Position: Sr. Web Developer (LAMP, XML, MVC, HTML, CSS, JS)
Status: Full time
Estimated Duration: Possible Full Time
Starts: As soon as we find the right candidate
Rate: Depends on Experience
We are a company with a fast-paced and collaborative culture. We seek forward-thinking approaches and creative solutions. We are looking for someone who will excel in that environment. You need to be comfortable thinking and speaking on your feet and not afraid to throw out new and bold ideas. We work in an agile method that requires open minds and open expression of ideas. That's what we value and that's what makes it fun.
We're located in downtown Seattle : Pioneer SquareP with easy access to train and bus stations.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- You will be working on implementing complex Magento Modules, full scale Wordpress and ExpressionEngine websites
- Work closely with the Web Development team, using UI and functional specs/prototypes as input sources to complete all tasks in weekly sprint meetings
- Meet all requested development objectives and deadlines as assigned by the Project Manager and Lead Developer
- Work with team to ensure all weekly tasks are completed on time and projects are completed by release deadlines
- Write technical specifications and documentation for newly built functionality
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and developments
- Prioritize daily workflow and demands on quality, time and resources
SKILLS YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a relevant discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years professional experience with web sites built in PHP.
- 1+ year working with Magento, Wordpress and ExpressionEngine CMS.
- Experience with MVC, Foundation and Zend framework is a must as you will be working with this frequently.
- Significant experience in a team development environment, preferably with AGILE methodologies.
- Experience with version control technologies like Git in a team environment.
- Must know Terminal in and out.
- Strong interest and desire to handle a variety of technical issues from the very basic, to the ambiguous, to the complex.
- Attuned to the fundamentals of user experience and the web as a medium.
- Ability to wear multiple hats in the same day: Maintenance, QA, Deployment, User Support, etc.
- Have developed or supported an operationally critical/enterprise level web site.
- Knowledge of Python, Ruby, C#, Facebook/Twitter API, Responsive development and other web services a plus.
*Note we are a Mac shop.
**Please send us a detailed resumé and links to your portfolio site or Github profile. We will also need links to a handful of sites you have built and samples of code for us to review. We will review your resume and portfolio and contact you if your skills and experience appear to be a good fit.
- Recruiting agencies do not reply.
- Please no international candidates, unless currently able to work in the United States.
Indeed - 18 months ago