Putnam Investments Employee Reviews

They eat thier young
Technical Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAApril 6, 2017
Log onto the mainframe and review the status of the nightly batch cycle. Respond to transaction inquiries. Plan for the next Sungard release. I learned the Sungard application OmniPay, OmniPlan and OmniPlus and were and how to include custom code. Management was very hands on. We were all given much more work than could be expected to be completed in a normal workday. The amount of work expected and the number of hours needed to complete the work. The people were the most enjoyable part of this job.
Pros
The people
Cons
Workplace culture
good place to learn
Investor Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 29, 2017
it is a great place to learn about the financial industry but there isn't a lot of room for growth. also for the east coast the salary could be better
Professional environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 19, 2017
Putnam was very professional work place and was always trying to bring out the best in their employees.

Offered classes and seminars to help employees be great 'faces for Putnam'.

Learned that internal customers are just as important as the outside customers. Breed a culture of being the best you can be!
All work
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 17, 2017
Agility work place. You are a Jack of all trades. Must work independently and follow procedures. Must be willing to change with the needs of the company.
Pros
part time jobs
Cons
micro managed
Great Environment
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 14, 2017
Great Environment and Work/ Life Balance. Advancement opportunities are available. Benefits are also great. Opportunity to learn about mutual funds, retirement, and 401k products.
Very positive work experience
Server Operations Technical Expert (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 8, 2017
Great place to work. Ability to work with multiple technologies. Fast paced for the most part with times of slow down. However with movements to cloud technology, virtualization, and the outsourcing of IT etc many positions were eliminated.
Excellent job which gave me a chance
Senior Production Supervisor of Automated Mail (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 27, 2017
Important job for me. Putnam had an corporate structure in the finance industry but we did and essential job providing mail for broker/shareholder, retirement, and marketing departments.
Pros
Long hours, including weekends and holidays
Cons
we relied on a lot of people to do their jobs.
Great advancement opportunities
Administrative Assistant/Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAFebruary 25, 2017
Environment is stressful due to the nature of the job - Finance
Great financial benefits - quarterly bonuses
Vacation and sick policy is beneficial to the employees
Advancement opportunities are available in all classes of employees
Pros
Benefits and job advancement opportunities
Cons
Stressful due to the Financial environment
Productive and Enjoyable Place to Work
Product Information Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 30, 2017
Working at Putnam was never dull. Lots of different projects going on with lots of opportunities to get involved with new technology. Work life balance was also incredibly
Pros
Great people to work with and very helpful, Great work life balance
Cons
Low pay, Career advancement is limited, Poor IT
Great work life and benefits, Highly political
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAJanuary 22, 2017
Excellent work life balance (four weeks vacation plus floating holidays!) and benefits, but can be highly political depending on the group. Seems arbitrary who is promoted, not necessarily based on merit or experience. Lower salaries but compensated with benefits and work from home opportunities.
Analysts (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAJanuary 14, 2017
Low morale and extreme uncertainty.

If your an intern there is much to learn. You will get the experience you need to move on to a company with potential for a career with a future .
Pros
Work at home program
Cons
Health care and growth
Great job, first role at Putnam after graduating college
Regional Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 9, 2017
Rewarding first job at Putnam before I was promoted to current Interal wholesaler role. Management was great at teaching and helping me learn the company, the industry, and what they expected from us.
Beautiful grounds to walk through during breaks .
Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Andover, MADecember 13, 2016
My work day consists of researching shareholder's retirement accounts . Preparing and mailing company / client correspondence . Providing checks , commission reports , tax document & account history transcripts .
Putnam Investments
Administrative Assistant / Fixed Income (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 22, 2016
I love working among so many talented individuals but unfortunately there are many cons. Putnam extremely underpays their staff; there is zero work/life balance; there is no room for growth to further your career.
Product Strategy and Development Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 13, 2016
Putnam Investments has a great culture and compensation and benefits. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. The hardest part of the job is role-specific (not enough mobility).
Great office
Participant Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Andover, MANovember 11, 2016
A dynamic young office that manages to respect work life balance while still providing adequate opportunities to grow personally and professionally in the company.
Mutual Fund Company
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAOctober 22, 2016
Dealt with clients, brokers, backend offices to ensure transactions were handlede properly and if anyone had any issues with their account I'd make sure I was a point of reference since I was familiar with their issues,
Summery
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 8, 2016
Good and It is nice to work on Putnam Investment. mostly recommended work on it.
I have learned Selenium Automation. nothing hardest.
Excellent company all around with a team cafeteria and dining
Executive Assistant to SVP of Financial Operations (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAAugust 1, 2016
Days were challenging and very rewarding. Would go home everyday feeling fulfilled. Learned about mutual funds, retirement planes and 529's. Management and co-workers excellent, always looking for ways to help me grow and always supported me on a daily basis. Loved the different variety of tasks that faced me every day.
Pros
Full cafeteria, excellent benefits, excellent management, beautiful office
Cons
More training classes
Help Desk
Help Desk Engineer (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMay 9, 2016
I was in a call center tier 1. I learned a lot by taking all different types of calls. People were nice and management was cool. I did not like having to wear a tie all day. I liked troubleshooting over the phone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Putnam Investments. Our community is ready to answer.

Putnam Investments Reviews by Location