Purdue University

Purdue University Employee Reviews

Sincerely a great place to work - and a very long drive
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), West Lafayette, INMarch 8, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Chances for promotion not the best.
A wonderful place to work with great challenges - and a very long drive from Fishers, Indiana.

The campus offers management that cares and many challenges. With the challenges of keeping education costs low, Purdue is not great for raises - but it does offer plenty of vacation and sick days and is place where IT makes a difference.
good for grad school
Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), West Lafayette, INMarch 3, 2015
Helpful faculty and funding for students. Great opportunities for self-directed research and opportunities for funded travel to conferences. Hours are as expected for doctoral work.
Purdue University
Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee), West LafayetteFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: great benefits, employee engagement, career growth.
Great place to grow your career! They offer tuition reimbursement and promote from within. Benefits begin on the first day of employment.
10 Week Research Stipend
Research Assistant (Former Employee), West Lafayette, INFebruary 19, 2015
This wasn't really a job but a summer research internship. It was compensated with a monthly stipend. It was a fun experience being in the lab and working along side graduate students. Really helped me understand what I wanted to do next and what field I wanted to go into. I would spend 8 hours in the lab every day (excluding weekends) and presented my research at the end in front of the other participants.
good job
Lecturer (Former Employee), Hammond, INFebruary 19, 2015
High‐performing, strategic‐thinking professional with more than six years' experience in
employment services in the non‐profit and higher education sectors. Highly skilled at relationshipbuilding
with clients and across organizations and teams; exceptional writing, presenting, and
interpersonal communication skills.
I teach communication class.
Instructor (Current Employee), Fort WayneFebruary 16, 2015
I deal with all types of students and I get to teach them something I love; communication. I have taught here since 2012 and hav really enjoyed the help the university has given me.
working at Purdue University
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), West Lafayette, INFebruary 16, 2015
Purdue University is a great place to work at, it gives us lots of opportunities for developing our own research idea, writing proposal, and collaborate with different institutes.
fun
Electronic Technician VIII (Former Employee), LafayeyetteFebruary 12, 2015
differant every day sometime worked the shop sometimes in the vares buildings and locations on camus. Meeting new people evey day was fun.
Fast-paced and exciting research and work environment
Graduate Research Student (Former Employee), West Lafayette, INFebruary 11, 2015
Typical day at work including conducting experiments, present data at lab meeting and attend student and professional seminars. Co-workers were like-minded and motivated and the research was fun and exciting. Hardest part of the job, like any scientific jobs, was to trouble-shoot and analyze unexpected and/or lack of results. Most enjoyable part of my research experience at Purdue was to be able to compile and make sense of my hard-earned data and provide sources and figures for our lab's future experiments and publications.
Purdue has been a great employer.
Office Staff (Current Employee), West Lafayette, INFebruary 8, 2015
A typical day at work involves interacting with students, helping those students with questions, taking/transfering phone calls, renting supplies out to students, and maintaing a safe environment. This job has taught me about staying organized, focused, and maintaing a positive attitude. Management is great. If I ever need help they are right there for support. Co-workers are very friendly. Hardest part of the job is the occasional overnight shifts. Best part of the job is the environment. It's a fun, friendly, and very light job.
Fantastic program that will propel you to your next job
Research Assistant (Former Employee), West Lafayette, INFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: the area grows on you, it's a small town and cheap to live in.
Cons: there were several times i thought i would freeze to death in the winters.
I was a graduate student at Purdue and found that I had a lot of administrative support. That is to say, I was never confused about what I needed to accomplish on my path towards earning a degree.
research environment
Research Associate, School of Nursing (Former Employee), West Lafayette, INFebruary 4, 2015
research environment
in mid-west
safe place
people are extremely friendly
easy access to lots of education resources
good work-life balance
colleagues have different background, good for learn
Acedemic setting
Research Associate (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: lots of latitude
Cons: low stipends
Lots of latitude to try different reasearch angles/avenues. Funding did not seem to be an issue when I was there. I recognize this changes.
Educational and diverse workplace
College of Science Global Partner Mentor & Leader (Current Employee), Purdue UniversityFebruary 1, 2015
This is a paid leadership position for the Global Science Partners organization within the College of Science at Purdue. I worked with four other students and the organization director to organize events for the students within the Global Science Partners organization. I really enjoyed working with other students to discuss ideas to better cater to the students' needs.
Perfect place to work as a graduate teaching assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), West Lafayette, INJanuary 28, 2015
I work half time, twenty hours per week. Assignments includes grading, teaching recitations as well as one's own course.
Productive and Full of Experience
Graduate Research Student (Current Employee), Hammond, INJanuary 25, 2015
I am conducting my research at Purdue University. I have learn a lot of things to deal with in my day to day life. To meet the deadline, follow the instruction and meticulousness is the main learning from this job. Overall it is a great experience for me.
Good learning experience
Summer Undergraduate Research Fellow (Former Employee), West Lafayette, INJanuary 25, 2015
Purdue has a very good and managed environment for doing research.
Good place to learn and work
Research Assistant (Current Employee), West Lafayette, INJanuary 21, 2015
Good place to learn and work after spending five years here. The engineering school is great!
A fun and periodic giving back to the community.
Tarkington Residence Hall Tour Guide Coordinator (Former Employee), West LafayetteJanuary 20, 2015
As a tour guide coordinator, the position was meant to instruct the tour guides and inform them on the necessary material for all visitors to know. Throughout the year, this position involved selling the residence to all types of visitors. The hardest part of the position is learning quickly how to sell each visitor to the residence halls. Giving back to the community through interaction with visitors was the most enjoyable aspect of the position.
productive environment
Service Worker III (Current Employee), West Lafayette/ Hillenbrand HallJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: co-workers, environment, benefits
Cons: labor extends to a degree that is becoming difficult
Absolutely love working for Purdue University. I have been a service worker for almost a year now and am seeking advancement within the university; however, if the opportunity is to arise I am willing to seek employment elsewhere. I enjoy being close to home especially with the harsh winters Indiana has to offer, and Purdue meets all standards of location.

About Purdue University

Purdue University was founded in 1869 as a Land Grant College of Indiana, and opened with an initial enrollment of 39 students – Read more

Purdue University Salaries