PUTNAM CITY SCHOOLS Employee Reviews

Great place
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 7, 2015
Wonderful kids that will warm your heart. Coworkers are great, working conditions great as well. Highschool environment could be better, but elementary school kids are entertaining and fun to be around.
Special Education Teacher
Self-Contained Special Education Teacher (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 26, 2015
As a Special Education Teacher, I create relationships with students and families to achieve a mutual respect and trust in the learning environment. I strive to understand the individual learning styles and requirements of my students. These understandings helping my students to grasp and understand new skills and concepts. I am responsible for keeping track of all paperwork, assisting and teaching students and meeting IEP goals, while ensuring academic success and provision of services in accordance's with administrative and district guidelines.
Asst Grounds Manager (Current Employee), OKC. OK.October 14, 2014
A great place to work. My days include time sheets daily , work orders, making sure stuff is being done with quality work and making sure the kids are in a safe environment. Hardest part of the job is that you can't make every one happy. I enjoy coming to work because its almost like family in way. the management in the department I work in now is great.
fun experience
Experienced French teacher and English (Former Employee), oklahoma cityOctober 5, 2014
Great management. Fun working setting. Shaping and educating young talented minds.
First teaching job was a good challenge
6th Grade Geography Teacher (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 28, 2014
I learned a lot in my first two years as a teacher at Putnam City Hefner Middle School. I learned many nuances in how to create a learning environment for children. One thing I loved about Hefner Middle School is they did peer teaching. What this meant was that teachers were placed in teams and had common students. This allowed for teachers to compare viewpoints on common students and brainstorm ideas on the best ways to educate those students. This was extremely helpful in my first year. Because of a Reduction of Force in the district, I was not able to return to Hefner as a Geography teacher. During that summer, I lost my wife to a brain tumor, and the administration found me a position at the school as an Alternative Education teacher. I was very grateful for that. Later that school year, I lost my sister to a blood clot. The school really supported me during this time.
Definitely one of the best companies I have ever worked for
Long Term Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 22, 2014
I had many great adventures at INTEGRIS and learned so much about myself and other people. I was able to work with so many different cultures and have used this experience to further my career.
I would still be there if the restaurant was still open.
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 19, 2013
Pros: the food which was wonderful and the people i worked with and learning about the business.
Cons: the restaurant closed
I loved this job.I learned so much about the business,my co-workers were like family and we all had the same goal which was great customer service which i have seen a major decline in that area of restaurant business
Very flexible job
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 31, 2013
I can set my schedule as a sub and the kids in elementary are very nice and giving.
Stressful and fun
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 10, 2013
Besides taking roll and collecting papers, most of the time the teacher left a movie for the class to watch or they leave a test I had to administer and grade.
Great School System
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 13, 2013
Excellent experience in many different environments. Taught many subjects, including special education classes. The principals were professional and grateful. Teachers were willing to help. Class sizes varied form school to school. The most enjoyable aspect of the job is meeting many people.
I cleaned floors, classrooms, and bathrooms
Custodian, Putnam City School District (Former Employee), Putnam City School DistrictFebruary 10, 2012
Pros: no supervision, easily found more to do.
Cons: bias practices
I was able to work unsupervised, allowing me to get done what needed to be done to my highest expectations.