PUTNAM COMMUNITY MEDICAL CENTER

PUTNAM COMMUNITY MEDICAL CENTER Employer Reviews

Small town hospital
Patient Counselor II (Former Employee), Palatka, FLMarch 21, 2014
It was my first career after undergrad. The pay was terrible and I was over qualified for most of the positions there. I learned a lot so it was a great experience for me to get my feet wet.
PCMC
Intensive Care Unit Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Palatka, FLMay 20, 2013
A small community based hospital, with a largely diverse employed team. The hardest part of the job is that most equipment is outdated, and they are slightly behind times with care.
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee), Palatka, FLJanuary 17, 2013
I enjoy the people that I meet and work with. There is a support with the employees. I do ultrasound and assist the radiologist with invasive procedures.
Very good place to increase my knowledge of institutional pharmacy procedures.
Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Palatka, FLNovember 19, 2012
Pros: always in motion. days went by very fast
Cons: sometimes you feel you must go too fast and worry about making mistakes.
Hours can be very long. Very interesting work and keeps you busy. A lot more goes on in a hospital pharmacy than most people realize.
Registered patients for in/out patient surgeries, diagnostic testing, sleep studies,lab work and blood transfusions.
Collection/Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Palatka, FLSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: had my own office
Cons: making patients pay for these procedures.
We registered and pre registered all patients during the times of 8-4. Verified benefitsand explained these benefits to patients. Alot of upfront collections since all procedures were elective.
Working closely with Patient's, Management, and their families.
Clerical Support/ Business Office Assistant (Former Employee), Palatka, FLJune 18, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: pay
My daily tasks included ordering office supplies, locating patient files for Insurance billers and collectors, as well as providing daily updates to Business Office Manager about charity cases, and their disposition.

About PUTNAM COMMUNITY MEDICAL CENTER

Putnam Community Medical Center, a subsidiary of LifePoint Hospitals, has more than 140 beds and serves Florida's Putnam County – Read more