Purdue University

Purdue University Employee Reviews

Very hard to get very easy to loose
General Labor (Current Employee) –  Rockingham, NCFebruary 2, 2016
it took me a little time to get this job. thankfully i had some help in getting it. ive seen alot of people come and go with in the six months i have worked here. if you are about your money this is the job for you.
Interesting and Innovative
Graduate Research Student (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INFebruary 2, 2016
A perfect place to research and develop your profile.
Purdue University has earned a reputation of being the premier education destination for all aspiring aeronautical graduates and is felicitated with extraordinarily talented research professors.
Pros
Exposure to the field is high
Cons
International student opportunities are less
Productive and fun
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INFebruary 2, 2016
The courses offered are great. You get to learn lots of things with hands on experience. I definitely recommend Purdue.
Good Research Oppertunity
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INFebruary 1, 2016
Purdue provided me with valuable learning experiences and research opportunities that can help me better equip myself for my career.
Busy place to work
Level VI Industrial Plumber (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INJanuary 29, 2016
Is a busy place to work. There's something now every day to do. I got the experience as a plumber and that's all you need to move on.
Good Work Environment
IT Support Desk, Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INJanuary 18, 2016
Diverse Culture and challenging work environment. Room for growth however the pay is somewhat low and the hours can be longer than you can really put down on your timecard.
I enjoyed the diversity of all students and peers!
copy center manager (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INJanuary 13, 2016
Unlocking the door in the morning, enjoyment of my customers and providing solutions to their needs, to locking the door behind me at the end of a pleasant day.
Pros
The culture
Cons
Stagnet wages.
cit help desk
Assistant Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INJanuary 8, 2016
i really enjoyed working with computers and learning a lot while working every day. There are no benefits, but there is free coffee as much as you can drink.
Pros
free cofee
Cons
no benefits
Demanding but fun place to work
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INJanuary 7, 2016
A typical day is a balance between classwork, teaching and research. Time management is an important skill I learned as well as how to be productive with limited oversight. Fellow graduate students make working here enjoyable. The hardest part is balancing your work on your research with providing a meaningful education to your students. The most enjoyable part is all the people you get to meet and interact with and knowing that you are helping them on their educational path.
Good place to learn, enjoy and enhance my skills
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INJanuary 5, 2016
Working in Purdue university is fun. You will never get bored or tired because of the beautiful environment, good co workers and students.

You will always try to improve your self in the challenging environment which keeps us updated with the current trends in technologies. It is worth our time and energy !!
Pros
Free pizza, pan cakes for all the events.
Cons
nothing much
A good place to work part-time
Student Dining Court Associate (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INJanuary 1, 2016
Do the cleaning works. There were lots of communications going on with colleagues. But the work itself was boring. 3 shifts per week and 4-5 hours per shift.
Pros
helps improving communication skills for international students
Cons
Boring
a fun place to work
Chinese Student Association President (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INDecember 30, 2015
As a mentor, first I collect students' information, then go over it, make sure it's ok to submit to process. then get information from International Affairs Office, give students feedback. The hardest part of this job is waiting for the response. sometimes it takes a long time.
Pros
More connectoins
Cons
more spare time
Good for Experience
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  W Lafayette, INDecember 22, 2015
I loved working for Purdue. It is a great place for experience. This was not a lab for a long term position. I learned many lab skills and protocols. The graduate students were very helpful.
Fun challenging environment
Undergraduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INNovember 22, 2015
Great way to experience research and a fun atmosphere. Group lunches, managers to base employees had a great relationship with each other. Challenging but if things got overly difficult they would always be there to help out.
Pros
Group Lunches, Fun Atmosphere
Cons
Not the best pay for the research we were doing, job relocated and i couldnt
Lies do what they say.
electrician (Former Employee) –  W Lafayette, INNovember 22, 2015
Worked there for 30 years bad management Purdue village do as I say people lie about there coworkers and get away with it.top management needs to go all the way to the top. Clean house it might be a better place to work then......
Cons
bad mangement
I learned a lot and ready to lunch my career
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INNovember 15, 2015
I have been here for almost 2 years. During these two years I work as tutor to help students to make progress on their academic and more experienced in communicating and English speaking as my second language. More important is I work as graduate research assistant through which I learn a lot doing research using FEA, CAD and CFD. I even learn to programming which is exciting for mechanical engineering students. I will graduate soon so I want to find an internship to lunch my career.
Productive, fun
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INNovember 9, 2015
Great Learning experience.
Plenty of Growth opportunities.
fun place with supportive management
Great Compensation
Public Institution so flexible with reasonable beaurocracy
Productive and fun experience working with food and serving people
Student Cook and Server (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INNovember 6, 2015
I think student dining court is a great place to work at. I've learned a lot of knowledge about food preparing, cooking, and sanitation, etc. Also, being efficient and productive is very important, especially during rush hour. It also requires good teamwork of course. I actually really enjoyed working with my colleagues and employers. It was a wonderful working experience in general.
Nice workplace and people
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INNovember 3, 2015
I like this job. I have a passion to learn as well as sharing my knowledge with the tasks around me. This position provides me the potential for long term career growth and professional development.
One of the best academic institution in United States
Teaching Assistant, Work Analysis and Design II (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INNovember 2, 2015
There are many Research Assistant positions and Teaching Assistant positions available in Purdue. You can learn the research skills in both type of jobs. The salary of IE department is fair but not high. The most important part is the assistantship covers most of your tuition and insurance.
Pros
Can improve your research skills.
Cons
Most of the time you work alone.

4.3