Purdue University Employee Reviews

Intern
Purdue Research Foundation Intern (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INJune 2, 2017
My manager was very welcoming of me wanting to learn new things--if you asked for joining a project, or trying something new, she would work with you to make it happen.
Ra
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INJune 1, 2017
It was a lot of fun. Meet a lot of amazing people and had a great opportunity to grow while I was there. I learned a lot of life lessons and skills that can be used later on.
Purdue University
Adjunct Math Instructor (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INMay 31, 2017
Great academic employer where I was empowered to show my teaching and mentoring potential and had the opportunity to provide good value to the students.
Great with school
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INMay 31, 2017
The best part about working on campus is the flexibility they give you when it comes to classes and homework. they always make it so you can have timer to focus on personal needs.
Pros
flexible
Cons
pay rate
Academic research institution
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INMay 31, 2017
Purdue is an academic research institution. The hours for graduate students are typically long, but other students are usually friendly and willing to help each other.
Friendly and inclusive
Adjunct Faculty - School of Legal Studies (Current Employee) –  OnlineMay 27, 2017
Working at Purdue University as an online adjunct faculty has been a very pleasant and worthy experience. The atmosphere is very inclusive and friendly as well as supportive.
Productive workplace
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INMay 26, 2017
Nice place to work for focussed research.
My work here at Purdue consists of experimental research. I work on Thin film deposition. My focus of research is correlating structural properties of thin film to the functionality.
Depends on what your job is
Student front desk clerk (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INMay 24, 2017
I work at the front desk of one of the dorms and it is extremely laid back and not demanding. I'm able to do my homework while at work so it doesn't interfere with school. Before this job, however, I worked at one of the restaurants on campus and it was a more demanding job with more inconvenient hours.
Academia is dead
Slave (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INMay 24, 2017
Academia is dead. If you're looking for a career with low wages, a large amount of nonsense, and no opportunity for advancement, then teaching college is right for you!
Productive place to work
Senior Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INMay 23, 2017
Very good job to have for pre-graduation expierence and free housing while completing your degree. Would recommend this to anyone wanting to seek a Degree at Purdue University Northwest.
Educational atomosphere for everyone
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INMay 21, 2017
Purdue calumet unversity I studied mechanical engineering and computer technology and I also studied electrical and computer technology, both fields are great majors that require you to have plenty of detication and commitment in order to complete the feilds of study.
Undergraduate Research
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INMay 18, 2017
While my own personal experience at Purdue was ultimately positive, the faculty has a great deal of autonomy with how they run their individual labs. This can lead to a lot of inconsistency in student experiences, and can lead to some professors overstepping their bounds in expectations of students.
Summer Teaching
Visiting Instructor (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INMay 17, 2017
As an instructor, the Department of Chemistry at Purdue is one of the best departments to work for. A lot of great people who care for each other but also a lot of opportunity for growth within the department.
Typical Exploitation of Grad Students & Adjuncts
Instructor of Communication (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INMay 16, 2017
What you'd expect: underpaid grad students and adjuncts do most of the teaching for a fraction of the pay. Too many students think they're entitled to As, but some majors are better than others.

You know: the usual.
Great internship
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INMay 15, 2017
I worked as a brand rep and had a very positive experience. They were professional in coordinating us with companies and helping us learn important skills to do our jobs well.
Good place
Attendance Checker, Purdue Athletic Department (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INMay 12, 2017
For what I did, Class Checker, it was a good way to earn a few extra dollars by simply going to class. Whether or not I had a job each semester depended on a few factors.
Very much research driven environment, good academic experience
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INMay 12, 2017
Doing research at Purdue university is a fantastic learning opportunity. The faculty and research personnel are excellent and highly driven and motivated.
flexible hours but low pay
Hicks Undergraduate Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INMay 8, 2017
Purdue works well with peoples schedules, and the employees are the sweetest midwesterners you will ever meet. It can be a little slow and bureaucratic but nothing that you would not expect at any other University.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low pay
Excellent opportunity to interact with the patients
Department Secretary - SLH Department (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INMay 7, 2017
I really enjoyed the position with Purdue. I had an opportunity to interact and help the patients of the Hearing and Speech Clinic. I was able to check the patients in and calm their nerves as to what was going to happen. Also the daily communication with the staff and students was something that I looked forward to.
Pros
The ability to help the patients.
Cons
Parking was far away from the building.
Great
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INMay 7, 2017
Great experience, learn to conduct a good research, nice environment, exposure to science updates, learn to work in a group , team work, make new friends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purdue University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3