Purdue University Employee Reviews

Days at Purdue
DSI (Former Employee) –  Perry, GAFebruary 23, 2016
I loved meeting new people while at work conversating. I really enjoyed my job. It was cold days and cold night but i still managed to get the job done.
Pros
good pay
Cons
cold, short breaks
A great research environment where I meet with smart people
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INFebruary 20, 2016
As a graduate research assistant, I have learned critical thinking, time management, and communication skill at this stage. My colleagues and I spent most of the time focusing on solving research problems, and enjoyed discussing with each others.
Pros
good training in critical thinking
Cons
less practical experience
Educational and Encouraging.
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INFebruary 20, 2016
At Purdue University, I have been able to successfully thrive and seek new opportunities for exploring education and building my skill sets. I have worked on various projects within the research lab I currently work in and it has given me confidence that I am want to pursue employment in the pharmaceutical and chemical industry. I work on research every day, Monday through Friday, before and sometimes after classes. I have been able to learn better time management skills due to reaction times. My coworkers are encouraging and have guided me through the various obstacles I have encountered. I have a passion and desire to learn and build on my skills and I believe that is evident in my work ethic. I truly enjoy working in a laboratory setting and I find satisfaction in knowing I am doing something to better myself and achieve more knowledge in my field.
Pros
Education, positive working environment, encouraging coworkers, proper supplies
Cons
Time constraints
Not trustworthy
Associate Director of International Admissions (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INFebruary 12, 2016
I worked 8-10 hours a day. I learned that dedication and hard work are not appreciated. The management was very biased. Most of the co-workers were very good. The hardest part of the job was the long hours and the amount of work. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting students from all over the world.
Fun and Educational
Photography Intern (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INFebruary 12, 2016
I found that I learned a lot while working at Purdue University. They worked with my class schedule whenever needed, and they encouraged me to familiarize myself with my equipment and the systems we worked with.
Nice place to get engineering education
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INFebruary 2, 2016
1. excellent faculty
2. good facilities
3. a plenty of research resources
4. enough social network space
5. friendly colleagues
Very hard to get very easy to loose
General Labor (Current Employee) –  Rockingham, NCFebruary 2, 2016
it took me a little time to get this job. thankfully i had some help in getting it. ive seen alot of people come and go with in the six months i have worked here. if you are about your money this is the job for you.
Interesting and Innovative
Graduate Research Student (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INFebruary 2, 2016
A perfect place to research and develop your profile.
Purdue University has earned a reputation of being the premier education destination for all aspiring aeronautical graduates and is felicitated with extraordinarily talented research professors.
Pros
Exposure to the field is high
Cons
International student opportunities are less
Productive and fun
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INFebruary 2, 2016
The courses offered are great. You get to learn lots of things with hands on experience. I definitely recommend Purdue.
Good Research Oppertunity
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INFebruary 1, 2016
Purdue provided me with valuable learning experiences and research opportunities that can help me better equip myself for my career.
Busy place to work
Level VI Industrial Plumber (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INJanuary 29, 2016
Is a busy place to work. There's something now every day to do. I got the experience as a plumber and that's all you need to move on.
Enjoy work at Purdue, but only part-time now. Need full-time work.
Theatre Technician & Carpenter (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INJanuary 20, 2016
Load and unload trucks. Setting up staging. Working in the wood shop. Making props for shows.
Enjoy work at Purdue, but only part-time now. Need full-time work.
Good Work Environment
IT Support Desk, Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INJanuary 18, 2016
Diverse Culture and challenging work environment. Room for growth however the pay is somewhat low and the hours can be longer than you can really put down on your timecard.
I enjoyed the diversity of all students and peers!
copy center manager (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INJanuary 13, 2016
Unlocking the door in the morning, enjoyment of my customers and providing solutions to their needs, to locking the door behind me at the end of a pleasant day.
Pros
The culture
Cons
Stagnet wages.
cit help desk
Assistant Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INJanuary 8, 2016
i really enjoyed working with computers and learning a lot while working every day. There are no benefits, but there is free coffee as much as you can drink.
Pros
free cofee
Cons
no benefits
Demanding but fun place to work
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INJanuary 7, 2016
A typical day is a balance between classwork, teaching and research. Time management is an important skill I learned as well as how to be productive with limited oversight. Fellow graduate students make working here enjoyable. The hardest part is balancing your work on your research with providing a meaningful education to your students. The most enjoyable part is all the people you get to meet and interact with and knowing that you are helping them on their educational path.
Good place to learn, enjoy and enhance my skills
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INJanuary 5, 2016
Working in Purdue university is fun. You will never get bored or tired because of the beautiful environment, good co workers and students.

You will always try to improve your self in the challenging environment which keeps us updated with the current trends in technologies. It is worth our time and energy !!
Pros
Free pizza, pan cakes for all the events.
Cons
nothing much
A good place to work part-time
Student Dining Court Associate (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INJanuary 1, 2016
Do the cleaning works. There were lots of communications going on with colleagues. But the work itself was boring. 3 shifts per week and 4-5 hours per shift.
Pros
helps improving communication skills for international students
Cons
Boring
a fun place to work
Chinese Student Association President (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INDecember 30, 2015
As a mentor, first I collect students' information, then go over it, make sure it's ok to submit to process. then get information from International Affairs Office, give students feedback. The hardest part of this job is waiting for the response. sometimes it takes a long time.
Pros
More connectoins
Cons
more spare time
Good for Experience
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  W Lafayette, INDecember 22, 2015
I loved working for Purdue. It is a great place for experience. This was not a lab for a long term position. I learned many lab skills and protocols. The graduate students were very helpful.

4.3