Putnam Hospital Center Employee Reviews

I loved it
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Carmel, NYOctober 9, 2017
I love working for putnam hospital center and love the people I work with. Definitely recommend anyone to work there. I'll miss it when I leave for sure!
Pros
Staff
Cons
Lack of staff
Political Medicine
Director, Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  Carmel, NYSeptember 18, 2017
Times are changing and medicare is becoming more stringent on meeting quality metrics for reimbursement. That said, surgeons do not like change and use political bullying power to get what they want - regardless of the wake they leave behind. Many people trying to do the "right thing" are forced out. New leadership, specifically their CNO, is amazing and supportive - with the right leadership and nursing support Putnam could be an amazing place to work
Pros
Competitive salary, location
Cons
Surgeons, politics
Skilled Mechanic/Engineer (Current Employee) –  Carmel, NYAugust 7, 2017
Putnam hospital is a good place to work. The staff is excellent to deal with. Everyone is very helpful and we all strive to get our work done efficiently. Sometimes work can be stressful because it is hard to get material to do our job and takes a long time to receive material when it finally does get ordered. The hardest part of my job is dealing with old buildings and the way things used to work. We are constantly fixing things that are old and trying to make them work again instead of replacing them with new more efficient equipment.However, I work with a great group of men in my department and we all help each other out in the best way that we can. Overall, my job is good and i enjoy working here.
Pros
benefits, union job, good shift schedule
Cons
salary is low, budget is tight, need more mechanics
a good place to work for
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Carmel, NYJuly 25, 2017
A good place to work for. Benefits are great when you work for a hospital. employees are very kind to one another. they work as a team together. Work was fairly easy and fun.
Good work enviornment, always learning everytime i step into work.
Patient Care Tech (Current Employee) –  Carmel, NYApril 3, 2017
I float to different floors so everyday I go to work Is different I never know where I will end up in the hospital. The nurses are willing to help when they are needed. Overall great work environment.
Fast paced qualtiy and outcoes driven orgaizatio
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Carmel, NYMarch 12, 2017
There is no typical day at work. Each day is challenging and varied. I have learned much about myself and my abilities to lead. Additionally, I have learned a great deal about managing operations of the service as well as managing the human resources. '

There is a culture of respect, excellence, accountability, compassion and honor. Those are our values and are exhibited daily. The challenge in this role are the many competing priorities and getting it all done...and done well.

The organization is known for the wonderful, dedicated people who work tirelessly to ensure an excellent patient experience
Pros
location, free parking, community feel, friendly staff
Cons
staffing is inadequate when census is high
not bad
Environmental service worker (Former Employee) –  Carmel, NYFebruary 24, 2017
I loved the staff ! The E.R was a fun place , always busy and very interesting.I miss it . Was laid - off some time ago,would love to go back ! I need full-time work & PHC is not giving it !
Not so bad
Home Health Aide/CNA (Former Employee) –  Carmel, NYFebruary 12, 2017
pleasant friendly work environment, not the right equipment at homes resulting in injury to workers
not too much overtime and some favoritism towards aids that have been there for a while a lot of turnover and minimal training was provided.
Pros
pleasant environment
Cons
heavy labor in a home with no equipment
Awesome
Dietary Clerk (Current Employee) –  Carmel, NYDecember 31, 2016
The staff is so dedicated to their jobs and it is very inspiring. I was welcomed with open arms when I started and have made some life long friends working here.
A fulfilling experience
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Carmel, NYAugust 11, 2016
The only word that comes to mind when I think of my time at Putnam Hospital Center is fulfilling. I had the opportunity to train under members of the hospital who have been there for years. I learned the ins and outs of the hospital and the best foods to get in the cafeteria. The most rewarding part of volunteering in a hospital was the time I spent in the emergency room. I had the opportunity to transport patients from the emergency room to their CAT scans, MRIs, and various parts of the hospital. In the short time that I directed patient's stretchers from one end of the hospital to the other, I learned more about them than I probably know about some of my friends. This was definitely the most enjoyable part of working at Putnam Hospital Center.

Want to know more about Putnam Hospital Center?

Ask a question
Co-workers were helpful & fun to work with.
Medical Records Analyst (Former Employee) –  Carmel, NYJuly 19, 2015
I enjoyed my work in Medical Records. My Co-workers were very helpful when I needed help. Typically I stated with scanning patient records after that I would check the scan, place them in books pertaining to the same content after I would verify the chart. I would then analyze it to make sure all doctor signatures were there. If not I would tag it for signature.
Pros
Nice Co-workers
Cons
Short lunch breaks, not enough time to get and eat in cafeteria.
Small Hospital with innovations
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carmel,NYJanuary 21, 2015
Day to day operations of insurance reviews, crisis interventions; assessments and programmatic oversight.
Pros
Small hospital
Cons
Weak Managment
cohesive staff who are helpful and also have fun after work
NURSE CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Carmel, NYMay 8, 2014
The staff at Putnam Hospital are seasoned professionals.

My co-workers were very helpful and we always worked as a team

I enjoyed being able to eat lunch with my co-workers

The hardest part of the job was getting everything accomplished

I did not like having corporate over site as it took away the

"community hospital" feel.

At times it felt like management was "top heavy" within the organization and not enough staff to get the job done
Pros
food in cafeteria, friendly staff, nursing units are spacious
Cons
not enough staff, corporate oversight
Great Potential
Medical Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carmel, New YorkMarch 18, 2014
Friendly work atmosphere, great working experience. Room to grow and plenty of incentives.
Pros
15 min breaks
Cons
extreme long hours, patient contact
Hospital
Radiology Department Receptionist/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carmel, NYMarch 8, 2014
Responsible for scheduling radiological exams for people taking into account insurance policies of the patient. Would educate each person about the exam and any preparations that needed to be done prior to the test.
Pros
Wonderful organization to work for
Cons
No ability to grown
Good hospital
Patient Care Technician, Oncology (Former Employee) –  carmel nyFebruary 23, 2014
Could not work 8 hour shifts while going to school full time. Job was demanding but never dull. Co-workers were great.
Fun workplace
Medical Technologist / Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Carmel, NYJanuary 30, 2014
Such long time ago can't judge to workplace. Worked as a contractor. Did not get any benefit or anything.
Pros
Good manager
excellent work environment.
Ext. 2554 Hedi McClousky (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Carmel, NYDecember 27, 2013
great hospital to work in. Great co-workers and clean environment.
knowledgeable coworkers.
Computer tomography Technologist (Current Employee) –  Carmel, NYNovember 12, 2013
A typical day is unpredictable as far as support services to a smooth work flow. I've learned to relay upon myself to streamline a daily schedule resulting in great customer satisfaction.
Management doesn't seem to focus on key details that can help process quick and accurate service to all,[Patients,ref. Phy, Radiologist and staff]. The hardest part of the job is hearing coworkers complain about what is lacking in guidance from Management. The most enjoyable part of the day is being recognized by Patients and seeing them smile as to say I treated them with care and compassion.
Pros
Good equipment for diagnosing.
Cons
Unpredictable management.
a nice place to work
lead diet aide I also help (Current Employee) –  carmel nyAugust 13, 2013
The hospital is a decent job and the people i work with are good people.