PUTNAM CITY SCHOOLS Employee Reviews

Alright place to work with.
Subsitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 9, 2017
Reading lesson plans and implementing them, Taking children where they need to be whether its lunch, specials, or the bus and making sure students understand what they are working on, or doing.
Past pace work steady work but bad management and poor communication
Putnam city schools custodian (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 23, 2017
Bad management poor communication. Too much gossip and competative workplace too much favortis. The work & co-workers are easy to work hardworking. Got to interact with teachers & students which was very rewarding! Learning of different jobs
Pros
Love the kind of work and fast paced envornment
Cons
Bad management poor communication
Challenging and fast paced
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 2, 2017
I love my co-workers and the students and families I work with. I love the opportunity to train others and give feedback. I love the program and what it represents.
Fun atmosphere
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethany, OKJuly 27, 2017
Putnam City schools take care of their employees. They maintain communication and focus on what's best for the children. Very Fun, exciting and rewarding.
Pros
Kids are fun
Cons
Hard to reapply
Great School District
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 8, 2017
Putnam City School District is an AMAZING district to work for because they treat all employees like family. They provide numerous supports, professional development, and encouragement.
Pros
You are not an island. You are truly part of a team.
Cons
It depends on the school building to which you are assigned.
Overall if you like working for no raises and minimal salary then this is the place for you.
Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKMay 16, 2017
State job minimal raises and make sure you get paid when you leave because they still owe me for 10 days plus I stayed through graduation to help them out ........ got screwed.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Lied too
A nice place to work
Special Ed teacher asst (Former Employee) –  8400 N macAurthor Okc, OkFebruary 21, 2017
productive, could have more opportunity for the students and the teachers. I would like to see more pay for the teacher. the location is in Okc, on MacArthur street
Pros
thr communication was good
Cons
breaks could be better
Great group of people who care about kids
Assistant Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 15, 2017
The employees were some of the hardest workers i have ever met. The management cared about the employees. Would recommend them to anyone looking for a position.
Pros
great healthcare, days of are plenty and the retirement plan is good
Cons
Move around a lot from building to building
Education is tough
Fourth Grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 12, 2017
Education is a difficult profession. Working with kids is rewarding, working in a state that doesn't value you as a professional is not. The Superintendent is good.
Pros
working with kids
good job
Title 1 Teacher (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 28, 2016
they are a school system that give a person an opportunity to experience and learn how to manage kids and to help develop personal organization. also helps develop patients.
benefits
Cons
pay
Hard work coupled with variety of tasks makes day go by quickly.
Plumbing Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 26, 2016
Great place to work, benefits and compensation are excellent. Learned a variety of new skills and knowledge related to plumbing. Gained understand of public work environment and social skills in working with many personalities.
Pros
Hours of work.
Cons
lots of change in staffing.
Awesome
6th Math-Algebra 1 Teacher (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 22, 2016
This is a great district to work for. It has a great staff and excellent management. I learned a lot from working at this district and I would recommend it to any teacher seeking employment.
Well Paid, Micromanaged
Classroom Teacher (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 16, 2016
High standards are expected of teachers and students. Minimal resources are provided with which to carry out effective classroom instruction. My experience of nearly 2 decades was minimized when I was forced to use a structure called The Daily 5 & CAFE, and wasn't provided any training until 3 months into the school year.Not everyone is trained in the areas management expects to be implemented in the classroom.
Great yearly schedule, especially if you have kids; however, job not guaranteed from year to year, contract positions.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 16, 2015
Job was fairly stress free as well as the work environment, it was a great job being that I am a mom with 3 children. It allowed me to basically work when they were in school, but I was also off most days/times they were out of school, such as all the school year holiday breaks.
Pros
7.5 hr work days, all school holiday breaks, fairly stress free work enviroment
Cons
Most positions are contract positions so you are not guarenteed your job the next school year, most positions you have to reinterview for the next year.
Great place
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 7, 2015
Wonderful kids that will warm your heart. Coworkers are great, working conditions great as well. Highschool environment could be better, but elementary school kids are entertaining and fun to be around.
Special Education Teacher
Self-Contained Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 26, 2015
As a Special Education Teacher, I create relationships with students and families to achieve a mutual respect and trust in the learning environment. I strive to understand the individual learning styles and requirements of my students. These understandings helping my students to grasp and understand new skills and concepts. I am responsible for keeping track of all paperwork, assisting and teaching students and meeting IEP goals, while ensuring academic success and provision of services in accordance's with administrative and district guidelines.
Asst Grounds Manager (Current Employee) –  OKC. OK.October 14, 2014
A great place to work. My days include time sheets daily , work orders, making sure stuff is being done with quality work and making sure the kids are in a safe environment. Hardest part of the job is that you can't make every one happy. I enjoy coming to work because its almost like family in way. the management in the department I work in now is great.
fun experience
Experienced French teacher and English (Former Employee) –  oklahoma cityOctober 5, 2014
Great management. Fun working setting. Shaping and educating young talented minds.
First teaching job was a good challenge
6th Grade Geography Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 28, 2014
I learned a lot in my first two years as a teacher at Putnam City Hefner Middle School. I learned many nuances in how to create a learning environment for children. One thing I loved about Hefner Middle School is they did peer teaching. What this meant was that teachers were placed in teams and had common students. This allowed for teachers to compare viewpoints on common students and brainstorm ideas on the best ways to educate those students. This was extremely helpful in my first year. Because of a Reduction of Force in the district, I was not able to return to Hefner as a Geography teacher. During that summer, I lost my wife to a brain tumor, and the administration found me a position at the school as an Alternative Education teacher. I was very grateful for that. Later that school year, I lost my sister to a blood clot. The school really supported me during this time.
Definitely one of the best companies I have ever worked for
Long Term Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 22, 2014
I had many great adventures at INTEGRIS and learned so much about myself and other people. I was able to work with so many different cultures and have used this experience to further my career.