Pure Hockey Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PAFebruary 17, 2018
If you're into hockey, this is a great place to work, it's like being in Candyland, part-timers get a 25% discount, pay wasn't great but manager was awesome and it was fun getting to talk hockey all the time and see all the new gear.
Pros
Employee discount, fun co-workers, great manager
Cons
pay and available hours weren't great
very sressful place to work
Shipper and Receiver (Former Employee) –  Holliston, MAFebruary 11, 2018
There was no communication from management on a daily basis.I worked the dock with no schedule of when trucks showed up.warehouse had no order to where product was staged for order picking for stores.there was no safety at all in warehouse.
Pros
free lunch every month and 50% discount at stores
Cons
lack of safety
Retail sales and fitting (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJanuary 8, 2018
overall decent job. should definitely have played hockey before working there or you will have a hard time. try to get on the sharpener as soon as you can.
Not the place if you want promotions
Manager (Former Employee) –  A storeNovember 26, 2017
The culture of the company all depends on the store your in. Top management and the home office are so disconnected from the store it’s unreal. They make 1 visit a year and never listen to what is said. Good luck getting any new position as the jobs at the office seem to disappear and then seem to get filled by family friends of people at the office. The pay is way to low for what the expect out of you. They give you vacation time but good luck taking it since managers always have to work.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Low pay, micromanaging, disconnection between office and stores
Fun Workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAJanuary 4, 2017
Frequently changing workforce, managers were average Joes who enjoyed working as much as they enjoyed the sports they provided information on. Little need for hard work as the store seemed to manage itself due to its small size.
Pros
Great managers, and coworkers.
Cons
Slow days, and not enough work for everyone.
amazing time and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYDecember 2, 2015
I loved this job and it was a perfect part time job for me while I was playing hockey outside of school. Loved the people and I help open the store.
Enjoyable work environment for any hockey/lacrosse enthusiast
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 5, 2015
A fun, energetic company with great people to work with in a hockey/lacrosse lovers dream. Job is only overly demanding when it comes to providing the most professional and supreme customer service.

You will look forward to coming to work should you decide to go the retail route. Compensation is competitive but the co-workers/managers/corporate make it unparalleled to any former position I've had.
Pure Hockey is an excellent company
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Neville Island, PAMarch 23, 2015
I've been a sales associate at Pure Hockey for about 2 years and never once have I had a bad day. It's a great and fun work environment and the management is great. I love hockey and I love the customers that come in. Every day is simply just trying to evaluate customer's needs and wants and trying to find the best equipment to suit their needs. My co-workers are all of similar age, and my managers are very calm and great to work for. Hardest part of the job is simply trying to memorize what each equipment can do for someone. Overall, I love the atmosphere, environment, and co-workers; never had a bad day once!
Good place to work with children
Full-time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MASeptember 2, 2014
A unique, quality-run clinic that provides in the development of children with special needs.
Hockey Lingo
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MAJuly 2, 2014
You play the sport you love and you get to share the high interest of hockey with others.
Volatile Work Environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAApril 30, 2014
Everyday the store employees were looking over their shoulders and walking on eggshells because it seemed that upper management was looking for a reason to terminate employees. There was no trust between the store employees and upper management even though in most cases the store employees had been on the job a lot longer than the people in charge. There was even less communication between upper management, store employees were routinely told two or three different things based on who was asked about a certain situation.
Pros
My best friends are people i worked with in the store.
Cons
Anything else you can think of