Pure Storage Employee Reviews

Great culture and people, needs work on efforts to integrate different organizations within the company to work together more efficiently
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 14, 2017
Awesome people- never have I worked at a company where I loved every single person I'd have to work with on a daily basis. Everyone here just gets how Pure Storage works and what needs to be done to get to our goal.
Great culture- emphasis on work/life balance, family and health comes first, and frequent happy hours with coworkers to let loose after work or finishing a big project.
Company needs to work on 401(k) matching and job advancement opportunities. HR needs to hire less executive/director positions and more people that actually get work done.
Pros
Great health/vision/dental benefits, free lunches Mon/Wed/Fri, free dinners Mon-Thurs, fully stocked micro-kitchens on every floor of every building, work/life balance, unlimited PTO/sick days/WFH days
Cons
Career advancement opportunities, too much upper level management, need more employees that carry out the work
Great is your at HQ, Ok when your remote
Global Strategic Lead, SAP (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 7, 2017
It's a great company with great products and a good vision. The culture is open and you can engage with management at every level. The only negative for me was in my group you needed to be onsite to see advancement or recognition and I am based remote. This is just a growing pain of a young company going global and it should change over time.
Scale strategy gone completely wrong...
SDR (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 21, 2017
I loved working for Pure Storage before all the growth and expansion took place. It was an atmosphere where everyone believed in the vision and leadership in place, and there was a real organic, genuine sense of accountability from the top-down. However, post-IPO brought about significant challenges that Pure just couldn't and cannot overcome. Management is a huge, HUGE weakness of this company that is short-sighted in its decision making and ultimately is a carousel of turnover. There is so much emphasis on culture, but the office environment has become simply all about hypocrisy nowadays. They try to offset all these short-comings by providing a wide array of employee benefits, but ultimately, people only care about their careers and who is leading them towards a brighter future, and Pure has lost sight of that.
Pros
Unlimited PTO, Employee Benefits, Compensation
Cons
Management, Leadership, No Career Development, Recruiting, Ethics & Morality, etc.
Great culture/environment
Manager, GSI Practice (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 1, 2017
Overall exactly how you want to be treated and how you want to treat customers. Great people, culture, benefits. Have to bring your A-game. Ultimately they will be successful and people are very happy to work there.
Pros
Plenty: Insurance is almost free, lots of great thinking/people, lunchroom, etc.
Cons
Leadership can be a little tough but you have to bring your A-game
Start up mentality that is fun.
Sr. Account Manager/Global System Integrator (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COApril 18, 2017
If you like start ups, this would be a good place. The company has great perks and a fun personality.
Lots of great people to work with and a friendly culture.
Pros
benifits
Cons
management new and not all on the same page.
Great people, uninspiring work
Member of Technical Staff (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 19, 2016
The people here are absolutely wonderful, and I've learned a lot, but the work isn't very interesting, and there is a deficit of people working on each project, so there is a lot of pressure to deliver that can lead to people not utilizing the company's "unlimited" vacation.
Pros
Free Lunch MWF, Great insurance, Great people
Cons
Not enough people, Boring work
Great company overall
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTMay 11, 2016
Pure Storage has a great culture and is an enjoyable place to work. They really believe in "work hard, play hard". There is plenty of fun to be had, but there is an expectation that you will work even harder than you played.

Long hours are the norm. If you like a challenge, you will enjoy working at Pure Storage.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits, free lunches, fully funded healthcare, best PTO policy out there.
Cons
Management is not always consistent, people are sometimes let go without warning. Recently went public.
Great challenges and culture
IT Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAOctober 1, 2015
I love this company so much. It was my first experience in the corporate setting and it was the best company I could have worked for with an amazing, supportive team and the best company culture I think I will ever experience (hopefully not)..
Pros
Fun, Catered lunch, flexibility, supportive, Leaders
Love it!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 15, 2015
Great work environment, awesome culture!
Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games!
Fun work place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 17, 2014
Work at your own pace. Open communication between team members.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pure Storage. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4