Pure Fishing Employee Reviews

Great Coworkers, but no room to grow
Graphic Design (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 7, 2016
There is no room for growth into a higher position, and there are constant organizational changes that lessen your chances every year. They hire the leanest team of people they can to get the job done, overworking most of their employees that are being underpaid. Your cost of living salary increase is considered a raise, which is between 2.5% - 3.5% yearly. The salary gap between positions is significant and has no rhyme or reason. Negotiate salary before taking the job — raises are far and few between.
Pros
Coworkers, Discounts
Cons
Salary, Bonus Program, Healthcare
Not a career move.
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 4, 2016
This is a company that's all about THE BUCK$$. Employees get two breaks, ten minutes for their first break, and twenty minutes for lunch.
Pros
There are none.
Cons
Too many to list.
Good pay but boring
Gulp Molding Operator (Current Employee) –  Spirit Lake, IAFebruary 16, 2016
I like the money I earn from this job but I am looking for part time work so I have time for school. I have learned a lot from all the different people I've worked with, and it has helped me learn a good work ethic.
Too many chiefs not enough Indians
Anomymous (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 13, 2016
I learned a lot the consumer goods market. I also spent a lot of time in unproductive meetings. The company is very top heavy making things difficult to get done. Lots of ego in this company, and very few managers or workers actually fish, therefore don't know their market very well. Since they are publicly traded short term numbers are much more important than long term investments. The pay is not good, and they run very lean. This creates a lot people in positions that are not top quality candidates. There is also a huge lack of overall job training in the Columbia office
Pros
Good discounts on outdoor gear, Good tutition reimburstment.
Cons
Mangement is a revovling door, lots of restructing, too many brands so company is not highly focused.
Productive, Friendy-Family Environment
FI/CO Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbia SCAugust 28, 2015
Great company to work for. It can be very demanding at times. They provide you with all the resources you need to do your job and don't hesitate if you need additional training.
Pros
Family-Friendly
Cons
Not a Good Work Life Balance
it was a fun place to work at...
Receiving Specialists (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 12, 2015
I was a receiving specialist at the time when i was employed with Pure Fishing, I unloading trucks, I did put aways to there home bins, pre-tickets for different companies, picked orders certified fork lift and walkie, used a RF scan gun, PTL, SAP on the computer to look up locations and count...
Pros
sometimes we got catered lunch, we had access to the computer for whatever reason...
Cons
normal 15 min breaks and 30 min lunches
Great employees
Executive Assistant to SVP & GM - North America (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 19, 2015
Love the people who work here. It's like a family. Everyone looks out for each other and there are many opportunities to highlight your strengths.
Great Family Oriented Workplace
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 20, 2015
People are very friendly and generally care about your well being. Atmosphere is wonderful to work in. Upper management are very involved with employees.
Pros
Team building
Cons
No job advancement opportunities
been good so far
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 15, 2015
It is a great place to work. Low pay for such a demanding stressful job.

great benefits and they promote with in. It is a company that provides a lot of opportunity.

need to negotiate salary upfront. you will not get another chance to increase your pay.
Pros
laid back
Cons
stressful, low pay
Job security
Order Puller (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 28, 2015
At Pure Fishing I am an order puller. Sense I have been there I have learned almost the whole warehouse. Management could be better. You cannot go to them about anything because nothing will get done unless they do not like the person. I just watched them fire someone over something other people have done with no consequence. The co-workers are not all that great. Americans are the minority. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the heat in the summer and we cannot wear tank tops. When it is 100 outside, its about 110 inside. Clocking out to go home is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Horrible pay for the hours you work
Great employees
Executive Assistant to SVP & GM-NA (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 10, 2014
Love the people I work with - great products!
Fun atmosphere - especially if you love fishing :)
A constantly evolving company.
Extrusion Operator II (Current Employee) –  Spirit Lake, IAMay 8, 2014
I have worked for Pure Fishing for over 10 years and have seen constant changes, mostly for the better. You get steady hours with opportunities for overtime, sometimes mandatory. Management is easy to work with and my coworkers are the main reason the job is so enjoyable.
Pros
decent pay with benefits
Cons
less company freebies
Great place to work family owned business
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Spirit Lake, IAFebruary 11, 2014
Family run business, owner cares about the employees. Good benefits and time off.
Pros
Time off when needed
strict but friendly
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 20, 2013
they offer temp to hire positions but are really strict when it comes to hire the people
Productive place to work.
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 16, 2013
Pure fishng is a fun place to work but pays very little and is hard to advance.
fast-paced, comfortable enviroment
Distbution Packaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spirit Lake, IAJuly 8, 2012
I liked this job, it paid the bills and at the moment that is what I needed. I learned how to pay attention to details. I enjoyed working around my co-workers.
productive, nice place for growing
Assembly operator, order puller, pick to ligth (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 26, 2012
to be a good team, nice facilities, some nice co-workers, when is to much work your day is faster and easy
Pros
poor pay
Cons
no bad
very nice environment
Assembly operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 15, 2012
i learned to work in team, i have a lot nice co-workers there, my supervisior good man
Pros
good work
Cons
nothing extra