PushToTest is looking to hire a QA Architect to work onsite at Best Buy Corporate Headquarters in Richfield, Minnesota.
PushToTest is growing. Now is an exciting time to be part of our team. Best Buy, Deloitte, PepsiCo, Measured Progress, Deutsche Bank, and Bell Aliant test Web applications for functionality, load, performance, and scalability using PushToTest TestMaker tools and methodology. The problems they need to solve are testing applications and business processes that use Rich Internet Application (RIA, using Ajax, Flex, Flash) and SOAP and REST Web Service interfaces.
PushToTest is a fast paced startup environment. There's plenty of opportunity to influence how the company takes shape. We value technical excellence, innovation, integrity, and effectiveness.
Best Buy is exhilarating, challenging and rewarding. Most of all, it is fun! There's an unmistakable energy which is highly contagious. Best Buy goes to great lengths to ensure employees stay current on things that most people love to learn about during their free time. Things like the latest technology. And the coolest new music and hit movies.
Summary of Role
This person interacts with and must be able to influence other managers, directors and partners throughout the Best Buy organization.
This position will play a significant role delivering PushToTest services to Best Buy. The position will work as part of Best Buy's Global IT team. Best Buy's environment is highly dynamic, fast changing and fluid. This position is for a talented individual in a Senior Quality/Test role. The successful candidate must be a quality/testing subject matter expert in designing, delivering, and managing testing and overall quality efforts for the integration area holistically.
The position will be responsible for providing processes, delivery models, and compliance programs supporting key Best Buy program goals. You will drive appropriate PushToTest testing and test management solutions for quality; view alternatives from an end-to-end integrated perspective, and understand the broader implications of technical and business related choices. For example, we provide integration between PushToTest TestMaker, Rally, HP Systinet, Subversion, and Team Foundation Server for integrated functional testing, load and performance testing, and production monitoring.
Key responsibilities include:
- This role must effectively partner with and lead teams with various staffing models of internal and external on-shore and off-shore resources, in order to deliver successful outcomes
- Develop, teach, and maintain programs and processes for quality
- Improve defect identification and remediation cycles
- Match Best Buy needs to PushToTest technology, tools, methodology solutions
- Implement programs to identify and drive early test adoption and Agile principles in all projects
- Validate and certify functional and non-functional requirements definitions via partner provided results
- Review technical specifications/limitations and construct reviews of technical approach including application capacity reviews
- Support service introduction and deployment processes for releases into production by providing knowledge transfer to the support teams
- Validate the technical components of the deployment plan
- Provide input into TCO optimization
- The person seeking this role must have the drive and competence to design and implement Quality programs and roadmaps to address key program goals and desires within a multi vendor delivery model (PushToTest, WiPro, Accenture)
- Bachelor or advanced degree in IT, Computer Science, business or related field
- 5 or more years of experience implementing large scale quality programs
- 5 or more years in a Lead role
- 5 or more years experience in complex integrated systems design and development across multiple capabilities
- Clear understanding of architecture principles
- 3 or more years experience at a manager level in global consumer orientated organization, digital business or related industry
- 3 or more years experience at a manager level in a multi-channel brand business environment
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 5 years experience leading/ managing Testing and Quality programs
- 3 or more years of management or leadership experience
- 10 years experience in one more of the following areas, with demonstrated progression of responsibilities:
- Application delivery
- Capacity planning
- Performance testing
- Testing execution and planning
Self-directed - Figure out what needs to be done, and does it
Leader - Extends personal reach by leading others to the same goal
Flexible - Can view a problem many different ways
Hard working - Willing to help others when there's a need
Teacher/Mentor - Guides others to achieve their full potential
Learner - Effective at growing from the experience of others
Continual improvement - Believes in sharpening the saw when not sawing
Primary Location: United States-MN-Richfield
Schedule: Full-time, Supporting Customers In North America in US Timezone
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Job Type: Salaried Employee
Shift: US Business Hours Day Job