Putnam Investments Employee Reviews

Great work life and benefits, Highly political
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAJanuary 22, 2017
Excellent work life balance (four weeks vacation plus floating holidays!) and benefits, but can be highly political depending on the group. Seems arbitrary who is promoted, not necessarily based on merit or experience. Lower salaries but compensated with benefits and work from home opportunities.
Productive and Enjoyable Place to Work
Product Information Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 30, 2017
Working at Putnam was never dull. Lots of different projects going on with lots of opportunities to get involved with new technology. Work life balance was also incredibly
Pros
Great people to work with and very helpful, Great work life balance
Cons
Low pay, Career advancement is limited, Poor IT
Putnam Investments
Administrative Assistant / Fixed Income (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 22, 2016
I love working among so many talented individuals but unfortunately there are many cons. Putnam extremely underpays their staff; there is zero work/life balance; there is no room for growth to further your career.
Excellent company all around with a team cafeteria and dining
Executive Assistant to SVP of Financial Operations (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAAugust 1, 2016
Days were challenging and very rewarding. Would go home everyday feeling fulfilled. Learned about mutual funds, retirement planes and 529's. Management and co-workers excellent, always looking for ways to help me grow and always supported me on a daily basis. Loved the different variety of tasks that faced me every day.
Pros
Full cafeteria, excellent benefits, excellent management, beautiful office
Cons
More training classes
Product Strategy and Development Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 13, 2016
Putnam Investments has a great culture and compensation and benefits. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. The hardest part of the job is role-specific (not enough mobility).
Great job, first role at Putnam after graduating college
Regional Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 9, 2017
Rewarding first job at Putnam before I was promoted to current Interal wholesaler role. Management was great at teaching and helping me learn the company, the industry, and what they expected from us.
Great office
Participant Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Andover, MANovember 11, 2016
A dynamic young office that manages to respect work life balance while still providing adequate opportunities to grow personally and professionally in the company.
Analysts (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAJanuary 14, 2017
Low morale and extreme uncertainty.

If your an intern there is much to learn. You will get the experience you need to move on to a company with potential for a career with a future .
Pros
Work at home program
Cons
Health care and growth
Beautiful grounds to walk through during breaks .
Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Andover, MADecember 13, 2016
My work day consists of researching shareholder's retirement accounts . Preparing and mailing company / client correspondence . Providing checks , commission reports , tax document & account history transcripts .
Mutual Fund Company
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAOctober 22, 2016
Dealt with clients, brokers, backend offices to ensure transactions were handlede properly and if anyone had any issues with their account I'd make sure I was a point of reference since I was familiar with their issues,
Summery
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 8, 2016
Good and It is nice to work on Putnam Investment. mostly recommended work on it.
I have learned Selenium Automation. nothing hardest.
Help Desk
Help Desk Engineer (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMay 9, 2016
I was in a call center tier 1. I learned a lot by taking all different types of calls. People were nice and management was cool. I did not like having to wear a tie all day. I liked troubleshooting over the phone
Great opportunities if you're ready, willing, and able to look!
Account Associate via Xerox (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 19, 2013
I was working at Putnam Investments as a contractor for 4 yearsI worked in the document center as a contractor through Xerox Large corporation, a very nice place to work if you are dedicated and not lazy. They require consistency and commitment.They give you a lot of experiance and let you learn first how things should be done. Its great if you are just starting out your career.
Pros
Xerox has several clusters of very talented people, and under the right managers employees gain good growth opportunities.
Cons
Lots of downsizing, don't expect annual salary increases, they've shipped a lot of jobs overseas.
Investor Service Representative
Investor Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAFebruary 10, 2016
Great company to work for. Great environment to work in. Great benefits. Enjoy going to work on a daily basis, and performing what is needed of me.
Pros
Great company
Management does an excellent job helping every employee feel comfortable and there is great opportunity for advancement.
Processor and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Andover, MASeptember 24, 2012
I very much enjoyed working at Putnam all of the management goes above and beyond to assist you with any questions or problems so that you can be sure that everything you are processing is done correctly the first time. I learned to slow down and ask questions if you're not 100% sure on something, and by learning this through my peers I excelled at my work and took great pride in the work I did, and was very proud to have worked at this amazing company. Everyone was very friendly both management and my co-workers there was never a day that I did not look forward to going to work. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting awards for a job well done because it is a great feeling to be recognized for all my hard work. They only hard part of the job would be trying to network myself with my co-workers and upper management because I was not in the office very often since I worked at home. But with all of that said working at Putnam was by far the greatest job so far in my professional career.
Pros
great facility; including the lunch area and the food they served. and pot lucks.
Cons
there are no cons.
my productivity was above average
associate (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAApril 7, 2016
my day started with reading the mail processing the checks after the checks were bagged they went to the scanner to be scanned which I did occasionally and then they were pulled in the check room and sent out to the bank by courier.
Pros
they gave us breakfast on occasion
Cons
we had an hour for lunch break
Customer service assisting with annuities and/or mutual fund accounts
Investor Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Andover, MASeptember 1, 2015
Assist shareholders and brokers with fund exchanges, withdrawals, death benefit quotes, and other aspects of fund management and account maintenance
Provide exceptional support to clients with Putnam-Hartford Insurance annuities and effectively respond to and alleviate account issues in a timely manner
Outline transaction requirements, process financial transactions, and provide up-to-date fund information
Pros
Learn great communication skills and awesome work place
Good people & work environment. Culture & values sliding under current leadership
Investments (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 20, 2012
Putnam was a great place to work with a very healthy and vibrant culture. It still holds some of these qualities, but values and culture have been on the slide under current leadership.
Pros
people, competitive salary
Cons
political, less merits based, short-termism
Pretty good entry level
Investor Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAApril 7, 2015
Good entry level work. Lot of knowledge is expected. Management is alright. Job depends on which manager you have. Co-workers are young and also interns. Career advancement opportunity are there but it depends on the manager again. Very micro-managed and analytic .
good place to start
analyst (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAMay 9, 2013
good place to start your career. Hard place to move up. Good benifits and a great work/life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Putnam Investments. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2