Purdue University Employee Reviews

Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INOctober 3, 2017
Very good school for Engineering. If you are ready to work hard this is the best fit for you. With ample research resources and high quality research being done here. It will provide abundant opportunities to explore different fields.
Friendly environment
Teaching Assistant for Fundamental Biology (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INOctober 2, 2017
I like working at Purdue University. It is a friendly environment and academic environment. I learned a lot from this job and I would recommend people to work at Purdue.
Higher Education is always changing
Online Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INOctober 2, 2017
Working in higher education is rewarding. You often feel that you are making a difference in shaping the next generation of leaders. However it is currently in a state of turmoil with the introduction of more online programs, and the shrinking enrollments in many schools. This can cause a stressful environment if you aren't prepared for it.
Pros
reduced tuition for family members, and self
Cons
often limited funds to accomplish projects
One of the Best Engineering Universities in the World
Industry Consultant (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INOctober 1, 2017
For the engineering and construction fields, Purdue University covers every aspect of the engineering/construction processes. They go out of their way to prepare their students for the "real world."
Awful place, just awful
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INSeptember 29, 2017
Inconsistent management everywhere, the place wastes resources all over, no wonder fees are so high. Awful compensation and benefits were eroded from day 1
Pros
Cons
every day there
Great academic university
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INSeptember 25, 2017
Great chemistry graduate program. I learned a wide variety of lab techniques. In addition the vast majority of faculty members, regardless of area of study, are open to collaboration so you never feel locked into one area of study.
Fun workplace and friendly colleagues
Student Associate (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INSeptember 23, 2017
A typical day at Pappy's is busy almost always busy. The people that I work with, including the supervisors, are very friendly and are always helpful.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Morning shifts
Laid back
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INSeptember 19, 2017
Last job I had at Purdue was good. It was laid back and allowed me to do school work and work at the same time. I did not feel pressure as I had at another job at Purdue.
Fun, fast-paced enviroment
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INSeptember 19, 2017
Purdue University is a great place to work. My supervisors were very knowledgeable and passionate about student success. I learned so much as a Resident Assistant and will always value the experience I gained.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
No "time-off" if you were home, you were always on call to assist your residents
It was a fairly relaxed place to work.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INSeptember 18, 2017
I'd come in to the central Physical Facilities building to get a van. Then I'd go to whichever buildings I was assigned to clean. The boss was understanding and relaxed as long as you didn't get any complaints and passed your periodic inspections.
Pros
healthcare, relaxed, supervisors, some variety in the job and location
Cons
boring, lonely, pay raises are minimal
fun place
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 13, 2017
I am great graduate teaching assistant at Purdue University in Fort Wayne, it's a very Good place to work and has lot of dedicated professors that support students
Very fun its an automotive shop
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXSeptember 13, 2017
Its was a very priceless&appreciated experience. Family owned business ran by some of the finest men I've encountered. They were very hands on. Cuatomer satisfactory is the #1 Goal..
Pros
Cons
As u wish long as business is productive
some what productive
Custodian (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, IN 47906September 13, 2017
some willing to get the job done. too many putting in input about others that should not do that. some favored over others. Those that are favored are usually the trouble makers.
Lack of care for employees
Service Worker III (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INSeptember 11, 2017
The management and university care very little about there employees. Management is petty and will cater to the ones that tattle, lie and kiss butt. Training is a joke. I was given about 2 hours of training then written up for not doing some of the job correctly. You are not payed enough for the amount of work, stress and everyday work they except you to do. Most of the co-workers are excellent and only stay for the benefits.
Company history of major changes
Admissions Clerk/Transfer Clerk (Current Employee) –  Westville, INSeptember 8, 2017
With a lot of changes this past year, many areas are unbalanced. Do not know if this will level out soon. It has become a mystery, as management seems to make decisions on the fly.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Questions about management decisions
Good place
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 6, 2017
It's a big college, a lot of labs and professors, plenty of opportunities.
I couldn't tell too much about working as a research assistant.
work as a student.
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INSeptember 5, 2017
I didn't work at Purdue but I was graduate student working with a professor. Purdue is a good school but location is not so good. The closest city is chicago.
Started out great...
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INAugust 31, 2017
I was able to move up very quickly but once I got to Crew Chief there were very few opportunities. This was mostly because the GM is giving those positions to his friends and fellow church members. There is a lot of gossip from management down. Rules differ depending on what supervisor you have, instead of based on the SOPs. Very easy work if you just do it and very good pay and benefits but it's not always worth it with the amount of stress that comes with it.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Worked with the Dean of Economics
Asst. to the Dean - Economics Department (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 27, 2017
I worked with the Dean of Economics Department of Purdue University to help her with the exams preparation and prepare various presentations for the classes she conducted. I was working there as a part time.
Best Program in the country
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INAugust 24, 2017
Phenomenal faculty and staff. Great place for women to continue their education in technology. Lots of industry recruiting so a great place to launch a career

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purdue University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2