A great place to make progress as a student
It probably is one of the best places I have lived my entire life
Great School
Undergraduate Research (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INApril 7, 2016
Purdue is a fantastic school full of endless opportunities. Purdue offers research as an option to do and is fun and exciting. The projects are interesting and enlightening to say the least.
Good Experience
Teaching Faculty - Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  IndianaApril 2, 2016
Good Experience. People were good and professor are very supportive.

I learnt many things but at the same time some professors took advantage of the students.
great uni
Management (Finance) PhD Candidate (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INApril 1, 2016
Really enjoyed being a stephen c bearing scholar at purdue university for undergrad, business school, and grad school
Flexible, Fun, Independent, Hands on job
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INMarch 29, 2016
I love this job because my hours are extremely flexible, since I am a student training other students. I work every day, but only for an hour or two. (I meet with a client for 1 hour at a time). We have monthly staff meetings where we learn valuable skills to improve upon in our field and as the Division of Rec Sports. I have a great set of managers who help keep me doing my best. I do not see my coworkers all that often, only in between session times with clients. The hardest part of this job is creating new programs everyday for every client and sending it in 3 days early to my supervisor to review. It definitely makes you not able to wait until the last minute to do something.
Pros
flexible hours, fun and engaging job
Cons
Don't get paid as much as other Personal Trainers since it is in a University setting
Amazing
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INMarch 24, 2016
I worked with amazing people! They made me feel like a member of a team and apart of something that is bigger than myself. The facility was unbelievable. There were great opportunities given to all members of the student community.
Great employer, with retention issues
Educational Technologist (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, IN 47907March 23, 2016
Absolutely loved my work and the people, but the culture is one that to move up, you have to move out. No career paths or compensation advancement.
Near Excellent
Administrative Assistant & Grad Recruit Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INMarch 23, 2016
A very enjoyable place to work and interact with students and faculty. The days move quickly as there is always new and interesting things to do and learn. The hardest part of my job was leaving it to relocate. I enjoyed every minute I was there. The students are the greatest part of the job - watching them arrive on campus and then move forward and graduate is very rewarding.
Pros
Spring Fling, at the completion of the school year, Purdue Holds a campus wide lunch/picnic, for the staff/faculty...oh and you are paid for this!
Cons
Parking is awful!
Fun place to work
Student Technician (Current Employee) –  W Lafayette, IN 47907March 6, 2016
Working as a technician at Purdue is a fairly relaxed and rewarding job with fun coworkers and good managers. The most enjoyable part of my job is the freedom to go about tasks in your own way.
Excellent organization with outstanding mentor, adviser:
PhD candidate (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INMarch 1, 2016
This place has given me everything, life, wisdom that comes from doing things, contacts, new friends and a lot of new skills along with different outlook!
Great place for graduate studies
Lead Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INFebruary 29, 2016
The mechanical engineering school is top notch. You could work with professors from various fields and the facilities are amazing.
Excellent research opportunity
Visiting Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INFebruary 29, 2016
There are great research programs at Purdue.
I enjoyed the interdisciplinary research activity and flexible life at Purdue.

4.3