Purdue University Employee Reviews

Purdue
Visiting Instructor (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INNovember 25, 2016
Wonderful university to work at with a lot of research opportunities. The staff and faculty are wonderful, especially in the Department of Chemistry.
Location, location, location!
University Residences Clerk V (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INNovember 22, 2016
Depending on which area of the university you work in, the culture can vary greatly; certain divisions are more accepting and welcoming than others.
Pros
healthcare benefits and options
Cons
vacation time for hourly
Productive and fun work place
Statistical Consultant (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INNovember 19, 2016
can learn a lot of things and gain experience. I came to study here and work here as well as I go through my Ph.D here. Purdue is a really great place to gain experience and enhance my background.
Nice place for motivating work
Visiting Scholar, Microbiology lab (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INNovember 9, 2016
Friendly and hardworking colleagues
Great and Huge Sport Center
Helpful administration
Well equiped laboratory
Beautiful surrounding campus
Benefits and work environment is grat
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INNovember 9, 2016
The people here have been wonderful. I have enjoyed the benefits of working at Purdue. I have learned so much about campus life and about myself. I highly recommend applying to Purdue.
Great Ph.D. Program
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INNovember 8, 2016
Wonderful learning environment that encourages growth in skill development as well as community outreach. Long hours that are worth it in the end.
Purdue University
Secretary V (Current Employee) –  W Lafayette, INNovember 7, 2016
Purdue is a great place to work. The resources that are becoming available to underrepresented minorities makes it an exceptional place. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work with students from all over the world and help find the resources they need as they need them!

The Asian American & Asian Resource & Cultural Center is the latest center added within the Dept of Diversity & Inclusion. With over 9,000 international students enrolled, it offers an incredible opportunity to learn from all walks of race, religion and gender.
Great University, Poor Department
Former Registration Assistant in Conferences (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INNovember 4, 2016
Since I left my position in Conferences, I've seen that same position advertised several times. I can't help but wonder if it is due to the poor management and poor training I received before ultimately resigning and finding a better position elsewhere. I love Purdue University, but Conferences has a lot of work to do if they want to find and keep quality employees.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor management and training in this department
Strong Local College
Executive Assistant, Indiana (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 2, 2016
Good organization. Strong leadership and worked well with the state and local levels to attract and retain students. New leadership in 2013 changed the dynamics of the organization which are being seen now with the elimination of several programs at the college.
pretty good experience.
Krannert Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INOctober 9, 2016
I worked as a Research Assistant there, I love the professors and my life there. The people there are very friendly and I feel I really learned a lot from them.
Undergraduate
Undergraduate Student (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INOctober 1, 2016
The best place on earth to receive a higher education. My educators and peers are execellent people who drive m to suceed both inside and outside the classroom
Good place to work if you want to further your education
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  YONG HallSeptember 6, 2016
I've worked here for over 20 years. Hoping to retire soon and move on to a different and rewarding after-career - something else.
Top Engineering School in the State
Professor Assistant/Lab Instructor (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INAugust 25, 2016
At Purdue, every aspect of a student's experience is taken into account. The teaching methods are innovative and encouraging. As a grad aid, i am pleased to say Purdue fulfills its missions.
Pros
experience, learning opportunities
Cons
Lots of work, very demanding for little money
Studying and Working
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INAugust 23, 2016
I was the undergraduate research assistant working and studying the same time. It was very fun to cooperate with the PHD student there to conduct some research and learn about tech.
great people, hours go by fast.
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Westville, INAugust 23, 2016
I've worked here for almost 6 months and you can never really get used to a midnight shift . I sleep my whole day away .Other than that , it's a great job.
Good place to work and learn
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INAugust 8, 2016
Good mix curricular and co-curricular activities. Had to work very hard but I also learnt a lot. Lots of networking opportunities.
Boiler Up, Hammer Down.
Undergraduate Instructor/Senior Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INAugust 5, 2016
Purdue's vast resources allowed me to accomplish many of my goals, both academically and professionally. The research and design work opportunities are unique and rewarding.
Working here can promote your career
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INJuly 24, 2016
Purdue University is an excellent place to receive a graduate or undergraduate degree. However, it is important to do you research before choosing an advisor and being clear about what you want from your degree.
Pros
Very knowledgeable faculty
Cons
The true experience of a graduate degree depends on the lab
Good
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Westville, INJuly 20, 2016
Was a good place to work while attending classes. The lady who ran the place was a great person to work for.
A typical day was playing with the kids and making sure they behaved while their mom/dad were in class.
Fun and fulfilling place to be
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INJuly 18, 2016
Working at Purdue as a teaching and research assistant only made my four year journey to get my Bachelor's degree to be filled with even more lasting connections and good memories. I learned to manage many things on my plate and how to understand a problem from multiple perspectives and that is because I was surrounded by people from all over the globe.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purdue University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3