PUTNAM COMMUNITY MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

overall good experience
PCT/Customer service (Former Employee) –  palatka flJuly 5, 2017
Overall a decent experience. The nurses are great to work with and are very helpful. management is kind of ridiculous. a lot of he said she said. Charge nurse lisa needs better people skills.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
charge nurse and house supervisor made everyone uncomfortable
very bisy place to work
LPN Step (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FLJune 3, 2017
patient care is the main focus of your day. Help the patient to have the best possible experience in their time of need. Always make sure to check on your patients often.
Pros
12 hr shifts
Cons
working holidays/weekends
Love
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Putnam County, FLJune 2, 2017
I loved my job
Everything about it it was home and everyone loved me
Good people and great town
I loved being around to see people smile and to help them
Not a great place to work!
To Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FLMay 13, 2017
A typical day on the floor at PCMC, you will discharge 4 patients out of 6 because they admit every person who walks through the door and the throw 3 admits at you all at once and promise assistance which you will not get. They run there nurses into the ground.
Great family workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FLApril 15, 2017
Putnam is a great place to work and get your feet in the door to advancements. I would definitely like to work there again in the future, once my babies grow up.
Quick paced
Medical Assistant (40hrs/wk) (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FL 32177March 23, 2017
Very busy cardiologist office every day.I got to know my patients very well, whom i also enjoyed taking care of. Making sure they understood the information and medication that was provided for them. Being able to call to check on them after hospital stay overs, and knowing that I make a difference in their lives.
Productive and fun place to work for
Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Palatka, FLFebruary 19, 2017
PCMC is an amazing hospital to work for. I have not encountered any problems with any of the staff and I also enjoy my job. I have learned a lot of different things about the interpretation of the rhythms during my training that I was not taught in my class.
Spent 20 years there
DIRECTOR OF FACILITIES (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FLMay 4, 2016
For profit organization and I did not agree with their philosophies and where they were headed. extremely over the top with micromanagement.
Great staff
Charge Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FLApril 29, 2016
Previous department management very poor, new management in place and very willing to work with nurses and keeping it a safe environment for patients as well as nurses.
Pros
Plenty of opportunity for growth
Cons
Call, weekend and holiday rotations required
The dedication you give this hospital is not recognized
RN (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FLJanuary 30, 2016
Place is in disarray and needs serious renovations. After many years of service, decided I deserved to be treated better than I was. Would not advise any nurse to waste years of her career in a hospital that doesn't have any respect for it's employees. Pay is below average.
Pros
Wonderful coworkers
Cons
Send you home when patient census is low. No compensation for lost wages.
Putnam County Medical Center
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Palatka, FLNovember 20, 2015
PCMC is a great place to work and i am currently looking to gain additional employment to supplement my income. i am very busy on a typical day at PCMC treating patients in all phases of respiratory care in all hospital settings i;e floor therapy ICU, ER, OB CARDIO/PULMONARY
Pros
helping people get better
Cons
need more hours
Family oriented fun place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FLAugust 19, 2015
I loved working here with my coworkers. They made it enjoyable and fun to come to work and I looked forward to going to work.
work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Palatka, FLAugust 9, 2015
sometimes its very fast pace and some times its slow. Good benefits. I enjoyed my job there. Be able to work under pressure at all times in a hospital.
A good place to work
Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Palatka, FLJune 25, 2015
This is a small community hospital and overall a good place to work. Like any workplace, politics abound but I find that as long as you do your job well and treat others with respect you will have a good experience. My current manager is one of the most competent and well-rounded individuals I've ever had the pleasure of working with.
accountable and dependable employees
Director (Current Employee) –  Palatka, FLJune 19, 2015
Nice place to work accountable and dependable employees. Upper management team is engaged. Limitied speciality services, but new CEO and CFO are committed to bringing in new services to the community. 99 bed, only hospital in community of 75,000. Next closest facility 45 miles away.
Pros
Friendly staff and upper management
Cons
location
Busy, fast paced with numerous patient interactions.
Registration Team Lead/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Palatka, FlJune 3, 2015
The work day is busy with continuous assistance of patients. I have learned how to efficiently multi-task and manage my team. Management is supportive and willing to assist. My coworkers are willing to assist wherever needed. The hardest part of the job is collecting balances from patients that refuse to pay. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with patients.
Good place to learn new skills and work with others
Charge/Staff ICU RN (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FLJune 2, 2015
Typically 12-14 hour night shifts. I learned to work harder but smarter and to manage my time effectively.Throughout my years there I learned a lot of new skills medically as well as how to deal with the public during their time of stress. I worked with a great team o co-workers who relied on each other for each other. Being in ICU there were a lot of hard parts, sometimes time management was the hardest. But the most enjoyable part was also the hard parts. Learning every day was an important part of the job. And every day was a learning experience.
Pros
Working with a great team of nurses, learning a lot
Cons
Short-staffed often, no "official" breaks at night
Its a wonderful place to work
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Palatka FLApril 20, 2015
Its been a great place to work. The hardest part about the job is the call. The best part about the job is that i know that i am saving someones life.
Great place to learn in a new field
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  PalatkaApril 11, 2015
Typical morning draw begins early in a Hospital setting. I learned how to perfect my blood drawing abilities here, as I had no experience in the field before working here. Exposure to a variety of patients with age, culture, and difficulty of sticking. The staff is very friendly. This is a small hospital so it is easy to become familiar with everyone working here.
Pros
Quick paced job
Cons
Not enough wages/odd hours
Productive Medical Center that is client centered
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FLAugust 27, 2014
Typical day would include doing rounds in report from previous shift. Checking on the patients status. I would check blood pressures, check for incontinence, distribute snacks, check blood sugar. If there was a new admission I would set the room up and assist the nurse in admission process. I learned how to chart on their Meditech system and also some medical procedures. Management and coworkers was satisfactory in rating. The hardest part about the job would be being understaffed, this caused a lot of division among the company. The most enjoyable part would be the patients, I love helping others.
Pros
Pay
Cons
under staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PUTNAM COMMUNITY MEDICAL CENTER. Our community is ready to answer.

PUTNAM COMMUNITY MEDICAL CENTER Reviews by Location