Purdue is a great place to work
Student Success Coordinator - Purdue Bound (Former Employee) – West Lafayette, IN – January 27, 2018
Purdue is a great place to work.
Typical day: One moment I'm working with students, moments later I am working with a professor, later with teachers, parents and corporate partners.
I learned relationship building, networking and how critical oral and written communication skills are to the workplace.
Hardest part is working with some staff who don't see the big picture, or who fail to adapt to change.
Some of the most enjoyable parts of this experience included:
* Working with a great variety of people (academic leadership, corporate sponsors, faculty, students, parents, teachers etc.)
* Finding creative solutions to problems
* Gleaning a great deal of information during an interview in a relatively short space of time
* Conducting interactive workshops
* Grooming students professionally
Focus on faculty, staff not so much